Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/22/2014 8:58:18 AM EDT
Embargo by any other name would still be a pain in the ass.

From CNN

The FAA has told U.S. airlines that they are prohibited from flying to or from Israel's Ben Gurion Airport for up to 24 hours.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:00:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Massive government overreach FTMFW!!!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:02:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Hussein Obama.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#3]
While this bothered me as soon as I saw it, I'll play the devil's advocate and say this is only a safety issue. And they did say 24 hours.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:06:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I'm sure it has nothing to do with a Palestinian rocket landing near the airport.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07/22/delta-cancels-all-israel-flights-over-missile-fear/
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Isreal only has one airport?

Man talk about people freak out over nothing.  Typical process when a fucken airport/runway has been damaged...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:07:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, I'm sure it has nothing to do with a Palestinian rocket landing near the airport.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2014/07/22/delta-cancels-all-israel-flights-over-missile-fear/
View Quote

The sensible thing to do would be to encourage Israel to resolve this Palestinian rocket issue once and for all, not to ban flights to Israel.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:07:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Something real big is about to happen?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Man talk about people freak out over nothing.  Typical process when a fucken airport/runway has been damaged...
View Quote

It's still none of the US government's fucking business.  Not their planes, not their airport, not their country.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:09:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The sensible thing to do would be to encourage Israel to resolve this Palestinian rocket issue once and for all, not to ban flights to Israel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, Delta and United already had decided to stop flying to Israel until the situation has been resolved, anyway.

I agree they need to resolve the issue permanently, but what with lots of MANPADS out in the wild and an uncontrolled situation, I think it is a prudent step.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll bet its a fundraiser.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:09:46 AM EDT
[#11]
It is for your safety.  Do not worry.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:13:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Weak, ineffective political theater, anyone can transfer through Heathrow to get there.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:15:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Meh...El Al is the only way to go there if you have any damn sense .

take anything you want out
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Now I'll never get to see Jerusalem!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Just passenger airlines? Or cargo carriers as well?

On a somewhat related note, I was wondering yesterday about Israel's endogenous munition production. Can the Israelis manufacture all their own munitions? Enough to meet demand in a long war? I'm just wondering how they'd hold up if they couldn't rely on supplies from US firms.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Weak, ineffective political theater, anyone can transfer through Heathrow to get there.
View Quote

I think the real goal is to not have a 757, with an American flag on the tail, smoking in a crater just outside of Tel Aviv.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Delta and United were diverting and cancelling flights before the FAA notice was release.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:21:25 AM EDT
[#18]
So it looks like Obama finally chose a side
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:21:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Delta and United were diverting and cancelling flights before the FAA notice was release.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Korean Air has suspended flights as well.

http://www.israelhayom.com/site/newsletter_article.php?id=18911

ETA: It looks like US Air suspended flights before the FAA notice too.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2014/07/three-u-s-carriers-cancel-flights-to-tel-aviv.html/
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:21:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep nail on the head off to a three day fundraiser to the west coast.  How fucking awesome is that!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:22:05 AM EDT
[#21]
This is secretly a blessing.  I flew El Al and was searched/questioned four times before they let me board.  I was about ready to say fuck it
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:22:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I think the real goal is to not have a 757, with an American flag on the tail, smoking in a crater just outside of Tel Aviv.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would likely fire up the American public against the side of this conflict that Obama sympathizes with.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#24]
if they would totally level the Gaza strip this would not be an issue.  Just saying.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Reminds me of World War Z. Everyone is getting the fuck out of dodge.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:23:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are we still flying to Ukraine?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

That would likely fire up the American public against the side of this conflict that Obama sympathizes with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you're saying you'd like to see a US Air/United/Delta plane get shot down for political reasons? How many American citizens would you like to see burn, sir?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So, you're saying you'd like to see a US Air/United/Delta plane get shot down for political reasons? How many American citizens would you like to see burn, sir?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure if trolling or acting like a retard.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably not the part that has Russian SAMs in it. Ukraine is much larger than Israel.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#30]
They showed a Delta flight had crossed the atlantic coming from New York and was almost ready to land in Israel then got diverted all the way back up to Paris. Man those passengers must have been pissed.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The FAA has told U.S. airlines that they are prohibited from flying to or from Israel's Ben Gurion Airport for up to 24 hours.
View Quote

24 hours, in a row?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say about tree-fiddy...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They showed a Delta flight had crossed the atlantic coming from New York and was almost ready to land in Israel then got diverted all the way back up to Paris. Man those passengers must have been pissed.  
View Quote

idk, I'd take Paris over Israel any day, especially now.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#34]
Does this mean Ann Margaret's not coming?

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:30:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before the shoot down of the commercial plane, there was flight ban in place over Southern Ukraine. After the shoot down of the commercial plane, the ban expanded to include Eastern Ukraine.

Then again, are the rebels attacking Kiev?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:36:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It's still none of the US government's fucking business.  Not their planes, not their airport, not their country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really have no idea how any of this works do you?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:38:08 AM EDT
[#37]
It's not like it's WAR or anything like that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:38:47 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remember the sinking of the Lusitania

One of the many things we never learn from history, is that we never learn from history.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:44:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Before the shoot down of the commercial plane, there was flight ban in place over Southern Ukraine. After the shoot down of the commercial plane, the ban expanded to include Eastern Ukraine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks (that was a serious question).
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, rocket rounds on the tarmac might cause one to rethink things.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know how the concept of private property is supposed to fucking work.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seen the Malaysian thread?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Air France, Lufthansa (including Swiss Air and Austrian Air) have also cancelled flights to Israel.

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/165240/us-europe-cancel-all-flights-to-israel-amid-missile-worries
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:53:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Because the sky will be filled with B-1s, B-2s, and B-52s carpet bombing Gaza?

No, I doubt that too
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Air France, Lufthansa (including Swiss Air and Austrian Air) have also cancelled flights to Israel.

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/article/165240/us-europe-cancel-all-flights-to-israel-amid-missile-worries
View Quote

I have zero problem with the air carriers cancelling flights.  None.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#47]
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:59:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Because the sky will be filled with B-1s, B-2s, and B-52s carpet bombing Gaza?

No, I doubt that too
View Quote

You sure about that given our current administration?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WE HEARD YOU

However, at this current time the FAA rules the skies and controls routes.

The FAA is kind of powerful and stuff

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#50]
A temporary flight restriction isn't a big deal at all. There is a lot that happens there even the Americans don't know about.

I'll never forget having a beer on the beach in Tel Aviv and watching a US airliner pop flares.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top