Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 2:12:41 PM EDT
I tried a google search and got nothing.

Are there any court cases going through the motions trying to overturn this part of the law?

It's getting to be a real pain in the ass in my line of work.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#1]
IRS notice.
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/n-12-58.pdf

ETA: house passed change
Bill bumping ACA to 40-hour work week passes House

Originally posted April 4, 2014 by Melissa A. Winn on http://eba.benefitnews.com

The U.S. House of Representatives on Thursday passed legislation that would modify the Affordable Care Act’s definition of a full-time employee from one who works 30-hours a week to one who works 40-hours a week.

The 248 to 179 vote was largely along party lines, with 18 Democrats joining a unanimous block of 230 Republicans to support the bill, H.R. 2575, also known as the Save American Workers Act of 2013.

The Big “I” applauded the bill’s passage, calling it a “common-sense fix.”

“Independent agencies serve many clients who have struggled with the prospect of complying with the employer mandate, and in particular the 30 hour per week definition of a full-time employee,” says Robert Rusbuldt, president and CEO of the Big “I.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
So practically no chance of it being overturned.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:34:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Never trust a bill that says, "Regulations- The Secretary shall promulgate regulations to carry out this section."
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never trust a bill that says, "Regulations- The Secretary shall promulgate regulations to carry out this section."
View Quote

I swear to God, that phrase is gonna be the cause of FO time
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top