BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

LOL

I would hate to have that charge at me though.   That's a lot of momentum.
View Quote
You'd still have until next tuesday to get out of the way.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:31:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I hate the fat cops around here. Disgusting that the same union that protects officers from cronyism and nepotism also protects fatties.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wait. Is this the same ARFCOM that bashes the Marine Corps for having appearance standards?

How dare you bash these LEOs! If they are capable of performing their duties in accordance with current standards, then who cares what bags of shit they look like?
View Quote

You don't grok the difference between "fitness" and "appearance" do you?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Because that has sooo much relevance to what we do on a daily basis.
Do officers have to run after someone every once in a while? Depends on their jurisdiction
You could lose plenty of good otherwise competent officers for  simply *not running* to some standard
Unlike the military which is trying to slim down, many LE agencies can't find enough qualified people.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poor things didn't like to prove they could run.

Do officers have to run after someone every once in a while? Depends on their jurisdiction
You could lose plenty of good otherwise competent officers for  simply *not running* to some standard
Unlike the military which is trying to slim down, many LE agencies can't find enough qualified people.

Bet you cops need to run a hell of a lot more often than they need an MRAP.

What department are you with, Heavy Six?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Looks like she's using her workout app.
View Quote

Adding this mornings bowl of rice chex and skim milk into fitpal no doubt.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:35:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
LOL

View Quote

The only way that could get up to a lethal speed is if was dropped from orbit.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nice bunt.
View Quote

The word you are looking for is GUNT.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Surely even for desk jobs there is some kind of performance requirement!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Clearly you are not familiar with policing. It's mediocrity as far as the eye can see, with occasional islands of competence and professionalism valiantly resisting the undertow trying to drag them into the morass of inept oblivion that surrounds them.
View Quote

Why do you hate cops?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Do you prefer special forces cops?
View Quote

Any cop other than those pictured are routinely accused of being steroid users here.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Believe me, cops that are fit, squared away, and good at their job hate them more than the public does!
View Quote

I didn't, they made me look good.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#12]
LEOs seem to fit one of 3 types.
1. Hugenormous fatties like those pictured
2. Roided out monsters with impulse control issues
3. A handful of "normal" guys that just kinda shake their heads at the first two groups and cross another day off their "until I can retire" calendar.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Extorris, to the white courtesy phone, Extorris to the white courtesy phone, please.
We need heavy cop stories.
View Quote

Meh, my department bounced a guy in our precinct who was too heavy. Before the days of cages in the cars he would routinely break the seats. His statement to our union delegate was "I'm the first guy to be fired for being too fat".
He wasn't technically fired though.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:43:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

This........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
unions bro!...

This........

Even on the many departments that don't have unions?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:44:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:45:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Meh, my department bounced a guy in our precinct who was too heavy. Before the days of cages in the cars he would routinely break the seats. His statement to our union delegate was "I'm the first guy to be fired for being too fat".
View Quote

What did they do, shut down the elevator and move roll call up to the third floor?  
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What did they do, shut down the elevator and move roll call up to the third floor?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They gave him a year to lose weight. He didn't so they gave him a non line of duty taxable medical retirement.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Fat people end up in the Devil's frying pan.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Most of the cops I know are # 3. There are departments that have height and weight standards and, I think, make you run once a year or something.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
3. A handful of "normal" guys that just kinda shake their heads at the first two groups and cross another day off their "until I can retire" calendar.
Most of the cops I know are # 3. There are departments that have height and weight standards and, I think, make you run once a year or something.  

I thought height standards were ruled verboten?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Hit a bad bump, gonna need a proctologist to get it out.

Million-to-one shot, doc!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We used to have a female bicycle officer who had to be 200 pounds overweight.

Hit a bad bump, gonna need a proctologist to get it out.

Million-to-one shot, doc!
Imagine that 3/4 injury!

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Um do you have any idea how fast her draw would be?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

sure, but are appearance /uniform size max ruled forbidden too?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Guess the blue line isn't thin anymore.
View Quote

You win the internets today!  LMAO
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:20:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sure, but are appearance /uniform size max ruled forbidden too?
View Quote

Depends on the department. My job got rid of some fatties.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:23:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Personally I like to see some mandatory PT time.

A couple of places to do it and some offer a raise if you can pass the standard PT test twice a year.
View Quote

We were required to PT twice a year at the SO I worked for in N. Alabama.  No pass = no merit raise for that year.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:25:18 AM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That is one hell of a gunt.

I bet her gynecologist needs a hydraulic speculum.

http://www.gaam.com.au/__data/assets/image/0005/74435/JL-MOC_LowRes.jpg
Utterly disgusting having your gut-thingy sticking out farther than your already huge waist

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Tactical fupa!
View Quote

Tier 1 Front Butt
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:30:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Don't talk about the local sheriffs relatives .  He goes through a lot of trouble to keep them employed . And out of his house.

You gotta think  cousins, brothers , BIL, SIL.  .  No end to the list.

gd
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#30]
She's the only one here professional enough to eat 3 large pizzas in one sitting.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:43:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I'm a fat ass. that being said, I would NOT want that hephalump diving on me in court if I was unruly. They seem well suited to the job.  Lots of area to hide behind,  getting bullets to vitals is going to be a bitch, and if you get sporty and they topple over on you, game over.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
She's the only one here professional enough to eat 3 large pizzas in one sitting.
View Quote

*snort*
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
LOL

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Nice bunt.
View Quote

I prefer the term "gunt", or "front butt".

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
First, it is a FUPA.  Second, the gyno uses a post hole digger.  And SCUBA SCBA gear, the stench is a killer.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is one hell of a gunt.

I bet her gynecologist needs a hydraulic speculum.
First, it is a FUPA.  Second, the gyno uses a post hole digger.  And SCUBA SCBA gear, the stench is a killer.  

Come on man, I thought you were smart! The "U" stands for "Underwater".

Unless the exam is performed in her natural habitat, shallow salt water, then carry on.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#37]
People do the strangest shit with their free time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 11:56:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What!? Come on, cops have to run after people all the time! What are you going to do (I don't mean YOU obviously) when someone pulls over and starts running across a field?    

I had a client who went down to the police station. They tried to get a statement out of him, he refused and said "Hey i'm not under arrest so later" He started walking out and a detective said that he was under arrest so he ran out the front door (he was past the door that locks). He was a generic kind mostly out of shape guy in his twenties, but he started to run for it and cops streamed out of the station after him. He ran up and down the street, behind buildings, up a fire escape and around and around with a trail of panting detectives and fatty uniformed guys behind him, unfortunately for him two patrol officers heard about it on the radio and each pulled up at the end of each end of the block he was on. The little one ran 10ks and coached track and took after him like a greyhound, so he ran the other way, unfortunately the other officer was the town "karate cop", oops

View Quote

I haven't had to run after anyone in at least a decade. Seriously. Where are they going to go out in the country?
We have about one or two foot chases in the whole agency per year.
I am sure its different in a more urban area. Every little twit wants to think they're a track star and runs from police they're interacting with.

There was this moron who ran at the local hippy music fest over the weekend, but of all the dumb places to try to flee from, he made his dash at a festival with dozens of officers patrolling the area:
http://www.ithacajournal.com/story/news/crime/2014/07/21/grassroots-festival-arrests/12970745/
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Got stuck proctoring the FDLE test many years ago in Miami. One of the city guys was bigger than the cows pictured.....dude asked me to turn off his flashlight.....the one on his belt.....where he could not reach it.....ewww!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Guess the blue line isn't thin anymore.
View Quote

Sometimes there's just-us.

And sometimes there's just diabeet-us.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:18:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Finally a cop I could beat in a foot chase.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:18:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Why?

The ADA and DIVERSITY. A desire that the police are comprised of the community members. The American diet.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like she's using her workout app.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#47]
OP, there is a small community here in Southern Ohio called Hanging Rock east of my town that is notorious for writing speeding tickets on the small section of U.S. State Route 52 that, unfortunately, goes through their incorporated area.  

I have not seen the dickhead lately, and I never got ticketed there because I always slow down to 10 mph UNDER the 55 mph speed limit, but they have/or had an officer whose belly was so large and distended that it actually covered his entire gun belt in front.  I used to see him writing up people who passed through the Hanging Rock area who didn't know to be careful.  He is hard to miss with that belly.  

As a retired military officer who had to maintain high standards of physical fitness, it makes me disgusted to see that particular leo in a uniform.   Now some of our state patrol officers in Ohio may be dickheads but they all maintain decent physical fitness standards.   But that officer in Hanging Rock is the most obese fucker I ever saw in any type of uniform.  

So I can understand you posting this topic.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:28:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Clearly you are not familiar with policing. It's mediocrity as far as the eye can see, with occasional islands of competence and professionalism valiantly resisting the undertow trying to drag them into the morass of inept oblivion that surrounds them.
View Quote
Beautifully put!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:31:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
What!? Come on, cops have to run after people all the time! What are you going to do (I don't mean YOU obviously) when someone pulls over and starts running across a field?    

I had a client who went down to the police station. They tried to get a statement out of him, he refused and said "Hey i'm not under arrest so later" He started walking out and a detective said that he was under arrest so he ran out the front door (he was past the door that locks). He was a generic kind mostly out of shape guy in his twenties, but he started to run for it and cops streamed out of the station after him. He ran up and down the street, behind buildings, up a fire escape and around and around with a trail of panting detectives and fatty uniformed guys behind him, unfortunately for him two patrol officers heard about it on the radio and each pulled up at the end of each end of the block he was on. The little one ran 10ks and coached track and took after him like a greyhound, so he ran the other way, unfortunately the other officer was the town "karate cop", oops

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Poor things didn't like to prove they could run.

An emerging trend in LE is to limit or prohibit foot chases as being to dangerous. Thanks gorden graham.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Must be enough of them otherwise they wouldn't even make uniforms that size.
View Quote

The county jail we had to lock up our prisoners at had a woman that was so fat her uniform pants were two pairs that had been sewn together.  In the departments defense, they had fired her for being too fat but the union and courts got her job back for her. She was a sergeant too.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top