Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I had to bet money Ventura said something stupid to the people in the funeral in passing at the bar when his old duffer buddies were not around and kyle exaggerated it into Ventura saying seals should die and bush was an asshole. Sounds like kyle admitted he had misstated what Ventura said and exaggerated the physical confrontation.

Jury won't like the thought of Ventura trying to take money from Kyle's estate. I wouldn't touch this case with a ten foot pole.

I don't see the "you were udt, not seal" stuff meaning anything to a jury and maybe backfiring.

That's my take too. It sounds to me like this is a collision of tale tellers.
I just want to make clear, that well I think kyle told some tall tales he really went above and beyond to protect Marines in combat. Just because someone was a bit of a bullshitter doesn't change the fact that no one denies he took huge risks and really disobeyed orders to try to protect the Marines he was working with. He abandoned his assigned position as sniper for the Marines to instead take a carbine and lead them in clearing buildings again and again. How many times can even the fastest and best trained guy go in through the door first without his number coming up?  

Same here. There are many things he's done which are above and beyond what was asked of him. I still view him in a positive light in that regard. Jesse the body Ventura on the other hand? I'm not sure what he's done worth mentioning.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:37:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:43:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Ventura is a truther pos.
View Quote

this

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Jesse is a douche no matter what happens in court
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:13:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Uncle crazy Ventura was a UDT guy.  Nowadays, they have been accepted as SEALs
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Completely false. UDT's did not do the extra 26 weeks of Seal training.

Although Ventura underwent UDT training, he never attempted the additional 26-week SEAL Qualification Training. On completion of his BUD/S training, Ventura was assigned to a UDT team.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 7:15:33 PM EDT
[#7]
How epic would it be if CKs widow punched Ventura in the cock sucker?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 2:57:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Although Ventura underwent UDT training, he never attempted the additional 26-week SEAL Qualification Training. On completion of his BUD/S training, Ventura was assigned to a UDT team.

The UDT-SEAL Association seems to consider all of NSW to be part of the tribe.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:05:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
meh, is this nonsense still going on?
View Quote

Thanks a lot Obama.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:16:05 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't know shit and what I posted is not false.

Read this thread or keep showing your ignorant ass.

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

http://www.socnet.com/showthread.php?t=80&highlight=ventura
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I get this feeling, that you might know a thing or two about cool guy groups.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:48:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How epic would it be if CKs widow punched Ventura in the cock sucker?
View Quote

After three long weeks of this, I'm thinking someone on the jury might do it!
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 1:02:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just to be clear, I don't think you know what's going on.

Jesse Ventura claimed to be a SEAL (5326) not a UDT (5321). They were two completely different MOS's and training. When the UDT's went away in 1983, the association accepted them as part of the community in an honorary manner.

HOWEVER ----- What Jesses claimed was that he was a SEAL.

Interviewer: You had been a Navy SEAL before becoming a wrestler. What's the difference between the kind of body of a Navy SEAL and a wrestler?

Ventura: Oh, much much different. I view it this way: When I was a wrestler, I could pick up buildings. When I was a SEAL, I could scale them.

Retired SEAL Master Chief Dick Ray, who had been a legendary BUD/S instructor during the '70s. ...

I asked Dick about the different NECs for UDT and SEALs. He didn't pause: "5321 for UDT, 5326 for SEALs. Anyone who'd only served in UDT before the Teams combined in 1983 couldn't truthfully claim to have been a SEAL."

I told Dick that Jesse had left active duty in 1974.

"Couldn't have been a SEAL, then."

Are you starting to understand?

http://cursor.org/stories/seal_or_udt_4.htm
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Jesse Ventura claimed to be a SEAL (5326) not a UDT (5321). They were two completely different MOS's and training. When the UDT's went away in 1983, the association accepted them as part of the community in an honorary manner.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Interviewer: You had been a Navy SEAL before becoming a wrestler. What's the difference between the kind of body of a Navy SEAL and a wrestler?

Ventura: Oh, much much different. I view it this way: When I was a wrestler, I could pick up buildings. When I was a SEAL, I could scale them.

Retired SEAL Master Chief Dick Ray, who had been a legendary BUD/S instructor during the '70s. ...

I asked Dick about the different NECs for UDT and SEALs. He didn't pause: "5321 for UDT, 5326 for SEALs. Anyone who'd only served in UDT before the Teams combined in 1983 couldn't truthfully claim to have been a SEAL."

You fail to understand shit.  Did you visit the link I posted?

Did you read it?  
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:00:18 PM EDT
[#16]
whether Jessie ventura can call himself a SEAL or not is for the SEAL community to decide. putting this widow through this bullshit because of your ego means you earned your badge for the DOUCHE team.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:46:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

This is shit that was hashed out years ago. Ventura's considered a SEAL by the Navy and by the SEAL community. They may wish they could change that now, but it is what it is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is shit that was hashed out years ago. Ventura's considered a SEAL by the Navy and by the SEAL community. They may wish they could change that now, but it is what it is.
Don Shipley grudgingly said that he can in fact, be called a SEAL.

If Don says so, thats all I need.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 8:47:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Ventura: Yearly earnings drop from $1M to $100,000 because of 'American Sniper'

ST. PAUL, Minn. (KMSP) -

Jesse Ventura returned to the witness stand Monday morning in his defamation lawsuit against the estate of former Navy SEAL and “American Sniper” author Chris Kyle.

Ventura told the jury on Monday his yearly earnings dropped from $1 million to $100,000 after the book started getting publicity. He's been written about before, but has never sued an author because none have gone on television accusing him of treason, Ventura said.
View Quote

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/26012429/ventura-returns-to-witness-stand-in-defamation-trial
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#20]
I would want to punch everybody if I was stuck on that fucking jury.  Three weeks of shitbaggery and two beers I swear occifer?

Holy shitcircus.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:07:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:25:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The punch - whether it happened or not- isn't so much the issue as is were the alleged reasons behind it true. Was Jesse Ventura actually there and making disparaging comments about currently serving SEALs etc? That would be the defamation.

Going after the widow is lowbrow but if it is true that a smear is still being published and profited upon,should that not be rectified? There is a difference between clearing ones name and seeking money/publicity and Ventura is the one who makes this distinction more difficult in his attentionwhoring ways.

Jesse Ventura is a nutcase but that does not make it any more acceptable to print and repeat untruths. The other side of this is that if he indeed was found to be guilty of needing popped for the reason given in the book,it makes him out to be an even bigger asshole.
View Quote

At this point the only one publicizing Jesse Ventura's association with that event is Jesse Ventura.  Fuck him.  If he'd shut his mouth, just about everyone would forget about it, and it would just go back to being a small "CSB" in Kyle's book.

ETA - and he'd still be a douche.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:43:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Whether he is a SEAL or UDT is irrelevant to me.

The relevant part is whether or not he verbally slammed the SEALS and/or America in their time of grief.  

It sounds a lot like he did and got punched for it.

Suing Kyle's widow is just plain wrong.  Jesse is wrong and his lack of character is showing......
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Defense questions Jesse Ventura about recollections

The defense played a video of Ventura’s deposition in which he said he could remember nothing about being at California bar at the time of the incident in 2006.
View Quote

http://www.startribune.com/local/267017351.html

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:49:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Making the point for the 50th time on this subject...he's not suing the widow.  He's suing the estate.  She's the executor of the estate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Suing Kyle's widow is just plain wrong.  

Making the point for the 50th time on this subject...he's not suing the widow.  He's suing the estate.  She's the executor of the estate.

I haven't seen it in the few articles I've read. Did the process begin before Kyle was even killed?
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:58:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Ventura is just trying to shake them down for a settlement. They're filming the movie now and will probably start promoting it later this fall and don't need him running around.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Regardless of the merits of the case, some big, fat, bald, old, professional wrestler going after a young, attractive, recently widowed woman isn't going to look good in front of a jury.

Ventura should be easy to prove as a bull shitter or whack job too, I hope they discuss his conspiracy theories.
Not in the book, but on a radio show or something, he said that person punched was Ventura.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Regardless of the merits of the case, some big, fat, bald, old, professional wrestler going after a young, attractive, recently widowed woman isn't going to look good in front of a jury.

Ventura should be easy to prove as a bull shitter or whack job too, I hope they discuss his conspiracy theories.

Quoted:

I don't recall anywhere in Kyle's book that he named Mr. Bigmouth.

Ventura should drop the issue with Kyle's estate.  Leave the widow alone.

Not in the book, but on a radio show or something, he said that person punched was Ventura.

Yep.

Ventura likely has a case, (As much as I hate to say it, Chris appears to have been up to telling some fish stories once he was back stateside)  but he's just going to look like an asshole if he wins.  Or loses.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:05:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

If it did happen at a SEAL's wake, then there should be other SEALs who saw it.

Ventura is nutty enough that I could believe he went to the wake and said something.
View Quote

Having met ventura when he was running for gov and seeing him interact with normal people off camera, I have a tendancy to believe all negative things i hear about him.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While true, it is largely semantics.  In practice, Ventura is taking money out of Kyle's wife's pockets.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't seen it in the few articles I've read. Did the process begin before Kyle was even killed?

Yes.

OK, so the whole suing the widow thing is nonsense. Not that the case itself isn't nonsense from both sides and on all levels.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Did you read it?  
View Quote

I did read your links, and frankly if the SEAL community has officially accepted them then I suppose he is in fact a SEAL.  I recant my earlier "he's not a SEAL" claims.

Just my 2 cents on it though, that is sort of a derpy approach to it.  Personally I wouldn't want to retroactively accept a title that didn't apply to me when I served, as the only reason to do so would be to make yourself sound cool by association.  I.e. MARSOC didn't exist when I was in, and though I graduated ARS/BRC and earned the Recon Marine title and MOS, I don't think I would ever tell people I was MARSOC if suddenly MARSOC became the coolest hippest gig on the planet and made all the chicks and neckbeards swoon.  Even if the Corps came out and said, "you know what, to avoid confusion, you're all MARSOC, and if you served beforehand, fuck it, you're MARSOC too.  Everyone write books about it and claim your 10% discount on Oakley products."  Hell, I've had folks introduce me and if they get my background wrong (by making it cooler, i.e. Force Recon) I immediately correct it, so as never to be accused of pumping my own tires by claiming I was something I wasn't.  And if Don Shipley thinks having to explain UDT is a pain in the ass, he should try getting the stupid looks when you try explaining what Radio Recon is

But if that's what the SEALs wanna do, more power to em I suppose.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I honestly think Ventura is suffering from some sort of dementia. He was lucid, he was sane, then he became the Governor and then after about 2 years says and does nothing but whackadoo tinfoil conspiracy shit.
View Quote

He shook and rocked back and forth while talking back when he was campaigning. Not a nervous habit. His head bobbed around. He was nuts then, he's just nutsier now
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I find it hard to believe that Ventura said at a deposition that he had no memory of being there. I suspect the reporter is trying to say he remembered nothing remarkable about the night, or something like that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Defense questions Jesse Ventura about recollections

The defense played a video of Ventura’s deposition in which he said he could remember nothing about being at California bar at the time of the incident in 2006.

I find it hard to believe that Ventura said at a deposition that he had no memory of being there. I suspect the reporter is trying to say he remembered nothing remarkable about the night, or something like that.  

Sometimes a traumatic injury to the head can blank out the events immediately leading up to the injury............
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:26:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think Kyle even admitted that he was lying when he said he hit Ventura so hard that tables went flying  
View Quote

Lying is a strong word.  When you are talking about a bar fight on an entertainment radio program or TV interview I don't think most people expect you to give a legal deposition-accurate account of the fight.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Sorry to nitpick but they weren't called UDT at the time. UDT and SEALs were two separate groups. Jesse can only laughably be called a SEAL as an honorary title since UDT was folded into the SEALs after he left the UDT and Navy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Levine said Ventura has a high bar to clear, and to win damages, he must also prove his reputation was harmed in a quantifiable way.

I didn't realize that Ventura had a reputation that even could be harmed.  He's been saying for years that he was a SEAL, even though at the time he served they were called UDT.  When called on it, he just says, "UDT, SEAL, what's the difference?"  Big fucking difference, Jesse.   I've never been either one, and I know that.  

He needs to just crawl off somewhere and shut up.

Sorry to nitpick but they weren't called UDT at the time. UDT and SEALs were two separate groups. Jesse can only laughably be called a SEAL as an honorary title since UDT was folded into the SEALs after he left the UDT and Navy.
Although Ventura underwent UDT training, he never attempted the additional 26-week SEAL Qualification Training. On completion of his BUD/S training, Ventura was assigned to a UDT team. In 1983, eight years after Ventura left the Navy, the UDTs were disbanded and those operators were retrained and retasked as SEALs.
Jesse Ventura never served in a SEAL billet, and never did a tour in Nam. DD214 confirm same. But he has claimed both, though always carefully and not in so many words. Ya' remember his quip about the thrill of "hunting" men? Strange that he prefers to wear a SEAL Trident on the lapel instead of the Underwater Demolition Badge he earned.

Pretty shitty that he would claim to be a SEAL and to have done combat tours, since by all accounts, his elder brother is the real deal. A slap in the face if ever there was one. But it wouldn't be the first time anyone pulled a stunt like this - http://sofrep.com/35903/tom-heben-special-forces-poser/ - and it won't be the last. Shit birds can hatch in any nest.

A pretty extensive and well researched (and source cited article) paints Ventura as a bit of a fraud and a braggart. http://cursor.org/stories/seal_or_udt.htm

The author, CDR Bill Salisbury, USN, SEAL (ret.), has his credentials for all to see - http://www.warboats.org/mst2bremmer/Salisbury.htm - and God knows SCPO Don Shipley, USN, SEAL (ret.), would stomp the shit out of him were he a phony.

From "The Men with Green Faces" documentary/recruiting film "All
[SEALs] are volunteers from the famed Frog Men of the Navy's Underwater
Demolition Teams. But once out of water, most similarity with Frog Men
ends."

I agree with Salisbury. And think that as a person Ventura is a real
goon. I still like watching "Predator" but he's still a goon.

But opinions differ. And Shipley, as well as Brandon Webb (also a SEAL, and a close friend and teammate of Kyle's), defend Ventura's claims - http://sofrep.com/36086/truth-jesse-venturas-navy-seal-status/ - in the face of overwhelming and damning fact.

In the matter of hard fact and bare reality, what the NSW community thinks now is largely irrelevant since they don't seem to agree about this anyway. And if it weren't something so tied up in a person's self image source documents would be enough. Check the files. A billet is a billet and no amount of good feelings goes back in time and changes a 5321 to a 5326.

I'm not on the Teams, but I desperately want to be, and this shit storm
is really disheartening. They say never meet your heroes. This may be
why.

The Group guys are doing a much better job of keeping a low profile these days... as long as Larry Vickers and Kyle Lamb don't decide to run for office or get into a bar fight.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I did read your links, and frankly if the SEAL community has officially accepted them then I suppose he is in fact a SEAL.  I recant my earlier "he's not a SEAL" claims.

Just my 2 cents on it though, that is sort of a derpy approach to it.  Personally I wouldn't want to retroactively accept a title that didn't apply to me when I served, as the only reason to do so would be to make yourself sound cool by association.  I.e. MARSOC didn't exist when I was in, and though I graduated ARS/BRC and earned the Recon Marine title and MOS, I don't think I would never tell people I was MARSOC if suddenly MARSOC became the coolest hippest gig on the planet and made all the chicks and neckbeards swoon.  Even if the Corps came out and said, "you know what, to avoid confusion, you're all MARSOC, and if you served beforehand, fuck it, you're MARSOC too.  Everyone write books about it and claim your 10% discount on Oakley products."  Hell, I've had folks introduce me and if they get my background wrong (by making it cooler, i.e. Force Recon) I immediately correct it, so as never to be accused of pumping my own tires by claiming I was something I wasn't.  And if Don Shipley thinks having to explain UDT is a pain in the ass, he should try getting the stupid looks when you try explaining what Radio Recon is

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you read it?  

Just my 2 cents on it though, that is sort of a derpy approach to it.  Personally I wouldn't want to retroactively accept a title that didn't apply to me when I served, as the only reason to do so would be to make yourself sound cool by association.  I.e. MARSOC didn't exist when I was in, and though I graduated ARS/BRC and earned the Recon Marine title and MOS, I don't think I would never tell people I was MARSOC if suddenly MARSOC became the coolest hippest gig on the planet and made all the chicks and neckbeards swoon.  Even if the Corps came out and said, "you know what, to avoid confusion, you're all MARSOC, and if you served beforehand, fuck it, you're MARSOC too.  Everyone write books about it and claim your 10% discount on Oakley products."  Hell, I've had folks introduce me and if they get my background wrong (by making it cooler, i.e. Force Recon) I immediately correct it, so as never to be accused of pumping my own tires by claiming I was something I wasn't.  And if Don Shipley thinks having to explain UDT is a pain in the ass, he should try getting the stupid looks when you try explaining what Radio Recon is

I equate it to the Vietnam era LRRP units being considered as part of the Ranger lineage even though they did not serve in Ranger Bats.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:45:28 PM EDT
[#43]
utNo offense, and not to take the side of  JV, but I kinda figured That Kyles Deboing Ventura story was BS.

First off real men dont knock out senior citizens, and by all accounts Kyle was hardcore.

B Ventura is a truther dipshit whose very existance would royally piss off a guy like Kyle. Kyle probably said it to fuck him over.

I hope a line of Seals show up and lie. Fuck truthers.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:46:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Attorney says Ventura can't show that memoir hurt his reputation

Former Gov. Jesse Ventura has no direct evidence that he lost any job opportunities because of the memoir “American Sniper,” an attorney for Chris Kyle’s estate said Monday during his spirited cross examination in Ventura’s defamation case.
View Quote

The 10-member jury watched intently as the defense showed photographs and played audio of a news conference in which Ventura called the United States “a fascist country.”
View Quote

Jessee can't remember things.

Tom Hauser @5hauser  ·  3h

On many occasions when Kyle's attorneys ask Ventura about quotes in his own books, Ventura days he doesn't remember writing what is quoted.
View Quote

Hey, I forgot $2 million dollars.

Ventura tax returns show he earned $13,654,329 during that 11-year period. Ventura earlier testified he earned $11 million.
View Quote

Oops......!!!

Under cross examination, Ventura admits he can't say for certain he's lost any job opportunities as a result of Chris Kyle's story.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here is my point.  Chris is dead   Leave it alone.   Ventura is an asshole for continuing.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you read it?  

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I equate it to the Vietnam era LRRP units being considered as part of the Ranger lineage even though they did not serve in Ranger Bats.
View Quote

Question, totally get considering them part of the Ranger lineage, do you commonly refer to them as Rangers?  Honest question, I don't know if you do or not.

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:57:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Question, totally get considering them part of the Ranger lineage, do you commonly refer to them as Rangers?  Honest question, I don't know if you do or not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, without hesitation or equivacation.  Much of the training I received in the early 1980s was learned through their sacrifice.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top