BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've done quite a bit of digging online and from what I can tell it checks out.
A few things I've noted about it are: 9 settings (first 4 for night vision can't even see), the nob does not turn to the "off" position from setting 9, the threads are fine and not large like cheep Chinese optics, the front lens is slightly angled, has "Aimpoint" stamped on side, appropriate "Comp M2" marking followed by the serial number with "Made in Sweden" underneath, and the battery has the black pad behind it.

Only thing that still concerns me is the battery cap. Mine seems to have a rather long one.

ETA: I asked him to bring the box for the Aimpoint and he said he no longer had it.

<a href="http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/FNPforME/media/688DB806-A0E5-4DEB-B63B-F70B1577D0DA_zpsmxbjhdzz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh569/FNPforME/688DB806-A0E5-4DEB-B63B-F70B1577D0DA_zpsmxbjhdzz.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/FNPforME/media/EE126020-F636-46CC-8AFE-CC5A3A5C0FD1_zpszudwloyz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh569/FNPforME/EE126020-F636-46CC-8AFE-CC5A3A5C0FD1_zpszudwloyz.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/FNPforME/media/E25246A4-C7FF-4BE9-A4AD-C94FD194348D_zpsrw0ps6ju.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh569/FNPforME/E25246A4-C7FF-4BE9-A4AD-C94FD194348D_zpsrw0ps6ju.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With the price paid and knowing he was not truthful about the trigger, possibly dishonest about the muzzle brake & upper, I'd suspect the Aimpoint was fake until proven otherwise.  

That would be the deciding factor on how far I would pursue this matter.

A few things I've noted about it are: 9 settings (first 4 for night vision can't even see), the nob does not turn to the "off" position from setting 9, the threads are fine and not large like cheep Chinese optics, the front lens is slightly angled, has "Aimpoint" stamped on side, appropriate "Comp M2" marking followed by the serial number with "Made in Sweden" underneath, and the battery has the black pad behind it.

Only thing that still concerns me is the battery cap. Mine seems to have a rather long one.

ETA: I asked him to bring the box for the Aimpoint and he said he no longer had it.

<a href="http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/FNPforME/media/688DB806-A0E5-4DEB-B63B-F70B1577D0DA_zpsmxbjhdzz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh569/FNPforME/688DB806-A0E5-4DEB-B63B-F70B1577D0DA_zpsmxbjhdzz.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/FNPforME/media/EE126020-F636-46CC-8AFE-CC5A3A5C0FD1_zpszudwloyz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh569/FNPforME/EE126020-F636-46CC-8AFE-CC5A3A5C0FD1_zpszudwloyz.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1252.photobucket.com/user/FNPforME/media/E25246A4-C7FF-4BE9-A4AD-C94FD194348D_zpsrw0ps6ju.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh569/FNPforME/E25246A4-C7FF-4BE9-A4AD-C94FD194348D_zpsrw0ps6ju.jpg</a>

I may be wrong, but that looks like a Comp M2 thats was military issued and is probably considered stolen .gov property.

This is why I think so:

- It's a Comp M2

- It has the extended battery cap

- It's on a QRP mount

- Its finish is worn and battered

- It says "Made in Sweden" under the model

- He doesn't have the box
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Isn't there a lot of stolen govt property M2's out there? I would rather have an M3 knowing tthe govt never used those.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I may be wrong, but that looks like a Comp M2 thats was military issued and is probably considered stolen .gov property.

This is why I think so:

- It's a Comp M2

- It's on a QRP mount

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
With the price paid and knowing he was not truthful about the trigger, possibly dishonest about the muzzle brake & upper, I'd suspect the Aimpoint was fake until proven otherwise.  

This is why I think so:

- It's a Comp M2

- It's on a QRP mount

Uh oh.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Isn't there a lot of stolen govt property M2's out there? I would rather have an M3 knowing tthe govt never used those.
View Quote

Yep. They're all over ebay and Armslist. I bought one several years ago when I was younger and naive, and it was a piece of junk. It was beat to heck and looked almost identical to the one OP has (same mount, extended battery cap, etc). The dot would disappear any time I racked the charging handle, and I would have to take the batteries out and reinstall them in order to get the dot to reappear. It was a piece of junk. I paid somewhere around $150-200 for it, and even that was too much. For a cheaper Aimpoint, I would rather spend $375 on a PRO.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]

......At this point, I'm now insisting for my money back.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's what I would do. And then use that $1000 to buy a nice BCM and call it a day.

Link to BCM that you should buy instead
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's what I would do. And then use that $1000 to buy a nice BCM and call it a day.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, not really the same price/category.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:32:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I would just try to learn from the mistake and move on. It wouldn't hurt to contact him, but it may be hard to get any kind of positive outcome out of it since you both agreed to the deal and you gave him cash FTF.
Welcome to the site.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks in advance for the advice!

I would just try to learn from the mistake and move on. It wouldn't hurt to contact him, but it may be hard to get any kind of positive outcome out of it since you both agreed to the deal and you gave him cash FTF.
Welcome to the site.

+1

Also, not to bust your balls, but why not get a factory rifle from a trusted Arfcom vendor or local gun store with a good reputation to begin with?  A good rifle to start with is a Colt 6920.  Something like this or with black furniture:

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about linking to a PAYING INDUSTRY PARTNER here on arfcom instead of a someone who isn't welcome at all on this forum?

13ers...
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's only $100 more for a significantly higher quality rifle that will be a lot more practical than a cheap 7.5" toy.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How about linking to a PAYING INDUSTRY PARTNER here on arfcom instead of a someone who isn't welcome at all on this forum?

13ers...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

13ers...

Sure. Care to post a link to an industry partner selling complete BCM rifles for $1100? I cant seem to find any, nor do I really keep up with the current groupthink on who we like/dislike.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:35:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Not as advertised.

Not a bad gun.

You didn't get ripped off.

I'd just let it go.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:03:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sure. Care to post a link to an industry partner selling complete BCM rifles for $1100? I cant seem to find any, nor do I really keep up with the current groupthink on who we like/dislike.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

13ers...

This could get fun.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This is why I think so:

- It's a Comp M2

- It's on a QRP mount

View Quote

+1 looks like the m68s we had at my unit extended battery cap and well worn. It didn't get that way by a couple of mags worth of ammo . Probably why he covered it in the rubber Armour kinda like bed lining the bed of a truck that's rusted to shit before selling it, except instead of just being scuffed up it might be stolen too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:08:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's only $100 more for a significantly higher quality rifle that will be a lot more practical than a cheap 7.5" toy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But he got an optic, upgraded trigger, muzzle devise, "upgraded" buttstock, and a pmag…
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:44:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Was the lower registered as a pistol lower?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is EXACTLY what I'd want to know. OP could be in possession of an illegal SBR.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This is EXACTLY what I'd want to know. OP could be in possession of an illegal SBR.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since it's a 'boutique' lower, it's pretty much guaranteed that it transferred as a Firearm.  Not pistol or rifle.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Join date? Check.
Post count? Check.

Armslist shenanigans? Multi-check.
Stolen Aimpoint? Check.

All we need at this point is for OP and the lying thief seller to meet in a Walmart and we'll be set.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:08:28 AM EDT
[#20]
OP, please come back and let us know how this all shakes out.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:29:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Lol....ALG Defense is not Geissele.

Not even close $$$ wise. I'd be pissed about that alone.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:49:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sorta kinda.  Mrs. ALG is my wife and I design and make her stuff.

OP, call the shop and ask for James.  He will dig through our blem box and send you a Geissele trigger of your choice at no charge.  This will help you out a bit I hope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OP, call the shop and ask for James.  He will dig through our blem box and send you a Geissele trigger of your choice at no charge.  This will help you out a bit I hope.

Now that's a dealer and a supporter. +1 for ALG/Geissele. I love my triggers.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:52:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow that's pretty awesome!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:57:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Like it's been said, your first AR is a used pistol from Armslist. You hosed yourself right there.

When I read Geissele Comp trigger, I don't think of a $45 ALG trigger...

M2/M3, ehh, some people are idiots.

Could the flaming pig be those new aluminum $40 knock offs? take it off and weigh it. The Pig is steel.

Good luck

ETA: afg on a 7.5" lulz
View Quote

This is pretty much how I read it.

OP you looked it over and he can pretty much cay that.  Breathe and move on.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:09:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sir have earned me as a new customer.  That's is VERY standup.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:13:04 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Sorta kinda. Mrs. ALG is my wife and I design and make her stuff.

OP, call the shop and ask for James. He will dig through our blem box and send you a Geissele trigger of your choice at no charge. This will help you out a bit I hope.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorta kinda. Mrs. ALG is my wife and I design and make her stuff.

OP, call the shop and ask for James. He will dig through our blem box and send you a Geissele trigger of your choice at no charge. This will help you out a bit I hope.

This comment alone is why I am headed over to your site to drop some coin.  You are the man.

Coming to MDM this year?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:29:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, damn.  

Now I'm going to have to buy a Geissele.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:44:25 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't see that every day. I'll keep that in mind next build while buying parts.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:30:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck, now I really need a Geissele
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:42:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
probably just an ALG trigger which i wouldnt advertise as geiselle, big money difference there
View Quote

Yeah, looks like my ALG.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:54:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Since it's a 'boutique' lower, it's pretty much guaranteed that it transferred as a Firearm.  Not pistol or rifle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree, The whole gun appears to have been home built, likely from a virgin receiver. Let's not give OP a heart attack people. Still, always nice to be able to prove it is a legit build.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good joke. Just like Colt, that is an overpriced $800 rifle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:57:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm really happy with the Missus' stuff, I have an ALG trigger and an ALG rail on my personal AR and both are fantastic products, ESPECIALLY for the price. Nice designing, Sagmill!

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:01:57 AM EDT
[#36]
FWIW- OP, I thought it was a good question.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:02:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:12:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What a stand up guy.

I have been gradually upgrading my rifles (2 so far, 2 more awaiting install) to SSA triggers and it does my heart good to know my money is going to people with real integrity.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Probably not much recourse since it was a FTF deal, he will say you had plenty of chance to look it over before money was exchanged, wouldn't hurt to try and get back in touch and get his opinion....but I wouldn't expect much.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That made me feel better about my 3 Geissele triggers, if it was possible.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:43:56 AM EDT
[#41]
And that is what is called corporate goodwill, gentlemen.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
It might be the QMS trigger from ALG Defense. It's hard to tell from the pictures if it's silver or,black, but the hammer looks exactly like the ALG triggers I have.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is an ALG trigger. I have two with the same markings.

If you already talked him down $300 and paid $1000 for the set up pictured, then if day you got a decent deal.
Does not look like an ALG Hammer.

The markings on it are, from what I have read, the markings for LW Schneider, a small parts manufacturer.  Quite a few manufacturers use their parts, including hammers.

Correct....

It might be the QMS trigger from ALG Defense. It's hard to tell from the pictures if it's silver or,black, but the hammer looks exactly like the ALG triggers I have.

That’s because like many other quality manufacturers, ALG
Defense uses LW Schneider triggers, hammers and disconnectors.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:55:16 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:38:56 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That’s because like many other quality manufacturers, ALGDefense uses LW Schneider triggers, hammers and disconnectors.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is an ALG trigger. I have two with the same markings.

If you already talked him down $300 and paid $1000 for the set up pictured, then if day you got a decent deal.
Does not look like an ALG Hammer.

The markings on it are, from what I have read, the markings for LW Schneider, a small parts manufacturer.  Quite a few manufacturers use their parts, including hammers.

Correct....

That’s because like many other quality manufacturers, ALGDefense uses LW Schneider triggers, hammers and disconnectors.

That didn't work out so well for you now did it?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 10:50:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes you do, but beware you can't buy just one Geissele trigger.  A few weeks ago,  I bought my first trigger, an SSA-E and installed it in a 6.5 Grendel.  I liked it so well that a few days later I bought another SSA-E and put in in a 20" 223 Wylde.  Now I'm trying to find a DMR in stock

Bill, since you design the ALG series handguards, how about an M-LOK with a full length top rail
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:09:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow! I definitely wasn't expecting anything like this. Geissele is truly a standup company; thank you so much! You have earned a customer for life.

Quoted:

The lower was bought specifically for this pistol, built as a pistol lower, and has never been on any other gun. It has always been in his possession and had the box for it.

Quoted:
OP, please come back and let us know how this all shakes out.

The sketchiness continues. I called him yesterday. He actually answered and I told him I had a few questions for him. He said he was at work and couldn't talk, but I could text him and he would try and reply. So I texted him with the concerns I pointed out in this thread and asked if the parts he described in his ad were swapped out at some point. He replied 6 hours later saying "still working I'm going to call the gunsmith who put it together when I get off."  -- Now I don't know what to think. He had always said how he buys good parts for his guns, has told me about his other rifles, his custom Glock that he put together (and was posted for sale yesterday), and his gunsmithing work which specifically includes ARs.

Still have not heard back from him at this point. I sent him another message today asking what his gunsmith had said and that I'd appreciate it if he gave me a call. Now I guess I just have to sit and wait
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Cut your losses. Take Geissele up on the free trigger, and save up for a new factory rifle. You're gonna buy another AR soon anyway.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#48]
OP, as I'm sure you're sensing, I get the feeling that this guy is giving you "the runaround." Just delaying the conversation until you decide to throw the whole thing into the Fuckit Bucket and leave him alone. Now, it may be that he's sincerely trying to sort things out with his gunsmith or whatever, but I doubt it. I think he knows exactly what he sold you.

Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:30:33 AM EDT
[#49]
Sounds like he took liberties with the trigger description and it might be a fake (or just unmarked) Pig.  Could have been an honest mistake on the Aimpoint- just didn't know which model that he had.  You didn't get screwed over too badly.  Especially with the free trigger offer.  Buyer beware.  Live and learn.

Don't feel too bad about it.  My first AR (purchased off the the EE here) was a Noveske N4 with a fake DD Omega rail.  I payed a premium to get an upper with quality parts only to get screwed over.  It happens to everybody at some point.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 11:37:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would delete these pics before uncle Sam runs that serial number
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top