Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/14/2014 7:06:41 AM EDT
I got this PM yesterday from an arfcommer in Wisconsin:

"My wife is a dispatcher at a local 911 comm center. Last week someone dropped a dog off at the PD that they found as a stray. There wasn't anyone available to take it to the shelter for several hours so it hung out in the comm center. My wife said it was an awesome dog and was very relaxed. Well it eventually got turned over to the shelter and is now up for adoption, for the 3rd time.

http://www.petango.com/Adopt/Dog-Shepherd-Australian-Cattle-Dog-13164845#.U8MqfBipldM.facebook

We already have two dogs and two cats, and just can't take on another dog. I can assist in driving the dog someplace, if it goes down before Wednesday (when I go back to work)."

So can anyone give this dog a home.  Our man in Wisconsin is willing to give the dog a ride to his new home.

Here's the dog.  His name is Buddy:

Update:  I have been in touch with the shelter and the lady in charge is a great person.  She needs arfcom's help to win a contest.  So hurry up and vote.  The dogs need us.

Here's the e mail that was sent to me:

Hello Fluffy,

I received your money order for Buddy today. We have a family coming in to meet with him later this afternoon. In an effort to help future dogs like Buddy would you consider posting this information on your message boards? Our Shelter is a finalist in a photo contest and if we win we will receive $5,000! Below is more information!

Please vote for Oscar and South Wood County Humane Society at the link below!! We could win $5,000!

Our submission to the Wahl Dirty Dogs Before & After Photo Gallery has been selected as a finalist entry and is eligible to win a $5,000 cash grant for your shelter or rescue! Starting immediately, you and your friends, family, and supporters can vote for your photo once a day on the Wahl Dirty Dogs Facebook app through July 31.

The three entries with most votes will win cash grants in the amounts of $5,000 (grand prize) or $1,000 (runner up).

https://www.facebook.com/WahlHome/app_503936566404548?ref=ts

Thank you!
Bridget

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:16:42 AM EDT
[#1]

Who wants this dog?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Bump for Buddy!
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:35:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Good looking mutt.
Will make someone a good companion.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Bump for a good home.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:38:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Nobody? That's a good looking dog...
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Sign me up for transport help if needed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#7]

I just got off the phone with the nice lady at the shelter.  I am going to send the shelter a donation and be one of Buddy's sponsors.

The lady told me that Buddy is a wonderfully lazy dog.  He is the kind of dog who loves to rest on the porch and hang out.  He is not one of those dogs who will run away at the first opportunity.  Buddy wants to be your best friend.  The lady at the shelter also said that he loves to eat hot dogs and cheese.  ( I'm not happy with him eating hot dogs; hopefully after he get adopted we can give me some proper snacks such as roast beef, venison and steak.)

I will help with this dogs travel expenses.  Now who will step to become Buddy's best friend?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:54:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Did they mention how Buddy gets along with other animals, both dogs and cats?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Im going on a road trip Thursday to southern Indiana. If Buddy finds a home and needs a ride between here and there I can help out.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did they mention how Buddy gets along with other animals, both dogs and cats?
View Quote

Let me call the shelter.  I'll be back

ETA: Voicemail.  I will try again later
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I lost my buddy in April and I'm not ready for a new best friend.  That being said, I'll volunteer transport through IL-IN-SW MI should Buddy need it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I paged a friend of mine to the thread. He's mentioned possibly looking to get a dog in the near future.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:15:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I can possibly help with travel depending on where in WI, I already have two dogs though, and my wife would kill me
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#14]

I just spoke with Bridget at the shelter.  She tell me that, "Buddy is a very well-behaved dog".  The previous owner was tracked down and he could not take care of the dog anymore.  

Bridget said that Buddy is good with other dogs and cats.

Let's get this dog a home.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:19:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I can possibly help with travel depending on where in WI, I already have two dogs though, and my wife would kill me
View Quote

Maybe you could drop your wife off at the shelter and pick up the dog.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I cant take him as I already have 4, but I would be happy to help any way I can.  Does he need another sponsor?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:30:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I just spoke with Bridget at the shelter.  She tell me that, "Buddy is a very well-behaved dog".  The previous owner was tracked down and he could not take care of the dog anymore.  

View Quote

I have several.  I'm in rural MS with some decent acreage.  Fenced in about 2 acres of the backyard just for them.  All either rescued/adopted/owner surrender/strays I couldn't find homes for.    If no one steps up,  I could take Buddy.  He would be taken care of and spoiled right along with my others.  But I would like to be considered as maybe a last resort if that makes any sense.  Give someone else a chance.   I posted some pictures of my last adoption in the "pets" forum.  Would need help in getting him down here though.  At least as far as Memphis (maybe).    I have a soft spot for the old lazy dogs.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:36:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like someone's new best friend.

Back up for Buddy.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:50:23 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm full up on dogs, four, but I'm in northern illinois if transport is needed, or funds.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 6:55:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have several.  I'm in rural MS with some decent acreage.  Fenced in about 2 acres of the backyard just for them.  All either rescued/adopted/owner surrender/strays I couldn't find homes for.    If no one steps up,  I could take Buddy.  He would be taken care of and spoiled right along with my others.  But I would like to be considered as maybe a last resort if that makes any sense.  Give someone else a chance.   I posted some pictures of my last adoption in the "pets" forum.  Would need help in getting him down here though.  At least as far as Memphis (maybe).    I have a soft spot for the old lazy dogs.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depending on which day I could take him to the STL area if he can make it to me in central IL. Like I said im heading to southern Indiana on Thursday, I can go a bit out of my way to help out

eta- Im heading to Evansville In if someone could meet me there. Lets see where he ends up. Im more than willing to let him tag along if he needs a ride.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#21]
he's abuot 1.5 hours from me.
I will help with transport.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#22]

I will talk some more with Bridget tomorrow.  I will try to find out more about the dog
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 7:31:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Bump for doggie.   I'll be out of town for a funeral till Thursday and it would be awesome to see he had a new home when I got back.  If not,  maybe we'll start working out a plan to get him down here.
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:09:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Bump. Anything new?
Link Posted: 7/15/2014 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Bump.

Also.

Pics of wife.

Rules are rules.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#26]
C'mon guys? Look at that face. I'd take him if I wasn't already over capacity.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#27]

I would take him too.  But Bimba is a very jealous dog and she would probably attack him
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:59:52 PM EDT
[#28]
What part of WI?  Approx weight of the dog?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#29]
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, WI, 54495

My guess is 50# but I'm just guessing. Call 'em in the morning. (715) 423-0505 or email [email protected] .  His ID# is 58764.

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:34:10 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm in Cheyenne, WY, right up I80.  More info on Buddy, please (size, age, etc.)  I'm looking for a new pal, but he'd be a shop dog and have to deal with customers when they come in.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#31]
I would but transport to WA is an issue.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:01:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I would but transport to WA is an issue.
View Quote

Thats what this thread is about. Plenty of ARFcommers will make up a supply chain to get this dog to you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Still no one?
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Bump to help out a pup in need of a new home
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Why is he only good for kids older than 7?  How much is the "reduced" adoption fee?  

My family has been considering getting a dog, but I can't believe how expensive humane societies have gotten in the past 15 years, since I adopted our last dog...
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Why is he only good for kids older than 7?  How much is the "reduced" adoption fee?  

My family has been considering getting a dog, but I can't believe how expensive humane societies have gotten in the past 15 years, since I adopted our last dog...
View Quote

If you will adopt the dog, I will pay all the fees.  I have already sent the shelter a donation.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:44:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Many shelters have policies against placing dogs in households with very young children for liability purposes. Especially adult dogs. Many of them have unknown histories, so there is no way to tell if the dog is ok around children or has a bite history. And even if they are owner surrenders and come with a history, all too often the people surrendering the dogs lie. They don't want to admit that the dog has behavior problems for fear that the rescue won't take the dog.

Unfortunately, the policies apply to all the dogs, not just the ones that aren't good with small children. The rescues don't want injured children, or dogs being put down or returned because they made a bad placement.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

If you will adopt the dog, I will pay all the fees.  I have already sent the shelter a donation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a very kind offer, and I sincerely appreciate it.  But I have two children under 7.  I'm not paying the prices that breeders are asking, and I didn't realize it's common for shelters to just insert that language as boilerplate liability protection.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That's a very kind offer, and I sincerely appreciate it.  But I have two children under 7.  I'm not paying the prices that breeders are asking, and I didn't realize it's common for shelters to just insert that language as boilerplate liability protection.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you help us out?  If you are in Wisconsin, can you just visit the dog?  Go and see him and report back to us.  Let us know what he is like.  A first hand report from an arfcommer will work wonders.  So could you please help us by doing some recon work for us?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 3:02:30 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Can you help us out?  If you are in Wisconsin, can you just visit the dog?  Go and see him and report back to us.  Let us know what he is like.  A first hand report from an arfcommer will work wonders.  So could you please help us by doing some recon work for us?
View Quote

I'm not near Wisconsin Rapids, but if my work sends me in that direction I'll make time to stop and see him.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Any further news?

I've been kind of looking for a younger dog, since I get very invested in them and it wrecks me when they pass.  But I'm willing to take him on if it's that or the long sleep.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#43]
HOUND DOG!
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:17:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Bump for the pup
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Any further news?

I've been kind of looking for a younger dog, since I get very invested in them and it wrecks me when they pass.  But I'm willing to take him on if it's that or the long sleep.  
View Quote

OP - please update. Sounds like we have a taker if he's up for a road trip!
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:38:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 12:04:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Updates?
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:22:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Evening bump
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lets get Buddy a home - looks like a nice pup
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:25:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Got my hands full with my current dog, but here's a free bump for Buddy.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top