Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 5:20:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Super, Super Frank
View Quote
had two more goals for City today in the League Cup.

Link Posted: 9/24/2014 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:07:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Bradders,

Is there an Arfcom of football over there?  A good forum or at least a few good fan sites?
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Gerard with the beautiful set piece.

Liverpool up 1-0
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#9]

That's two games in a row a sloppy clear has ended in a goal for the wrong team.  I know English style is possess and build an attack, but in stoppage time when everyone is forward, just kick the piss out of it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I am getting tried of Wayne Rooney selling me Chevys.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 11:06:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That's two games in a row a sloppy clear has ended in a goal for the wrong team.  I know English style is possess and build an attack, but in stoppage time when everyone is forward, just kick the piss out of it.
View Quote

Ergh
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#12]

Thank God I was at Disney with the family and missed this one.

I didn't even record it, so nothing broken in or around the house.

They need help in a big way.

Zhuk is happy, however.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:14:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

There's only one team in London  
View Quote
That's won the European Cup.

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I think everyone that posts in this thread would like this:  Vitesse Arnhem, Netherlands is auctioning the match worn kit they wore to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the British 1st Airborne defending their city.  
It should be noted that this isn't just something Vitesse did this year to mark the 70th anniversary of the battle. There is an entire airborne museum in Arnhem, and Vitesse has been wearing a version of the airborne kit for years. Veterans from the 1st Airborne are regularly invited back to Arnhem, and are feted like the heroes they are.  

While the Allied forces lost the Battle of Arnhem and the larger operation (Market Garden) was unsuccessful, the 1st Airbone held out much longer than expected, despite facing tanks, artillery, and mortars, and suffering heavy losses. As a result of the casualties, the division never saw combat again and was disbanded after the war ended.  Link  
View Quote

We've previously written about the club's special connection with the 1st Airbone, and will continue to do, as it cannot be understated how important it is to remember the service and sacrifice of those brave individuals, nor can it be understated how rare it is for an entire city to fully recognise and embrace that importance.  More; scroll down to Arnhem mourns the passing of an Airborne hero.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/29/2014 8:02:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:08:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Welbeck with a CL hattrick v. Galatasaray. Would van Gaal like him back at this point?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:48:15 AM EDT
[#18]
What a match so far - Chelsea v. Arsenal.  Chippy play, Arsenal's defense better than last year, Wenger shoves Mourinho after Cahill late tackle and yellow card.  Courtois off, Cech in after collision with Sanchez.  Hazard just drew a penalty and converted. Wow!

Chelsea's trainer is as hot as ever, BTW.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What a match so far - Chelsea v. Arsenal.  Chippy play, Arsenal's defense better than last year, Wenger shoves Mourinho after Cahill late tackle and yellow card.  Courtois off, Cech in after collision with Sanchez.  Hazzard just drew a penalty and converted. Wow!

View Quote

Thought Mourinho was going to pull his tie for a moment.  Don't see that kind of passion in American sports staffs.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thought Mourinho was going to pull his tie for a moment.  Don't see that kind of passion in American sports staffs.  
View Quote

Can't you just see Rex Ryan v Bill Belicheck faceoff center field on the 50 yard line?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:18:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Fabregas and Costa - proving once again they were the signings of the summer

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:54:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I keep hoping this tandem will be as successful in CL as in EPL.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:Chelsea's trainer is as hot as ever, BTW.
View Quote

Twitter #LadyPhysio
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It'd be awesome.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What a match so far - Chelsea v. Arsenal.  Chippy play, Arsenal's defense better than last year, Wenger shoves Mourinho after Cahill late tackle and yellow card.  Courtois off, Cech in after collision with Sanchez.  Hazard just drew a penalty and converted. Wow!

View Quote

I pointed her out to my wife and said she has hundreds of photos and followers all over the net.

She said, "Meh"

Oh well, I think she's hot.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eva Carneiro?

Monk
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#27]
The "Men in Blazers" show on NBC Sports Network Mondays at  9pm CST is a hilarious recap of the weekend in EPL action. Lots of American pop culture references and guests.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:57:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:38:13 PM EDT
[#29]
I think I've pulled my groin, can you have a look Eva?

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 2:15:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 6:11:47 PM EDT
[#31]

Nice. However it states she's a Dr.

I believe she is nothing more than a beautiful athletic trainer.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Here is some more info on her...

Chelsea first-team doctor Eva Carneiro. Born in Gibraltar to a Spanish father and English mother, Eva studied medicine at Nottingham University before working in emergency surgery in the Highlands. She studied in Australia, did an MSc in London and a thesis at West Ham.

Link-A-Roo

Link Posted: 10/9/2014 8:01:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Link-A-Roo

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chelsea first-team doctor Eva Carneiro. Born in Gibraltar to a Spanish father and English mother, Eva studied medicine at Nottingham University before working in emergency surgery in the Highlands. She studied in Australia, did an MSc in London and a thesis at West Ham.

Link-A-Roo

The degree "MSc" (in red) is a Masters in Science. Not a MD, Doctorate or PhD.

They refer to her as "Doctor" much the same way as Marines call Navy medics "Doc."

Not to argue with you, but just pointing out the mistake.

I'd still let her rub on a groin pull.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:43:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
SNIP

The degree "MSc" (in red) is a Masters in Science. Not a MD, Doctorate or PhD.

They refer to her as "Doctor" much the same way as Marines call Navy medics "Doc."

Not to argue with you, but just pointing out the mistake.

I'd still let her rub on a groin pull.
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification.
Damn English and Spaniards need to speak 'Merican mo better.

Monk
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:12:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Yedlin to complete his transfer to Spurs in January - depending on his ability to get a Latvian passport.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 10:04:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Good interview with Roy Keane,
Hopefully it'll play for you guys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29563240
View Quote

Damn shame, he shave his beard off.

Monk
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 9:24:07 AM EDT
[#38]
4 goals for Aguero v Spurs plus he had one penalty saved by Lloris.  I guess he's fit again after his lackluster World Cup.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#39]
CFC keeps a 5 point lead at the top of the table.  Palace really had a chance to make a comeback against a 10 man Chelsea, but that 2nd yellow so quick after Azpil got sent off put a damper in their chances.  Will be interesting to see how the Blues handle their midweek Champions League clash, with their better guys having played >45 minutes on 10 men, and with Diego Costa not fit.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:25:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Liverpool looking flat. Only a few chances
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:32:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

The lack of defense really stands out this year, since there isn't a offense like last year.

In last nights "what is the oddest thing you have been called n ARFCOM" thread, I did put down "Scouse Wanker"
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 10:24:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The lack of defense really stands out this year, since there isn't a offense like last year.

In last nights "what is the oddest thing you have been called n ARFCOM" thread, I did put down "Scouse Wanker"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The end of the second half was pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was working and missed out
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Still better than "bin dipper"

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#45]
That Liverpool QPR game was awesome. QPR has apparently the worst luck in finishing. 2 crossbars and a one on one missed. Hard luck for sure. I also forgot about the 2 OGs by QPR. Just not a good day for them.

Balotelli was knocking on the door. I have a feeling when he does finally get a goal, it's gonna rain.

Aguero. Fucking spectacular. He could have had 7-8 goals yesterday.

I didn't get to watch the Southampton game, but 4 assists and a goal by Tadic is nothing to sneeze at...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:45:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That Liverpool QPR game was awesome. QPR has apparently the worst luck in finishing. 2 crossbars and a one on one missed. Hard luck for sure. I also forgot about the 2 OGs by QPR. Just not a good day for them.

Balotelli was knocking on the door. I have a feeling when he does finally get a goal, it's gonna rain.

Aguero. Fucking spectacular. He could have had 7-8 goals yesterday.

I didn't get to watch the Southampton game, but 4 assists and a goal by Tadic is nothing to sneeze at...
View Quote

Even as a Liverpool fan I feel bad for QPR.  They earned at least a point.

Completely disagree with Balotelli.  So far this season others have done the work to create several chances for him that he has completely blown (like the completely open goal, over the crossbar shot last game).  He, however, has done nothing to create chances for others (unlike Suarez last season).  He's the soccer version of George Constanza, a true "chucker" at heart.  If you watched closely at the beginning of the break that led to Coutinho's goal, you saw an obvious outlet pass to Balotelli that Sterling passed up in order to take on his defender by himself.  We're going to continue to see more of that as long as Rodger's keeps that bum on the field.

His best performance was last game coming off  the bench.  That's where he should start every game.  Lambert and Lallana paired well for SH last year, I'm not sure why Rodgers is sitting Ricky so much.  

God, I can't wait  for Sturridge to get back.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Apparently, when I signed up for the ManU US tour news this spring, I also signed up for a "locker clean out" contest.

I won.

Arrived today.

I have a niece who is going to go bat shit crazy happy.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Holy fuck.  That's one hell of a haul.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:37:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Give your niece her choice of one item.

Everything else

http://www.ebay.co.uk/

Use proceeds towards guns, ammo, parts cuz' yur a 'murican!
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Give your niece her choice of one item.

Everything else

http://www.ebay.co.uk/

Use proceeds towards guns, ammo, parts cuz' yur a 'murican!
View Quote

You seem to be residing in my head!  

ETA: yeah, it is a hell of a haul, as pointed out above.  Apparently, game worn De Gea jerseys are selling online for ~ $4-500!

BTW, they are DEFINITELY worn.  There's a bit of a "whiff" to them.

Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top