BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:47:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Federal judges imposing gay marriage are not defending liberty. They are imposing federal power onto the states, and violating the rights of people like the baker in CO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The will of the people only matters so far as it doesn't deprive someone else of liberty.

Federal judges imposing gay marriage are not defending liberty. They are imposing federal power onto the states, and violating the rights of people like the baker in CO.

Did someone force that baker to get married to a man or something?  Or are you talking about something totally different?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The will of the people only matters so far as it doesn't deprive someone else of liberty.

A lot of people hate religion more than they hate big government.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're ok with states infringing on people's liberty as long as it's the will of the people. Got it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So you're ok with states infringing on people's liberty as long as it's the will of the people. Got it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you insist on putting words in other people's mouths?  Is that the only way you can argue?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we should have a referendum on whether he should be forced to get a vasectomy.

If the courts intervene and stop it, then they're being all activist and suppressing the will of the people!  Stupid big government!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:52:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Lol. "I want the .gov out of the marriage business, so I'm going to vote to get them even more involved in it!" No, you're right that's a perfectly consistent position.

Also, claiming that not recognizing dissimilar things means that something is "being banned" shows what exactly?

Answer the question. If refusing to recognize a gay couple (or a incestuous couple, or a polyamorous group, or a couple of friends who just want to scam insurance companies) means that something is "banned" then does refusing to recognize adult children as dependents mean that the .gov is "banning" children?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not the anti-thesis, and to claim it is shows a severe lack of critical thinking skills.

Lol. "I want the .gov out of the marriage business, so I'm going to vote to get them even more involved in it!" No, you're right that's a perfectly consistent position.

Also, claiming that not recognizing dissimilar things means that something is "being banned" shows what exactly?

Answer the question. If refusing to recognize a gay couple (or a incestuous couple, or a polyamorous group, or a couple of friends who just want to scam insurance companies) means that something is "banned" then does refusing to recognize adult children as dependents mean that the .gov is "banning" children?

That's a retarded question, and in no way has any bearing on marriage.

Is your position that a hetero couple couldn't get married in order to scam the government? Only gays?
I've seen a few sham marriages to scam the military in my day.

The government telling the states to not discriminate isn't advocating more involvement it's advocating equal application of the law, until a time comes when the gov isn't involved at all. It's not that complicated, but that doesn't fit your little narrative does it?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Besides my liberal use of the F-bomb (military does that to you) why on earth would you think I hate religion?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why do you insist on putting words in other people's mouths?  Is that the only way you can argue?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a natural extension of what he said. Again, not that complicated.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think we should have a referendum on whether he should be forced to get a vasectomy.

If the courts intervene and stop it, then they're being all activist and suppressing the will of the people!  Stupid big government!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

I'm out for a while, got work to do. Ya'll have fun being all statist in here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:56:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Then there's this gem from '09.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First I heard the term as well! LOL!

uh huh.

sure, honey.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Here's my "Black Bush" picture from a few years ago.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=28124

I actually think I made one even earlier (late 2009 or early 2010), but can't find that one.

I've heard the term, but it's not used by but a few. I doubt anyone but a few people have heard it or know what it means.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Then there's this gem from '09.

Hmmm....

Nice find.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:58:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's not even sort of equivalent to saying that.  It's equivalent to saying "I don't support any welfare, but if it's going to be done anyway, gays shouldn't be excluded from it just for being gay".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
It's not even sort of equivalent to saying that.  It's equivalent to saying "I don't support any welfare, but if it's going to be done anyway, gays shouldn't be excluded from it just for being gay".

No one is being excluded from anything because they're gay, unless your definition of discrimination includes any legal definitions or limits whatsoever. Saying "Your relationship is only recognized as a marriage if you are of opposite genders" is literally no different than saying "Your relationship is only recognized as parent child if you are the kid's biological parent or have formally adopted them" or "You are only an adult if you have reached the age of maturity."

No, the government should be using a more uniform tax.  Fuck this being paid to have kids thing.

If you say that there should not be a tax break for having kids, but then support redefining "dependent child" to include nieces, nephews, cousins, and close friends of the family that do sleepovers frequently: are you really opposed to that tax break?

You didn't answer me.  Do you think adultery should be illegal?  If not, do you support adultery?

Are we talking about not redefining marriage, or are we talking about anti-sodomy laws? Cause if it's the first that's a silly question, and if it's the second then that's actually relevant.

That being said, marriage is a contract and adultery violates it. It is also fraudulent as (unless it is an "open" marriage) there is an expectation of exclusivity and the protection from disease that entails. Seems like we already have laws governing breach of contract and fraud, and I support enforcing them. Although it is interesting to consider why this particular type of breach of contract and fraud gets a free pass from so many.

Also, fucking quote trees are a pain in the ass to parse.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:01:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If your belief in the institution of marriage is so fragile that the government no longer forcing your views on everyone else is that undesirable to you then maybe you should really stop and think about what you believe.
View Quote

Tell that to the baker in CO.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:01:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

1. No, it's the equivalent of saying I don't support welfare, but I will support  lowing it, or a more fair application of it until it can be completely abolished.
2. Why do you need the government to define things for you? I seem to do ok without them defining things.
3. Again. Let's end tax benefits for having kids and this problem goes away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Your position is the equivalent of saying "I don't support ANY welfare, but in the meantime I'm going to vote for increasing welfare because fairness."
2. What relationships are you ok with the feds defining?
3. You realize the difference between a fundamental right, and a set of laws governing benefits right? Implementing a one child policy would be an infringement on freedom. Saying "You can't claim your 30 year old step child as a dependent" is a legal definition of a relationship, and does not.

1. No, it's the equivalent of saying I don't support welfare, but I will support  lowing it, or a more fair application of it until it can be completely abolished.
2. Why do you need the government to define things for you? I seem to do ok without them defining things.
3. Again. Let's end tax benefits for having kids and this problem goes away.

1. Expanding whose relationship the .gov can be involved in is reducing it how again?
2. That's a silly attempt at ad hom, but to answer there are a lot of reasons. Survivor benefits for vets killed in the line of duty for example.
3. If you say "I want to end benefits for having kids" but then vote to expand the definition of dependent child to include nieces nephews and cousins, do you really support ending benefits to have kids?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Would you support a fed law that said states couldn't ban concealed carry? I would!!!
View Quote

Federalism. How does it work?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:03:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Aside from his spying on US citizens, I would think libertarians would be pretty happy with Obama:

* legalize pot (check) Not True on Fed level / Not Obama / Only some states

* legalize gay marriage (check) Not a specific interest or goal, removing the gov from Marriage and consenting adult relationships would have been the acceptable way

* legalize abortion (check) Not an Obama issue, Its been legal for deacads

* open US borders (check) Not in national interest, not in interest of citizens, not a goal, not pleased

Aren't those things that libertarians swoon over?
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:03:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honest question. Are you an anarchist? because your line of reasoning here would invalidate any constraint on human behaviour.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:03:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
No one is being excluded from anything because they're gay, unless your definition of discrimination includes any legal definitions or limits whatsoever. Saying "Your relationship is only recognized as a marriage if you are of opposite genders" is literally no different than saying "Your relationship is only recognized as parent child if you are the kid's biological parent or have formally adopted them" or "You are only an adult if you have reached the age of maturity."
View Quote

This well-worn argument has always bordered on the absurd.  "Oh yeah you can observe whatever religion you want, as long as it's monotheistic"

Quoted:
If you say that there should not be a tax break for having kids, but then support redefining "dependent child" to include nieces, nephews, cousins, and close friends of the family that do sleepovers frequently: are you really opposed to that tax break?
View Quote

I'm not sure how this sentence applies to anything I've said.

Quoted:
Are we talking about not redefining marriage, or are we talking about anti-sodomy laws? Cause if it's the first that's a silly question, and if it's the second then that's actually relevant.

That being said, marriage is a contract and adultery violates it. It is also fraudulent as (unless it is an "open" marriage) there is an expectation of exclusivity and the protection from disease that entails. Seems like we already have laws governing breach of contract and fraud, and I support enforcing them. Although it is interesting to consider why this particular type of breach of contract and fraud gets a free pass from so many.

Also, fucking quote trees are a pain in the ass to parse.
View Quote

So do you support making it illegal to have sex with  someone you're not licensed to have sex with?  It sounds like you're leaning towards yes.

Quoted:
Honest question. Are you an anarchist? because your line of reasoning here would invalidate any constraint on human behaviour.
View Quote

My line of reasoning simply supports that courts have the power to step in and strike down legislation that violates equal protection or other human rights, even if it's the "will of the people".
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:04:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Is your position that a hetero couple couldn't get married in order to scam the government? Only gays?

The government telling the states to not discriminate isn't advocating more involvement it's advocating equal application of the law, until a time comes when the gov isn't involved at all. It's not that complicated, but that doesn't fit your little narrative does it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not the anti-thesis, and to claim it is shows a severe lack of critical thinking skills.

So any restriction on what relationships can be considered marriage for tax and benefit purposes is discriminatory and not applying the law equally? Is that your argument?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you are fine with the state forcing bakers to bake for gays, right? That's what you support, and it isn't freedom.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So you are fine with the state forcing bakers to bake for gays, right? That's what you support, and it isn't freedom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right, it's not freedom.

What does this have to do with gay marriage?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:06:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Did someone force that baker to get married to a man or something?  Or are you talking about something totally different?
View Quote

Forcing him to bake a cake.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're not talking about gay marriage?  Then maybe you should have that discussion elsewhere.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:07:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is not what is being discussed here.  No one is advocating the forcing of a preacher to marry a gay couple.

All anyone is talking about is removing any government restrictions that may be preventing said preacher from voluntarily doing so if he chooses.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:09:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My line of reasoning simply supports that courts have the power to step in and strike down legislation that violates equal protection or other human rights, even if it's the "will of the people".
View Quote

Equal protection. More like the government boot.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This well-worn argument has always bordered on the absurd.  "Oh yeah you can observe whatever religion you want, as long as it's monotheistic"
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Do you recognize the difference between "It is illegal to do X" and "We have a tax break for people who do Y, and X is not Y so the tax break does not apply to them" because it really seems like you don't grok that.

I'm not sure how this sentence applies to anything I've said.

Not recognizing gay marriage doesn't ban anything or make anything illegal, it merely doesn't provide access to certain tax breaks and benefits. Just like not recognizing your cousins as a dependent child doesn't provide them access to certain benefits.

So do you support making it illegal to have sex with  someone you're not licensed to have sex with?  It sounds like you're leaning towards yes.

You're hilarious. This is entering "Romney wants to ban tampons" territory. I don't want to change the legal definition of marriage and use the force of the federal government to force people to recognize gay relationships as equivalent to heterosexual marriage, and I am therefore probably wanting to make it illegal to have sex without a .gov permission slip. That's real retarded sir.

Your understanding of "equal protection" is laughable.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, the government may have to force other branches of government to respect the equal protection clause of the United States constitution.

That's by design.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:12:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Which is not what is being discussed here.  No one is advocating the forcing of a preacher to marry a gay couple.

All anyone is talking about is removing any government restrictions that may be preventing said preacher from voluntarily doing so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

All anyone is talking about is removing any government restrictions that may be preventing said preacher from voluntarily doing so.

In fact, some of the "libertarians" here support using government force against small buisness. And they also have no respect for the limits on federal powers.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:13:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

All anyone is talking about is removing any government restrictions that may be preventing said preacher from voluntarily doing so if he chooses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Preachers ahve been marrying gay couples for decades if not longer. Legal recognition of that won't change it.

You are supporting using the threat of .gov to force companies to recognize this type of relationship.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:13:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Yes, the government may have to force other branches of government to respect the equal protection clause of the United States constitution.

That's by design.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's by design.

But by "respect the equal protection clause" what you mean is force local individuals who are not part of the government to do what you wish.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

In fact, some of the "libertarians" here support using government force against small buisness. And they also have no respect for the limits on federal powers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK?  Still not what was being discussed at this point in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So you're not talking about gay marriage?  Then maybe you should have that discussion elsewhere.
View Quote

Why is it that Sammy "libertarians" like big government so much?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:15:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Do you recognize the difference between "It is illegal to do X" and "We have a tax break for people who do Y, and X is not Y so the tax break does not apply to them" because it really seems like you don't grok that.
View Quote

I do recognize the difference.  Would you be okay with just making polytheistic places of worship tax-exempt, and then telling the Catholics "well just worship something else and you'll get the tax break"?  That seem kosher?

Quoted:
Not recognizing gay marriage doesn't ban anything or make anything illegal, it merely doesn't provide access to certain tax breaks and benefits. Just like not recognizing your cousins as a dependent child doesn't provide them access to certain benefits.
View Quote

So you're not advocating making it illegal for gay people to legally marry each other?  I'm confused, because this seems the premise of your entire argument.

Quoted:
You're hilarious. This is entering "Romney wants to ban tampons" territory. I don't want to change the legal definition of marriage and use the force of the federal government to force people to recognize gay relationships as equivalent to heterosexual marriage, and I am therefore probably wanting to make it illegal to have sex without a .gov permission slip. That's real retarded sir.
View Quote

I am hilarious, but I'm not being comical now.  I asked you a question.  Do you think it should be illegal to have sex with someone you're not licensed to have sex with?  I'm not being dense,  I know why you're dodging the question.  I'm just not going to let you bully me away from making this obvious point.

Quoted:
Your understanding of "equal protection" is laughable.
View Quote

Okay.  Why?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Preachers ahve been marrying gay couples for decades if not longer. Legal recognition of that won't change it.

You are supporting using the threat of .gov to force companies to recognize this type of relationship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay couples have been able to be legally recognized as married for decades?  And receiving all legal benefits thereof?  Please clarify.

Don't put words in my mouth.  I have not made any statements supporting anything.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:16:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have any other points you'd like to make that have nothing to do with what we're discussing?  Get them all out there in one post instead of dragging it out.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is exactly what we are discussing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Do you have any other points you'd like to make that have nothing to do with what we're discussing?  Get them all out there in one post instead of dragging it out.
View Quote

It goes exactly to the core point. The "libertarians" here (at least those from SOM) don't defend liberty.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

So you are fine with the state forcing bakers to bake for gays, right?

View Quote

Fuck no.

Freedom of association goes both ways.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:20:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are discussing gay marriage performed by the government.  You are talking about whether businesses should be able to refuse to serve gay people, a transaction that does not involve an agency bound by the 14th amendment.  

You perhaps don't understand what the discussion is about, but you are talking about something the rest of us aren't discussing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#39]
I've read the first page and the last page. I guess the answer to OP went from derp to BO is not doing a bad job.

Good job OP. That is how it's done.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:21:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We are discussing gay marriage performed by the government.  You are talking about whether businesses should be able to refuse to serve gay people, a transaction that does not involve an agency bound by the 14th amendment.  

You perhaps don't understand what the discussion is about, but you are talking about something the rest of us aren't discussing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take another look at the OP and find out what you are supposed to be discussing. What you've done is hijack a thread.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#41]
I know people like to attribute a desire for wide open borders as a widely held libertarian belief, but I have a hard time believing that. It's like assuming all republicans are deeply religious. It's a very ignorant assumption. People read a list of issues and the libertarian party platform's stance on those issues and think it automatically applies to all libertarians. It blows my mind how illogical people are with this stuff and shows the weird sort of bias and disdain people have for somebody who agrees with them on probably 90% of the issues because they identify better with a different "team."
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Take another look at the OP and find out what you are supposed to be discussing. What you've done is hijack a thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay marriage is in the OP.  Gays being treated by businesses as a protected class is not.  Did you read the OP?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Libertarians are not a homogenized group or party.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:25:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Gay marriage is in the OP.  Gays being treated by businesses as a protected class is not.  Did you read the OP?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, he can put you in the 'BHO is doing a good job column?'
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:27:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I know people like to attribute a desire for wide open borders as a widely held libertarian belief, but I have a hard time believing that. It's like assuming all republicans are deeply religious. It's a very ignorant assumption. People read a list of issues and the libertarian party platform's stance on those issues and think it automatically applies to all libertarians. It blows my mind how illogical people are with this stuff and shows the weird sort of bias and disdain people have for somebody who agrees with them on probably 90% of the issues because they identify better with a different "team."
View Quote

Its ignorance or willful intellectual dishonesty to criticize opposition.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:28:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Those silly libertarians, when will they learn
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So, he can put you in the 'BHO is doing a good job column?'
View Quote

Because Obama legalized gay marriage?  

Yeah, way to go Obama! You did it!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:33:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I do recognize the difference.  Would you be okay with just making polytheistic places of worship tax-exempt, and then telling the Catholics "well just worship something else and you'll get the tax break"?  That seem kosher?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's an absurd non-sequitor, and not even analogous here.

So you're not advocating making it illegal for gay people to legally marry each other?  I'm confused, because this seems the premise of your entire argument.

Not providing .gov recognition of a relationship is not the same as banning it.

I am hilarious, but I'm not being comical now.  I asked you a question.  Do you think it should be illegal to have sex with someone you're not licensed to have sex with?  I'm not being dense,  I know why you're dodging the question.  I'm just not going to let you bully me away from making this obvious point.

"Bully" you? It's like arguing with a liberal. I'm so sorry if I've hurt your feels. Are you going to be reporting me to the FBI for cyber bullying?

I do not support laws banning any activities between consenting adults. I do oppose using the threat of .gov to force individuals and companies to recognize all relationships as equivalent and/or violate their conscience.

Okay.  Why?

If the .gov says "People who have kids get a tax break, people who don't have kids will not get that tax break, and here is the definition of a dependent child" would that violate equal protection? If you changed it to say "Anyone who claims to have a dependent child gets a tax break, and we have no limits on who is counted as a dependent child" would that be preferable and less of a violation?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:35:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Gay couples have been able to be legally recognized as married for decades?  And receiving all legal benefits thereof?  Please clarify.

Don't put words in my mouth.  I have not made any statements supporting anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, the .gov forcing people to recognize the status of gays who are married is a new development. Which you know, obviously.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it is.  You're saying "oh you can still get married, just not to the consenting adult you want to marry".  The analogy is "oh you can still practice religion, just not the religion you believe in."  I know you don't like the analogy, but there's nothing wrong with it.

Quoted:
Not providing .gov recognition of a relationship is not the same as banning it.

If government recognition is in fact what is referred to as "marriage" (and it is in this case, unfortunately), then yes, it is.

Quoted:
"Bully" you? It's like arguing with a liberal. I'm so sorry if I've hurt your feels. Are you going to be supporting me to the FBI for cyber bullying?

I do not support laws banning any activities between consenting adults. I do oppose using the threat of .gov to force individuals and companies to recognize all relationships as equivalent and/or violate their conscience.

Okay, so you don't support banning adultery.  Why do you support women cheating on their husbands?  

Quoted:
If the .gov says "People who have kids get a tax break, people who don't have kids will not get that tax break, and here is the definition of a dependent child" would that violate equal protection? If you changed it to say "Anyone who claims to have a dependent child gets a tax break, and we have no limits on who is counted as a dependent child" would that be preferable and less of a violation?

If the government decided to arbitrarily define "dependent child" as a child that is not gay, then yes, I think it would.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top