Page / 145
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:19:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:23:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep, almost same view as Reuters
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:26:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah i finally realized that after the rooster was heard and looked at the buildings
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Just heard one of those Palestinian troop transports go by.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:35:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Telegraph is up
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 12:39:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Too bad there isn't a cam in Rafah, and yeah I looked. I think that's where all the fighting is. Reuters makes it look like there isn't anything going on except for the drones. The Gaza cams must have lost internet, power or both.
View Quote

I agree;  I think the IDF is down south poss. looking for the missing soldier feared to be captured.  I'll give it 30 more  min & then bedtime..
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:20:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Hope they get their guy back in one piece.

I can't tell if it's aircraft in the livestream or highway traffic behind the camera.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 1:45:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hope they get their guy back in one piece.

I can't tell if it's aircraft in the livestream or highway traffic behind the camera.
View Quote

Sounds like a highway..but a fast mover was definitely flying in the distance, I heard it and some arty booms. They are being very quiet right now. I hope nighttime is different.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 2:25:39 AM EDT
[#9]
new smoke on telegraph
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:28:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Boomies on Telegraph
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:30:59 AM EDT
[#11]
The rather nice looking building across the field to the south on the Telegraph feed just got hit twice.

Heard the first hit then they moved the camera onto it just in time to catch the second hit.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:34:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The rather nice looking building across the field to the south on the Telegraph feed just got hit twice.

http://i.imgur.com/MwuNfaa.png

Heard the first hit then they moved the camera onto it just in time to catch the second hit.  
View Quote

I remember commenting a few nights ago in the Occutard chat how that building stood out against all the others in Gaza. It looked really nice and modern. But evidently something else stuck out about it to the IDF considering they hit it twice.

ETA: Make that hit 3 times. Or 4 times?

Gaza's lone modern, nice building is destined to look as bad as ll the others now it appears.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:36:05 AM EDT
[#13]
they just hit it 3 more times.
Edit: This build has now been hit 5 times by my count.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 3:58:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Where's the telegraph link? I lost it on favs...
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:19:25 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

View Quote
you know... all the links are in the OP and posted every 10 pages right?

but... ok... here...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/10970066/Watch-live-Gaza-City-skyline.html

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:43:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I can hear some type of firing on Telegraph, but can't tell what it is. It is just single, muffled pops. It almost sounds like someone down the street is just popping off on a regular basis with a handgun or something. There's no machine gun fire associated with this or anything that would indicate a firefight is happening. Anyone else hear this and have a clue what might be happening?
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 4:43:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

but... ok... here...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/10970066/Watch-live-Gaza-City-skyline.html

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

but... ok... here...

Yes..I've even posted them on here, just needed it right now. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 5:44:40 AM EDT
[#18]
There have been about 5 more rocket launches (these being short range ones) in recent minutes. Their trajectory is putting them just across the Gaza border into Israel. I suppose these could even be mortars. I'm not sure the system differentiates between the two.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:09:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Telegraph feed is starting to get busy again. Some big booms and smoke columns visible. Reuters is just blowing dust from out on their end.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:40:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Israeli armor on the move on Telegraph feed. This is the first time I've seen armor on any of the cams located deep in the heart of the city. And it sounds like they are blowing the shit out of some things. Either this is part of a major thrust to plunge deeper into Gaza. Or they are working mighty hard to find their missing soldier. But the Telegraph camera is in perfect position for whatever is unfolding here.

ETA: Shit also blowing up on the Occutard stream.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:41:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:43:12 AM EDT
[#22]
In Reuters feed, multiple Merkavas are messing mountains of mud merrily.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:48:42 AM EDT
[#23]
I'm starting to think these guys are just positioning themselves for some kind of major push that will happen when darkness falls. Things have been slow all night and that is very unusual. Something is about to break. And I know one thing, I sure wouldn't want to be a member of Hamas right about now. The IDF is coming and they are bringing a big ole can of whoop ass with em.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:50:58 AM EDT
[#24]
I see IDF troops near the center of Reuters feed, ahead of the Merkavas.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I wish I didn't have to take the dag to get her nails trimmed today.....

And I still have to make that coffee, I expect all sorts of mayhem to ensue while I'm out today.  You guy's will have to keep a running tab of the blow by blow for me lol.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:56:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 7:59:19 AM EDT
[#27]
mortars or short range missiles on the warning app.

http://redcolormapweb.azurewebsites.net/english

Figured I'd post the links to get everyone ready for today lol.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Another batch of short range rockets being launched....most of which are aimed just SE of Rafah, along the Israel/Egypt border.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:06:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Lol, they just shot a tank round through the building right next to where the dozers were working.
View Quote

I bet that earns the TC and/or Gunner in question a sharp rebuke from the engineer running the dozer.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:22:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Reports on CNN and Fox seem to think that this operation is winding down, but from what we have on the live feeds, it might be ramping up, just in a different location than the media is reporting from.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#33]
I saw a report somewhere a little bit ago talking about 35 militants being killed overnight in fighting in Rafah. I don't think there are any media types in that area and certainly no live streams. That probably also explains the lack of activity on the feeds overnight. There was plenty of fighting, but it was mostly where the cameras aren't.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#34]
This is one of those rare threads that provides all the real time news that the MSM refuses to provide.

Thank you to all the contributors!
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:46:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is one of those rare threads that provides all the real time news that the MSM refuses to provide.

View Quote

I have long said ARFCOM is hands down the best national media resource we have. Our members are everywhere and as soon as anything breaks, someone is on top of it. That means ARFCOM almost always beats the likes of CNN, Fox and MSNBC to the story. ARFCOM also covers big events more in depth and with (at least IMHO) better analysis than any of the MSM outlets. When it comes to staying informed about national and world events, ARFCOM GD is the place to be. There might be a little herping and derping that happens from time to time you have to wade through, but the amount of good info that is available here makes that well worth it.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:49:44 AM EDT
[#36]
lol, Arfcom GD can herp and derp pretty good sometimes, but when you compare it to the pro Palistianian chats in the camera feeds, even our GD herp and derp is more informed and better expressed lol.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#37]
What appears to be a killdozer making a berm in the Telegraph feed at the center of the image.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:02:17 AM EDT
[#38]
And a happy Merkave moving into the area of the newly created hull down position on the Telegraph feed.  Nothing like a 120mm sniper rifle for covering fire when you have to go into an area.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
lol, Arfcom GD can herp and derp pretty good sometimes, but when you compare it to the pro Palistianian chats in the camera feeds, even our GD herp and derp is more informed and better expressed lol.
View Quote

You sure got that right. The other night in Occutard chat, lots of them were whining and crying about Israeli aggression like those people typically do. Well, out of the blue I just threw em a line from Sgt. Maj. Sixta in Generation Kill. This is the one I chose to use:

"You'ze a squealing like a bunchee butt fucked Vassar beeches! Unfuck yeeselves. We're not gonna suffer the spastic of a WM with a bunchee horny devil dogs a trailing her stern. Get yeeselves squared up heyah. Corporal, yee inappropriating yee chemical filtration device by attempting fornication with. Jeesus, didn't I tell you not to deesegrate your mask with perversions?!?! Where the fuck are your hemets?!?!?!"

Needless to say, I don't think any of them were familiar with Generation Kill and that line totally blew their freaking minds. LOL. I typed it just the way the actor said it. Hopefully I got all the words correct, as sometimes it is hard to understand just WTF that dude really is saying. At any rate, it got a good reaction out of them.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:38:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have long said ARFCOM is hands down the best national media resource we have. Our members are everywhere and as soon as anything breaks, someone is on top of it. That means ARFCOM almost always beats the likes of CNN, Fox and MSNBC to the story. ARFCOM also covers big events more in depth and with (at least IMHO) better analysis than any of the MSM outlets. When it comes to staying informed about national and world events, ARFCOM GD is the place to be. There might be a little herping and derping that happens from time to time you have to wade through, but the amount of good info that is available here makes that well worth it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of our herp and derp is sarcasm.  ARFCOMers can usually weed through that to the real stuff pretty easily.

Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:39:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Looks like Merks on a construction destruction detail on Telegraph feed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:43:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:47:35 AM EDT
[#43]
I thought they might be digging up a tunnel.  There was a backhoe in the picture a few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:50:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:52:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It's possible there's a tunnel there. They seem pretty interested in the area.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought they might be digging up a tunnel.  There was a backhoe in the picture a few minutes ago.

It's possible there's a tunnel there. They seem pretty interested in the area.

I actually saw one of the tanks blast something in that area where they are working a bit earlier.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#46]
There is something going on in the upper right of the screen too.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Damn.  That sounded like an indi car on Reuters.  
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#49]
The Reuters feed kind of blows. But it seems to be the only one working other than Telegraph. It is situated too damn far away from everything to provide much of a view. And that busy highway running right beside where they are set up makes it hard to deal with at times. About the only thing that location is good for is catching rockets as they are launched into Israel. I have even seen a few Iron Dome intercepts on that particular feed.
Link Posted: 8/2/2014 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Just saw some kind of trail going across the sky on Telegraph.  Could be the jet or a missile.
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top