BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@3 weeks time.The first batch is a trial run of 500 mags from what i understand to make fine adjustments, etc for fitment.

After that full scale production
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me know if you lose your fight against temptation, my VEPR needs some love

You do know about Csspecs coming out with a steel made V12 mag right?

http://stores.csspecs.com/coming-soon-vepr-12/

http://youtu.be/O0xWF3_oaXk
Nice! When are those going to be available?

@3 weeks time.The first batch is a trial run of 500 mags from what i understand to make fine adjustments, etc for fitment.

After that full scale production

Excellent will have to keep an eye on those. Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:08:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember this from 2011?

http://www.greeleygazette.com/press/?p=9223

Looks like they got there ban after all.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Would you guys fo on a converted Saiga 12 with <100 rounds thru it for $875?

View Quote
To simply flip it later? Sure!

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Meh good thing there are dozen's of country's that can make them looks like a factory will just have to be opwned in poland or belgium.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh hell yeah. I paid nearly that much for mine unconverted the last time they "thought" they were going to ban them. Converted, that's not a bad price at all.

ETA: If you don't, give me his number.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I were in the market for it and I could not find one for cheaper, yes.  Fortunately they are in stock locally to me for $850 new.  The unconverted ones were on sale for ~$650 just a few weeks ago.  Now they are back up to $799.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 11:16:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Complete/factory style conversion, quick conversion or the popular Klingon battle rifle conversion (complete with assorted skulls and spiky brakes)?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 8:32:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
no Saiga's, how will Red Jacket stay in business?
View Quote

Silver Lining???
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 11:08:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Meh good thing there are dozen's of country's that can make them looks like a factory will just have to be opwned in poland or belgium.

View Quote

Already being done.

Cuigr in Romania, Arsenal in Bulgaria, Zastava in Serbia, and Pioneer Arms in Poland already make AKs for the US market. I imagine they could pick up the slack.

What we really need is other options for ammo, because of this shit keeps up.......
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:27:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Already being done.

Cuigr in Romania, Arsenal in Bulgaria, Zastava in Serbia, and Pioneer Arms in Poland already make AKs for the US market. I imagine they could pick up the slack.

What we really need is other options for ammo, because of this shit keeps up.......
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already being done.

And yet I see none of them putting out good products up to vepr or molot snuff. Zastav is probably the only decent outfit I would buy from these days outside russia.
Radom quality is so-so in terms of what is getting imported and cugir is practically nothing but 50s era akms. As far as Arsenal, they want the moon for their 100 series.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:40:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And yet I see none of them putting out good products up to vepr or molot snuff. Zastav is probably the only decent outfit I would buy from these days outside russia.
Radom quality is so-so in terms of what is getting imported and cugir is practically nothing but 50s era akms. As far as Arsenal, they want the moon for their 100 series.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already being done.

Arsenal does not make a 100 series, the SLR107-FR is back in stock at KVAR for $999, not a bad price at all!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:31:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe when the panic goes full tilt, I can trade up from my "collectors" AK to an Arsenal Krink in .223.

I know they're trashcan rifles, but they're accurate, reliable Mini 14's, with the ability to be converted to accept AR mags.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already being done.

What's wrong with 50's era AKMs?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:52:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:34:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already being done.

I have two Saigas I converted myself and two Romanian SAR-1s. Sure the Russian stuff looks a little better, and the Romys don't look so good in comparison, but all four are on par as far as reliability and fit are concerned. And honestly, I would probably grab one of my Romys before one of my Russians if my life depended on it.

And at the root of it, all AKs are 1940s/1950s technology.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:52:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I have two Saigas I converted myself and two Romanian SAR-1s. Sure the Russian stuff looks a little better, and the Romys don't look so good in comparison, but all four are on par as far as reliability and fit are concerned. And honestly, I would probably grab one of my Romys before one of my Russians if my life depended on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Already being done.

And that is a bad thing? When do you think the AR concept was born?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:56:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://www.gunpics.net/usa/ar10/ar10.JPG

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Already being done.

http://www.gunpics.net/usa/ar10/ar10.JPG

Well, you're making my point. I was making a counter argument to the statement in red.

I love older tech, or else I wouldn't have bolt action rifles, lever action rifles, and a single action revolver in my collection. And oh teh noez, those pistols in my collection are based on tech that is over 100 years old.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#18]
What most posters are missing is Russia was moving past the Kalashnikov and had
some really interesting stuff headed our way, like the MK-107 which was based on the
recoil canceling AK-107........I shot one in Russia and it was pretty darn slick.

The Poles, Serbs and Bulgarians and especially the Romanians are not going to bring
anything new......the Russians would have.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:22:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
some really interesting stuff headed our way, like the MK-107 which was based on the
recoil canceling AK-107........I shot one in Russia and it was pretty darn slick.

The Poles, Serbs and Bulgarians and especially the Romanians are not going to bring
View Quote

Oh, I would just hate to he underwriting Russian weapon development and employment.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:28:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Balanced AK is best AK
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm not an AK guy but I believe everyone should have one.

What does this mean for my WASR?

View Quote

Nothing and the WASR is still a POS. I have one that I had to do extensive work to to fix.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:19:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Same

Quoted:
I've been going to buy one for years, never got around to it. Retarded me
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Nothing and the WASR is still a POS. I have one that I had to do extensive work to to fix.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If you tried to maintain and load it like a garand (and compare the two) I can see how you think the WASR is a pos.

Edit. FUCK THERE WENT POST 10,000
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:51:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If you tried to maintain and load it like a garand (and compare the two) I can see how you think the WASR is a pos.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You wasted post 10K on a WASR

Page / 10
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top