BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please stop.  If you don't want an abortion don't get one.  Someone asked me if I wanted and alcoholic drink the other day and I said, "no, i don't drink."
View Quote

The mother might want the abortion, but does the child?  A better analogy would be someone asking you "Hey, do you want to put a bullet in this guy's brain real quick before we go get some beers?" and you saying no.  There is a huge difference between consuming something and killing your children (and many people seem to forget that it is not just the mother's child; what about the father?).
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I used to be anti-abortion. Then I realized that it's not my choice and not my problem. I really don't care anymore...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:54:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

So are you volunteering to raise the kids that can no longer be aborted or have your taxes increased to cover the cost?  The feel good answer is always nice but when the time comes no one will step up.  We can't even place the existing children in the system but hell let's add more.  My family had 9 children with 6 of them being adopted and it put a great strain on my parents but they are happy they did it and I'm greatful for my siblings.  However this is no where near the norm.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please stop.  If you don't want an abortion don't get one.  Someone asked me if I wanted and alcoholic drink the other day and I said, "no, i don't drink."
If you don't want theft, don't thieve.  If you don't want' murder, don't kill someone.

The issue for many of us comes back to the person the mother has decided to remove and kill.  Brainwaves start at 6 weeks.  IMO it should be treated as killing a human from the time brain activity begins.  Some abortions should be legal, just as some homicide is justifiable.

So are you volunteering to raise the kids that can no longer be aborted or have your taxes increased to cover the cost?  The feel good answer is always nice but when the time comes no one will step up.  We can't even place the existing children in the system but hell let's add more.  My family had 9 children with 6 of them being adopted and it put a great strain on my parents but they are happy they did it and I'm greatful for my siblings.  However this is no where near the norm.

So you're saying the decision on whether or not to kill innocent people should rest on purely materialistic grounds?  I bet we can find other people who have the potential to be a burden (hey, we all get old if we live long enough, right?) and kill them so we can save ourselves money and other things.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
For it, but only if I am allowed to make the decision...
Not a choice for women.

Or, barring that, abortion legal up to the age of 18.
Meaning, if things aren't working out for junior, I can take him to the clinic for removal.

p
View Quote

What?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:58:06 AM EDT
[#5]
First trimester abortions are acceptable. After that, I'm not okay with.

"Post birth/partial birth" abortions are straight murder.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not quite the same thing I think.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think it is anybody else's business.  But that is just my opinion.

So it should be noones business if I were to kill a person?

What if granddad were now an invconvenience to my lifestyle? I should just be able to take him out back and shoot him and tell you to mind your own business?

That's the problem. It IS the same thing at SOME point.

If a person is pro abortion, they have to be able to articulate exactly WHEN it becomes not ok to kill the baby.

Is it ok to kill the baby the day before delivery?

An hour before?

During?

Immediately afterwards? (It has happened and Obama voted for a bill saying it was OK)

There has to be a point in time that before the point it's ok to kill the baby and after that point it's murder, if you believe abortion is ok and killing a birthed baby is not.

So, when is the point? (not directed specifically toward you)
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:05:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Murder.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Because of the "It's always murder" crowd I do not support government legislation.  I don't trust them not to fuck up situations where it is healthcare.

I also think it's a social issue.  I wish everyone would choose life, and that society would strongly encourage that decision.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Look at the results of  the poll.  It's precisely why abortion should not be a campaign issue, IMO.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:13:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I am against abortion in most cases but I'm not going to tell someone else what they should do.  They will be the one living with their decision.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#11]

No more laws, .gov will fuck it up very badly.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:26:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

If a person is pro abortion, they have to be able to articulate exactly WHEN it becomes not ok to kill the baby.

An hour before?

During?

Immediately afterwards? (It has happened and Obama voted for a bill saying it was OK)

There has to be a point in time that before the point it's ok to kill the baby and after that point it's murder, if you believe abortion is ok and killing a birthed baby is not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What if granddad were now an invconvenience to my lifestyle? I should just be able to take him out back and shoot him and tell you to mind your own business?

An hour before?

During?

Brain waves seem to be the popular indicator these days. Personally, I take exception to using a method traditionally used to define death.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll probably start getting worked up over it when the population of the human race starts to decline.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:28:14 AM EDT
[#14]
It's murder but I'm cool with it.  

See my moral compass.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:31:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't care, should be legal.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:31:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Personally I wish nobody ever got one.

That being said, within the first trimester, I don't think the government has the authority to make it illegal.
View Quote

Fair answer.  This is probably a good way to put where I stand as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Murder.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:37:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Abortion is murder. Murder should be illegal.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#19]
despite that i have never had anything to do with an abortion, childish, self-righteous cunts in GD tell me i'm a baby killer.

so you know where my vote went.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:43:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If it has a heartbeat and has committed no crime that is punishable by death, then he/she should not be denied the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
View Quote

SPNI

Second post Nails It!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:44:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Up to the person. Don't tell me what I can and can't do.
View Quote

So I should be able to legally kill whomever I want?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:47:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No, killing some is illegal. Abortion is not.

Someone is dead when there is no brain activity.

there is no brain activity until the 4-5 week of pregnancy...

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:48:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:50:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'm completely against abortion unless the pregnancy is from a rape.  It still doesn't seem right to me even then but I could understand why a woman would want to terminate a pregnancy in that situation.
View Quote

Does that make that child's life any less worth living?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Brain waves seem to be the popular indicator these days. Personally, I take exception to using a method traditionally used to define death.
View Quote

I'm of the opposite opinion. If we define death as the lack of brain waves, wouldn't it be appropriate to define life by the presence thereof?

I could see this eventually being the compromise dividing line. It's a hell of a lot more realistic than the passing through six inches of vagina.

Right now, you can pull the body of a viable baby out of a woman, leaving the head in the birth canal and suck its brains out. Think about that when you say you support abortion rights.

If you're ok with that, why not be ok with them delivering the baby and then killing it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:50:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Murder.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:52:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Careful in using legality to define what's right and wrong.

Slavery was legal.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:55:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Only outlaws commit murder, that's the way it should be.  I have no problem creating a black market for abortion just like their is a black market for contract killing today.

It doesn't require any doublethink to be completely against all gun laws and against (most) abortion.  I believe a fetus is human and has the same human rights you and I do once the brain starts to function.  I see aborting a 12 week fetus as no different from strangling a child 5 minutes or 5 years after it is born.  The rules for abortion should be similar to the rules for justifiable homicide.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If abortions are outlawed, only outlaws will perform abortions.

I dont like abortion and (my wife) would never have one, but I dont want to create a massive black market. The amount of doublethink one must go through to be against gun prohibition and support abortion bans must be exhausting.
Only outlaws commit murder, that's the way it should be.  I have no problem creating a black market for abortion just like their is a black market for contract killing today.

It doesn't require any doublethink to be completely against all gun laws and against (most) abortion.  I believe a fetus is human and has the same human rights you and I do once the brain starts to function.  I see aborting a 12 week fetus as no different from strangling a child 5 minutes or 5 years after it is born.  The rules for abortion should be similar to the rules for justifiable homicide.

A convincing argument against gun control is that criminals will have guns regardless. I agree.

At least you are honest about the fact that a black market will be created. Women have been aborting pregnancies since the dawn of civilization; I'd rather that be carried out in a safe way than in an apartment.

There is a huge difference between a 12 week fetus and a 5 year old child. What is your definition of "brain function"?

Again I am no abortion supporter. I'd rather it not exist, but I have to be pragmatic in my beliefs.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:57:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Their body, their choice.

All other answers are fucking retarded, wrong and ignorant.

Ironic right

Seriously though, I'm for anything that decreases population. Like smoking, that's another awesome one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:57:55 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I'm of the opposite opinion. If we define death as the lack of brain waves, wouldn't it be appropriate to define life by the presence thereof?

I could see this eventually being the compromise dividing line. It's a hell of a lot more realistic than the passing through six inches of vagina.

Right now, you can pull the body of a viable baby out of a woman, leaving the head in the birth canal and suck its brains out. Think about that when you say you support abortion rights.

If you're ok with that, why not be ok with them delivering the baby and then killing it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I really haven't indicated my position one way or the other.

We can't bring the brain dead back, yet. So we define this as death.

A fetus with no brain waves to me is a person with a temporarily flat EEG.

There, now I've indicated.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

An hour before?

During?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

An hour before?

During?

I didn't say I was pro abortion.  I said it isn't anyone else's business.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:04:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Fine with it. Most crime data shows a large positive correlation between numbers of abortions and drop in crime. Few less people in the world is never a bad thing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:05:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I really haven't indicated my position one way or the other.   We can't bring the brain dead back, yet. So we define this as death.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really haven't indicated my position one way or the other.   We can't bring the brain dead back, yet. So we define this as death.

Ah. Gotchya. I did, in fact, misunderstand your intent.

While I side with you, I also wish for a realistic, legal compromise on the subject.

Partly because I'm not willing to give the needle to a doctor who pitches a petri dish full of zygotes into the trash. Because if one believes life begins at conception, then that doc is a murderer and deserves death.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:07:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

While I side with you, I also wish for a realistic, legal compromise on the subject.

Partly because I'm not willing to give the needle to a doctor who pitches a petri dish full of zygotes into the trash. Because if one believes life begins at conception, then that doc is a murderer and deserves death.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it is against the law
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Abortion is legal right now and people will continue to do it even if it is illegal. Similar to murder, theft, rape and any other act that our gov deems illegal.

We all have our own opinions and we want people to respect them, but there are people who have a different view points.

There is no clear right or wrong answer, and that answer won't be found in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:15:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If it is against the law
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it is against the law

Aren't we discussing "should, would, could" and not the current state of debauchery we have?

The point is, we all would (I hope) agree that delivering a baby and stomping its brains out is murder.

At some point before that, some folks thinks it's ok to kill it. Currently the law agrees with that.

At one point the law agreed that it's ok to own and beat another person. So, we can establish that the law may be wrong sometimes.

So, I propose examining exactly when killing the baby becomes illegal because, 6 inches of pussy is not a good dividing line in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:17:06 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
Aren't we discussing "should, would, could" and not the current state of debauchery we have?

The point is, we all would (I hope) agree that delivering a baby and stomping its brains out is murder.

At some point before that, some folks thinks it's ok to kill it. Currently the law agrees with that.

At one point the law agreed that it's ok to own and beat another person. So, we can establish that the law may be wrong sometimes.

So, I propose examining exactly when killing the baby becomes illegal because, 6 inches of pussy is not a good dividing line in my opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it is against the law

Well said.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:25:10 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Agreed. It's not easy finding common ground and I try to be pragmatic about it.
In this thread I've seen brain activity claims from 4-12 weeks.

Now what? Government approved panel of experts? Color me skeptical.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If it is against the law

I agree with you on deciding when it should be illegal but comes down to the same thing, peoples opinion of where that line is.

For me, after 6-8 weeks would be illegal to abort for no reason other than the parents don't want it. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:37:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The mother might want the abortion, but does the child?  A better analogy would be someone asking you "Hey, do you want to put a bullet in this guy's brain real quick before we go get some beers?" and you saying no.  There is a huge difference between consuming something and killing your children (and many people seem to forget that it is not just the mother's child; what about the father?).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree that it should be a mutual decision but for those who are 100% against abortion I have a question for you and I do not mean to offend anyone but say someone breaks into your home tortures your family, sexually assault your wife and she becomes pregnant. What would your stance on abortion look like after this?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:41:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Abortion is legal right now and people will continue to do it even if it is illegal. Similar to murder, theft, rape and any other act that our gov deems illegal.
We all have our own opinions and we want people to respect them, but there are people who have a different view points.

There is no clear right or wrong answer, and that answer won't be found in this thread.
View Quote

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, but to me it's just as clearly wrong as any other murder. Criminalize it and punish those accordingly. Of course people are still going to do it just as they still commit the crimes you listed, but they are not allowed to go unpunished simply because crime is an inevitability.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:44:22 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm pro-post-term aborton.  Wait until they do something wrong, then abort 'em.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:45:16 PM EDT
[#45]

It's murder, plain and simple. Don't want kids? Use contraceptives, or keep your legs closed.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:47:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Fine with it as long as I'm not paying, or other taxpayers
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:04:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I agree that it should be a mutual decision but for those who are 100% against abortion I have a question for you and I do not mean to offend anyone but say someone breaks into your home tortures your family, sexually assault your wife and she becomes pregnant. What would your stance on abortion look like after this?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's really a non argument. Victims of rape should be medically treated asap, including the morning after pill which wipes out a potential zygote.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:08:14 PM EDT
[#48]
I'm not personally seeing the logic behind using brain waves for not killing a fetus?

I would think if the baby is viable (can survive on it's own) would be more accurate a definition as to whether you're considered a "person" who has rights?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:12:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Not my problem and I honestly don't care.  It should be legal except for late term.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:13:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

That's really a non argument. Victims of rape should be medically treated asap, including the morning after pill which wipes out a potential zygote.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes but no birth control or morning after pill is 100%
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top