Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2014 9:01:11 AM EDT
Been reading the book "Methland" which illustrates scenarios where US law enforcement officers have had their families threatened by Mexican drug cartels unless they called off investigations. It's commonplace in Mexico for police and their families to be murdered, so no reason to expect it can't happen here.

In the case of a US police officer's family being killed, would you support covert ops and raids into Mexico to exact revenge against cartel members' family members including women and children to send a message not to fuck with our people?
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You want to invade a sovereign country to exact revenge?

How 'bout we legalize drugs, so that these criminal gangs lose their primary source of income and reason to exist?
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:04:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Not eye for eye as you describe it, but I'd probably support telling the Mexican government to get it's terrorism under control or face military action to corral a failed state, similar to Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#3]
<<<
yup!
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Been reading the book "Methland" which illustrates scenarios where US law enforcement officers have had their families threatened by Mexican drug cartels unless they called off investigations. It's commonplace in Mexico for police and their families to be murdered, so no reason to expect it can't happen here.

In the case of a US police officer's family being killed, would you support covert ops and raids into Mexico to exact revenge against cartel members' family members including women and children to send a message not to fuck with our people?
View Quote

Absolutely not.  

I would, however, support SOF raids for the murderers, assuming our guys had the proper support sturcture in place.  These cartel guys are serious.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:09:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not eye for eye as you describe it, but I'd probably support telling the Mexican government to get it's terrorism under control or face military action to corral a failed state, similar to Afghanistan.
View Quote

Oh yeah.  That worked out pretty well.  I'd be thrilled to see the same end state as Afghanistan right on our border.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How 'bout we legalize drugs, so that these criminal gangs lose their primary source of income and reason to exist?
View Quote

Correct answer.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Of course.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#8]
YES
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:14:32 AM EDT
[#9]
That's not what "an eye for an eye" means.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Oh yeah.  That worked out pretty well.  I'd be thrilled to see the same end state as Afghanistan right on our border.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally different situations.  The Mexican people actually want a stable, low-crime, low-corruption government.  They are more-or-less versed in western values.  They are not the filthy, illiterate, goat-and-little-boy fucking savages of Afghanistan.  A short invasion and regime change in Mexico actually might stand a pretty good chance of working out well in the long run.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:19:41 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm more of a Tooth sort of guy, "A Tooth For A Tooth!"
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:21:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

In this situation, I would support the Police Officer whose family was killed to exact revenge, but not any type of government/police sanctioned operations to do it for him.

What you are describing would not really be "eye for an eye", as others have mentioned.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:22:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The cartels are no different than terrorists (Narco-Terrorists) and as such if cartels come across and murder our LE than send in the tip of the spear to kill them.
Pirates/Terrorists in Somalia took a ship and our citizens and the SEAL's were sent in to capture or kill them and they did.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#14]
There's always the Chicago Way.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm all in with raids to kill drug lords and their minions.

I can't get behind killing innocent wives and children though.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:27:14 AM EDT
[#16]
What does the Bible say about "face sewn to a soccer ball for a face sewn to a soccer ball"?
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#17]
"They kill one of yours, you kill two of theirs."
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Totally different situations.  The Mexican people actually want a stable, low-crime, low-corruption government.  They are more-or-less versed in western values.  They are not the filthy, illiterate, goat-and-little-boy fucking savages of Afghanistan.  A short invasion and regime change in Mexico actually might stand a pretty good chance of working out well in the long run.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct if describing the average Mexican worker or citizen. Completely wrong if you are talking about the ones who run that country.  They make afghans look like sesame Street.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:33:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I support that now.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The US, historically, doesn't have the best track record of regime change in Latin countries.  You may have heard of some of the missteps we've taken south of our borders.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:35:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Or the Leroy Jethro Gibbs option.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:35:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
YES
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:36:53 AM EDT
[#24]
If we decide we're going to start running death squads across the border, I don't know why we have to wait for an officer's family to be killed first.  The rest of the world is probably going to see it as an act of state sponsored terrorism before it's over with.  If we're going down that road, we may as well just carpet bomb them or use chemical weapons.  

I believe it's really important for the US to cultivate what little we have left of our reputation as the good guys.  That sort of thing wouldn't help.  

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:38:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
What does the Bible say about "face sewn to a soccer ball for a face sewn to a soccer ball"?
View Quote

Turn the other *cheek* ?

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
"They kill one of yours, you kill two of theirs."
View Quote

Your kill ratio sucks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes but not just for cops.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:41:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The US, historically, doesn't have the best track record of regime change in Latin countries.  You may have heard of some of the missteps we've taken south of our borders.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The United Fruit Company days are over.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:42:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Double post

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#30]
The terrorists already know we will do that and have the capability of doing it.   Law of the Jungle.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:14:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where have I heard this argument before?  Hmmm, oh yes, Iraq.  And Iraqi oil revenue was going to pay for the war as well.   Wanting a stable government and welcoming a foreign invader are not the same thing.  Not even remotely close.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That's not what "an eye for an eye" means.
View Quote

I was going to post that.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

No one will ever support that, it makes too much sense.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:36:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what a home run looks like, folks
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:47:10 AM EDT
[#35]
Tit for tat
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#36]
I would support a drone strike
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:53:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Yes although not targeted at civilians call me a fag all you want but I'll be damned before I condone specifically killing children.  However punitive raids and invasions are just 1 tool in a toolbox that should be available to ensure no one fucks with you and yours, the Israeli's are living proof that for the most part that punitive raids and an eye for an eye works. YMMV.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#38]
We can't even bring one Marine home from a Mehico jail you think were gonna start running covert ops into Mehico?
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:07:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Cue Ray Charles "I can't see shit" pic
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#40]
Lex Talionis

Was good enough for Moses.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:09:45 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Or the Leroy Jethro Gibbs option.
View Quote
^^^^^^

This.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#42]
I can solve multiple problems.

Annex Mexico as our 51st state. Now the illegals have nowhere to go and we go Koresh on the cartels.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

If we're going to spend time and energy killing people, why not just target a few dozen top cartel people and kill them?

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:24:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I support turning the area for 1 mile south of the border into a vast free fire zone!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#45]
Personally?

I tend to forgive.

I have forgiven people that have wronged me and abused me...its the Christian way.

I will defend myself using as much force as necessary, but once the threat ends it ends.

I support apprehension (or neutralization if necessary) of all threats to the United States of America, including narcoterrorists.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top