Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Posted: 7/19/2014 9:52:49 PM EDT
September 3rd 2014, Still nothing resolved except now POF has my rifle and I have no refund. 117 days since I bought the rifle

August 12th 2014, I took my videos off you tube cause I do not even care about the gun working or not working any more, its more then about the videos now its about customer service nightmare mainly customer service nightmare from local gun shop.

Frank at POF is actually a pretty decent guy considering all the lies he was fed by the gun shop and if not for the shitty gun shop that sold me the POF I am sure this would have all been fixed long ago. I talked a lot of shit but I was mad about this whole situation and POF has let me send my rifle in and hopefully I get a refund and all this goes away and everyone drives on.

Sometime in July----POF has contacted me today and the CEO personally told me he would make this right. No need to go any further now.

UPDATE: July 21 5pm- I just finished making 5 hours of video of me cleaning rifle exactly how POF recommends. Power drill included. Piston, BCG, Chamber, Barrel, Buffer assembly, Trigger assembly- everything. I will make a highlight video tonight showing everything before I make the video tomorrow of me shooting using all ideas and info you have gave me. Also a video of me putting the rifle back together, BCG, Piston, Buffer all that stuff. POF has still made no attempt to contact me so they obviously don't give a fuck.

Red Rock Defense facebook where I bought the rifle from Red Rock Defense

I bought a brand new POF USA P308 20 inch rifle. The whole setup cost 3,925 dollars(Rifle 2,700, Scope 1000, Bipod 200) from a local gun shop and the gun would not fully work with anything I put into it (most of the time casings do not eject) I was able to send it back for repairs and they had to replace the piston system and some other stuff but anyway they send it back and it works just the same. Now they will not allow me to send it back cause POF says it worked great when they tested it after fixing it. If the gun works great then why in this video do I never have a single bolt lock back after rounds fired and have multiple brass casings jam and eventually the gun jams so hard I had to end video?? I have shot no more then 100 rounds through this gun.

Used multiple mags made for gun, plastic and metal (DPMS LR308 Metal) (PMAG 308 Gen 3 plastic)
Shot lubed and non lubed and works just the same
Cleaned it for a good 2 hours before shooting cause POF sent it back with leaking black lube coming out from everywhere since they decided to use a gallon of lube on it and wolf ammo to test it

Anyway they will not take my gun back cause they say it works fine so what do I do now?? The local gunshop I bought the gun from will not take it back either cause they say it works great even though he admited the higher grain bullets are to big for the magazines so I cant use those and need to find the perfect bullet that will work for the gun. He told me to buy 168 grain bullets so I did and they worked same as all the others in the video.

Here is the video I made of rifle not working with all different ammo POF P308 Failure

Video of me cleaning the chamber to POF standards just like they show on their website Cleaning the P308 Chamber with power drill

Me cleaning the adjustable gas block piston port Cleaning gas/piston adjustable port area with drill again

NOTICE HOW CLEAN THIS UPPER IS, THIS IS AFTER I MADE THE VIDEO, ON THE NEXT VIDEO THIS IS WHAT IT WILL BE LIKE TO BEGIN WITH
Installing the piston rod and adjustable suppression setting knob Piston system Instal

Special thanks to  KOLAT for buying me membership

I am adding this section so people do not have to read 5 pages to get some basic info I should have added to this original post.

1. Rifle was lubed up so much that my scope was being covered in splatter so I had to clean a bit off. The gun shop owner told me about putting lube on the magazine and I tried that but made no difference.
2. Video of my BCG so people will see exactly what kind and if its not turned 180 or fouled etc etc  Video of my BCG
3. When I originally send the rifle in to POF I sent the whole gun, not just the upper
4. I tried shooting with piston gas system turned ON OFF and SUPPRESSED
5. Did you change the stock it came with? If so you may have the wrong buffer spring: NO I did not change the stock it came with, in fact I have not changed a single thing with the gun, I have yet to even zero the scope in or shoot more then 30 rounds cause it has never worked
6. When I brought the gun into the gun shop to send it back the first time we took the bolt apart because it would not extend(I had never took the bolt apart before that), turns out the cotter pin that holds the firing pin inside the BCG was bent to shit and torn up. It took a good half hour to straighten the pin with a vice grip cause the gun shop did not have spare pins. We figured maybe that was the reason the gun did not work so they sold me the sierra match king federal champion 175g rounds to go try it and it never worked so they sent it back. These federal rounds are the same ones that later the gun shop owner told me will never work in the gun no matter what happens cause they were too long for the magpul mag. I bought a metal  DPMS 308LR mag that had plenty of clearance with that round in it and it still never worked. POF told me on the phone that its normal for that pin to get beat up and it needs to be replaced every 1,000 rounds or so. I shot maybe 10 rounds before it was bent to shit. The other guy at the gun shop named Jeremy said it took him a half hour to get another 308 pin to fit back in cause we took it out to see how messed up it was in another POF rifle.

To do list when I shoot gun on tuesday
1. Shoulder the rifle against my body
2. Chamber live rounds and extract them while covered with black sharpie so I can look for certain marks (will make video of this)
3. Use lots of lubrication/pull the bolt out, drench the carrier and get the bolt lugs dripping.
make sure in the upper where the carrier runs is wet also.
4. Put down my purse and run the fuck out of the gun and not be a lilly
5. get a chamber brush and clean the chamber. the salt nitriding leaches out of the barrel and causes the chamber to get sticky
6. Mess with the adjustable piston setting more, ON, OFF, SUPPRESSED
7. Make a video with detailed up close proof and pictures that I cleaned the hell out of the rifle before I shoot it, polished chamber, cleaning rod with brush, bore snake etc etc

You guys want me to just run the shit out of the rifle and pump a good 200 or more rounds out of the rifle to break it in?? Look what 30 rounds so far has done!!!! The ejection port is not even oval any more its all cut up and square
</a> adult image" />

These are the rounds used. From right to left the rounds are FC Sierra Match King 175g 7.62x51, PMC Bronze 147g 7.62x51, Western Ammo 150g 7.62x51, Fusion 165g .308, Prvi Partizan 168g .308, Nosler 168g .308, Remington UMC 150g .308 (the bullet that actually reloads a round and works best), American Eagle 150g .308 The rounds that stove piped are the first 3(Right to Left) and all the others just do not load another round except for UMC with no bolt lock back. The first round looks way bigger then all the rest FC match king. Gun shop said they are not made for this gun cause they wont work with magpul but I used dpms mag and still not work.

</a> image hosting free no registration" />

The boxes match the rounds from right to left, I also put the two different lubes I have tried so far. Planet safe L7 Extreme Performance and Hoppe's 9  lubricating oil

</a> screenshot program" />

The piston/gas system used in this rifle

Showing I actually have equipment for cleaning the rifle
</a> how to screenshot on windows" />

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoulder the rifle to fire it.....your video shows you doing the rifle equivalent of limp wristing.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:58:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shoulder the rifle to fire it.....your video shows you doing the rifle equivalent of limp wristing.

View Quote

I am going to go out on a limb and say it did try to shoulder fire it when he first tried it, and had the same problems, and only did it the way in the video to go through all the different types of ammo as quickly as possible.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I had to meet the you tube 10 minute video requirement for fast video processing so I didn't have time to take a well placed shoulder fired shot every round. Trust me the gun works the same shouldered or not
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am going to go out on a limb and say it did try to shoulder fire it when he first tried it, and had the same problems, and only did it the way in the video to go through all the different types of ammo as quickly as possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brass is ejecting so the bolt is coming close to going back far enough. I'd bet that shooting the gun like it's designed to be shot and it will run flawless. OP also cleaned the lube out of the gun without trying it as it was sent to him.

He should probably just send the rifle to me and I'll send him back a ruger sr762

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:03:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I had to meet the you tube 10 minute video requirement for fast video processing so I didn't have time to take a well placed shoulder fired shot every round. Trust me the gun works the same shouldered or not
View Quote

Go take video of firing it shouldered and then come back and post it.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#6]
This should be good..

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Post count; check.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:08:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

maybe i dont understand what your getting at but an AR10 style rifle should work from the hip.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:10:07 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a LOT of sand out there...

I think I know where a bunch ended up..
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#10]
4K's a lot for a paperweight
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:13:05 PM EDT
[#11]
It makes no sense to me to make a video on shooting a rifle not from the shoulder.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shoulder firing should not be the cause of the problem.  Do you even sig brace bro

OP what buffer and spring do you have in the rifle?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#13]
OP doesn't seem to be enjoying his POF experience.

I've got no idea.  Had a new FAL experience the same type of failures, though.  It turned out to be a simple case of improper lubing.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Put your purse down and run that rig.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:16:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Every gun I own I have shot at one time or another without it shouldered, 12 gauge, AR, mini 14. Why does this one have to be shouldered in order for it to work???

After you spend over 2,000 dollars on a gun do you have to shoulder fire it 100 percent of the time???
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Shoulder firing should not be the cause of the problem.  Do you even sig brace bro

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure it does.. Just like limo wristing a pistol if there is nothing to counter the rearword movement of the rifle energy will be used in moving the gun, not the bolt..

With a sigbrace and the video above the shooter is providing that resistance.. OP is not.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Every gun I own I have shot at one time or another without it shouldered, 12 gauge, AR, mini 14. Why does this one have to be shouldered in order for it to work???

After you spend over 2,000 dollars on a gun do you have to shoulder fire it 100 percent of the time???
View Quote

Go buy a $3,000,   1911 and hold it like a pussy and let us know how well it works for you..
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:19:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Poor people post.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
4K's a lot for a paperweight
View Quote

OP is more composed than I would be I would make two you tube videos a day screaming what a piece of shit it was if I dropped that kind of change!
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No i don't sig brace, I have happy switches and a vltor stock on my 10.5 m16

Bro

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:21:37 PM EDT
[#21]
You could have had a V-8.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

That gun should work shouldered or not, it isn't blowback operated. There is definitely something wrong.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:21:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View Quote

It doesn't. It's not recoil operated. It should work just fine as you are shooting it. Arfcom GD is full of tards.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:23:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Our local SWAT guys had POF rifles...

Now they have Colt.  There was a reason.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Our local SWAT guys had POF rifles...

Now they have Colt.  There was a reason.
View Quote

Didn't the cops that got in the shootout with dorner before they sent in the burners have FA POFs?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#26]
OP shouldn't have to fire that rifle shouldered, lotta posters in here full of derp.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#27]
There's a lot of guys in here that don't understand how a ar works.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#28]
That rifle will fire with or without a shoulder.  Serious derpage going on.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:26:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It doesn't. It's not recoil operated. It should work just fine as you are shooting it. Arfcom GD is full of tards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Otherwise Jihadis and starving Africans would have to aim their shit instead of just holding it in the air.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#30]
I do not know what buffer spring it has, I can take pictures and post them I guess. Like I said in the video, usually the brass casings get stuck in the gun 90 percent of the time. maybe since I was not shoulder firing it they actually ejected a lot in the video.

Fuck it I will just go and make a video with the rifle against my shoulder. I always have fun with AR style rifles shooting from hip and one arming it and messing around stuff so I did not know that you had to have this gun shouldered to fire it. I guarantee you know a lot more then I do about these guns since this is my first so I will make a video of it not working just the same cause before I had to make this video I was getting my scope dialed in and shoulder fired it plenty and not one round reloaded.

If the gun was so perfect to begin with I wonder why POF had to replace shit when I sent it back the first time?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:28:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Thats a gas operated rifle.  Did you check the gas tank?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#32]

Isnt  that gas piston with an Adjustable Gas Plug for Normal or Suppressed, maybe its needs to be switched to normal nonsuppressed.

just a guess.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I had all sorts of issues with a POF 9.25" upper, wouldn't run for shit. Tried a bunch of different ammo, wouldn't run. Called POF, they asked what ammo I was running. Said wolf and prvi. They told me it was my ammo that was the issue. Went out the next weekend with their American made suggestions, LC M193 and M855. Surprise surprise, still wouldn't run.

Called them back, they said to mail it to them. Before I did I made a mark on the bolt and on the inside of the upper. Mailed it back. Two weeks later I get the upper back, with a nice note that says they checked it out, ran fine, must have been my ammo/lower.

Check for the marks, shocking, they are gone. They switched uppers on me. Promptly sold it and have never bought another of  their piece of shit uppers, and have told people the same. I don't care if their upper had issues, but don't lie to me. If you lie to your customer, you don't deserve my money. And I'll let others know that as well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I'd be beyond pissed if that happened to me. Looks like a very nice rig, if it worked. I think the only thing left to do is take it to a reputable gunsmith in your area.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I do not know what buffer spring it has, I can take pictures and post them I guess. Like I said in the video, usually the brass casings get stuck in the gun 90 percent of the time. maybe since I was not shoulder firing it they actually ejected a lot in the video.

Fuck it I will just go and make a video with the rifle against my shoulder. I always have fun with AR style rifles shooting from hip and one arming it and messing around stuff so I did not know that you had to have this gun shouldered to fire it. I guarantee you know a lot more then I do about these guns since this is my first so I will make a video of it not working just the same cause before I had to make this video I was getting my scope dialed in and shoulder fired it plenty and not one round reloaded.

If the gun was so perfect to begin with I wonder why POF had to replace shit when I sent it back the first time?
View Quote

Not needed as others have stated.  Did you change anything on the rifle or is this exactly how you received it?  If you could take a picture of your buffer/buffer spring and your bolt completely broken down.  Do POF rifles have a suppressed/non suppressed option for the gas system?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:32:03 PM EDT
[#36]
looks under gassed  or over buffered. My 10.5 barrel acted about the same before I opened up the gas port a tad

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well put.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:32:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Bro

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro

I'm curious if you can actually make a post without bragging about being an ffl.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Ruger SR 762. While any manufacturer can produce a lemon from time to time, the fact that POF refuses to resolve the issue to your satisfaction
is disturbing- a $4000.00 gun should come with good service.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:35:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That gun should work shouldered or not, it isn't blowback operated. There is definitely something wrong.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What magical force ejects the brass after the bolt unlocks?

It's pretty simple first year physics.

Object A is designed to stay stationary
Object B is designed to reciprocate inside of object A a set distance.

If object A is propelled in the same direction of travel as object B then the overall distance needed to be traveled by object B is going to be farther and require more energy. Energy transmitted to the bolt is a function of your dwell time, move the gas port towards the reciever if you want to shoot the gun like your scared of the recoil, otherwise shoulder the bitch like a man and kill shit.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:35:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I had all sorts of issues with a POF 9.25" upper, wouldn't run for shit. Tried a bunch of different ammo, wouldn't run. Called POF, they asked what ammo I was running. Said wolf and prvi. They told me it was my ammo that was the issue. Went out the next weekend with their American made suggestions, LC M193 and M855. Surprise surprise, still wouldn't run.

Called them back, they said to mail it to them. Before I did I made a mark on the bolt and on the inside of the upper. Mailed it back. Two weeks later I get the upper back, with a nice note that says they checked it out, ran fine, must have been my ammo/lower.

Check for the marks, shocking, they are gone. They switched uppers on me. Promptly sold it and have never bought another of  their piece of shit uppers, and have told people the same. I don't care if their upper had issues, but don't lie to me. If you lie to your customer, you don't deserve my money. And I'll let others know that as well.
View Quote

They tell me that about the ammo also, they said  if it works great with American eagle, pmc bronze and wolf then it should work great with everything else. But the guy at the gun shop tells me the opposite saying if I buy a farari then I should not put cheap gas in it so that's why in the video I use cheap ammo and expensive ammo. I will admit that the first 4 rounds I shot from it when I got it back the gun worked with American eagle ammo but bolt never locked back once, now American eagle just sticks in the gun and will not come out after I fire
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:37:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm curious if you can actually make a post without bragging about being an ffl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bro

Do it all the time, usually just save it for special occasions and new years.
Going to go ride my ducati around the block now then bang my supermodel wife

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#43]
yup GD full of derp goin on in here, rifle should fire without a shoulder, OP keep us updated on this
Quoted:
OP shouldn't have to fire that rifle shouldered, lotta posters in here full of derp.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:38:46 PM EDT
[#44]
POF - Multi-position regulating gas system with normal, suppressed, and bolt-action (off) operating modes...

Did you check the gas setting? If not, I'd bet that's your problem.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#45]
F-u-u-u-u-c-k. I've got a brand new POF sitting in my safe that's never been fired. I better give it a test run.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#46]
This rifle is gas/piston operated so there is a adjustable setting on the front, I tried shooting it off and suppressed at one point and nothing ejected at all after that so I switched it back to ON mode.

POF told me to make this video cause they said it worked perfectly after they fixed it the first time, I shot maybe 20-30 rounds after I got it back until I made this video and never worked once except the Remington UMC 150grain actually reloaded and shot 2 rounds but after rounds complete the bolt never stayed locked back
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote

Hilarious.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:41:59 PM EDT
[#48]
make a chop up vid...like lower dude did!would be epic!
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:48:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This rifle is gas/piston operated so there is a adjustable setting on the front, I tried shooting it off and suppressed at one point and nothing ejected at all after that so I switched it back to ON mode.

POF told me to make this video cause they said it worked perfectly after they fixed it the first time, I shot maybe 20-30 rounds after I got it back until I made this video and never worked once except the Remington UMC 150grain actually reloaded and shot 2 rounds but after rounds complete the bolt never stayed locked back
View Quote

The bolt isn't getting enough impact from the piston, which means the gas system. If you haven't, check your gas setting again, it might have been knocked back on suppressed mode. Check to make sure the gas hole isn't obstructed or that the gas block hasn't moved in any directions...moving it off the gas hole. Check to make sure your piston hasn't been bent by rolling it on an even surface, like a pool cue.

I will bet it has something to do with your gas setting through or the gas block has shifted off the gas hole, lowering the gas output.

I had this same issue with a FAL I was putting together. The piston was bent. I've also had the gas block break ending up with the same result and a broken handguard on another FAL.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#50]
edit nvm
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top