Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:44:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Most PDs would be dead by morning. Every cop would kill each other for better shift hours, detetive slots, and off duty details.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Every time we talk about The Purge I say the same thing. It was written/directed by an anti-gun liberal who sees this type of lawlessness as what "NRA types" desire to see in our streets.  

DeMonaco said that when writing the film, "I layered in these New Founding Fathers, this regime that we voted into power at some point, some kind of NRA-thing that took over the country."
View Quote

According to many threads on ar15.com and other gun boards, his assessment would not be far off.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not in some states. Washington and Massachusetts are two I can think of.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i would store gasoline in pre-ban containers, and collect water in rain barrels, from the Sky!  

You can't collect rain water?

Not in some states. Washington and Massachusetts are two I can think of.

Well I don't know if it's legal in Michigan but I collect it for watering the garden.  Fuck you .gov!!!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:45:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I lost all my weapons due to a damn accident..However Sparkler bombs and bottle rockets would be flying
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'd be in defensive mode and wouldn't hesitate to put down anybody who aims to harm me and mine.
View Quote

Kinda like any other day.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Funny how the people are so easily brainwashed by the leftist propaganda.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every time we talk about The Purge I say the same thing. It was written/directed by an anti-gun liberal who sees this type of lawlessness as what "NRA types" desire to see in our streets.  

DeMonaco said that when writing the film, "I layered in these New Founding Fathers, this regime that we voted into power at some point, some kind of NRA-thing that took over the country."

Funny thing is, when the big reveal comes in the first film, the real "bad guys" are motivated by nothing more than greed and class envy; their hatred of the main character was fueled by their jealousy over his success-success he achieved through hard work.

Funny how the people are so easily brainwashed by the leftist propaganda.

I thought it was funny that the writer couldn't keep his propaganda straight.

He's trying to be so lefty, then his hero ends up being a hardworking upper-middle class white guy, whose neighbors hate him because he's successful.

His "bad guys" are a bunch of whiny, Occupy types, jealous of the rewards reaped by industriousness.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:47:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I thought this was an eating disorder thread
View Quote

Binge and then purge.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:47:48 AM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very well, I am now provisioning for a belt fed. Screw that belt fed AR stuff, I want nothing less than a 240.

Think bigger

http://media.dma.mil/2013/Jul/25/2000708526/600/400/0/130711-M-OY715-003.JPG

See, I was thinking Mark 19 or .50 cal with API rounds at first, but I live in an area susceptible to forest fires, in a suburban neighborhood, and I like my neighbors. Plus both those rounds are expensiveeee. So linked 7.62 NATO ball it is.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:47:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I couldn't purge and hurt innocent people but defending from the purge sounds like fun.
View Quote

It would be pretty awesome to get some genuine human skull lawn ornaments while having the guilt-assuaging knowledge that you were acting in self defense
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd take that damn tag off of my mattress and all of my pillows.

I'd open a lemonade stand, without a permit!  

I'd come over and buy a tax-free glass of your delicious lemonade, it'd be total anarchy!

i would store gasoline in pre-ban containers, and collect water in rain barrels, from the Sky!  

On the flip side, some areas in MD have a "Rain Tax"
From Forbes- "This tax is an annual fee on impervious surfaces such as roofs, driveways, sidewalks, garages, and any other surface that could create drainage problems and water contamination situated on property owned by an individual or a business."

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:57:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It would be pretty awesome to get some genuine human skull lawn ornaments while having the guilt-assuaging knowledge that you were acting in self defense
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I couldn't purge and hurt innocent people but defending from the purge sounds like fun.

A couple skulls mounted on pikes at the head of the driveway would get the point across.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:58:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

See, I was thinking Mark 19 or .50 cal with API rounds at first, but I live in an area susceptible to forest fires, in a suburban neighborhood, and I like my neighbors. Plus both those rounds are expensiveeee. So linked 7.62 NATO ball it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very well, I am now provisioning for a belt fed. Screw that belt fed AR stuff, I want nothing less than a 240.

Think bigger

http://media.dma.mil/2013/Jul/25/2000708526/600/400/0/130711-M-OY715-003.JPG

Good point. No point in defending whats yours if you wind up blowing your own shit up or catching it on fire.

240? Go MG3 for cool factor and rate of fire!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:58:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll go with this.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Nope.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:01:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My counties population would drop to about a third of what it is now if there was a purge. All the people tired of the fsa's shit would clean house...
View Quote

Well, that's the whole point of the Purge. It's not a night to let criminals run wild, it's a night to take out society's less desirable elements.

After the first few Purges, there probably wouldn't be many ghetto areas left.

I'm sure, in such a society, crime wouldn't be much of a problem, either. Any government that allows their population one night of murder and mayhem, probably isn't going to be soft on crime the other 364 days of the year.

I'm sure the Purge is also supposed to serve as a reminder to the population of how much they need their government's protection.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Question if there really was a purge and say somebody decided to rob a bank.  Would they be charged the next day with possession of stolen property???  When you tried to deposit it into you account.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:13:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

From Forbes- "This tax is an annual fee on impervious surfaces such as roofs, driveways, sidewalks, garages, and any other surface that could create drainage problems and water contamination situated on property owned by an individual or a business."

View Quote

For fuck sake!  Why in the hell are people not FOing?!?!?  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

would be a nice way to cross names off of that list that i keep in my pocket

Is that you, Steve Buscemi?

http://stewover.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Billy-Madison-Buschemi-300x295.png

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes. I would secure my family but after I ensured their security I would be hunting.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I would certainly not go hunting, but there are a few people that I would be hoping would walk down the street in front of my house.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:34:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can boil a frog with a little heat at a time.
It is amazing how docile we have become.

They are nickle and dimeing us into poverty and we happily reelect them every cycle.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

And yet here everyone is fantasizing how cool it would be to have a purge
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:37:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Defend the home, yes. go after other, no.
View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This but, counter-purge.

Go on patrol, looking for "Purge" groups and pick them off, one by one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This but, counter-purge.

What happens when you run into another counter-purge group?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:44:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This but, counter-purge.

Throw up the ARF-signal
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#26]
I would think that 'counter-Purging' would be popular.  It's an ideal time for normal Americans to identify and take out the sick fucks they mingle with each day.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

some laws should not be perpetrated, even during the purge.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This but, counter-purge.

Then you have the Cliff Robertson movie, "Shoot."
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:53:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Yes I would and there is a small list of people who should be thankful that this will never be a reality.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#30]
I'd have a group who would go kill the fuckwidgets who voted that idiotic law into place.

Other than that. No. Defend me and mine.

And make MGs.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Throw up the ARF-signal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This but, counter-purge.

Throw up the ARF-signal

What is the ARF signal?  a bag of Cheetos and a 2 liter of Mt Dew that you are drinking alone?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What is the ARF signal?  a bag of Cheetos and a 2 liter of Mt Dew that you are drinking alone?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This but, counter-purge.

Throw up the ARF-signal

You simply yell F U AROCK!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:22:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:23:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:25:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:25:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Truth.

But there are plenty of people who aren't innocent.

I wouldn't mind giving this guy's worshipers a culling.

http://theindianeconomist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/239584628_KarlMarxQuote_DialecticalPhilosophy_xlarge-255x300.png

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Truth.

http://theindianeconomist.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/239584628_KarlMarxQuote_DialecticalPhilosophy_xlarge-255x300.png

Think of what history would be like if Karl Marx got his $5 raise from the newspaper.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:35:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well now I need to reform my purge checklist:

1. Secure family.
2. Dig into supply of mountain dew.
3. Thaw a few packages of imitation crabmeat.
4. Protect all bedding items.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:37:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Seriously, there would be no need to "purge".  Most half decent neighborhoods would establish an armed neighborhood watch to make sure that no strangers came into the neighborhood to start trouble.

The FSA neighborhoods would generally "purge" themselves, they way they do already except they might get a bit more carried away with it.

Other than a handful of psychopaths who would eventually get themselves weeded out, most middle and upper class folks would just batten down the hatches for the night.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#40]

All done.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:42:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Seriously, there would be no need to "purge".  Most half decent neighborhoods would establish an armed neighborhood watch to make sure that no strangers came into the neighborhood to start trouble.

The FSA neighborhoods would generally "purge" themselves, they way they do already except they might get a bit more carried away with it.

Other than a handful of psychopaths who would eventually get themselves weeded out, most middle and upper class folks would just batten down the hatches for the night.
View Quote

Heh, I think Chicago has The Purge every weekend.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:12:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The idea behind the Purge is that the residents of half-way decent neighborhoods... would be the ones "purging." And I'm sure there would be plenty of volunteers.

After the first few Purges, there wouldn't be "FSA neighborhoods." The people in them would be the Purge's primary targets.

I've no doubt that after a few Purges, society would look decidedly... monochromatic.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
A couple skulls mounted on pikes at the head of the driveway would get the point across.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm down for a wall of skulls!  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:25:44 AM EDT
[#44]
No, I think 'Purging' is a latent liberal desire to permanently silence anyone that doesn't have the same emotionally based opinions as them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:28:52 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Think of what history would be like if Karl Marx got his $5 raise from the newspaper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Truth.

The irony of Marx was that the growing middle class was a historically recent development in his time and without his myopia, proof that the "rising tide" of industrialism was lifting all boats. The middle class was "lifting" themselves out of their "chains" via prosperity generated by enterprise and hard work. He wanted it overnight (sound familiar?).

If it wasn't him, it would have been somebody else with something close.  Marx didn't invent the genre or seed a barren field; he just had a catchy riff that a lot of "cool" kids thought they could dance to.

Fuck him.

And them.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:32:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm left wondering what thread you are reading because it sure isn't this one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:43:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This but, counter-purge.

Throw up the ARF-signal

No, a mass dialer system that calls all the mothers to notify those in their basements.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#49]

I would.

I would arm and pay an elite group of mercenaries and I would unleash them upon all of those who are cruel to dogs.  I would enjoy seeing the dog fight guys beg for their lives.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:00:06 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Police would just continue to do their jobs and not get paid for it. I imagine military guys would form militias to protect neighborhoods and stuff. The only place that The Purge could happen is in ghetto areas where it essentially already takes place.
View Quote

Thinking the same thing, more or less.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top