Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 145
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:42:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Hearing small arms on the Telegraph feed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Jehad is up!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
So, basically, it's instruction on how to SMAAC-talk?
View Quote

LOL, I didn't catch that!!  Someone has a sense of humor over there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Israel News Feed @IsraelHatzolah  ·  41m
RIGHT NOW: Shots fired at Israel-Lebanon border, Israeli forces scanning area, no reports of injuries.
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 44 times44 FavoriteFavorited 8 times8
More

Israel News Feed @IsraelHatzolah  ·  1h
DEVELOPING: another security situation unfolding along Gaza border, IDF searching area, Roads closed, Residence urged to remain indoors.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#5]
FIre on occupied feed
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Occupied has some view of a strike, don't know where.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#7]
White House says, little doubt it was IDF artillery that hit UNRWA school in Gaza, describing shelling as totally unacceptable, indefensible
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:06:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

White House says, little doubt it was IDF artillery that hit UNRWA school in Gaza, describing shelling as totally unacceptable, indefensible
View Quote

But Hamas' booby trapping and hiding weapons in UN facilities is totally acceptable and defensible?

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

But Hamas' booby trapping and hiding weapons in UN facilities is totally acceptable and defensible?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this president is going so far out there that his own party is going to get really pissed off at him.   This will not help Democrats in the election.
He and Kerry want a diplomatic win they can take credit for at any cost.  it only has to work for a few months.  Egypt is the only one that can really broker a plan because its the only  country Israel trusts rite now.  Egypt is probably more than glad to make our dip shit look like a fool rite now after what he did to them a few years ago.  Pay back.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:10:27 PM EDT
[#10]
for those who missed it.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:15:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think this president is going so far out there that his own party is going to get really pissed off at him.   This will not help Democrats in the election.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh he's way the hell out there, but I don't think Liberals will get pissed off enough at him not to swallow whatever bullshit he's trying to feed them on any topic. Liberalism is a mental disorder, logic doesn't factor in to their worldview especially when it comes to elections.
Having said that, I think (and hope) that Democrats are going to get thoroughly fucked in November by those "independent" sorts who actually have half a clue, they won't reflexively vote (D) just because it's the "In Thing" to do like it was in '08 and '12. I mean, you don't have to be a Fellow at the Heritage Foundation to know that our foreign policy is a complete clusterfuck and the blame for that lies squarely at the feet of Obama, and by proxy the Democrats in general.
Okay minor thread hijack over, back to watching for booms.

ETA: You added more stuff to your post, and I agree Egypt is more than happy to sit on the sidelines and laugh at Obama right along with Israel. Which just goes to show how bizarre our "foreign policy" has been for a while. Egypt is kind of playing Free Safety for Israel right now actually, they aren't saying one nice thing about Hamas (unlike in the past) and are actively locking down their side of the Gaza border (again unlike in the past) so...in a way Obama's incompetence on the issue actually helped with that small part of this whole deal. The big parts though, yeah he dropped the ball worse than Stevie Wonder did when he tried out for the baseball team.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:19:24 PM EDT
[#12]
in depth debunking of that "israeli sniper killing civilian" vid in three parts

http://www.thomaswictor.com/fake-atrocity-video-from-gaza/

http://www.thomaswictor.com/update-phony-gaza-sniper-video/

http://www.thomaswictor.com/gaza-sniper-video-definiteively-debunked/
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:26:24 PM EDT
[#13]
this guy also has a take on that alleged "Shijaiyah market massacre"

http://www.thomaswictor.com/massacre-at-shijaiyah/

seems pretty reasonable it was secondary explosions from hamas rockets after they hit a warehouse next door and not a direct strike on the market
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:30:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Israel News Feed @IsraelHatzolah  ·  1m
UPDATE: Security Situation along Gaza border, all clear given, roads reopening.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:37:20 PM EDT
[#15]
They showed most of the footage on that Market explosion on CNN last night.  The one thing that I noticed is that it didn't seem to be bombs from aircraft.  And the camera pans over to a building across the street burning furiously with black smoke getting hit by rounds.  Would not be surprised if the secondaries came from that warehouse they describe.

Here's the video for reference:  http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/jul/31/camera-crew-captures-strike-near-gaza-ambulance

Pay attention to the thick pall of smoke nearby 56 seconds into the video, it may be the source of the secondaries, or those sounds may be tank rounds, you can see what appears to be a tank round or rocket impacting the building  the camera pans to at 1:08, on it's top left corner.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:42:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Wow, nice look at that situation, I didn't see the first video, it certainly sounds like secondaries in his first video, like fireworks gone wrong.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:43:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They showed most of the footage on that Market explosion on CNN last night.  The one thing that I noticed is that it didn't seem to be bombs from aircraft.  And the camera pans over to a building across the street burning furiously with black smoke getting hit by rounds.  Would not be surprised if the secondaries came from that warehouse they describe.

Here's the video for reference:  http://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2014/jul/31/camera-crew-captures-strike-near-gaza-ambulance

Pay attention to the thick pall of smoke nearby 56 seconds into the video, it may be the source of the secondaries, or those sounds may be tank rounds, you can see what appears to be a tank round or rocket impacting the building  the camera pans to at 1:08, on it's top left corner.
View Quote

Is this a Pali custom?   Ambulance pulls up and is immediately surrounded by dozens of bystanders.  As soon as it stops, bystanders rip open ambulance doors and start screaming at the ambulance crew.  

Any, scratch another 17, I can't find a fuck to give.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Oh he's way the hell out there, but I don't think Liberals will get pissed off enough at him not to swallow whatever bullshit he's trying to feed them on any topic. Liberalism is a mental disorder, logic doesn't factor in to their worldview especially when it comes to elections.

Having said that, I think (and hope) that Democrats are going to get thoroughly fucked in November by those "independent" sorts who actually have half a clue, they won't reflexively vote (D) just because it's the "In Thing" to do like it was in '08 and '12. I mean, you don't have to be a Fellow at the Heritage Foundation to know that our foreign policy is a complete clusterfuck and the blame for that lies squarely at the feet of Obama, and by proxy the Democrats in general.

ETA: You added more stuff to your post, and I agree Egypt is more than happy to sit on the sidelines and laugh at Obama right along with Israel. Which just goes to show how bizarre our "foreign policy" has been for a while. Egypt is kind of playing Free Safety for Israel right now actually, they aren't saying one nice thing about Hamas (unlike in the past) and are actively locking down their side of the Gaza border (again unlike in the past) so...in a way Obama's incompetence on the issue actually helped with that small part of this whole deal. The big parts though, yeah he dropped the ball worse than Stevie Wonder did when he tried out for the baseball team.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Israel helped the old and the current Egyptian govt. with the Muslim brotherhood.  Israel supported the old/ new Egyptian govt when Obama abandoned them.  Egypt knows this.  Hamas came from the Muslim brotherhood and when the brotherhood briefly ran Egypt, Hamas sort of dumped Iran for the brotherhood controlled Egypt.  (They went back to their origins)  When that train wrecked, Hamas was alone and back begging Iran for support again.....
Egypt wants to be the one who brokers any cease fire because they will be able to control it and make sure Hamas/ brotherhhod doesn't get too strong.  Israel wants Egypt to be involved for the same reasons.
Egypt is also more than happy to take any glory of a diplomatic win away from Obama and put it in their own pocket.  Pay back and also looks good for Egypt.  I hope it works out that way too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
this guy also has a take on that alleged "Shijaiyah market massacre"

seems pretty reasonable it was secondary explosions from hamas rockets after they hit a warehouse next door and not a direct strike on the market
View Quote

When I saw that for the 20th time on CNN I thought the same thing. Looked like a hit on rocket storage and secondary's hit those people in the video.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:47:47 PM EDT
[#20]
IDF: Since the start of Operation Protective Edge more than 400 rockets launched by Hamas towards Israel have fallen within the Gaza Strip.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Iron Beam for the win??
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

IDF: Since the start of Operation Protective Edge more than 400 rockets launched by Hamas towards Israel have fallen within the Gaza Strip.
View Quote
The main thing that I've learned so far is the Allah is a really shitty shot, but Israel's God can knock on your roof, and then put one right through your window.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I'd love it if...
within 20 seconds of a launch detected in Gaza... there was an inbound missile to that location.
Like...

Drone detects a launch and obtains the gps coord of it. 2sec

Human Gets the replay of the launch and the cross-hairs of where the responding missile will hit.

They can move the cross-hairs and either approve or disapprove the strike.  17sec

Missile launches 1sec.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:12:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'd love it if...

within 20 seconds of a launch detected in Gaza... there was an inbound missile to that location.  
View Quote
Aren't there counter-battery systems in existence than can do that?  I thought that was the whole reason why artillery units are taught to shoot and scoot.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#25]
If this was an unrestricted war I think you'd see the kind of counterbattery you guys are describing.

But I think it goes like this:

Rocket fired from top of apartment building toward Ashkelon

Drone sees rocket launch, reports in the location.

Assesses if civilians are nearby, and other important structures.

Sometimes the strike is aborted because civvies are too close to the launch area.

I've also seen evidence that these knocks on the roof, are actually causing Hamas to move people to that location so as to preclude a full strike on that location.

Knock on the roof, followed by human shields moving to same roof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTArVIHDelg

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:31:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Telegraph, Occutard, and Gaza Live all up with different views.  Seeing flares and hearing artillery and drones.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If this was an unrestricted war I think you'd see the kind of counterbattery you guys are describing.

Sometimes the strike is aborted because civvies are too close to the launch area.

I've also seen evidence that these knocks on the roof, are actually causing Hamas to move people to that location so as to preclude a full strike on that location.

http://www.idfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/157256b-eng.jpg

http://www.idfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/654668b-eng.jpg

View Quote

Those aren't human shields, those are enemy combatants as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Fox News says 72 hour humanitarian ceasefire.

Also every time Shep Smith says "The Gaza" I want to punch him in the throat, the word "the" doesn't come before "Gaza" unless that word is immediately followed by the word "Strip."
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Those aren't human shields, those are enemy combatants as far as I'm concerned.
View Quote

Yea, I don't call the shots but if I had my way the main bomb would still hit that target and take out those guys with it.  They would learn quickly not to use such a tactic.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Fox News says

ISRAEL, HAMAS AGREE TO UNCONDITIONAL, 72-HOUR HUMANITARIAN CEASE-FIRE TO BEGIN FRIDAY, US AND UN SAY

Place bets how long Hamas will hold......
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Also every time Shep Smith says "The Gaza" I want to punch him in the throat, the word "the" doesn't come before "Gaza" unless that word is immediately followed by the word "Strip."
View Quote

Same thing on CNN...U.S. and UN agree for a ceasefire. Well, that's great if Israel and Hamas agree to it.

I guarantee you Hamas will shoot rockets in the next 10 hours.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Fox News says

ISRAEL, HAMAS AGREE TO UNCONDITIONAL, 72-HOUR HUMANITARIAN CEASE-FIRE TO BEGIN FRIDAY, US AND UN SAY

Place bets how long Hamas will hold......
View Quote

It's a bunch of crap....Israel should not let up. Let Hamas shoot one rocket up and light them up again.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:43:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Same thing on CNN...U.S. and UN agree for a ceasefire. Well, that's great if Israel and Hamas agree to it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn It!!!! I can't tell you how many times I've checked at work and read where things were going boom................

Only to come home to a cease fire.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:46:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Just leave your Rocket warning site up for the weekend gentlemen.  This won't last, only thing that's going to happen is Hamas repositioning and setting up new rocket launch sites and setting traps for a future IDF ground move into Gaza.  This gives Hamas 3 days to work with less pressure on them from combined IDF Air/Land/Sea strikes.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:47:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn it!!

This means I'm going to have to mow the lawn this weekend, and see family.....
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:48:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

http://www.idfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/157256b-eng.jpg

http://www.idfblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/654668b-eng.jpg

View Quote

I would troll the shit out of them and do knocks on a bunch of buildings in the neighborhood.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Flares on Gaza Live!!

Maybe some last minute IDF punches being thrown at Hamas?
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#38]
lol josepha, I thought the same thing.

You could for example hit 3 other nearby buildings with the knock on the roof, then just strike the 4th target that didn't get the knock.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 5:50:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Flares on Gaza Live!!

Maybe some last minute IDF punches being thrown at Hamas?
View Quote

IDF tweets that it starts 8:00 a.m. local time...they also say, they got 90% of the tunnels closed.

$50 says Hamas will be shooting rockets at daylight.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:03:15 PM EDT
[#40]
bunch of long range ones near Tel Aviv.  Small arms on the feeds.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:03:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

DAMN LOOK AT ALL THOSE!

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:05:22 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

DAMN LOOK AT ALL THOSE!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

DAMN LOOK AT ALL THOSE!

looks like they went big on that one.

I guess they thought they were running out of time

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#43]
What Feeds? I'm watching Gaza Live and didn't see anything
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Small arms and tank fire on the feeds, looks like all hell might break loose before the "Cease Fire"
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Telegraph and Occupied have small arms.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Rocket alert site. SOmeone will post link

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#47]
http://redcolormapweb.azurewebsites.net/english        
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Telegraph and Occupied have small arms.
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#49]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
http://redcolormapweb.azurewebsites.net/english        
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Jehad is up.  Had some close strikes near him.
Page / 145
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top