Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 18
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:53:20 AM EDT
[#2]
United Haters and Scouse Wankers Unite.  Today's the day.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:55:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Sakhos first chip clear floated enough a teammate got whacked trying to bring it down, so he floats another across the back to give away possession again.  Brilliant.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:00:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 2:49:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Managed to see the second half of Hull v Chelsea.

This run in to the title isn't easy
View Quote

Up 6 points with a game in hand?  It's possible to flub it, but I think they've got it in the bag.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:26:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Up 6 points with a game in hand?  It's possible to flub it, but I think they've got it in the bag.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

1) They still have back to back games against Man U (H) and Arsenal (A).  

2) They have been shaky of late.

3) Costa might have a hamstring injury again.

4) 9 games left.

It's not over.  If theyget 6 points in the next two games, I'll feel better.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

4) 9 games left.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

4) 9 games left.

It wasn't a good day, so I'm in a pessimistic mood.  

Man City still has Man U on the schedule, Arsenal still has Liverpool in addition to Chelsea, Man U still has Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City....you get the idea.  Everyone remotely close to catching up have tough games coming up too.

But you're right, 9 games left and anything could happen.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 6:09:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Suarez with the go ahead goal after halftime. Barca held RM off the rest of the half including 3 minutes of extra time. Very chippy match with 11 yellow cards but no one sent off.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I can't believe Stephen Gerrard was Red Carded 30 seconds after coming in as a second half replacement. That challenge was a yellow card, but red? F that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:47:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I can't believe Stephen Gerrard was Red Carded 30 seconds after coming in as a second half replacement. That challenge was a yellow card, but red? F that.
View Quote

Honestly, his red card was the least egregious decision the ref made and I won't argue against it being a red at all.  Guess he had the blood up for the last Derby, and did something stupid that hurt the team.  That was a justified red card, IMO.

What annoyed me was identical fouls that resulted in yellow cards for Liverpool players and no more than a foul and a kick for the mancs.  

It was just a bad game all around....some questionable calls, shoddy possession, a basically invisible midfield...and it sucked watching united actually look like a decent team again and do their characteristic attacks up the sides.  

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#12]
But you do have to give it to Mata. He actually showed up for once in a long while. The second goal was pretty spectacular.

I think the card was justified, it's just a bummer to see that happen in a game like that. Oh well, at least Spurs won, not that that means anything anymore...
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
But you do have to give it to Mata. He actually showed up for once in a long while. The second goal was pretty spectacular.

I think the card was justified, it's just a bummer to see that happen in a game like that. Oh well, at least Spurs won, not that that means anything anymore...
View Quote

Mata had a hell of a game.  So did Fellini (sp?)  Fro headed bastard was all over the place.

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 2:01:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Mata had a hell of a game.  So did Fellini (sp?)  Fro headed bastard was all over the place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed, although I though the red was on the challenge originally so I  was very surprised

Mata's second goal was nuts but you could see it coming

Link Posted: 3/24/2015 1:59:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Has Andy Tate commented on the match yet?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 4:43:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Altidore with a sweet set up for the USMNT
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 6:48:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No, straight red
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, straight red

Skrtel's 3 game suspension for his after the final whistle stomp of de Gea is upheld by the FA.  At least Stevie G manned up and apologized to teammates, manager and supporters after the game and DIDN'T go through the charade of an appeal.

Both will miss Arsenal, Newcastle and the FA Cup semi after the International break.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Honestly, his red card was the least egregious decision the ref made and I won't argue against it being a red at all.  Guess he had the blood up for the last Derby, and did something stupid that hurt the team.  That was a justified red card, IMO.

What annoyed me was identical fouls that resulted in yellow cards for Liverpool players and no more than a foul and a kick for the mancs.  

It was just a bad game all around....some questionable calls, shoddy possession, a basically invisible midfield...and it sucked watching united actually look like a decent team again and do their characteristic attacks up the sides.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I vented my spleen at a coworker who refs local games and he explained it to me so I could understand why the red card. Now I'm just pissed at Gerrard for doing something so stupid.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Well done the Shrews.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 8:31:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Gunners 3-0 at the half.  ETA:  Final - Arsenal 4 Liverpool 1 (PK)

Quoted:
So last weekend one of my Nephews friends was tragically killed when he was hit by a train when he apparentlyslipped on the platform.
His brother was critically injured, and we aren't sure yet whether he'll pull through.

Nick Mann was a Shrewsbury Town supporter, and today the club and fans paid their own tribute.
View Quote

I continue to be impressed by the love and respect English football clubs have for their supporters.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So last weekend one of my Nephews friends was tragically killed when he was hit by a train when he apparentlyslipped on the platform.
His brother was critically injured, and we aren't sure yet whether he'll pull through.

Nick Mann was a Shrewsbury Town supporter, and today the club and fans paid their own tribute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YD8GMTzwxU&feature=youtu.be
View Quote

Nicely done.

Monk
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#24]
I hope Jose has the balls to pull Courtois after that howler.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:29:54 AM EDT
[#25]
That was quite a shot by Adam.

Hope Cap'n Kane can get a big win for Spurs today. It would be nice to jump up the table a bit. I can't count Burnley out, not after the City game.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 2:58:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That was quite a shot by Adam.

Hope Cap'n Kane can get a big win for Spurs today. It would be nice to jump up the table a bit. I can't count Burnley out, not after the City game.
View Quote

And Chelsea, Southampton, Man U, City again and now Spurs. For some reason, they really step up when the big teams are in town, or away, but when it comes to middle on down, they kind of play to their level. It's pretty frustrating. Not scoring, not getting that last touch. And yet still outworking opposing teams. I'm hoping they can make enough points in the last 7games to stay up. I've always liked the underdog and Dyche really knows how to motivate his players. Ings will be gone next year, guaranteed. Boyd, Trippier, have been very helpful. 5 assists for Trippier, but he's constantly pushing forward and serving balls into the middle and he still gets back on defense and makes very good stops. I'm kind of smitten with Burnley. The stadium, the atmosphere.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:52:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I'm kind of smitten with Burnley. The stadium, the atmosphere.
View Quote

Listen to the Men in Blazers podcast http://meninblazers.com/podcasts interview with Dave Fishwick for more Burnley insights - starts around minute 51.  The entire population of Burnley would fit in Old Trafford with room to spare.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Crystal Palace 2-1 Man City

City now down to 4th

View Quote

Gunners in second.

Have to be careful in Burnley. Trap game.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 6:57:26 PM EDT
[#30]
City was obviously distracted by The Crystals
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

City was obviously distracted by The Crystals
View Quote
Not bad to look at, but cheerleaders don't belong in football.

I will say Burnley didn't look terrible on Sunday. Both teams weren't great. Neither could possess the ball very well. That was a big opportunity missed for Spurs, especially with City losing today.

Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Selhurst Park: Where Title Aspirations Go To Die
Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:13:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Selhurst Park: Where Title Aspirations Go To Die
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#34]
GGMU!!

Tough four weeks ahead tho.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 5:25:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Manchester Derby today and I'm going to be stuck at work.

Hoping for a draw.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Nice W for the Blues at Loftus Road.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:42:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#38]
All is not well down in the Bunker.

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
United are thrashing City 4-1
View Quote

I was conflicted watching that.

Taking City down a peg?

United winning?  

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:56:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Chelsea under 19s beat Shakhtar Donetsk 3-2 today to win the UEFA Youth League.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Come on Liverpool.

Maybe the new lanyard is helping
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:44:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Barring a colossal fuck up Liverpool should have this
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:54:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Is it just me or is Sterling vastly over-rated?  And I say this as a Liverpool fan.  More often than not when the ball goes to him it is a dead end, as he is convinced it is his job to try to beat the defender(s) in front of him.  Occasionally he gets through and scores a highlight reel goal.  More often than not the ball is given away; he almost never creates chances for others.  And how many times did he have the ball at his feet against New Castle in a position to score only to blow it?  An in-form Sturridge would have had a hat trick in that position.

I'd love to see Liverpool tell him to pound sand on his new contract.  He's not even worth what he turned down.  Give a bonus to Coutinho and Henderson, the guys that are doing the work to create the chances.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:19:37 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Is it just me or is Sterling vastly over-rated?  And I say this as a Liverpool fan.  More often than not when the ball goes to him it is a dead end, as he is convinced it is his job to try to beat the defender(s) in front of him.  Occasionally he gets through and scores a highlight reel goal.  More often than not the ball is given away; he almost never creates chances for others.  And how many times did he have the ball at his feet against New Castle in a position to score only to blow it?  An in-form Sturridge would have had a hat trick in that position.

I'd love to see Liverpool tell him to pound sand on his new contract.  He's not even worth what he turned down.  Give a bonus to Coutinho and Henderson, the guys that are doing the work to create the chances.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 6:00:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Keep him away from Arsenal, too.  We don't need added drama.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:21:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:25:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Big Game tomorrow and it's hard to score when you've got a hurt Diego.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Go Chelsea!
View Quote

C'mon you Red Devils !!!

A draw works today

Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top