Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 2:19:38 PM EDT
Whoops.

Atlanta rapper Waka Flocka seemingly endorsed Republican U.S. Senate hopeful David Perdue on Tuesday, instructing his confused fans on Twitter to support the former Reebok executive in the July 22 run off contest against fellow Republican Jack Kingston.

The rapper, who lives in Riverdale, tweeted his support in hashtags for the GOP hopeful but offered little in the way of explanation. He wrote: "#VoteForDavidPerdue #USSenate” and included a graphic of a Perdue campaign button.

UPDATE: A tweet in which Atlanta rapper Waka Flocka Flame appeared to booster a Republican businessman for U.S. Senate in Georgia was deleted Tuesday after the artist’s fans bristled at the endorsement.

The offending tweet–simply "VoteForDavidPerdue #USSenate”–was scrubbed from the social network only hours after it first appeared.

Damn. He almost escaped the plantation.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Eazy E endorsed Bush Sr.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Eazy E endorsed Bush Sr.
View Quote

And now he's dead.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought it might have been this guy before I opened the thread:

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/PX5FSkR-0ac/0.jpg
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC Nicki Manaj said something about voting for Romney to fix the economy in one of her raps, but felt a huge amount of backlash from it (since, you know, if you don't vote for Obama you are a traitor to your race or something) and later backpedaled and said it was in jest.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#5]
People don't realize how many hard gangstas are actually conservative.

I mean think man....less taxes, more guns, government out their business.

The sad part is that all the mall kids get brainwashed in school to be liberal.  Meanwhile these guys dropped out and got some life on 'em.

People don't believe this.  But it's true.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

IIRC Nicki Manaj said something about voting for Romney
View Quote

I forgot about that.

She backpedaled as fast as her gigantic ass would allow
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Boy... they're going to be disappointed
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The sad part is that all the mall kids get brainwashed in school to be liberal.  Meanwhile these guys dropped out and got some life on 'em.

View Quote

You may be true to an extent, but a lot of people in the inner cities are programmed to vote a certain way, as they are taught Republicans are for the rich white people.  This is amplified when the person running as a democrat actually is black, and the person running as a republican is white.  

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few rappers that are closet conservatives once they realized that "tax the rich" really meant "punish success."
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
IIRC Nicki Manaj said something about voting for Romney to fix the economy in one of her raps, but felt a huge amount of backlash from it (since, you know, if you don't vote for Obama you are a traitor to your race or something) and later backpedaled and said it was in jest.
View Quote

Nicki Minaj is to the Right of Reagan. Trust me on this.  It's just.  How can I put this sensitively.   Black folks eat their own over the dumbest stuff.  Like "girl I KNOW she ain't getting with that white boy" or "girl you better vote Obama. He black."  See....that's the first thing people see.  You're black first and anything else dead last.  Black people won't let other blacks 'forget' they are black. It's seriously wrong.  It's actually really racist.  And it's usually fomented by bleeding heart liberals who wouldn't actually have anything to do with actual black people.   They are the ones who always say "well I have a black friend".
Like it's a trophy.  It's disgusting really.

I should be able to be with anyone regardless of race.  I mean really.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea, no shit.

Where is that candidate?

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You may be true to an extent, but a lot of people in the inner cities are programmed to vote a certain way, as they are taught Republicans are for the rich white people.  This is amplified when the person running as a democrat actually is black, and the person running as a republican is white.  

Now, I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few rappers that are closet conservatives once they realized that "tax the rich" really meant "punish success."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are brainwashed that way by bleeding hearts pretending to do them favors while holding them back.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Racist. He will never be able to own an NBA team now..
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nicki Minaj is to the Right of Reagan. Trust me on this.  It's just.  How can I put this sensitively.   Black folks eat their own over the dumbest stuff.  Like "girl I KNOW she ain't getting with that white boy" or "girl you better vote Obama. He black."  See....that's the first thing people see.  You're black first and anything else dead last.  Black people won't let other blacks 'forget' they are black. It's seriously wrong.  It's actually really racist.  And it's usually fomented by bleeding heart liberals who wouldn't actually have anything to do with actual black people.   They are the ones who always say "well I have a black friend".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I seriously doubt anyone here is going to argue against you on that
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:51:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can think of someone that might.  One of our more enlightened members might be through shortly.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They are brainwashed that way by bleeding hearts pretending to do them favors while holding them back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And they will fight tooth & nail to remain modern day slaves of the system.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#16]
I'll take this as a positive sign that cracks are starting to appear in the monolith.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:57:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Am I in before the Uncle Tom commentary?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:57:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Didn't something similar happen when the lead singer of the second iteration of The Misfits came out as a staunch conservative/libertarian?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She's Afro-Carribean rather than African American though. My living is racing sailboats and my contact with Bahamians,Trinidadians,Arubans et al I've met is not just being considerably more conservative in many ways than American blacks but tend to socialize and identify closer to American whites and Europeans than American black culture.It may very well simply just be the sample size and perhaps personalities drawn towards that scene and trades but I would include chefs,sailors,boat repairmen/sailmakers so I'm generalizing across a reasonable spectrum.

It pretty much goes without saying that offshore sailing is not in the top 87 African American past times I suppose
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:03:23 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Didn't something similar happen when the lead singer of the second iteration of The Misfits came out as a staunch conservative/libertarian?
View Quote

Michale Graves pissed a few people off, but he wasn't exactly a superstar in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:15:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll take this as a positive sign that cracks are starting to appear in the monolith.

View Quote

Wife's friend has her pension in limbo because of the Detroit bankruptcy mess. She is slowly coming to terms that elections have consequences.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Eazy E endorsed Bush Sr.
View Quote

Nuts on your chin!  

I like Easy E even more. RIP!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:21:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Michale Graves pissed a few people off, but he wasn't exactly a superstar in the first place.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glenn Danzig leans conservative as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And he said "assault weapons are for cowards" or something to that effect.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:27:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

But to his defense, he then sacked up and joined the Marines. I remember LOLing when he challenged FagMike from NOFX to a political debate on The Howard Stern Show back in the day. Fag-Mike of course declined.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:33:55 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

Danzig leans Danzig.

Unless he gets punched in the head by little fat guys named Danny, then he just sort of slumps over.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:37:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't he a midget?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The sad part is that all the mall kids get brainwashed in school to be liberal. Meanwhile these guys dropped out and got some life on 'em.

View Quote

I believe it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I can think of someone that might.  One of our more enlightened members might be through shortly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just to the right of Reagan when it is about her money I'd guess.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Perdue won!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:12:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

UPDATE: A tweet in which Atlanta rapper Waka Flocka Flame appeared to booster a Republican businessman for U.S. Senate in Georgia was deleted Tuesday after the artist’s fans bristled at the endorsement.
View Quote

That'll cure him of thinking for himself

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Danzig leans Danzig.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Danzig leans Danzig.

Unless he gets punched in the head by little fat guys named Danny, then he just sort of slumps over.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:35:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I would flat tax that ass.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I forgot about that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IIRC Nicki Manaj said something about voting for Romney

I forgot about that.

I was happy to hear about her endorsement, but obviously not thrilled when she backpedalled. It's obviously clear that it's not "cool" to vote R if you're in the entertainment business.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:37:38 PM EDT
[#35]
There are a slew of openly conservative rappers. It's not hard to find them at all.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:45:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't know that much about rap.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:57:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There are a slew of openly conservative rappers. It's not hard to find them at all.
View Quote

Who?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:01:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who?
The Notorious W.F.B.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

The Notorious W.F.B.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:51:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who?

Ice T is very pro 2A.

Pretty sure he's still a Dem though

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Eazy E endorsed Bush Sr.
View Quote

Try to find the famous picture of Eazy-E shaking hands with Bush Sr online. It has been eliminated. He was weaing his Compton hat and wearing Locs. I have to find the old Time magazine article - I think it was Dec 97 or 98.

ETA: it was at one of the $10K a plate GOP fundraisers.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:57:53 PM EDT
[#42]
This wasn't the guy that cut off his own penis, was it?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:12:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:34:07 AM EDT
[#44]
Notorious P.A.B.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:59:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Can you name some?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you name some?

I meant actual gangsters.....  but if you mean rappers there is 50 Cent.
See it's bad enough for white Hollywood.  Imagine black NY or LA.  See...social issues don't register because everyone has their own problems. But once you get money,  you want to protect it.  If you like guns you want to protect it. Once you have enough money,  you really can't be a 'victim' anymore.

See the hard left controls the media and makes conservatives out to be square and lame.  Backwards in thought and perennially harsh.  And if you make a career through media the powers that be will eat you alive if you go against the grain unless you are rich enough.  But you most likely aren't rich enough because you have to employ people,  pay to put on shows, and are always at the threat of underpromotion or just falling out of flavor.

it's pretty cruel because some of these rappers really did come up hard.  
It's a little more complicated than it seems.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:16:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Try to find the famous picture of Eazy-E shaking hands with Bush Sr online. It has been eliminated. He was weaing his Compton hat and wearing Locs. I have to find the old Time magazine article - I think it was Dec 97 or 98.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Eazy E endorsed Bush Sr.

You must mean 87/88 because eazy was way rotted by 97/98...

ETA:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top