Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:25:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
As long as we're on the topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

View Quote

OMG, my wife went to a women in business conference or some shit and they must have shown this video, she comes home and pulls it up on YouTube for me to see it. I watch it and think to myself, oh good, she sees that she is acting nuts sometimes. Nope, it was to show me that sometimes I just need to listen instead of trying to fix things that she is complaining about
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Every....Damned.....Day......
View Quote

Came here to post exactly this.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Deep down, they want you to be the boss...make the decisions.  Even if they bitch about it.

* When you get comfortable with this, take it to the next level.  You Choose first.  Without asking.  

View Quote

Dumb shit right there. Suggesting "hey, wanna go to (insert choice here)?" That's cool.

But straight up being completely inconsiderate of the person you're supposed to love? Asshole maneuver.

I bet you think ladies lurve it when you make their menu selection for them too.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I know what I want to eat right now.

Chicken fajitas!

p.s.  I HATE that movie. It sucks ass.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Me: You Hungry?  What are you feeling?
Wife: Yea, I don't care pick something.
Me: Steak?
Wife: No.
Me: Pasta? Chicken? Pizza?
Wife: No, No, No.
Me: God dammit what do you want?!
Wife: I don't know.

Then after that she'll ask, "Well what do you want?"  Oh I don't know, any of the 18 fucking choices I just rattled off that you said no to.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#6]
lulz
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#7]
...and I thought I was the only poor bastard on the face of the planet that had put up with that nonsensical shit.

"What do you want?

I don't care, pick anything.

OK. lets go over to <fill-in-the-blank>

Ewww, I don't see how you eat that stuff...

OK, you pick something out.

I told you, (and she says it like she's getting mad...) I don't care, whatever.

OK, then we can try.

No, I don't want that. We had that last week...

ME: FINE, I'm not picking another place until you come up with a suggestion.

HER: WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU? WHY DO YOU ALWAYS GET THIS WAY EVERY TIME WE GO OUT TO GET SOMETHING TO EAT?

ARGGHHH!!! I want a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card like "hormones" that I can blame all my shit on and get away with it like everyone else is supposed to just shut up and put up with their shit!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:24:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've starved so many times because of my wife's indecisiveness,
View Quote

At first I would try and beat her at her own game, by not picking somewhere either. Then realized I could never "out crazy" a female.

Now I ask, she won't answer and I pick. If she does suggest somewhere, I say No. Just to pay her back for the other 99.9% she never fucking helps decide.

I love being married
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:40:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Dumb shit right there. Suggesting "hey, wanna go to (insert choice here)?" That's cool.

But straight up being completely inconsiderate of the person you're supposed to love? Asshole maneuver.

I bet you think ladies lurve it when you make their menu selection for them too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Deep down, they want you to be the boss...make the decisions.  Even if they bitch about it.

* When you get comfortable with this, take it to the next level.  You Choose first.  Without asking.  

Depends on the people.  Some women really do like it when a guy takes charge.  Some of them are going to get majorly pissed.   I'm of the theory that most of the time I'll ask, and if she doesn't know I'll pick something.   Sometimes I'll just pick and if she asks where we're going I'll say "It's a surprise."  I don't play the "I don't care," "whatever," or "nothing" game very well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
To All you youngsters, or oldsters who haven't figured it out yet, THIS is how you handle it.    When they play that passive aggressive game, the only way to win, is to refuse to play.  

It's hard to do at first, because all we're looking for is a little positive reinforcement or enthusiasm.          

However, it gets easier with practice.  

It works a lot better than playing the other game, and getting annoyed and pissed off at her lack of enthusiasm.   Ultimately, they want You to be assertive and they want You to be pleased.

This goes against intuition and everything we've been taught about being a gentleman.   However, it is perhaps the most profound truth of the male/female relationship dynamic.  

A woman Hates an indecisive man.   Even if he's nice in every way, she will learn to despise him even more than a wife beater.   She can't help it.  It's in her DNA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've gotten to the point that I ask once. When she responds "I don't know", I drive to the place I want to go and that's it. She had her chance.

To All you youngsters, or oldsters who haven't figured it out yet, THIS is how you handle it.    When they play that passive aggressive game, the only way to win, is to refuse to play.  

It's hard to do at first, because all we're looking for is a little positive reinforcement or enthusiasm.          

However, it gets easier with practice.  

It works a lot better than playing the other game, and getting annoyed and pissed off at her lack of enthusiasm.   Ultimately, they want You to be assertive and they want You to be pleased.

This goes against intuition and everything we've been taught about being a gentleman.   However, it is perhaps the most profound truth of the male/female relationship dynamic.  

A woman Hates an indecisive man.   Even if he's nice in every way, she will learn to despise him even more than a wife beater.   She can't help it.  It's in her DNA.

Been married 18 years in September. ^ all of this is true.

In regards to a lot more than just food choices too.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:18:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I pretty much know what the girl I'm talking to likes.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
"What do you want?"  

"I don't know, just get something"

*I get something and bring it home*

"Why did you get that?"

My face

http://dc364.4shared.com/img/9z6OjwyA/s3/12eb4bdd880/RageFace.jpg  
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#14]
The proper way to handle this is to give them finite choices...

Everyone knows that with too many choices, decisions hard to make.  So rather than an infinite number of dining options, give them 3 or 4... and tell them that you are OK with any of these, but if they don't pick one it is an implicit endorsement of whatever one you select.

"Honey, which of these option would satisfy your hunger best tonight?

Going out to the mexican place on Church street, staying in and i can make us burgers and a ceasar salad, or we 69 and then just go out for dessert?"

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Drives ME INSANE!!!!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:29:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Every....Damned.....Day......
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:37:54 AM EDT
[#17]
We eat out every day, and here's how I fixed that:

We have a place we go to on each day - Monday it's burgers, Tuesday is barbecue, Wednesday is Mexican, etc. That lets everyone get their mouth set for the food of that day. Works like a charm.

Yes, it's regimented, but it works. And if we decide to break out and do something else on a certain day, we do it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:49:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you ever had a long term relationship with a woman?      (M/F type, Lesbian not applicable in this instance).

In an ideal world, the Man would say "Hey honey, I'd like to take you out someplace special tominght.  Where would you like to go?"

the Woman replies, "I would love to try that new Italian place" .    * (whatever- fill in the blank).

The Man says "Great, lets Go!"

However, it rarely ever works out that way.  Nobody can say exactly why.  it's one of those eternal mysteries.  
I remember my parents having decades of arguments over this, and various variations on the theme.  

I've been married for 15 years now, and I've fallen for it a time or two, however, I learned the hard way, and reformed my ways.    Just 'cause you think something should be a certain way, doesn't make it so.    Sometimes, it's better to just accept things at face value.    Granted, every couple is different.  However, this is something that, weirdly enough, strikes at the heart of the M/F relationship.    

I submit that a Man saying "Hey Hon, I'm taking you out tonight!".  Is preferable than causing a lot of bad blood over stupid miscommunication.  

You might be the one woman in 1000 that can have a positive conversation on the subject, but you would be in the minority.   That's what this thread is about.    As you can see, it's a pretty universal malady.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I've actually had pretty good success by reversing the usual "where do you want to go" question.
Unless one of us expresses a particular craving, I just ask my wife what cuisine she does NOT want.

Since everyone has a limited number of local restaurants, this automatically reduces the number to a mere handful, any of which are by definition GTG, since she did not eliminate them.

Everybody's happy. She gets to have input AND have her husband make the decision, I get to choose what restaurant I like. Apparently doing it like this is also perceived as me being a thoughtful, caring husband, which, in turn, makes her less likely to automatically eliminate cuisines I really like but she does not (e.g., Indian).
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't ask anymore. I decide and she either likes it or doesn't.

I don't believe in SWMBO
View Quote

This right here.
You young puppies will learn it with time but us old fucks know it by heart.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:39:05 AM EDT
[#21]
When she says "I don't know" we try somewhere or something new. We've found some delicious places doing that... and some truly heinous ones
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:41:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Women are intentionally obtuse difficult.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
OMG, my wife went to a women in business conference or some shit and they must have shown this video, she comes home and pulls it up on YouTube for me to see it. I watch it and think to myself, oh good, she sees that she is acting nuts sometimes. Nope, it was to show me that sometimes I just need to listen instead of trying to fix things that she is complaining about
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as we're on the topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

EJECT!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#24]
It was real bad one time when my ex and I and another couple went out one time.  "I don't know" was being thrown around from every direction.  So we settled on Mellow Mushroom, and 3 out of 4 of got diarrhea.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top