Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:48:20 PM EDT
[#1]
one thing I saw on the website is that, for older model guns, however it does not say which guns and models those are. it shows the piston being rotated for suppressed or not suppressed.  if this is the case would that cause the symptoms? I would post it but it does not link. it is on this page. I really doubted it could be something simple like this but. hell.  it shows a picture under gas piston orientation. pof technical

** saw that you followed their instructions putting it together after cleaning** so most likely this is ruled out and for early model guns.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
paging Larue... paging Larue...

now would be a great chance to get some EPIC internet free publicity and trade this man for his POS, i mean POF rifle and trade him for a new larue OBR and get him a working rifle.

POF has always been over priced shit. sorry to hear you got burned op. maybe file a small claims suit against the local FFL?
View Quote

Lol what...?

I want a free OBR too... I've got tons of things I'd trade for one.

Come on now...
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
My brand new POF shipped with a ruined barrel. Couldn't hit paper twice at 100 yards. They told me it was my ammo....  fuck POF.
View Quote

POS, where each and every customer is a red-headed step-child.

It's worth $500, purely scrap weight. High end weapons come from LaRue, L'dub, LMT, KAC, etc. etc.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

now would be a great chance to get some EPIC internet free publicity and trade this man for his POS, i mean POF rifle and trade him for a new larue OBR and get him a working rifle.

POF has always been over priced shit. sorry to hear you got burned op. maybe file a small claims suit against the local FFL?
View Quote

LaRue already has a contest every month and gives a rifle away.  Not sure LaRue needs any more publicity.  

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Lol what...?

Come on now...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol what...?

Come on now...

Yeah, Larue is not in the business of giving away free rifles or taking on shit rifles as trades.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#6]
wow, sorry for posting a fucking idea. internet, serious bidness.

the 3 posters above can <insert numerous coc violations here>

ESAD.

Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:23:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ESAD.

View Quote

hush now child.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#8]
What the hell did I say?

Sheesh, POS owners.................
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Should have bought a REPR
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Should have bought a REPR
View Quote

Abso-freakin-lutely....................
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But that cant be!!! They say they test fire every rifle before they send it out like they did with mine. When I first got my rifle I could easily tell it had been fired which made me happy cause I knew my gun should work. Boy was I wrong
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My brand new POF shipped with a ruined barrel. Couldn't hit paper twice at 100 yards. They told me it was my ammo....  fuck POF.

But that cant be!!! They say they test fire every rifle before they send it out like they did with mine. When I first got my rifle I could easily tell it had been fired which made me happy cause I knew my gun should work. Boy was I wrong

They told me the same thing. Don't get to worked up on it. I told you a couple of days ago to sell it and get something worth while like an LMT or LWRC. Less of a headache.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Here is a novel idea, how about you put it in a box and send back to POF?

Crazy huh?

You are getting some dumbshit advice here.

Listen to me:

Send it back, allow POF to replace the rifle.
View Quote

If they will replace it I'd take that offer OP. Not sure they will, but if you can get them to do that sell it as NIB and buy something else.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:53:20 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm late to the party...whats going on in here?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 9:14:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh man, I can't understand why you're getting so much shit OP. And I'm really sorry for your troubles, but that video was hilarious. I thought to myself "now here is a man with a grudge!", buying hundreds of dollars of ammo and mags to really drive the point home.

I really hope this gets fixed for you. I can't see that you were doing anything wrong.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:10:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I really wanna hope pof makes this right. I really liked them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:16:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I really wanna hope pof makes this right. I really liked them.
View Quote

I did too.

I still remember fondling their wares at their first SHOT show  (04? 06?) and really liking what I saw.

It takes years to build trust, a few bad decisions get posted to light to trash it. Ask troy.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:34:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

ESAD.

View Quote

He has done it before, but right now they are burried in orders and is NOT going to make paying customers wait.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#18]
I still don't understand who spends $4K on a fucking POF!?!?!  I mean that's KAC SR-25 EC territory.....that's $1k plus more than an LMT MWS.....wow just wow.  Good luck OP.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:04:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The FFL Dealer I bought the gun from is the main reason my gun has not been sent back cause he personally tested the rifle and said it worked but only with certain rounds and that I need to find the perfect bullet that works with the gun. A lot of people in this thread have told me that's bullshit and I never believed a word he said anyway since some of the bullets he sold me that he claims work with the gun do not work

View Quote

Did you tell him that?  "I tried the ammo I bought from you that you said would work and it didn't.  Here's the video of me using it.  Send the rifle back for repair or give me my money back."
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:25:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Wow,I see nothing has changed.I had the same experience with POF when they were selling just uppers in 5.56(the early days). It wouldn't run on any gas setting or with any ammo,POF replaced that upper with a new one that would consistently fail to extract. Turned out (after some troubleshooting)the replacement had a burr in the chamber,after some difficulty with the "gentleman" in charge of CS at the time POF sent me another. I promptly sold it and vowed never again. POF=POS

POF owes OP a full refund. Nothing less.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:16:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I almost bought a POF once until I field stripped the bolt and could not get the cotter pin back in the second hole.  The holes for the pin were mis-aligned out of spec.  

Took a good 20 minutes and some needle nose pliers to put it back together.  The points of the pin were mangled too before even trying to get it back in.  It looked like someone took a hammer to them to force them into the 2nd hole.  
View Quote

The cotter pin on mine after I fired no more then 10 rounds through the rifle was so bad the guy at the gun shop had to put it in a vice grip and bend it back for a good 10 mins, then it took another good 10 mins or so to get the thing back in. He then had me go shoot the gun to see if that is why it never worked and it failed miserably so that day was the first time we sent the rifle back to POF.

He took another POF off the shelf that was brand new and took that one out to see what was going on with mine and it took him forever to get that back in as well.

POF told me over the phone that its normal and that the cotter pin would have to be replaced every 1000 rounds or so. It took me a good ol fashioned 10 rounds
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:31:51 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

snip

POF told me over the phone that its normal and that the cotter pin would have to be replaced every 1000 rounds or so. It took me a good ol fashioned 10 rounds

View Quote
To... put it in perspective, my M-16A2 in the Marines probably got over 20k rounds on it just from me.

Who knows how many tens of thousands were on it before that.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:49:57 AM EDT
[#23]

What a public relations nightmare for POF.  

You can't offer rifles at a premium prices and have something like this fester.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:41:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Here is all the stuff I got out of the chamber after I used a power drill to scrub and knock loose everything. Only took 3 cleaning patches and look how clean by the last one
upload images free" />

I also uploaded video of me doing the brushing with drill and also brushing adjustable gas setting area with power drill on the first post of this thread

Also added a video of me installing the piston system correctly so when I make my video this afternoon people cant say its not set right

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:46:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I just finished cleaning the rifle 100 percent, piston system taken apart, BCG, trigger assembly, power drill with brush in the chamber, power drill in the piston system where the gas tube is, buffer tube/spring so people know what kind I have, all the rags, qtips, pads that I used, tools used everything.

All of this on video, all photographed up close.

I have to go to work now till midnight so when I get off work I will make a video and include pictures so tomorrow when I fire the gun no one can call bullshit on it being dirty, chamber, trigger, barrel, piston system, buffer tube, BCG anything 100 percent perfect, gun looks like its never even been fired.

Also I made video of me installing the piston/gas system and showing the different settings and putting it in perfect just like POF shows
View Quote

You forgot one thing..... You did not piss on it to assert your dominance.

Seriously.. I hope it works, I don't have faith but I have hope.  But it should not ever ever take this much work to make a rifle go bang like it should.  I hope it gets resolved.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:59:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Currently writing a email to the owner of Red Rock Defense

I am kindly going to ask him to come to these forums and explain to all you why my rifle will only work with certain rounds and the reason why I need to find the right round that works with the rifle.

Also asking him what his magical secret was to get the American Eagle ammo that did not work for me in the video to work for him  cause that is one of the rounds he tested, the other rounds he tried he just straight up told me will not work with my rifle cause of this mysterious magpul issue that POF talked to him about but will not talk with me about??

I am almost to just post my emails I sent to POF and let you all read them.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:08:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I am kindly going to ask him to come to these forums and explain to all you why my rifle will only work with certain rounds and the reason why I need to find the right round that works with the rifle.

Also asking him what his magical secret was to get the American Eagle ammo that did not work for me in the video to work for him  cause that is one of the rounds he tested, the other rounds he tried he just straight up told me will not work with my rifle cause of this mysterious magpul issue that POF talked to him about but will not talk with me about??

I am almost to just post my emails I sent to POF and let you all read them.
View Quote

Well fuck.
I wanted a 14.5 one
This is a tagscribe
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:40:23 AM EDT
[#28]
The "working with certain rounds" is BS. If it's loaded to SAAMI specs, it should work in the rifle. Sad to hear that you are getting jerked around by POF and the FFL you bought it from.

A lot of FFLs, once they get their MSRP on the firearm, don't care about you. They will tell you to take it up with the manufacturer. Some rightfully so.  Yours once he "test fired it" put himself in the mix. He should have just said for you to handle it with the manufacturer.

If there was a way and you felt comfortable doing so, you should take the gas block off and see if the gas port is partially obstructed.
Long distance diagnosis are hard to make. You have gotten a lot of good poop here. Hope it pays off.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:56:19 AM EDT
[#29]
Ok just read all of this. Wheeew! Really pulling for you OP. Sucks your getting lots of clown answers in here as well. Seriously This is some BS your going through. Watched your vid and I feel for you though smacking the mag was amusing.

I'm not the expert in here as some, but I'd say it's a gassing issue (port is under sized) or there is something out of spec with the bolt or chamber as some have speculated.

As far as the so called "limp wristing" that's stupid. By the time the gun/ receiver would start moving back "stealing energy from the bolt" the bolt would already be mostly cycled back anyhow.

In the end, if POF doesn't respond, I'd drive the six hours and show up at their door expecting answers. Not counting the scope the gun was close to $3k yes?
Before taking a loss i would maybe try enlisting a Smith that knows something about piston AR's

Hope my POF bolt catches don't have any problems in my two AR15's..
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:59:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I slapped the magazine like that cause POF said that was why my gun may have not been working over the phone lol. That or holding the magazine. So I slapped the mag all the time to make fun of that

I will go all out with this situation once I make my new video today and do all the things people say I may have been doing wrong in first video. Then there will be nothing to argue about except give me my money back I hope
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:04:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ok just read all of this. Wheeew! Really pulling for you OP. Sucks your getting lots of clown answers in here as well. Seriously This is some BS your going through. Watched your vid and I feel for you though smacking the mag was amusing.

I'm not the expert in here as some, but I'd say it's a gassing issue (port is under sized) or there is something out of spec with the bolt or chamber as some have speculated.

As far as the so called "limp wristing" that's stupid. By the time the gun/ receiver would start moving back "stealing energy from the bolt" the bolt would already be mostly cycled back anyhow.

In the end, if POF doesn't respond, I'd drive the six hours and show up at their door expecting answers. Not counting the scope the gun was close to $3k yes?
Before taking a loss i would maybe try enlisting a Smith that knows something about piston AR's

Hope my POF bolt catches don't have any problems in my two AR15's..
View Quote

An AR is a locking bolt design. The receiver has to feel the effects of the recoil before the bolt has left battery otherwise it wouldn't be locked.

I also want to say that I hope the OP finds closure in this matter
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:54:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
To... put it in perspective, my M-16A2 in the Marines probably got over 20k rounds on it just from me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

uh.. a part on a rifle is only good for a thousand rounds? yea that would pretty much blow.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#33]
I have been looking hard at POF but not any more. screw this.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm late to the party...whats going on in here?
View Quote

Reading.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:02:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for letting us now about POF's customer service. I guess I will take them off of my buy list.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:18:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
uh.. a part on a rifle is only good for a thousand rounds? yea that would pretty much blow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

They seriously told you that?  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:29:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Subscribed. I never had any problems with my P308 (except for a lil carrier tilt) but couldn't deal with the weight. That thing was a heavy sumbitch.

Hope it all works out for you one way or another, OP.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Wow, I was just about to buy the exact same rifle as you OP.... That probably ain't going to happen now.... I can't wait to see what happens with this, I wish you luck!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:31:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Thanks for letting us now about POF's customer service. I guess I will take them off of my buy list.
View Quote

Is this POF's customer service or Red Rock Defense's customer service?

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#40]
I am unclear on something:  
1.  Did you send the rifle back to POF?
2.  Did it make it to POF or did the gun shop intercept and lube it up?

and what happened to the video?  the link is not working.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#41]
These might be a dumb things to ask, but that's never stopped me:

Do you have a way of measuring the diameter of the gas ports on the adjustable knob?  

Is there anyone locally with a rifle that you can switch uppers with for a range trip?

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Drive up north a few hours and find a gun store that doesn't lie to you.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#43]
DPMS LR 308 - Oracle - 576 rounds and not one FTF, takes P-Mags and goes bang every time - $975.00.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

What magical force ejects the brass after the bolt unlocks?

It's pretty simple first year physics.

Object A is designed to stay stationary
Object B is designed to reciprocate inside of object A a set distance.

If object A is propelled in the same direction of travel as object B then the overall distance needed to be traveled by object B is going to be farther and require more energy. Energy transmitted to the bolt is a function of your dwell time, move the gas port towards the reciever if you want to shoot the gun like your scared of the recoil, otherwise shoulder the bitch like a man and kill shit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every gun I own I have shot at one time or another without it shouldered, 12 gauge, AR, mini 14. Why does this one have to be shouldered in order for it to work???

After you spend over 2,000 dollars on a gun do you have to shoulder fire it 100 percent of the time???

That gun should work shouldered or not, it isn't blowback operated. There is definitely something wrong.

What magical force ejects the brass after the bolt unlocks?

It's pretty simple first year physics.

Object A is designed to stay stationary
Object B is designed to reciprocate inside of object A a set distance.

If object A is propelled in the same direction of travel as object B then the overall distance needed to be traveled by object B is going to be farther and require more energy. Energy transmitted to the bolt is a function of your dwell time, move the gas port towards the reciever if you want to shoot the gun like your scared of the recoil, otherwise shoulder the bitch like a man and kill shit.

Only except that the AR is not recoil operated.....

Idiots gonna idiot...

The bolt is being pushed by a rod, which is being pushed by gas.....a hole lotta PSI gas....

Shoulder fired or hip fired, it will cycle either way if it is a properly working gun.

Go back to your Glocks. Your not needed here.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am in for $20 to get the OP a bandsaw

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:37:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

you know what maybe it was 10,000 rounds they said. Lets pretend that it was 10,000. Anyway why after my first 10 or so rounds was my cotter pin that holds the firing pin in place mangled so bad it had to be vice gripped cause it was bent unlike any cotter pin I have seen, I have taken apart at least 1,000 m16 bolts in my 14 years in the army and never had 1 pin jacked up.  I may have made myself believe they said 1,000 cause of that.

Turns out the guy at Red Rock Defense(the ffl I bought the rifle from) does not even work there any more, I have his cell phone number and will give him a call and let him tell his side of the story to be fair. That will be later today cause right now I am getting my to do list ready for when I go out and shoot the rifle cleaned 1,00000 percent and do it perfect this time. I hope the rifle works but based on past history I am not going to hold my breath
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:06:14 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Ruger SR 762. While any manufacturer can produce a lemon from time to time, the fact that POF refuses to resolve the issue to your satisfaction
is disturbing- a $4000.00 gun should come with good concierge service.
View Quote

If I drop $4k on a rifle, it should not only function perfectly, it should make my fucking lunch, brew me a pot of coffee, and maybe fondle my junk a little before I leave for the range.
Non-functioning $4k guns, WTF...
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Only except that the AR is not recoil operated.....

Idiots gonna idiot...

The bolt is being pushed by a rod, which is being pushed by gas.....a hole lotta PSI gas....

Shoulder fired or hip fired, it will cycle either way if it is a properly working gun.

Go back to your Glocks. Your not needed here.
View Quote

maybe . . . I think it can contribute to a malfunction.  but ill ask my engineering friends.

The real problem is when you are going to post a video showing issues and all out a company you should be putting a case together that eliminates all the variables and narrows the potential causation.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Before ammo prices went up that would be a day at the gravel pit.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top