Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:20:53 AM EDT
[#1]
That was honestly the first time I've called the cops and i'm over 30.  I understand but they sure are nosey; only thing the didn't ask for was my SSN.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Your post perfectly illustrates your point.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, Why would you want to call the cops for something like that?

I swear, this place gets fuckin' dumber and dumber every damn day!

You go, Snowboots!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

You go, Snowboots!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You go, Snowboots!

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You go, Snowboots!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d143/AndieFlynn/animated%20gifs/ku-medium-7.jpg

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Definitely sounds like casing cars.

When I lived in some apartments, that was one my the calls to the police.  I stepped outside around 1:30 AM to have a smoke and saw a guy with a flashlight going between the cars.  The large duffle bag didn't help ease suspicion, either.  I watched him for a bit then got on the phone to the police.  He finally saw me and ran like hell.  Police never did find him.

The other call was a pair of guys doing a poor job of fighting in the parking lot at 3 AM.  That one was a much quicker call.  Turns out I should have been in a queue, since two other residents were already on the phone with the police.  Fighting is one thing, doing the shoving-monkey dance and screaming at 3 AM tends to attract a bit of attention.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:41:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a flashlight, did he?

Get one of these:

Light his ass up.  Either that, or give him a sunburn.
It's the most amazing flashlight I've ever owned.
Almost TOO bright to use indoors, especially with light colored walls/ceilings/floors.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:43:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe it was the same asshole that stole the catalytic converter from my truck.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Had a flashlight, did he?

Get one of these:
http://www.brightguy.com/images/products/large/SureFire%20P3X%20Fury%20High-Output%20Flashlight_2.jpg
Light his ass up.  Either that, or give him a sunburn.
It's the most amazing flashlight I've ever owned.
Almost TOO bright to use indoors, especially with light colored walls/ceilings/floors.
View Quote

If that has the same emitter as my X300 weapon light (500 lumens) then yeah
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Called the cops, first time in my life.  He arrived quick (less than 5 minutes) and came through with headlights off.  Now he's hanging out at the entrance to the apartment complex.  

Listened to the call and all on the scanner.
View Quote

Were you too close to the scanner, so there was feedback on the call, and the dispatcher had to tell you to turn down the scanner, and then you were all like, 'Long Time Listener, First Time Caller!'

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:06:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If that has the same emitter as my X300 weapon light (500 lumens) then yeah
View Quote

The 3X Fury models are 1000 lumen
The one I have has a selectable output tailcap; 15 lumen (low) or 1000 lumen (who's your daddy)

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Were you too close to the scanner, so there was feedback on the call, and the dispatcher had to tell you to turn down the scanner, and then you were all like, 'Long Time Listener, First Time Caller!'

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Called the cops, first time in my life.  He arrived quick (less than 5 minutes) and came through with headlights off.  Now he's hanging out at the entrance to the apartment complex.  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:31:15 PM EDT
[#12]
1) yes
2) hide dog
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Did you hear an alarm or glass break? Then myob.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got me, I listen to scanners occasionally and started doing so 20+ years ago with my grandfather.  Usually turn the scanner on when I hear the shopper circling in the area or similar events that indicate something abnormal is occurring.  Every now and then I also read weekly arrest reports and those let us know what is really happening in the community.  The scanner was on once I saw the guy casing the parking lot because officers could have been alerted to the issue already,  I just listen for street names in the surrounding area.

So why don't you take the advice of many others and mind your fucking business.  As for the clown comment I've been through shit that would make you curl up in the fetal position and scream for your mother .  Keep playing dress-up.  

Before someone tells me to move out of the ghetto I live in a wealthy area but migrants of the criminal type and section 8 result in high crime rates in areas that you would not expect.

IB4 the butt-hurt / Flame Suit On
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Wouldn't there be a large, fairly obvious tow truck close at hand?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

does your apartment tow cars with out a parking tag ?

at my apartment complex, they have tow truck drivers looking for cars to tow if they do not have the parking tag visible. usually with a flashlight, and looking inside cars and what not.

sometimes its around the corner out of sight, but I can hear the hum of the engine.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:48:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The towing company that has the contract for our complex will sometimes haves just a guy walking around checking cars while the truck is checking another lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
does your apartment tow cars with out a parking tag ?

at my apartment complex, they have tow truck drivers looking for cars to tow if they do not have the parking tag visible. usually with a flashlight, and looking inside cars and what not.

The towing company that has the contract for our complex will sometimes haves just a guy walking around checking cars while the truck is checking another lot.

This.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top