BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:52:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had all sorts of issues with a POF 9.25" upper, wouldn't run for shit. Tried a bunch of different ammo, wouldn't run. Called POF, they asked what ammo I was running. Said wolf and prvi. They told me it was my ammo that was the issue. Went out the next weekend with their American made suggestions, LC M193 and M855. Surprise surprise, still wouldn't run.

Called them back, they said to mail it to them. Before I did I made a mark on the bolt and on the inside of the upper. Mailed it back. Two weeks later I get the upper back, with a nice note that says they checked it out, ran fine, must have been my ammo/lower.

Check for the marks, shocking, they are gone. They switched uppers on me. Promptly sold it and have never bought another of  their piece of shit uppers, and have told people the same. I don't care if their upper had issues, but don't lie to me. If you lie to your customer, you don't deserve my money. And I'll let others know that as well.

View Quote

Holy shit, that's a hell of a way to treat a customer.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Like others are saying here, you probably have something wrong with your gas system....or buffer system.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I had to meet the you tube 10 minute video requirement for fast video processing so I didn't have time to take a well placed shoulder fired shot every round. Trust me the gun works the same shouldered or not
View Quote
Join date.....post count.....I'm gonna go with "no" on this one.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Make sure to check the magnets.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:57:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What magical force ejects the brass after the bolt unlocks?

It's pretty simple first year physics.

Object A is designed to stay stationary
Object B is designed to reciprocate inside of object A a set distance.

If object A is propelled in the same direction of travel as object B then the overall distance needed to be traveled by object B is going to be farther and require more energy. Energy transmitted to the bolt is a function of your dwell time, move the gas port towards the reciever if you want to shoot the gun like your scared of the recoil, otherwise shoulder the bitch like a man and kill shit.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Every gun I own I have shot at one time or another without it shouldered, 12 gauge, AR, mini 14. Why does this one have to be shouldered in order for it to work???

After you spend over 2,000 dollars on a gun do you have to shoulder fire it 100 percent of the time???

That gun should work shouldered or not, it isn't blowback operated. There is definitely something wrong.

If object A is propelled in the same direction of travel as object B then the overall distance needed to be traveled by object B is going to be farther and require more energy. Energy transmitted to the bolt is a function of your dwell time, move the gas port towards the reciever if you want to shoot the gun like your scared of the recoil, otherwise shoulder the bitch like a man and kill shit.

14 years army, 2 tours in Iraq, stop calling me a bitch and trying to troll. Gun should work shouldered or not

Here is me making a c4/203 grenade cake from old shit the seals left behind and then what the ground looked like afterwards

href=http://s18.postimg.org/mrm00j5y1/IMG_2249.jpg click image upload" />

href=http://s27.postimg.org/tmzkkjfc3/IMG_2258.jpg image hosting sites" />

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:57:27 PM EDT
[#6]
wrong buffer and spring?  google search seems like POF has a lot of problems with ftf  fte.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Every gun I own I have shot at one time or another without it shouldered, 12 gauge, AR, mini 14. Why does this one have to be shouldered in order for it to work???

After you spend over 2,000 dollars on a gun do you have to shoulder fire it 100 percent of the time???

That gun should work shouldered or not, it isn't blowback operated. There is definitely something wrong.

Arfcom Physics: Always a laugh.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:00:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I recently bought a 14.5" POF 308 ... Mine runs great and has had zero malfunctions

Hope you get it sorted out
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:01:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I want to go out and buy a new buffer and spring and a bunch of other shit to test it out but I paid 3k for a gun, they say that it works perfect but look at the video, why should I need to go out and buy a bunch of stuff to replace when its brand new??

Switching out the buffer tube and spring will be the first thing I do if POF does not fix the gun for me. So far they wont fix it so I will most likely end up having to do it myself
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They tell me that about the ammo also, they said  if it works great with American eagle, pmc bronze and wolf then it should work great with everything else. But the guy at the gun shop tells me the opposite saying if I buy a farari then I should not put cheap gas in it so that's why in the video I use cheap ammo and expensive ammo. I will admit that the first 4 rounds I shot from it when I got it back the gun worked with American eagle ammo but bolt never locked back once, now American eagle just sticks in the gun and will not come out after I fire
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had all sorts of issues with a POF 9.25" upper, wouldn't run for shit. Tried a bunch of different ammo, wouldn't run. Called POF, they asked what ammo I was running. Said wolf and prvi. They told me it was my ammo that was the issue. Went out the next weekend with their American made suggestions, LC M193 and M855. Surprise surprise, still wouldn't run.

Called them back, they said to mail it to them. Before I did I made a mark on the bolt and on the inside of the upper. Mailed it back. Two weeks later I get the upper back, with a nice note that says they checked it out, ran fine, must have been my ammo/lower.

Check for the marks, shocking, they are gone. They switched uppers on me. Promptly sold it and have never bought another of  their piece of shit uppers, and have told people the same. I don't care if their upper had issues, but don't lie to me. If you lie to your customer, you don't deserve my money. And I'll let others know that as well.

They tell me that about the ammo also, they said  if it works great with American eagle, pmc bronze and wolf then it should work great with everything else. But the guy at the gun shop tells me the opposite saying if I buy a farari then I should not put cheap gas in it so that's why in the video I use cheap ammo and expensive ammo. I will admit that the first 4 rounds I shot from it when I got it back the gun worked with American eagle ammo but bolt never locked back once, now American eagle just sticks in the gun and will not come out after I fire

Sorry you got stuck with their piece of shit, but I'd tell you the same everyone else who ever came in the shop when I worked a gun counter. For that kind of money I'd buy something from a company I trust, like LMT or LWRC. I've owned both, and have never had an issue with either. I'd throw the POF on gun broker and never look back. Or see if they will buy it back.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hilarious.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hilarious.

And this was only four or five years ago. Don't people know that shit like that will get posted online? I might not be the sharpest cookie in the box, but don't lie to me. If your shit had issues and you couldn't figure it out, tell me that. I'd at least respect that. Well, wouldn't make me all warm and fuzzy if you can't figure out why your shit doesn't work. But I understand sometimes shit happens.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:04:24 PM EDT
[#12]
I just read their warranty page, it say 3 year warranty, so with your video proof that have to fix it,
Quoted:
I want to go out and buy a new buffer and spring and a bunch of other shit to test it out but I paid 3k for a gun, they say that it works perfect but look at the video, why should I need to go out and buy a bunch of stuff to replace when its brand new??

Switching out the buffer tube and spring will be the first thing I do if POF does not fix the gun for me. So far they wont fix it so I will most likely end up having to do it myself
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:05:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I certainly wouldn't buy ANYTHING from POF, if this is how they treat their customers.

$3-4k could have bought a very nice LaRue rifle, and Mark wouldn't have put the OP through this shit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:06:21 PM EDT
[#14]
I will sell the gun for 2,000 dollars straight up right now, that's 700 less then I paid for it. I am sick of losing sleep at night and trying to get POF to listen.

If I put the gun on gun broker and showed the video I made and also explained whats going on would anyone still buy it???

I would feel like a asshole selling this gun to someone, even a stranger with these problems

POF never once has returned my emails, I sent 4 so far, and they are all detailed long emails I spent at least a hour each on. I want this documented so I can show people but they only talk on the phone!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:07:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Try an Armatite
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:07:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just read their warranty page, it say 3 year warranty, so with your video proof that have to fix it,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should, but at what cost? I had to pay to mail mine back, the OP should get his shipping paid for.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I will sell the gun for 2,000 dollars straight up right now, that's 700 less then I paid for it. I am sick of losing sleep at night and trying to get POF to listen.

If I put the gun on gun broker and showed the video I made and also explained whats going on would anyone still buy it???

I would feel like a asshole selling this gun to someone, even a stranger with these problems

POF never once has returned my emails, I sent 4 so far, and they are all detailed long emails I spent at least a hour each on. I want this documented so I can show people but they only talk on the phone!!!
View Quote

Yes someone will buy it, because there's only a few things it could be, which you should be able to fix yourself.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#18]
LWRC is laughing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Honestly man I just paid $1530 shipped for mine ... brand new 14.5" P308 from buds

It seems a few places are clearing out the Gen 3 POF rifles for the newer Gen 4

I don't think you'll get near 2k unless it's a Gen 4

Hate to hear about your issues because mine has ran flawless with pmc, lake city and other surplus 7.62 ammo

EDIT: Price raised a bit since I got mine it's at $1796 @ buds (14.5" version)
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:15:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No i don't sig brace, I have happy switches and a vltor stock on my 10.5 m16

Bro

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I had to meet the you tube 10 minute video requirement for fast video processing so I didn't have time to take a well placed shoulder fired shot every round. Trust me the gun works the same shouldered or not

Go take video of firing it shouldered and then come back and post it.

Shoulder firing should not be the cause of the problem.  Do you even sig brace bro

OP what buffer and spring do you have in the rifle?

Bro

Uhh aren't you in Wa state?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I do not know what buffer spring it has, I can take pictures and post them I guess. Like I said in the video, usually the brass casings get stuck in the gun 90 percent of the time. maybe since I was not shoulder firing it they actually ejected a lot in the video.

Fuck it I will just go and make a video with the rifle against my shoulder. I always have fun with AR style rifles shooting from hip and one arming it and messing around stuff so I did not know that you had to have this gun shouldered to fire it. I guarantee you know a lot more then I do about these guns since this is my first so I will make a video of it not working just the same cause before I had to make this video I was getting my scope dialed in and shoulder fired it plenty and not one round reloaded.

If the gun was so perfect to begin with I wonder why POF had to replace shit when I sent it back the first time?
View Quote

I watched a guy have the same problems with his POF here in Wa state.

Sent it back and they said its just fine.

He got it back, same problem.

Personally I wont own one after his story.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Go buy a $3,000,   1911 and hold it like a pussy and let us know how well it works for you..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go buy a $3,000,   1911 and hold it like a pussy and let us know how well it works for you..

Rifle is gas operated (piston), 1911 (3 K or 300 dollar) is recoil operated. NOT the same thing. The rifle should operate with virtually no support.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:18:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rifle is gas operated (piston), 1911 (3 K or 300 dollar) is recoil operated.  The rifle should operate with virtually no support.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:18:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoulder firing should not be the cause of the problem.  Do you even sig brace bro

Bro

He's an ffl. He also likes to point that out in every thread he posts in.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:18:39 PM EDT
[#25]
I had the option to get the gen 4 one but it was a good 500-700 dollars more depending on what one. I just wanted a nice 308 and I could not find anything really horrible about POF online so I went for it. 3 months later and I still have not shot anything over 100 yards since I spend all my time trying to figure out the gun and find a bullet that works with it.

So far I have bought 7 kinds of ammo, I fucked up and bought a 500 round case of PMC and 500 round case of American Eagle and since then a few boxes of the other rounds and its added up to a lot of money.  Every round I buy does not work, so that is why I know its the gun and now I wonder how much I am going to have to pay to fix a brand new gun if this video just makes POF laugh which I am sure it will
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:20:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Rifle is gas operated (piston), 1911 (3 K or 300 dollar) is recoil operated.  The rifle should operate with virtually no support.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't believe people actually think you can limp wrist a fuckin ar.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:20:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm curious if you can actually make a post without bragging about being an ffl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro

I'm curious if you can actually make a post without bragging about being an ffl.

Ahh I was wondering why he would have a happy switch and an sbr so damn fast lol

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:21:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
LWRC is laughing.
View Quote

The guys with good-running accurate $900 DPMS .308s are laughing the loudest.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:21:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do not know what buffer spring it has, I can take pictures and post them I guess. Like I said in the video, usually the brass casings get stuck in the gun 90 percent of the time. maybe since I was not shoulder firing it they actually ejected a lot in the video.

Fuck it I will just go and make a video with the rifle against my shoulder. I always have fun with AR style rifles shooting from hip and one arming it and messing around stuff so I did not know that you had to have this gun shouldered to fire it. I guarantee you know a lot more then I do about these guns since this is my first so I will make a video of it not working just the same cause before I had to make this video I was getting my scope dialed in and shoulder fired it plenty and not one round reloaded.

If the gun was so perfect to begin with I wonder why POF had to replace shit when I sent it back the first time?

I was going to buy a POF .308, then I found a NIB sig 716 FTF deal so I went with that.
lucky me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:23:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I had the option to get the gen 4 one but it was a good 500-700 dollars more depending on what one. I just wanted a nice 308 and I could not find anything really horrible about POF online so I went for it. 3 months later and I still have not shot anything over 100 yards since I spend all my time trying to figure out the gun and find a bullet that works with it.

So far I have bought 7 kinds of ammo, I fucked up and bought a 500 round case of PMC and 500 round case of American Eagle and since then a few boxes of the other rounds and its added up to a lot of money.  Every round I buy does not work, so that is why I know its the gun and now I wonder how much I am going to have to pay to fix a brand new gun if this video just makes POF laugh which I am sure it will
View Quote

that's bullshit.
that gun should work fine the way you're shooting it, and POF should be ashamed of themselves.
keep this thread updated after you  send them a vid.
you should tell them to just give you a new upper.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:24:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I certainly wouldn't buy ANYTHING from POF, if this is how they treat their customers.

$3-4k could have bought a very nice LaRue rifle, and Mark wouldn't have put the OP through this shit.
View Quote

But when would he get it, 2016?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:28:16 PM EDT
[#32]
sorry to hear this brother i have one myself it runs perfectly both suppressed and unsuppressed.  Dont know what to tell ya.  Hope you can get it sorted out.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Should have bought a Larue.

Sorry you're getting fucked OP.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:32:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

that's bullshit.
that gun should work fine the way you're shooting it, and POF should be ashamed of themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's bullshit.

After I got my gun back the first time after it was supposedly fixed and I found out it was the exact same problems I called them and told them I wanted my money back since its a 30 day money back but it had been over a month by then cause it took around 2 weeks before I got to shoot it for first time and then around a week to get the gun shop guy to get it sent off and then around 2 weeks for POF to send it back. Then it took me a week before I shot it again so over 30 days.  I told them on the phone that since its broke still then I want my money back and they told me they want to make things right and to bring it to the gun shop I bought the gun from to have him look at it and he tested it and said it works with american eagle just fine but none of the longer high grain bullets, PMC BRONZE is 147 grain and its almost longest of the 7 but everyone says PMC works in POF and hes saying its to long for the magazine and wont work and I need to just find the right round so he told them it worked and they took his word for it and so I had to make this video.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:32:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#36]
I also ordered a suppressor from another gun shop in town the next day to go with the gun. Griffin armament recce 7 30cal to go with the gun and by the time the form 4 gets back I wonder if I will have my problems with gun fixed. If not I can just use the suppressor on my AR's in the meantime.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#37]
I still do not understand while the rifle is being fired in that manner.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Bro, don't take this the wrong way, but buying POF and Griffin means you need to take a hard look at what you consider a quality company.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Might try smoothing the bolt lugs just a little bit and lube it up good then shoot the hell out of it to finish breaking it in.

Will it eject an unfired shell easily?
View Quote

I put a unfired shell in it and think I did not let the bolt go forward fast enough and when I tried to pull the bolt back it was locked in so hard I had to use a flat head screwdriver to get the bolt unstuck. I had the range officer at the local gun range look at my gun to figure out what was going on and he put a full mag in and started ejecting the rounds 1 by 1 and looking at it and the gun fired with his finger nowhere near the trigger. I have told POF and the gunshop I bought gun from  that story and they call bullshit but after that happened he would not touch my gun and told me to return it right away. So when I tried doing it inside my house I was really careful to not let bolt go forward fast and I just jammed the thing so yeah the gun does eject unfired rounds
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:49:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Bro, don't take this the wrong way, but buying POF and Griffin means you need to take a hard look at what you consider a quality company.
View Quote

I do not take it the wrong way at all, this is my first 308, I have shot m240 machine guns a lot being in the army for 14 years and its my favorite weapon so I thought it would be nice to have a 308 semi auto AR style gun cause those bullets pack a punch. I did a good days worth of researching POF and could not find much wrong with the company so I went for it.

Now I am being told that griffin sucks and I fucked up  on my suppressor. Where is the most reputable place to research guns before I buy them that you use? I made a big mistake I know but I do not want to do it again
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:53:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#42]
sick looking bolt gun.  

seriously, sorry to hear about your troubles.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Might try smoothing the bolt lugs just a little bit and lube it up good then shoot the hell out of it to finish breaking it in.

Will it eject an unfired shell easily?
View Quote

About the breaking in thing, I am sure you have done this before and was wondering if you have had a brand new gun that did not work like this and just forcing like what 100-200 rounds through it could fix the problems? I estimate it has 200 rounds put through it so far so maybe another 200 has fixed these problems? I will shoot another 200 rounds through this if  people say that its taken 400 rounds or so to make a gun work. POF told me that I should shoot a few hundred rounds through it to get it to work but they also told me they shot 100 rounds without a single problem when I sent it in to be fixed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

After I got my gun back the first time after it was supposedly fixed and I found out it was the exact same problems I called them and told them I wanted my money back since its a 30 day money back but it had been over a month by then cause it took around 2 weeks before I got to shoot it for first time and then around a week to get the gun shop guy to get it sent off and then around 2 weeks for POF to send it back. Then it took me a week before I shot it again so over 30 days.  I told them on the phone that since its broke still then I want my money back and they told me they want to make things right and to bring it to the gun shop I bought the gun from to have him look at it and he tested it and said it works with american eagle just fine but none of the longer high grain bullets, PMC BRONZE is 147 grain and its almost longest of the 7 but everyone says PMC works in POF and hes saying its to long for the magazine and wont work and I need to just find the right round so he told them it worked and they took his word for it and so I had to make this video.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's bullshit.

once again, I'm calling BS on POF. that rifle should function with any .308 round you can chamber.
any of my ARs fire from the hip or otherwise ( I've had bad mags, and after I clear it I hip fire a couple).
where are you in UT, and what shop are you dealing with?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:59:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Now, that is funny. Nice job...  

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:59:43 PM EDT
[#46]
That's TERRIBLE!!

I don't know what to tell you that you probably haven't already thought of.

Gas plug bad?

Gas block not installed over the hole properly, loose, etc.?

Magazine catch bad?

Incorrect buffer installed(?)..........their site says you can use the carbine buffer in a .308 only if you have the 7 position stock.

If POF doesn't fix this after your video then they suck and this should go viral.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:00:15 AM EDT
[#47]
In all seriousness. I've seen this issue with 2 LaRue Costa rifles. It was the recoil spring both times.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:00:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:01:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

About the breaking in thing, I am sure you have done this before and was wondering if you have had a brand new gun that did not work like this and just forcing like what 100-200 rounds through it could fix the problems? I estimate it has 200 rounds put through it so far so maybe another 200 has fixed these problems? I will shoot another 200 rounds through this if  people say that its taken 400 rounds or so to make a gun work. POF told me that I should shoot a few hundred rounds through it to get it to work but they also told me they shot 100 rounds without a single problem when I sent it in to be fixed.
View Quote

I don't believe them.

It should function well after all the rounds you have fired.

I never realized POF was this bad a company.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:02:07 AM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Do this and get them involved.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top