Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:00:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Can you get an 80% version?

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:01:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I want one!
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:04:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Wonder how many people would shine that around w/o the proper eye protection.  Reflections from that could blind you in a hurry.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:33:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Isn't dificult.  Just stuff a Wicked Laser into a toy. done.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Gotta admit, cool as shit
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:40:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Everything in Star Trek becomes true.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:41:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Very cool.  Can't wait to see what we come up with over the next few decades.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:52:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I am not a trekkie and I like that.  I would prefer it not to have the cheesy sound though.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:53:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Note how much smoke / fog he has going on in the room so you can see the profile of the beam.  With out that, you would just see the dot on the wall, not nearly as cool looking.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:56:05 AM EDT
[#12]
It's all fun and games til someone loses a fucking eye. That said, I want one.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 7:56:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:15:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Someone should build an AR-15 upper that can do that.   Since you wouldn't need the buffer spring you could make the hollow compartment in the butt stock a battery store.  Swap out the trigger group with a lever to actuate the laser.  No need for a magazine, so build a hollowed mag to fill the void with any spare parts needed to keep it running.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Old.  You should check out the stuff he's doing now with the new 5W lasers.

Quoted:
so it's just a laser refracting off the fog? I thought it was fake.  
View Quote

Yes and no.  The 1W+ lasers have beams that are visible even in normal lighting.  This was taken in the middle of the day in a hallway with florescent lighting:

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Deanna and Beverly are going to workout is yoga pants while talking about sex?  Yes!!!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#17]

You'll melt your eye out, kid.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Someone should build an AR-15 upper that can do that.   Since you wouldn't need the buffer spring you could make the hollow compartment in the butt stock a battery store.  Swap out the trigger group with a lever to actuate the laser.  No need for a magazine, so build a hollowed mag to fill the void with any spare parts needed to keep it running.
View Quote

Use the magazine for batteries.  Then, when you run out of power, just switch mags!
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Gotta admit, cool as shit
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:32:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#21]
I dont know............that cheesy sound might get a man tons of chicks at DragonCon

Quoted:
I am not a trekkie and I like that.  I would prefer it not to have the cheesy sound though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:36:52 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm working on something similar, but using a green laser in the center, and a ring of high power (45W) IR laser LED's around it.

The green laser will be for targeting, then you activate the IR LED's...ZAP!

Power and cooling are the main issues.

His is damn cool, though.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:39:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I dont know............that cheesy sound might get a man tons of chicks at DragonCon

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So..... like three of them?

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:42:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Phasers are for pussy red shirts.  Blasters rule! You just can't hit anything with them... well stormtroopers can't. ..
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:46:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Well, as long as the Klingons are wearing black balloon armor, I guess it'll work fine.

I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the FDA and ATF to team up. Double the fun.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:46:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Looks like someone has created a perfect special effects tool for the next retro Star Trek movie.  Now they can actually film Captain Kirk firing his phaser pistol and the special effects folks will have the basic weapon effect on film to enhance, not to create.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Deanna and Beverly are going to workout is yoga pants while talking about sex?  Yes!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No toe must have been CG'd out.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Well, as long as the Klingons are wearing black balloon armor, I guess it'll work fine.

I'm just gonna sit back and wait for the FDA and ATF to team up. Double the fun.
View Quote

A 2W laser will put a hole in you finger... ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm working on something similar, but using a green laser in the center, and a ring of high power (45W) IR laser LED's around it.

View Quote

Using the IR bar diodes to pump a solid-state rod or just on their own? Combining and focusing those diodes will be problematic.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Read a short story about a guy with a soundless gun.  He slaughtered the beasts but because they had no sound to associate with they had no fear and eventually overwhelmed the man.  Can't remember to story title.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 8:59:55 AM EDT
[#31]
You'll burn your eye out.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:13:26 AM EDT
[#32]
Cool.

Wouldn't be the same without the sound. Seems the perfect noise.

HAHA! NOT for Mexican Carry.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Double post
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:24:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wonder how many people would shine that around w/o the proper eye protection.  Reflections from that could blind you in a hurry.
View Quote

Quick somebody pass a law
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Ever since I was a kid , and still now.....
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Where do I send the USPS MO?
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:07:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
He he, if you really think it through you will use 1/4" speaker connectors sticking out of your 20rnd magazine that has 18650 batteries in it. That way you can quick change the battery pack. You will put a low  battery indicator in the charging handle hole, and a rotary switch for different modes and different lasers in the forward assist hole.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

...with Energy Weapons!

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:11:12 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Using the IR bar diodes to pump a solid-state rod or just on their own? Combining and focusing those diodes will be problematic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the "it would probably melt my hand" issue would be more pressing.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He he, if you really think it through you will use 1/4" speaker connectors sticking out of your 20rnd magazine that has 18650 batteries in it. That way you can quick change the battery pack. You will put a low  battery indicator in the charging handle hole, and a rotary switch for different modes and different lasers in the forward assist hole.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe the empty hollow in the buffer tube could be reserved for some way to keep the internals cool and prevent overheating.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The model comes with the sound board, so you can cut the power to it if you don't want the sound.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/8506/?itm=adwords_labelsGeek_Toys_and_adwords_labelsRegular_Price&rkgid=1132043078&cpg=ogplaty1&source=google_toys&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CNCG_YX3uL8CFTJn7Aod5TEAsA

I didn't see where he got the tip for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top