View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In for the TX hate!

No DECENT American can hate Texas.

I went there once- Houston of all places. I'm sure there are plenty of crappy places in that city, but the parts I was in were nice.

Anyway, while some of the chest thumping about how great Texas is gets a little old, no one can deny that Texas is what freedom loving people in the rest of the US wish their state was.

Move it way from Mexico, and Texas would be the undisputed best place in the world to live. Period.

There's the problem. Most Americans are self important assholes.

Explain.

What gets more viewership?  News oriented programming or entertainment oriented programming?
Which do more Americans know?  The head coach of a college or pro sports team or just one of their elected representatives (any level of government)?
How many Americans donate time or money to a worthy cause without asking for documentation for "tax purposes"?

I could go all night.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I wish you could ignore staff.
His shtick got old a year ago.
But I guess he has to work double time since his biggest fan is banned.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aren't you guys tired of the Libertarian / BeeKeeper pissing match yet?

Just fucking let it go already.  Both sides.

Numbfucks.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Numbfucks.

gonoles

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Maj-Gen-John-Nichols-on-Texas-Border-Security-072114_Dallas-Fort-Worth-267982631.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Operation "Strong Safety" or something or another to go to the border and assist the border patrol! Press conference is live now.  

"Strong Safety" was in 2013.

Did the State Guard actually get activated? I doubt it - probably just the TXNG, a different outfit altogether.
TAG Nichols specifically said in the press conference today that elements of the TXSG would also be mobilized.

Link, please? I need to look into this asap.

TXSG doesn't really do border guard stuff these days, since they stripped MP from our list of roles in the early 1990's. Mostly medical/disaster relief/shelter, though we do a little training on security now and then. Depends heavily on the unit. For the haters, the state gets a considerable return for their minor investment in the TXSG, but since the hurricane machine has been aimed elsewhere, you won't hear anything about us.

Like us or not, we serve when called on.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Maj-Gen-John-Nichols-on-Texas-Border-Security-072114_Dallas-Fort-Worth-267982631.html

Nothing groundbreaking there.

If you listen, they don't even have a mission yet.  Which is ok, gotta start somewhere.

But the TAG is necessarily risk averse.  You won't see TXSG contributing in a meaningful way.  If anything, they don't have 1,000 NG bodies available and are using TXSG to bolster that magic number.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I just heard this on WTOP (biggest news station in DC).  No bias and included Perry's statement about the dire situation.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:43:04 PM EDT
[#6]
You can not even imagine how much the folks in the RGV are looking forward to this - http://www.krgv.com/news/rio-grande-city-mayor-welcomes-national-guard-deployment/
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:44:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit just got real.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:47:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You can not even imagine how much the folks in the RGV are looking forward to this - http://www.krgv.com/news/rio-grande-city-mayor-welcomes-national-guard-deployment/
View Quote

Duh!  Paid vaca to the RGV, this is as good as spring break on Padre for the local economies!!
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 4:53:58 PM EDT
[#9]
The TX militia is getting called up? Jesus there is going to be a run on Tactical tailor, 2XL multicam and Oakleys now....
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:13:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Perry is moving in the right direction.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:18:28 PM EDT
[#11]
It's going to be interesting to see how La Raza reacts to this.  I imagine initially it's going to be a lot of "Es racisto!" going on and calls for total amnesty in the face of this fundamental unfairness that is sickitatin' to all those of a progressive mindset but if Perry and the other governors in the border states hold their ground it will change to "Oye, ese, maybe we can work something out..."

That's the question, will these politicians have the guts to spend the money and suffer the slings and arrows sure to be flung at them from the libtard left?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Huh?  You are a Republican who is butt hurt over another party's platform being quoted?  I'm Republican, because it is the closest thing to my politics that actually has a snowball's chance in hell of making it, but that seems to be changing.

At least you spelled "entendre" correctly, even if you didn't use it correctly.   Not all double entendres are of a sexual nature.

Or are you a Libertarian who denies it when convenient?   I'm a conservative libertarian who wouldn't dream of joining the Libertarian party until it dumps the isolationist, non-interventionist nonsense.

Trick question--have you ever heard of a guy named Ron Paul? Yeah, he's a bit of a nutter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing like a 14 year old policy statement to hurt someone's credibility, eh?

Besides, most of the libertarians on this site are not Libertarians.  My nearly 100% Republican party voting record, former Republican party official self included.  

But you keep on banging that drum while we watch Operation "Hands in Our Pockets."  Yes, that's a double entendre.

Huh?  You are a Republican who is butt hurt over another party's platform being quoted?  I'm Republican, because it is the closest thing to my politics that actually has a snowball's chance in hell of making it, but that seems to be changing.

At least you spelled "entendre" correctly, even if you didn't use it correctly.   Not all double entendres are of a sexual nature.

Or are you a Libertarian who denies it when convenient?   I'm a conservative libertarian who wouldn't dream of joining the Libertarian party until it dumps the isolationist, non-interventionist nonsense.

Trick question--have you ever heard of a guy named Ron Paul? Yeah, he's a bit of a nutter.

Not butt hurt.  Just irritated at the crusade against a third party that should be a natural partner to the Republican party, and by the looks of things, may end up being the eventual replacement of the Republican party.  The fact that they have dumped the open border policy as part of their platform bodes well, yet seems to escape so many here.  I find it irksome when their former policy position gets dragged out like shibboleth.  If they ever dump the isolationist bullshit, I may very well jump ship for them.

Based on what I've read here, you usually a pretty level headed guy, TBK.  When it comes to the Libertarians, however, I have to wonder if one of them kicked you in the shin and stole your lunch money, because you start . . . well, it's almost as if you're channeling another member here who was banned (temporarily?) for trying to goad people into stepping on their dicks and getting banned.

In case you're wondering, Operation Hands in Our Pockets - They're spending tax money to, I suspect, stand around and play pocket pool.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#13]
What if he started hauling them to NYC, SF and DC?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#14]
He is doing what he can within the law.  You know, the thing the conservatives follow and liberals don't.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:35:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Operation strong safety?

What happens when Mexico runs the Baylor offense and goes deep? Does Oklahoma have a plan??
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#16]
.....and the President nationalizes them and takes the Gov's toys away....
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Your horseshit is truly underwhelming. The TXSG does all kinds of stuff that most would consider relevant. The do swiftwater rescue, help the Air Guard with maintenance, do disaster relief medical work, handle adjunct emergency coms...all kinds of shit.

I hope you never find yourself in a position of needing some of the stuff the TXSG does...and if you do...I hope there aren't any mirrors around.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The press conference did not say anything about transporting illegals to camps or bases. However, General Nichols did say that most guardsmen are trained in combat first aid and they would use that skill if needed.

Isn't the Texas State Guard an un-armed, all volunteer service that does well... nothing?

In sure they will hand out literally hundreds of pounds of water during this ordeal, and will wear their uniforms into every establishment within 300 miles on the hunt for 'attaboys.
Your horseshit is truly underwhelming. The TXSG does all kinds of stuff that most would consider relevant. The do swiftwater rescue, help the Air Guard with maintenance, do disaster relief medical work, handle adjunct emergency coms...all kinds of shit.

I hope you never find yourself in a position of needing some of the stuff the TXSG does...and if you do...I hope there aren't any mirrors around.

add to that kick the shit out of most all of the NG at the Governor's 20 competition.  In lets see, pistol, rifle, sniper and occasionally machine guns. I really hate uninformed individuals that can only see 15 yrs ago or forget how many active duty, USAR AND NG shit bags are out there and then bad mouth others. Try looking inward before judging others or knowing what they are talking about. Hell there was a NG soldier at the armory last week that would not meet TXSG H/W standard to even enlist with us, prob. by 15 to 20#, good lord. If TXSG go will they likely have a "non direct action" support role, ya probably; right along side NG doing same. TXSG will be on SAD just like NG soldiers and getting paid.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:44:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The TX militia is getting called up? Jesus there is going to be a run on Tactical tailor, 2XL multicam and Oakleys now....
View Quote

Where do I send donations?

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I guess it's a worthwhile symbolic step, but as above, anything short of "shoot the invaders" will have no effect on this.
View Quote

Open season on any cartel or smuggler by any US citizen would help a lot.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:51:55 PM EDT
[#20]
I also should have said catch the kids and send them back to there countries and dump them at an airport and let them figure it out. Sound harsh but the message will get there.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:52:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

add to that kick the shit out of most all of the NG at the Governor's 20 competition.  In lets see, pistol, rifle, sniper and occasionally machine guns. I really hate uninformed individuals that can only see 15 yrs ago or forget how many active duty, USAR AND NG shit bags are out there and then bad mouth others. Try looking inward before judging others or knowing what they are talking about. Hell there was a NG soldier at the armory last week that would not meet TXSG H/W standard to even enlist with us, prob. by 15 to 20#, good lord. If TXSG go will they likely have a "non direct action" support role, ya probably; right along side NG doing same. TXSG will be on SAD just like NG soldiers and getting paid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The press conference did not say anything about transporting illegals to camps or bases. However, General Nichols did say that most guardsmen are trained in combat first aid and they would use that skill if needed.

Isn't the Texas State Guard an un-armed, all volunteer service that does well... nothing?

In sure they will hand out literally hundreds of pounds of water during this ordeal, and will wear their uniforms into every establishment within 300 miles on the hunt for 'attaboys.

TXSG enlistment standards are really not something to banter about...

In the not too distant past it was "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses".

Eta:  Buuuuut they never allowed waivers for disqualifying arrest records like the Army did.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Are those up-armored Jeep Wranglers?!?! National Guard or Border Patrol?

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/07/21/After-Twelve-Years-Perry-Appears-to-be-Preparing-to-Deploy-Guard-to-Portions-of-the-Border

someone else pick up my slack and put the picture up.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:57:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Oh cool, dick swinging and only 20 years late at that.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Operation strong safety?

What happens when Mexico runs the Baylor offense and goes deep? Does Oklahoma have a plan??
View Quote

I think we could get in the game if we had too.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:59:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Operation "Strong Safety" or something or another to go to the border and assist the border patrol! Press conference is live now.  
View Quote
im one state over, and behind you all the way! considering how they are shipping their livestock.... i mean voters.... i mean those poor children all over the country, we should all be behind them

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:07:07 PM EDT
[#26]
When they drop the first invader let me know, until then . . . . meh
View Quote

^ This.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why would Obama not want this?  This is exactly what he would want.  The Texas NG is doing what Obama tasked the border patrol to do.  In fact it would not surprise me if Obama told Perry to do this.
View Quote

If Obungo wanted this, requested it, or was even OK with it, the press conference would have been held at the White House, as an Obungo trademark "I, I, I, me, me me" teleprompter script.  Obungo does NOT want this.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:35:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isnt the first time I have heard the Governors 20 being used as justification for the TXSG,  thats cool I guess.  My question is.....what the fuck does that matter when they will NEVER be handed a weapon as a tool?  Thats like a volunteer firefighter telling me he's shit hot because hes really good at building furniture.  Congrats, I guess.....

A couple of them are good at recreational shooting and im supposed to be impressed with a job they perform that has nothing to do with firearms?  Ive been to a TXSG drill before, so please just stop talking about enlistment standards, and more importantly, anything to do with height and weight.

Like has been said.  They will go down and play water boys for the TXANG (or even better, for the illegals).  The funny part of all this is that the TXANG are only going to be slightly less ineffective in the long run.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:10:53 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
This isnt the first time I have heard the Governors 20 being used as justification for the TXSG,  thats cool I guess.  My question is.....what the fuck does that matter when they will NEVER be handed a weapon as a tool?  Thats like a volunteer firefighter telling me he's shit hot because hes really good at building furniture.  Congrats, I guess.....

A couple of them are good at recreational shooting and im supposed to be impressed with a job they perform that has nothing to do with firearms?  Ive been to a TXSG drill before, so please just stop talking about enlistment standards, and more importantly, anything to do with height and weight.

Like has been said.  They will go down and play water boys for the TXANG (or even better, for the illegals).  The funny part of all this is that the TXANG are only going to be slightly less ineffective in the long run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Originally Posted By

Not everyone in the US mil uses a weapon either. Each has their place and it's good Texas has the SG.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:]Not everyone in the US mil uses a weapon either. Each has their place and it's good Texas has the SG.    
View Quote

Everyone in the Army is MTOE issued a weapon.  With that said, the point was that shooting isn't the only defining metric for those jobs that don't primarily rely on firearms, as seems to be the case presented every time with the TXSG.

You're right, they have their place.  All those illegals will need some water.

Lets just not get crazy with presenting just what the TXSG is and does, because it ain't much more than that.....coming from another Texan.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

gonoles

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Numbfucks.

gonoles

link ?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Everyone in the Army is MTOE issued a weapon.  With that said, the point was that shooting isn't the only defining metric for those jobs that don't primarily rely on firearms, as seems to be the case presented every time with the TXSG.

Lets just not get crazy with presenting just what the TXSG is and does, because it ain't much more than that.....coming from another Texan.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:]Not everyone in the US mil uses a weapon either. Each has their place and it's good Texas has the SG.    

Yeah and how many fobits are walking around on baf and never even come close to having to use their weapon? Shit, some border towns are just as dangerous as living on Bagram.

Don't be a dick, not everyone is a super high speed 99z...but the still put on the uniform and volunteer to go where they are needed.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Great step in the right direction but will anything actually come of it? Will they actually enforce the boarder or will they just help move them along to the camps?
View Quote

What, are they repelling boarders at the border?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:53:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
At least he is trying to get something done. I don't get the Perry hate.
View Quote

There is a hatred here by many for all things GOP, no matter what.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Someone inform me about Texas....

Texas was introduced into the US as a foreign nation, right?

Wouldn't there be exceptions to what Texas can and can not do since it used to be a foreign nation?

(Legitimately Curious here...)

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Wouldn't there be exceptions to what Texas can and can not do since it used to be a foreign nation?

Even if so that would have gone out the door post civil war.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quick answer...no.

Only one version of the constitution and it applies to all states.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:59:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yeah and how many fobits are walking around on baf and never even come close to having to use their weapon? Shit, some border towns are just as dangerous as living on Bagram.

Don't be a dick, not everyone is a super high speed 99z...but the still put on the uniform and volunteer to go where they are needed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They aren't going to do shit....except come back here and make up more high speed taskings.   "Was handed a walkie talkie" = operated a C2 communication nexus......"put bacitracin on a kids knee" = "conducted emergency medical operations....   I need some of these guys to come write NCOERs for me.

All I see is a multimillion dollar waste of state funds with nothing accomplished, aside from some good ol boys putting some miles on their uniforms OUTSIDE of the usual airports and IHOPS they hang out in.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
All I see is a multimillion dollar waste of state funds with nothing accomplished, aside from some good ol boys putting some miles on their uniforms OUTSIDE of the usual airports and IHOPS they hang out in.
View Quote

If the press runs with "military at the border" stories and it slows the flood and makes some think about not making the journey across, it would be worth it.

Wishful thinking, I know.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:05:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If the press runs with "military at the border" stories and it slows the flood and makes some think about not making the journey across, it would be worth it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This useless endeavor has been done several times before.  It didnt work then, it damn sure wont work when they know the feds will welcome them

Passive aggressive politics at its finest, at the cost of several million bucks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They aren't going to do shit....except come back here and make up more high speed taskings.   "Was handed a walkie talkie" = operated a C2 communication nexus......"put bacitracin on a kids knee" = "conducted emergency medical operations....   I need some of these guys to come write NCOERs for me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that any different then probably half the guys downrange? Who gives a shit? The mechanics working on the trucks, the guys running the apo, the unit running the ASP...same shit. They do a thankless job and get looked down upon and called pogs. ...but without them to do the "useless" jobs everything falls apart.

Don't be that guy that has to step on others to make yourself feel good.  Everyone has a job to do, some are more high speed than others but all are important.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And that any different then probably half the guys downrange? Who gives a shit? The mechanics working on the trucks, the guys running the apo, the unit running the ASP...same shit. They do a thankless job and get looked down upon and called pogs. ...but without them to do the "useless" jobs everything falls apart.

Don't be that guy that has to step on others to make yourself feel good.  Everyone has a job to do, some are more high speed than others but all are important.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Horseshit,  the guys downrange serve legitimate purposes, combat or not. My last trip a rocket hit the DFAC and killed three cooks.  Please stop using this analogy, they aren't even remotely similar.

The TXSG generally performs the same function a brownie troop could pull off, and they get paid to do it.  Texas doesn't have to pay people to hand out water and get in the way.  Im sure they could find plenty of people to do that for free.

Again, the whole thing is bullshit pandering.  "Look! Were doing something! Money was spent, so something was done!"
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#43]

Brother I've been there, I got it.  Life sucks downrange and it's a small band of brothers you rely on to get by. But while we're downrange we still need someone to watch out of the home front.

The politics suck, it got it.  But don't blame the guys are the ground volunteering to go do something about it.  The roe's downrange are a load of politics horseshit too but you don't demean the guys who still volunteer to go.

Hate the game not the player.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:22:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Brother I've been there, I got it.  Life sucks downrange and it's a small band of brothers you rely on to get by. But while we're downrange we still need someone to watch out of the home front.

The politics suck, it got it.  But don't blame the guys are the ground volunteering to go do something about it.  The roe's downrange are a load of politics horseshit too but you don't demean the guys who still volunteer to go.

View Quote

We have guys to watch it, and they are called the Texas Army National Guard.

Hang out for a few and listen in on a few TXSG conversations before you go white knighting them.  They are a bunch of clowns.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, he's doing more than any of the other fucksticks have done.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:24:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well, he's doing more than any of the other fucksticks have done.
View Quote

You're right.  He just spent 20 million dollars.

No what else is there on top of that?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Yea, shoot enough of them, and they'll stop coming.

Ain't gonna happen, though, so build the frigging fence already.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It is a good start but anyone they catch will have to be turned over to the Border Patrol if they will even take them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Serious question. Are they allowed to prevent the people from getting here? Or are they additional transportation for BP to use to get people to camps ?
They said they will be patrolling.  

It is a good start but anyone they catch will have to be turned over to the Border Patrol if they will even take them.

Why do they have to turn them over?
They should take them 100 miles east or west and dump em back across the border at a crossing.

Yeah, most will try again but moving them to an unfamiliar area will make the return trip a bit harder. Plus, coyotes cost money, the border crossers don't have a lot of it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:25:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yea, shoot enough of them, and they'll stop coming.

Ain't gonna happen, though, so build the frigging fence already.
View Quote

Neither is happening, so what is about to be accomplished aside from $20 million being spent?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Hang out for a few and listen in on a few TXSG conversations before you go white knighting them.  They are a bunch of clowns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was in the state guard before I went active so I have a pretty good understanding.  It's a civil affairs unit, its a different beast altogether.  

I understand where you're coming from but you also need to understand that you can't judge a unit by one jacked up squad either.

Regardless,  stay safe brother and keep your head down.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top