BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

square footage doesn't mean jack and it sounds like they can only use 1/2 of it

There is a 55,000 square foot shop about an hour from me but honestly they have maybe the gun inventory we have

rest is decoys , blinds and shit

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks like a nice slightly BELOW AVERAGE gun shop

Europe  , u so funny

Do you have many 5000 square meter gun stores over there?
square footage doesn't mean jack and it sounds like they can only use 1/2 of it

There is a 55,000 square foot shop about an hour from me but honestly they have maybe the gun inventory we have

rest is decoys , blinds and shit

The large one in OKC is over 71,000 sq ft.

They also carry everything, including Class 3.  Not Fuddville.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
No one can be happy about a new gun store, and hopefully new gun owners.  They feel the need to piss all over it and it's sad.
View Quote

STFU!!!! Math and Europe are fur' pussies!!!

Don't worry, these so called advocates of the 2A will give a like on Facebook. Thereby letting them sleep peacefully at night knowing that they have done their part.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#3]
a new gun shop opened somewhere? quick, lets make fun of their selection and talk a bunch of bullshit! god knows we would rather them be building more mosques or something else.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Plenty of doctors, lawyers, and other professionals on this board who would be equally happy to tell you to GTFO and troll elsewhere.

<-- 0% white, 0% trailer trash, highly educated, 100% American
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The amount of butthurt coming from the trailer trash fringe is hilarious.

Plenty of doctors, lawyers, and other professionals on this board who would be equally happy to tell you to GTFO and troll elsewhere.

Oh, lighten up.

If a bunch of European blowhards starting trashing the US, you'd fight back too.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I understand that you're not jealous, but I wanted to make the facts clear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are the current tax rates? And the part I quoted specified "Owning more firearms than this requires a valid reason." so obviously it isn't totally prohibited. Do you have a more accurate source for current tax and firearms regulation in Sweden?

The tax rate varies greatly. Especially since there's a lot of deductions that can be made. Our tax rate has gone from being the highest in OECD to being the 17th highest.

The gun laws are also dependant on a great number of factors, but basically I can own anything I want, as long as I have adequate gun safes and a valid reason for the guns. Valid reasons are hunting, target shooting, collecting and memorabilia. In exceptional circumstances it's possible to get a gun for protection, but it's very rare.

Yep, I'm standing by that "not jealous" assessment.

I understand that you're not jealous, but I wanted to make the facts clear.

Perfectly reasonable. You should update the wiki, and I say that non-ironically.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And I bet there won't be a single gun in there I'm interested in.
View Quote

Yeah.. but I bet they are gorgeous to look at!

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#7]
It's 5,000 sq. meters, not feet, according to the article.

Not sure what else they have in there, but it's a big place.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:10:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Show 'em some pics of Know Creek.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:14:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yet you can't be trusted to handle more then ten rounds at a time, who are you to be throwing stones?  
View Quote

Wait really?

Let's see.

Crossbows:
Sweden:  treated as firearms.
CA:  anyone can buy one, with no background check, in any quantity, and with no testing requirements.

Handguns:
CA:  take some bs handgun safety test that only a retard could fail, then wait 10 days and get your handgun.  If you don't have a safe, you have to buy a $10 trigger lock with your firearm.
Sweden:  must be an active member of a shooting club, get police approval, then get issued a 5-year permit.  If you let the permit expire, you're SOL.

Storage:
CA:  If you leave your gun out where a kid could be you could be civilly and criminally liable if kid uses that firearm.
Sweden:  Self-defense not a valid reason to own a firearm.  When not used, firearms must be stored in vaults or other equally secure compartments.

Etc.

CA is shitty, but nowhere near this.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.hallowellco.com/Klein-7mmM-right.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.hallowellco.com/Klein-7mmM-right.jpg

I guess I'm just a crazy person, but I love shooting guns...all of them.  I don't care if someone classifies it as a fudd gun.  Hell, my EBR isn't even my favorite rifle to shoot.  The POS that won me prizes on the long distance shooting at the AZHTF is.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:16:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Our current government removed the property tax here, along with the inheritance tax.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm with you, I hate the Idea of "owning" property and still paying for it after it's paid for. There are very few places in the world where you can hold an allodial land title anymore.

Our current government removed the property tax here, along with the inheritance tax.

How accurate is this?

Are there real estate taxes in Sweden?

From 1 January 2008, Real Property Tax on Private Residences is abolished and replaced with a Municipal Property Fee. The Municipal Property Fee for a house is SEK7,074 fee or 0.75 percent of the assessed value of the property if that amount is lower.

KPMG
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:18:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Wait really?

Let's see.

Crossbows:
CA:  anyone can buy one, with no background check, in any quantity, and with no testing requirements.

Handguns:
CA:  take some bs handgun safety test that only a retard could fail, then wait 10 days and get your handgun.  If you don't have a safe, you have to buy a $10 trigger lock with your firearm.
Sweden:  must be an active member of a shooting club, get police approval, then get issued a 5-year permit.  If you let the permit expire, you're SOL.

Storage:
CA:  If you leave your gun out where a kid could be you could be civilly and criminally liable if kid uses that firearm.
Sweden:  Self-defense not a valid reason to own a firearm.  When not used, firearms must be stored in vaults or other equally secure compartments.

Etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yet you can't be trusted to handle more then ten rounds at a time, who are you to be throwing stones?  

Wait really?

Let's see.

Crossbows:

Handguns:

Storage:

Etc.

I was born and raised in CA, I don't need the shitty laws there explained to me.  Yes, really, you can only be trusted with ten rounds.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:48:32 PM EDT
[#13]
5 minutes from my wife's aunt and uncle's place! I'll visit next trip over and report back.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I could also move to Arizona if I wanted to. All it takes is to fly to Mexico and walk across. Obama will grant me amnesty along with a 100,000 MS-13 members.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Naw, thanks though.  I can move to Arizona and enjoy firearm freedom a Swede could only fantasize about.  Enjoy your backward gun laws.

I could also move to Arizona if I wanted to. All it takes is to fly to Mexico and walk across. Obama will grant me amnesty along with a 100,000 MS-13 members.

Bring back Mr. T!!!

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
5K square feet...

whoop-dee-fucking-doo...

Collector's Firearms in Houston is bigger than that.
http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/

Houston also has multiple Carter's Country locations, each probably 5k+ sq. ft.

Galazan's in CT is pretty big.
View Quote

Man, I really miss Collector's Firearms in Houston. Was my favorite place when I was there.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View Quote
I will admit the number of people not noticing the shop is 5K square METERS is pretty amusing

yes that is a big place and on par footage with a large chain type outdoors store here in the state like Bass pro or a Cabelas

sad part is there is 100s of stores like that here and only 1-2 in Europe

but swede you and me do have some common ground

I put TAVORs on sale today in celebration of ground operations in gaza

too bad pretty much none of the trailer trash fringe that came in actually understood the sign

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:03:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cry me a river. The only trolling is coming from the window lickers, and you guys aren't really that good at it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:03:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

You must have a pretty limited interest in guns then.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:05:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Perfectly reasonable. You should update the wiki, and I say that non-ironically.
View Quote

I'm tired of trying to fix wiki articles. They always end up being trashed by one of the wiki mods anyway.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:06:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How accurate is this?

KPMG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm with you, I hate the Idea of "owning" property and still paying for it after it's paid for. There are very few places in the world where you can hold an allodial land title anymore.

How accurate is this?

Are there real estate taxes in Sweden?

From 1 January 2008, Real Property Tax on Private Residences is abolished and replaced with a Municipal Property Fee. The Municipal Property Fee for a house is SEK7,074 fee or 0.75 percent of the assessed value of the property if that amount is lower.

KPMG

The municipal fee is up to the municipality. Some don't have any.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:07:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I will admit the number of people not noticing the shop is 5K square METERS is pretty amusing
yes that is a big place and on par footage with a large chain type outdoors store here in the state like Bass pro or a Cabelas

too bad pretty much none of the trailer trash fringe that came in actually understood the sign

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:07:53 AM EDT
[#22]
FUDD HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:20:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Sweden is still larger and better than your shitty state though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right, Sweden is more like Ohio.

http://www.aei-ideas.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/USmap-600x413.jpg

Sweden is still larger and better than your shitty state though.

Not once it thaws out though.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:31:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Sure is a lot of swedish butthurt up in here.

-A Dane
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:32:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sure is a lot of swedish colonial butthurt up in here.

-A Dane
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:37:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Get in your damn IKEA kitchen and make me some danishes

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:38:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Get in your damn IKEA kitchen and make me some danishes

http://i61.tinypic.com/2r3uhzn.jpg
View Quote

Would you like your herring pickled or fermented?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:51:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Lol. I know of two grocery stores that are better stocked than that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 4:58:45 AM EDT
[#29]
that's quite a variety of bolt actions and shotguns
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:16:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like a nice slightly BELOW AVERAGE gun shop

Europe  , u so funny
View Quote

Do you have many 5000 square meter gun stores over there?
View Quote

A METRIC SHIT-TONNE of them. My local gun shop is 78,000 ft^2 (thats 7,246 m^2 to be fair, though, only about 1/2 is guns. The other half is camping and fishing stuff) and while it's larger than the other TEN within 30 miles of me, it is BY FAR AND AWAY not the biggest in the state.

But, in reality, who cares. Like someone else said, we should just be happy that gun stores are opening ANYWHERE.

Edited to correct number of gunstores around me from 6 to 10
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:27:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Who buys at gun stores anyway?  Online is way better. I find the best price and have it shipped.  I'm not wasting my gas to talk to someone who is sure to have a weird ass unfriendly personality.  I hate 99% of gun shops, there's only a couple in my area where the staff is actually normal.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#32]
We don't have very many gun shops around here since most people buy guns online. We don't have to transfer guns through dealers, even when ordering from abroad.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:29:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.

This thread is a perfect example of why people of other countries think Americans are pompous assholes and it's just plain embarrassing. Not all of us are like that. Just the ignorant, backward majority. It's no wonder this country is where it is today.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:32:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yet you don't have a membership
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:37:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:00:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Anybody remember edelmans on rt 110 it was like kmart but with guns it was in the movie survivors with robin Williams
View Quote

I bought a few guns there when I lived in NY. They did my pistol permit application as well. I am happy to be gone.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Show 'em some pics of Know Creek.
View Quote
knob

that made me smile

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#38]
Not everything has to be an AR or a semi auto rifle. I like a nice over and under or a good wood stocked bolt gun from time to time.

As a 'Murican living in TX I am very happy to see a European country embracing the shooting sports on a higher level.

This store looks like a significant investment and such an investment means that there is a market for firearms.

I don't know about most arfcomers but I got my ballistic start on a .22 lever action at the age 8, not an AR15. If this store can bring more Swedes and other Europeans into the shooting sports then there is

the remote possibility of change in Europe. Lets be happy our brethren in the old country are trying to get on board.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Naw, thanks though.  I can move to Arizona and enjoy firearm freedom a Swede could only fantasize about.  Enjoy your backward gun laws.

Swede you have thick skin and a great sense of humor. As an American I am actually embarrassed with the posts in this thread. Most Americans have never left their state never mind go over seas.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:25:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
To be fair, the gun laws in Denmark ARE awful.  

View Quote

True, but they're not as bad as many arfcommers seem to think.

I wanted to go to the Danish Open Rifle Championship, but I had to work. I have friends who were there though.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:26:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Swede you have thick skin and a great sense of humor. As an American I am actually embarrassed with the posts in this thread. Most Americans have never left their state never mind go over seas.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't sweat it, we have the same kind of people here. They're perfectly content with living in their little bubble.

The vast majority of Americans I have met have been awesome.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#42]
Fudd heaven.

Well, at least they can still shoot something.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:31:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Fudd heaven.

Well, at least they can still shoot something.
View Quote

Most shooters in Scandinavia would qualify as fudds, most have no interest in anything tacticool.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:33:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
All bolt actions... looks like a NY gun shop.
View Quote

Got a lot of sniper rifles up there huh?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:33:50 AM EDT
[#45]
I was hoping you wouldn't notice my phallically challenged brethren.

Quoted:

You guys sure seem to suffer from small dick syndrome.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You guys sure seem to suffer from small dick syndrome.

They're pretty loud, so it's difficult to overlook them.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 7:37:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This.

This thread is a perfect example of why people of other countries think Americans are pompous assholes and it's just plain embarrassing. Not all of us are like that. Just the ignorant, backward majority. It's no wonder this country is where it is today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

I read this whole thread and I agree. This is why we are going down quick. The real sad thing is that America is really not to far from Europe in the socialized system. We are just told we are free. Yes more free then most but not as free as intended. I am amazed when people are wrapped in chains and say look at us we are free. Compare the USA today to its foundation and if you are honest you will see we are more like Europe then original America.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:04:12 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Military and most police.

Civilian only guns just don't do it for me.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:18:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top