Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:12:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A temporary flight restriction isn't a big deal at all. There is a lot that happens there even the Americans don't know about.

I'll never forget having a beer on the beach in Tel Aviv and watching a US airliner pop flares.
View Quote

US Airliner? Sure it wasn't Israeli?

If any commercial airliners in the US are equipped with IR countermeasures, it's news to me. The Israelis do it, though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

If any commercial airliners in the US are equipped with IR countermeasures, it's news to me. The Israelis do it, though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A temporary flight restriction isn't a big deal at all. There is a lot that happens there even the Americans don't know about.

I'll never forget having a beer on the beach in Tel Aviv and watching a US airliner pop flares.

No doubt in my mind it was a US carrier. The livery was plane as day from my balcony.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No doubt in my mind it was a US carrier. The livery was plane as day from my balcony.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh the irony
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

oh the irony
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

oh the irony

Man...that was supposed to take longer!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
View All Quotes

Maybe she isn't, but..........

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:45:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
if they would totally level the Gaza strip this would not be an issue.  Just saying.
View Quote

Hitler much ?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:46:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I know how the concept of private property is supposed to fucking work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isreal only has one airport?

Man talk about people freak out over nothing.  Typical process when a fucken airport/runway has been damaged...

It's still none of the US government's fucking business.  Not their planes, not their airport, not their country.

You really have no idea how any of this works do you?

I know how the concept of private property is supposed to fucking work.

you sure ?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Hitler much ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
if they would totally level the Gaza strip this would not be an issue.  Just saying.

Hitler much ?

Technically Truman did more leveling of cities than Hitler.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Hitler much ?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hitler much ?

When did Hitler totally level a city?

Making a comparison to Hitler means you have no argument and have resorted to shrieking like a little girl.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#11]
After Ukraine I can't say I'm surprised.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were you on the beach or on your balcony?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I could understand why they would want to avoid the area but why deny incoming flights out of israel
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:02:36 PM EDT
[#14]
No worries. Malaysian Airline flights will still be flying there.

Too soon?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Park Plaza Orchid, Tel Aviv

The answer is both.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The sensible thing to do would be to encourage Israel to resolve this Palestinian rocket issue once and for all, not to ban flights to Israel.
View Quote

They are.  Killing all Hamas will resolve the issue.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:35:59 PM EDT
[#17]
after banning my flying my RC helo from video googles the FAA can go eat a bag of dicks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Making a comparison to Hitler means you have no argument and have resorted to shrieking like a little girl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hitler much ?

1942, Lidice.  Although it was more of a village.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

after banning my flying my RC helo from video googles the FAA can go eat a bag of dicks.
View Quote

Did they ban those already?

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:47:36 PM EDT
[#20]

Can't say I'm complaining too much as I don't feel like getting shot down or hit by a rocket while at the hotel.

TLV is a great overnight though...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That would likely fire up the American public against the side of this conflict that Obama sympathizes with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weak, ineffective political theater, anyone can transfer through Heathrow to get there.

I think the real goal is to not have a 757, with an American flag on the tail, smoking in a crater just outside of Tel Aviv.

That would likely fire up the American public against the side of this conflict that Obama sympathizes with.

Yeah. You hit the nail right on the head. The reason why the FAA doesn't want American planes landing in a hostile environment is solely to prevent bad PR for Obama's muslim brothers in arms.

Some of you guys are just fucking nuts.

In the Malaysian 777 thread, half the posters were outraged planes were allowed to fly in hostile airspace at all.

Now that we're playing it safe and doing the smart thing, it's clearly politically motivated.

Gotchya.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Massive government overreach FTMFW!!!

View Quote

Not really.

The Pallies fired a rocket at Ben Gurion Airport. Delta and United cancelled flights to there hours ago. Aviation safety means don't fly passenger jets into areas that are under attack. It's been that way for decades. It's especially poignant given the Malaysian flight over Ukraine.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:03:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Not really.

The Pallies fired a rocket at Ben Gurion Airport. Delta and United cancelled flights to there hours ago. Aviation safety means don't fly passenger jets into areas that are under attack. It's been that way for decades. It's especially poignant given the Malaysian flight over Ukraine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really.

Omgz the .gov hates the Jews and Israel and stuff!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really.

At any given moment, there are areas forbidden to U.S. flights.

Here's a recent look: http://www.newrepublic.com/article/118764/map-faa-tells-airlines-avoid-flying-over-these-countries

Scroll a little more than halfway down to get to the shit list in the INTL section.

FAA Notice To Airmen (NOTAM)
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

At any given moment, there are areas forbidden to U.S. flights.

Here's a recent look: http://www.newrepublic.com/article/118764/map-faa-tells-airlines-avoid-flying-over-these-countries

Scroll a little more than halfway down to get to the shit list in the INTL section.

View Quote

But this is different. Because Israel is the best country on Earth. And the coolest.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#26]
GD overreacting...must say this is the first time I've ever witnessed such behavior.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe they are about to open up a snackbar
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#28]

huh?
so stopping flight because of storms is wrong (like an embargo) too, or only when its rockets and war kind of stuff?

eta- Even before the FAA’s notice was sent out, several U.S. airlines began canceling flights on Tuesday morning and afternoon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:39:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The sensible thing to do would be to encourage Israel to resolve this Palestinian rocket issue once and for all, not to ban flights to Israel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, I'm sure it has nothing to do with a Palestinian rocket landing near the airport.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07/22/delta-cancels-all-israel-flights-over-missile-fear/

The FAA can't dictate foreign policy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:42:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Yeah. You hit the nail right on the head. The reason why the FAA doesn't want American planes landing in a hostile environment is solely to prevent bad PR for Obama's muslim brothers in arms.

In the Malaysian 777 thread, half the posters were outraged planes were allowed to fly in hostile airspace at all.

Now that we're playing it safe and doing the smart thing, it's clearly politically motivated.

Gotchya.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weak, ineffective political theater, anyone can transfer through Heathrow to get there.

I think the real goal is to not have a 757, with an American flag on the tail, smoking in a crater just outside of Tel Aviv.

Gotchya.

You're ruining GD's cognitive dissonance.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:58:25 PM EDT
[#31]
holy fucking dumb.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top