Page / 31
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 5:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Cops using more chokeholds and most aren't disciplined

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- NYPD officers have been using banned chokeholds with increasing frequency, and have not generally been disciplined for it, according to a study released Tuesday by the new head of the city Civilian Complaint Review Board.

On Tuesday, Richard Emery -- who took the reins of the CCRB on July 17, the same day Eric Garner died in police custody on Staten Island after being placed in a chokehold -- formally issued the panel's findings after studying 1,128 chokehold allegations over the past five and a half years.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 7:12:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Garner family replaces lawyer after rape claim

The Eric Garner family wants nothing to do with Sanford Rubenstein — or his partners.

Instead, the widow of the Staten Island man killed by a police chokehold chose civil rights lawyer Jonathan Moore to represent them in their $75 million lawsuit against the city, a source close to the case said Thursday.

Esaw Garner made the pick with the help of the Rev. Al Sharpton, who was tight with Rubenstein until the flashy lawyer was accused of rape by one of the reverend’s closest National Action Network advisers.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Cops wrongfully helped Eric Garner's mom says PBA

The mom of Staten Island police chokehold victim Eric Garner got special treatment when cops fixed her car so she could avoid a summons, angry police union leaders said Monday.

Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch demanded that the NYPD Internal Affairs Bureau investigate the matter because it appeared top brass were involved in the incident.

“If the bosses involved fixed the ticket, then they must report themselves to Internal Affairs for disciplinary charges,” Lynch said. “If the NYPD is now in the car repair business, then they need to let the general public know that if they get a ticket, don't pay it, just call an NYPD boss and they'll fix it.
View Quote

The word was passed down to Lt. Anthony Longobardi, who drove to Carr’s home with the form, but not before he decided, on his own, to buy a replacement bulb for the headlight, the source said.

But Lou Turco, head of the Lieutenants Benevolent Association, said Longobardi was ordered to fix the car himself.

“My lieutenant was told by the captain to get a light bulb, go over there and fix the light,” Turco. “Any lieutenant is not going to, on his own, drive around, get a lightbulb and fix someone’s light.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Cops wrongfully helped Eric Garner's mom says PBA

The mom of Staten Island police chokehold victim Eric Garner got special treatment when cops fixed her car so she could avoid a summons, angry police union leaders said Monday.

Patrolmen’s Benevolent Association President Patrick Lynch demanded that the NYPD Internal Affairs Bureau investigate the matter because it appeared top brass were involved in the incident.

“If the bosses involved fixed the ticket, then they must report themselves to Internal Affairs for disciplinary charges,” Lynch said. “If the NYPD is now in the car repair business, then they need to let the general public know that if they get a ticket, don't pay it, just call an NYPD boss and they'll fix it.

The word was passed down to Lt. Anthony Longobardi, who drove to Carr’s home with the form, but not before he decided, on his own, to buy a replacement bulb for the headlight, the source said.

But Lou Turco, head of the Lieutenants Benevolent Association, said Longobardi was ordered to fix the car himself.

“My lieutenant was told by the captain to get a light bulb, go over there and fix the light,” Turco. “Any lieutenant is not going to, on his own, drive around, get a lightbulb and fix someone’s light.”

GS posted about this on FB. If you saw it in a movie, you wouldn't believe it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
GS posted about this on FB. If you saw it in a movie, you wouldn't believe it.
View Quote

I guess the Lt. didn't want to lose his cush SI command by telling the Captain to pound sand.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Top cop blew promotion by helping Eric Garner's mom with headlight fix

An NYPD chief committed career suicide by fixing a headlight for the mom of the man who died from a police chokehold — blowing a chance at a promotion to three-star chief, The Post has learned.
Staten Island top cop Edward Delatorre is in the doghouse ­after telling officers to fix a headlight for Eric Garner’s mother, Gwen Carr, so that she could beat a ticket.
View Quote

Other sources said Delatorre has moaned to other cops that he’s “dead in the water” because of the favor — which he allegedly ordered out of fear of angering the Rev. Al Sharpton.
View Quote

Since the fiasco, cops have circulated a phony certificate of merit for the embattled chief, praising him for his “outstanding roadside auto service and assistance for the people of da hood.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:35:31 AM EDT
[#10]
I still can't see the choke hold.  They didn't choke him out.  Not even close.  This is what happens when people who don't know what the hell they're talking about are in charge of public policy.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:47:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Wow... selling untaxed cigarettes, yeah, punishment certainly matches the crime there.  What a fucking joke.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:45:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wow... selling untaxed cigarettes, yeah, punishment certainly matches the crime there.  What a fucking joke.
View Quote

That's the best you could do?  Maybe you should start small - try a chili thread or something.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:46:09 AM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Top cop blew promotion by helping Eric Garner's mom with headlight fix

An NYPD chief committed career suicide by fixing a headlight for the mom of the man who died from a police chokehold — blowing a chance at a promotion to three-star chief, The Post has learned.
Staten Island top cop Edward Delatorre is in the doghouse ­after telling officers to fix a headlight for Eric Garner’s mother, Gwen Carr, so that she could beat a ticket.

Other sources said Delatorre has moaned to other cops that he’s “dead in the water” because of the favor — which he allegedly ordered out of fear of angering the Rev. Al Sharpton.

Since the fiasco, cops have circulated a phony certificate of merit for the embattled chief, praising him for his “outstanding roadside auto service and assistance for the people of da hood.”

I'm on my iPad, in bed, I'm not gonna bother digging up my Nelson pic.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/V8XTpCwicwE

Even better.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 10:24:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's the best you could do?  Maybe you should start small - try a chili thread or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Runcible, I thought we talked about not cruising around and kicking people in the uterus.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:26:21 AM EDT
[#19]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/V8XTpCwicwE

BAM!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2014 11:11:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Mother of Eric Garner says she did not get special treatment

The mom of NYPD chokehold victim Eric Garner says the kind-hearted cops who fixed her broken car headlight were under no orders from police brass.

Gwen Carr, speaking Saturday at the National Action Network, dismissed a report that officers gave her preferential treatment after an Oct. 21 traffic stop.

“I didn’t ask anyone to do anything for me,” Carr insisted. “As the police explained, it was a courtesy on their end.”

Police-union officials charge cops were forced to repair the busted headlight to help the 65-year-old Carr avoid a summons.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Grand Jury nears decision

The grand jury that began investigating the chokehold death of Eric Garner in September heard last week from what was believed to be its final witness — the New York Police Department officer seen on a widely watched amateur video showing him wrapping his arm around Garner’s neck. Before the end of the year, authorities are expected to announce whether the officer will face criminal charges in a case that sparked outrage and grabbed headlines before it was overshadowed by the killing of Brown in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The grand jury that began investigating the chokehold death of Eric Garner in September heard last week from what was believed to be its final witness — the New York Police Department officer seen on a widely watched amateur video showing him wrapping his arm around Garner’s neck. Before the end of the year, authorities are expected to announce whether the officer will face criminal charges in a case that sparked outrage and grabbed headlines before it was overshadowed by the killing of Brown in the St. Louis suburb of Ferguson.

I don't see how anyone can be on a grand jury.  Do they at least pay you better then being on a trial jury?  Down here, it's like $25 per day.  What do they pay in New York?

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Didn't a high level brass person get in trouble for this already?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mother of Eric Garner says she did not get special treatment
The mom of NYPD chokehold victim Eric Garner says the kind-hearted cops who fixed her broken car headlight were under no orders from police brass.
Gwen Carr, speaking Saturday at the National Action Network, dismissed a report that officers gave her preferential treatment after an Oct. 21 traffic stop.
“I didn’t ask anyone to do anything for me,” Carr insisted. “As the police explained, it was a courtesy on their end.”
Police-union officials charge cops were forced to repair the busted headlight to help the 65-year-old Carr avoid a summons.

Didn't a high level brass person get in trouble for this already?

Passed over for promotion. LINK
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:20:09 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If they indict him for this crock of shit I hope the NYPD just sit on their hands from now on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If they indict him for this crock of shit I hope the NYPD just sit on their hands from now on.

I think that's the idea, isn't it?  

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:48:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm leaning more towards him being indicted now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:49:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? Political Pressure?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:05:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Why? Political Pressure?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? Political Pressure?

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 9:02:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Jury likely to be swayed by Fergusoon

Ferguson’s burning police cars and looted stores will reverberate in the deliberation room of the Staten Island “police chokehold” grand jury, experts warned Saturday.
The grand jurors now hearing evidence in the death of Eric Garner are well aware of the bedlam that ensued when the St. Louis County grand jury declined to indict the officer who shot Michael Brown, said Julia Vitullo-Martin, former executive director of the Citizen’s Jury Project.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ferguson’s burning police cars and looted stores will reverberate in the deliberation room of the Staten Island "police chokehold” grand jury, experts warned Saturday.

The grand jurors now hearing evidence in the death of Eric Garner are well aware of the bedlam that ensued when the St. Louis County grand jury declined to indict the officer who shot Michael Brown, said Julia Vitullo-Martin, former executive director of the Citizen’s Jury Project.

So we have Saint Swisher, Saint Sammich, Saint Skittles and now Saint Asphyxia?

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:03:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ferguson’s burning police cars and looted stores will reverberate in the deliberation room of the Staten Island "police chokehold” grand jury, experts warned Saturday.

Saint Ciggie?
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Saint Ciggie?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Saint Ciggie?

Better, thanks.

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 1:29:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Just another day in the big apple.
View Quote
We should use this stuff for NYC Tourism commercials.  

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:42:05 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Ferguson’s burning police cars and looted stores will reverberate in the deliberation room of the Staten Island “police chokehold” grand jury, experts warned Saturday.

The rule of law is dead once juries start using the outcome of the population in their decisions.  
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The rule of law is dead once juries start using the outcome of the population in their decisions.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Things will be ok if we just throw a cop to the braying masses.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Another gentle giant lost  
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:23:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote

Anyone else smell that???
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Saint Ciggie?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saint Ciggie?

Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:37:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm not seeing it.  I guess it's a good JBT-ing.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Extorris should be allowed to write, and direct a movie about NY cops.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Stooges already did a circus pic.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:20:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:35:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think anyone would want to watch a movie about a bunch of cops who were all like Richard Gere in the first 3/4s of "Brooklyn's Finest".
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Ferguson was going to burn no matter what the GJ came back with.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ferguson was going to burn no matter what the GJ came back with.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/12/leftist_organizers_are_using_ferguson_to_rehearse_the_big_ugly_.html

In
the meantime, leftist, community organizing groups -- meaning those
that openly define their guiding ideology with socialist/communist
language (quoting Marx & Lenin, while avoiding any mention of Stalin)
-- have been using Ferguson to stretch their muscles, largely unused
after the 2008 election of an ally in the White House. For them, the
Ferguson protests have little to do with Michael Brown’s death, and more
to do with anti-capitalist rants, punctuated by chants against police
brutality against young, innocent, black men.

An Associated Press article
dated November 27, 2014, entitled "For some, location of Brown's hands
irrelevant,” indirectly speaks to the fidelity of community organizers
to truth-telling: It doesn’t matter to them if the "hands-up” meme is
based on the lies of false witnesses to the Brown shooting.  What’s most
important is that the false image of "hands up” has become accepted
folklore among the protesters.

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I don't think anyone would want to watch a movie about a bunch of cops who were all like Richard Gere in the first 3/4s of "Brooklyn's Finest".
View Quote

Is that movie any good? Gere seems to make a good living by being a lousy cop.

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Voted for more Government. Got it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Before he becomes a white knight towards the end he's probably the most realistic NYPD cop with 20 years on patrol that I've ever seen depicted in a movie.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 2:59:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Before he becomes a white knight towards the end he's probably the most realistic NYPD cop with 20 years on patrol that I've ever seen depicted in a movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:04:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

LOL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL.

"Don't you want to do something useful with your last two minutes on the job?"

"Not really"
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top