Link Posted: 8/19/2014 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#1]
My deepest sympathies
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Praying for the you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I read this again . This is still hard to read , prayers again OP .
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:23:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Read it all, God bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
So sorry to hear about your loss.  God bless you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 11:44:02 PM EDT
[#6]
God Bless my friend. I don't really know what to say in a moment like this.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Praying for all of you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:30:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Very sorry for your loss.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  May God grant you all peace and understanding.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:32:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Very sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:47:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for your family's loss.  God Bless!

-AJ
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:15:21 AM EDT
[#11]
My wife and I both work in a hospital.  She is a BSN and I am just security.  I spend a lot of my time in the NICU defending infant children from their drug addicted parents.  My heart had been hardened for so long, I buried my sadness for all the lost children that I have seen.

We have read every post in this thread and as a mother and father of 5, we cant imagine your pain.  My wifes tears and mine run down our faces for you.

Your son was a beacon of strength, be strong for him and know that he is in the hands of god.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and [I pray God] your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:10:42 AM EDT
[#12]
God bless you Bro. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#13]
RIP Little One.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:21:38 AM EDT
[#14]
I am very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#15]

our hearts are heavy
peace be with you
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#16]
You have my sympathy
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:15:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Prayers are with you and your family, OP. Rest in Peace, little man...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I've only been able to make it through a handful of posts since Cooper passed.  I can't handle reading the rest at the moment, but I promise I will.  I owe it to Cooper and the many people that have expressed their sympathies, support and encouragement.  I come here thinking I can't possible be more overwhelmed by ARFCOM, and I'm wrong every time.  

It's been a whirlwind of preparation for Cooper's Funeral on Saturday.  I will keep this brief, but wanted to quickly update those following.  

My wife and I have taken on probably too many tasks, but Cooper's whole life has consisted of us doing the same.  The many fundraisers for research and parties.  It gives us a distraction, but keeps the focus on Cooper.  We spend many periods throughout the day in grief, but pull ourselves together and get back to work.  I have not yet been able to go into his room.  Our daughters are a good means to keeping our head about us.  Yesterday we did an outing just for them.

I've created a slideshow for the funeral service, which I hope to share with you soon.  I also wrote a letter to Cooper on the afternoon of his passing, which I hope to muster the courage to read at the celebration of his life.  The next two days will be largely spent on Cooper's casket.  I couldn't bring myself to put him in one of the three child casket options (all not fitting for my boy).  I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but I can get around a woodshop decently, and have close friend with a degree in furniture assisting.  It'll be 100% African Mahogany.  I've never been more nervous about ANY project, at home or work.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Words cannot express.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#20]
So sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#21]
May the brief time he was with you be a strength to you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#22]
absolute deepest sympathy.  I can't imagine...just don't have the words...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#23]
deziner75, words cannot express the sadness in my heart for you.  I will pray for you and your family, that God would support you now.  I hope you can find comfort that Cooper is back with the creator, and is free from the burdens of this world.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#24]
RIP Cooper

Prayers OP & family.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#25]
So very sorry for your loss brother. Prayers for your family.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Prayers for you and your family..... So sorry for your loss.

Gods Speed Cooper.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#27]
my sincerest condolences for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm sorry for your loss. Having done so myself, no one should have to bury a child.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:32:49 PM EDT
[#29]
So sorry man  
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#30]
So sorry for your loss OP
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:31:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Sorry for your loss
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#32]
I am sorry for your loss... I cannot even imagine.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 4:39:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've only been able to make it through a handful of posts since Cooper passed.  I can't handle reading the rest at the moment, but I promise I will.  I owe it to Cooper and the many people that have expressed their sympathies, support and encouragement.  I come here thinking I can't possible be more overwhelmed by ARFCOM, and I'm wrong every time.  

It's been a whirlwind of preparation for Cooper's Funeral on Saturday.  I will keep this brief, but wanted to quickly update those following.  

My wife and I have taken on probably too many tasks, but Cooper's whole life has consisted of us doing the same.  The many fundraisers for research and parties.  It gives us a distraction, but keeps the focus on Cooper.  We spend many periods throughout the day in grief, but pull ourselves together and get back to work.  I have not yet been able to go into his room.  Our daughters are a good means to keeping our head about us.  Yesterday we did an outing just for them.

I've created a slideshow for the funeral service, which I hope to share with you soon.  I also wrote a letter to Cooper on the afternoon of his passing, which I hope to muster the courage to read at the celebration of his life.  The next two days will be largely spent on Cooper's casket.  I couldn't bring myself to put him in one of the three child casket options (all not fitting for my boy).  I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but I can get around a woodshop decently, and have close friend with a degree in furniture assisting.  It'll be 100% African Mahogany.  I've never been more nervous about ANY project, at home or work.

View Quote

Gonna pray for you to have peace, clarity, and wisdom while working on Cooper's casket. I know your love will be poured into it.  Wish I was closer and could somehow help so for now I will lift you up in my prayers. Thanks again and know that there are many by your side...
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Many prayers sent to you and your family.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:21:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

More prayers for your strength my friend. I think what your doing is probably the most honorable and thoughtful thing you could do for Coop. I'm sure he's looking down and smiling from ear to ear. Don't worry, you will do great.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 5:22:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

More prayers for your strength my friend. I think what your doing is probably the most honorable and thoughtful thing you could do for Coop. I'm sure he's looking down and smiling from ear to ear. Don't worry, you will do great.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Again.   You have been an incredible parent here.   Cooper was an amazing soul and he fought bravely.  He is at peace now.  Remember that.  God bless you and your family.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Dear Lord these threads are rough.

Prayers for you and your family. May Cooper be your guardian angel.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So sorry to hear about your loss.  God bless you and your family.
View Quote

Looks like he was given the best father he could have had for himself in this world.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:07:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Praying for u and yours, RIP lil buddy.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm sorry for your loss and it's a loss to the world, because from the sounds of it he would have been a GOOD MAN and that's more and more a rare thing to find.

God bless you and your family.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 7:29:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Cooper has a strong soul. God bless him. He loves you all so much. You did everything humanly possible to care for him. I'm sure your love for him will manifest in your construction of his casket.

I said a prayer for Cooper and your family before posting and will continue to do so.

My deepest condolences.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#43]
deziner75, you are an inspiring human being.Along with all the others here, I also am praying for you and your family.

I've built a couple of guitars out of African Mahog and I think it's a fine choice for a special casket. Tough to work, but very rewarding...it takes a beautiful polish.

I will think of you and your labor of love whenever I cut into that wood again.

Blessings to you.

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#44]
I am very sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#45]
You are in my prayers. My deepest sympathies for your loss.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote
Dude,

My most sincere condolences on the death of your son.  I'm sorry man.

Cooper CERTAINLY LIVED even if it was for an arbitrarily abbreviated time frame.  Bet he lived more in his short time than many live in a full life.

Your plans sound fantastic, my God bless and guide your attempts to create a casket.

I'm so sorry.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 8:58:24 PM EDT
[#47]
My deepest condolences.

Craig
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:05:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm so sorry for your loss.  

Rest in peace little man.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:09:36 PM EDT
[#49]
My heart is broken for you OP.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#50]
You and your family have my utmost condolences.  
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top