Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2014 6:20:13 PM EDT
I bought a new one on Newegg and it was WORSE than the 1.5 year old battery i originally got when i bought the phone.
who is a reputable seller and wont sell me JUNK?
its sad that these days you have to scan through all the con artists and junk sellers. replica this, OEM replacement that. no i want REAL, and i want OEM!
my battery dies after 4 hours of light use now. on a 2 month old battery, that is insane.

thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Try zerolemon.

I have one for my note 2 that is 9300 mah or how ever they measure it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bought a new one on Newegg and it was WORSE than the 1.5 year old battery i originally got when i bought the phone.
its sad that these days you have to scan through all the con artists and junk sellers. replica this, OEM replacement that. no i want REAL, and i want OEM!
my battery dies after 4 hours of light use now. on a 2 month old battery, that is insane.

thanks
View Quote

Does Google not work where you are?

This shows up as the second or third listing when you put "OEM S4 battery" in as your search terms:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Original-Genuine-Replacement-Battery/dp/B00D9ESMTA

Pretty much the same battery that came in the phone, btw.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This shows up as the second or third listing when you put "OEM S4 battery" in as your search terms:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Original-Genuine-Replacement-Battery/dp/B00D9ESMTA

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks

that's EXACTLY what i did when i bought the replacement.
what was sent clearly was not OEM. as it is worse than the aging battery from the factory.
the add said OEM. it was not.
i should know better, trusting anything the Chinese sell or claim to be "real"

edit: i just looked at your link.
that is exactly where i bought it from.

see the reviews.
that "genuine" battery is dog shit

1.0 out of 5 stars  It's a crap, May 10, 2014

By

Julio - See all my reviews

Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: Samsung Original Genuine OEM Spare 2600 mAh Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Non-Retail Packaging - Silver (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Buy this battery thinking it was genuine. It sucks.
Is fully discharged in about 4 hours. with an average use of the phone.
Not recommend.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Buy it from the store you bought your phone from
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#5]
T-Mobile has 'em.

You might also look at what services are running on your phone.  Check settings.

Stuff you don't even realize may be eating your battery.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
T-Mobile has 'em.
View Quote

after reading some reviews of the "nicer" batteries, i may just pay the upcharge and buy it from the local store.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
T-Mobile has 'em.

You might also look at what services are running on your phone.  Check settings.

Stuff you don't even realize may be eating your battery.
View Quote

my buddy keeps telling me that as well
he is trying to talk me into rooting my phone, so that crap can be deleted
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

what was sent clearly was not OEM. as it is worse than the aging battery from the factory.

see the reviews.

By

This review is from: Samsung Original Genuine OEM Spare 2600 mAh Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 - Non-Retail Packaging - Silver (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Not recommend.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks

see the reviews.

By

Not recommend.

Who was the seller? If you buy the actual Amazon Prime-listed one, and you got a fake... You should be bitching Amazon out over that. The other sellers, you pays your money, you takes your chances. I've never had an actual Amazon-sourced offer be other than what was listed, however. When you decide to go the least expensive route, you have to be super-careful about who you buy from. Amazon will make it good, but it's going to be a pain in the ass. For seven bucks vs. twelve, I'll buy from Amazon itself, though...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:40:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Batteries Plus should have it.  My work phone is an S3.  It has a flaw where if I let the battery run all the way down, it will never charge again...super fucking annoying.  Picked another one up 2 weeks ago, if they have for the S4, gotta assume they'll have S4 as well.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry, won't be OEM from Batteries Plus, most likely Rayovac.  The have excellent service and return policy though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Galaxy S4 batteries die in 1 1/2 years?  No wonder they make them replaceable.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Galaxy S4 batteries die in 1 1/2 years?  No wonder they make them replaceable.  
View Quote

I have 3 S4s in the house for the wife and kids, all the batteries are in the 2 to 2.5 1 to 1.5 year old range. All running just fine. I can't use a phone that small, though.

Edit: Wrong about the purchase date(s).

Edit 2: Frankly, I DGAF how good a battery claims to be, it's an electrical part, it's destined for failure at some point. I simply would NOT buy a rechargeable battery that wasn't "user serviceable." That's actually one of the dumbest fucking things I've EVER heard of in an electronic device. I *did* buy a Samsung GalTabII for my son but, I honestly couldn't find *any* decent tablets with removable/replaceable batteries. For a phone? No fucking way. If the boy's tablet shits the bed, the worst case is he can't watch Dora or Jake (He's 3) until we get a replacement. My phone goes tits up and an arm of my company is down until I get a replacement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top