Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 9:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I wish I didn't have to ask, but do you have a letter for that?  I'd have a bit more comfort if the back end was "flexible" like the original brace.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I wish I didn't have to ask, but do you have a letter for that?  I'd have a bit more comfort if the back end was "flexible" like the original brace.

No need to worry. It's not mounted to anything.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I love the way those AKs sound.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a good point - however.  Are you positing it's legal to rip the lock out of the slidefire and use it on an AR pistol?  It's not mounted to the pistol - but you're clearly now using the pistol from the shoulder.  I think we'll be arguing about this endlessly unless someone comes up w/ a letter.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's a good point - however.  Are you positing it's legal to rip the lock out of the slidefire and use it on an AR pistol?  It's not mounted to the pistol - but you're clearly now using the pistol from the shoulder.  I think we'll be arguing about this endlessly unless someone comes up w/ a letter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not arguing anything like that...

I'm saying that for all we know, this stock is being sent in for a letter, or it's a 'shop.
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 10:46:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm also really starting to consider the upgrade to the fostech.... Just for the better lock up and build quality
View Quote

I really like mine for the most part. It feels solid as you could expect. It moves like a sloppy upper/lower fit. It has a set screw so you can completely eliminate forward/backward movement. It's so smooth that I had to put thick silicone grease on it to slow it down.

It also pinches the everloving shit out of you if you hold it lefty on a right hand stock. I am pretty sure you may have seen me talking about it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I really like mine for the most part. It feels solid as you could expect. It moves like a sloppy upper/lower fit. It has a set screw so you can completely eliminate forward/backward movement. It's so smooth that I had to put thick silicone grease on it to slow it down.

It also pinches the everloving shit out of you if you hold it lefty on a right hand stock. I am pretty sure you may have seen me talking about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm also really starting to consider the upgrade to the fostech.... Just for the better lock up and build quality

Yep, but I shoot righty and wear nomex and leather gloves for the can.  I want something more sturdy than the slide fire and with less slop than the slide fire.
Besides, that whole you getting pinched thing is just pain leaving the body, right?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:26:14 AM EDT
[#7]
This just went up in the AR New Products forum from ADCO. Such aggressive fluting must make a pretty significant difference in heat dissipation.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:29:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This just went up in the AR New Products forum from ADCO. Such aggressive fluting must make a pretty significant difference in heat dissipation.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/odm4/20140822_104410.jpg

View Quote

Oooo, I like that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oooo, I like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk76/odm4/20140822_104410.jpg

Oooo, I like that.

Yeah, it's pretty neat. Especially if it's under a rail where you can't see it. I'm still stuck on this heats sink though. I am thinking that and a couple of battery-powered mini fans cut into the handguards might be a good way to manage real heat.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:11:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Just curious... could a bump stock be used on a 1919 and be a poor man's 1919a6?

Something about putting .30-06 downrange at 500-600 RPM...would just be bad ass.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Just curious... could a bump stock be used on a 1919 and be a poor man's 1919a6?

View Quote

Something about putting .30-06 downrange at 500-600 RPM...would just be bad ass.

The principle could be applied, but you would need to build a design from scratch.  I think a sliding tripod mount would be fun

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:  Just curious... could a bump stock be used on a 1919 and be a poor man's 1919a6?

View Quote

Given the weight, you'll either be a strong man to bump it that fast or it'll be a 2 man bump stock.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Given the weight, you'll either be a strong man to bump it that fast or it'll be a 2 man bump stock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Just curious... could a bump stock be used on a 1919 and be a poor man's 1919a6?

I think it could be done. 30.06 definitely has the recoil to get the job done.

You just need to have a tripod that would allow front/back movement, and make one side of the spade grip stay firm to the gun, and have the other side floating. Left arm pushes the gun forward, the right activates the paddle.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You just need to have a tripod that would allow front/back movement, and make one side of the spade grip stay firm to the gun, and have the other side floating. Left arm pushes the gun forward, the right activates the paddle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Alternatively you could have a foot pedal that pushed the 1919 forward and two hands on the handle mounted to the tripod.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:01:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Alternatively you could have a foot pedal that pushed the 1919 forward and two hands on the handle mounted to the tripod.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Going that route, you really only need the pedal. The tripod is going to keep it aimed and all you need to do is grip the spade lightly and keep your thumbs pressed inward.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 7:39:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Tripod mounted pedal operated twin-10 ga mount for ducks?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:03:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Got to run at 150yds, will have pics and vids up later-trying out YouTube as well.  
I actually REALLY like that thermal dissipator and the Samson rail combo.  The dissipator kept the barrel about 20 degrees cooler than in front of the dissipator and cooled very fast, due to the rails I had a hard time getting qualitative data.  There was noticeably less mirage and now my only heat waves come off my can.  The rail heat sink to the alum rails does appear to draw heat out from the chamber area.  I was wearing gloves and noticed the rails got warm, but not uncomfortable.  The rails also drew heat away from the dissipator, I think, they are really close.  The upper did not get as hot as before, even though the ambient temp sitting in the sun had surfaces at over 113f.  Again, qualitative data is lacking, but I believe this to be a solid concept.  

The bipod idea needs a reduction of friction and force on its horizontal.  I need to keep thinking on how to proceed with out simply hogging out the rail or mount...

As for the accuracy test, I had to re zero due to install of the rail.  Tula sucks balls.  I had a horrible time judging groups.  I will shoot accuracy with hand loads next time, but don't think the dissipator affected it adversely.  I had several stuck cases deadline the gun and destroyed my second usgi cleaning rod in 2 trips with this gun,  I need a fixed steel rod to mount to the handguard and HAVE to clean my chamber after every use.  

I need to work on my form in closer too, I'm getting stuck on doubles and have caused two hammer follows...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:28:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Each target result at 150 yd to be followed with youtube vid of engagement,  Not sure how I feel about my grouping, I am getting about 50-60% of rounds on target at 150 every time.  The misses are damed close as shown by dirt kick all with in a foot or two.  I would say thats ok...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gFczWTj3Ac&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INEkb63NEAM&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHpjha3WSWo&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McrFWSiRlsY&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvj-OQepnp4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#19]
I have to stop checking this thread.

I am *this* close to selling a G17 to fund an RPK/slidefire.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

do it.  Im considering one too and want to see how it runs!
Rpk for about 600 and slide fire at natchez for like 200 or something...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:45:46 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm seeing rpks for 700 at atlantic...hoping PSA will have them for 500 again soon.

Where are you seeing 600?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Maybe it was 700.  Atlantic.  
My b.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can use the brace from the shoulder, there's a letter already.  Use outside of intended design did not change the classification of the weapon.

sig brace atf letter from shoulder
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Here you go, lb6r.

You have to ditch the S in the https

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:11:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know that feeling. RPK/Slide Fire are ready to go out of the box. I'd jump on it if I were you. I don't know about anyone else it this thread, but my bump-gun has provided me a lot of enjoyment in having something to "tweak" with. If you get the RPK it will run well out of the box but there is always room for improvement. You just need to work on a good grip technique. I know this has been posted before, but what will one more time hurt? I would say this was pretty good until he got in the grass. I have not seen people have a lot of luck when grabbing the magazine.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2014 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You can use the brace from the shoulder, there's a letter already.  Use outside of intended design did not change the classification of the weapon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I'm quite aware of that.  The pic Norcon posted is of a modified SIG brace/Slidefire combo, with the top of the butt being the back of the original Slidefire stock.  That might fly, given the SIG brace is intended to ride on top of a stiff buffer tube, but it's dancing in the grey area next to the edge.  A Tech Branch letter would resolve that.  I don't like that there's an edge, but given the Supremes upheld the NFA, I'm stuck w/ it.  If you rip the lock out of a Slidefire, so that it slides on & off the weapon smoothly, it's NOT attached to the weapon - hold the weapon straight up by the forward handguard, and the modified Slidefire will fall off.  So IF it's not attached, could you use the Slidefire w/o a lock on a pistol under the NFA?  I doubt it.

I'll be writing a letter to Tech Branch in a bit, and asking about my bumpfire stock - so I may as well ask 'em if it's legal to use on an AR pistol.  Then we'll know.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#27]
I got in contact with Bump Fire Systems—they are sending me a stock to run reviews/tests on.

Looks like I need another lower...
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:35:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I got in contact with Bump Fire Systems—they are sending me a stock to run reviews/tests on.

View Quote

Did you tell them to hurry up with the AK version?
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 5:46:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, I told them YOU said it, but yeah...
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 7:22:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#31]
So, I just finished the art of machinegunnery thread and had ideas swirling in my head for an automatic rifle setup.  Those who have served and dealt with weapons systems know there is a doctoral difference  in a light machine gun and the role of the automatic rifle man.  This point, and lack of understanding it comes up when people say the iar is replacing the saw.  It is not and especially those in the corps understand the role of the automatic rifleman.  

I an totally adding a length of drill rod to the side of the gun for stuck case removal at the range/ field.

I threw together the load bearing system I will be running with the gun from now on.  I want two mags of tracer front and center for fire direction or accurate suppression with psychological effects.
Each mag pouch next out will hold 1 60 rnd and a 30 behind it.
Third set of pouches will also hold 60 rnd and a 30 behind it
4th set rt side cleaning kit, lube, and section of flat bar stock to pound out stuck cases.  Left side two 30 round mags.  
Rolled up dump pouch for empty mags afterwards.
Inside the Mav compas, 550, red, blue and ir chemlights
I have a war belt that holds a pistol, mags leather man and IFak.

I have an old but pack that I will use as an ammo speedball bag for 6/7 mags for an assist to carry.

And thinking on ppe, I have a modular plate carrier that's slick and light, but the only real protection offered in the prone is the Kevlar pot.  So I pieced together this concept for prone protection, I may just jerry rig it for concept and add a set of side sapis for shoulder protection.

Gear nerd unleashed

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

So, I just finished the art of machinegunnery thread and had ideas swirling in my head for an automatic rifle setup.  Those who have served and dealt with weapons systems know there is a doctoral difference  in a light machine gun and the role of the automatic rifle man.  This point, and lack of understanding it comes up when people say the iar is replacing the saw.  It is not and especially those in the corps understand the role of the automatic rifleman.  
View Quote
+1   Love it when people "get it"

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Got to run at 150yds, will have pics and vids up later-trying out YouTube as well.  

I actually REALLY like that thermal dissipator and the Samson rail combo.  The dissipator kept the barrel about 20 degrees cooler than in front of the dissipator and cooled very fast, due to the rails I had a hard time getting qualitative data.  There was noticeably less mirage and now my only heat waves come off my can.  The rail heat sink to the alum rails does appear to draw heat out from the chamber area.  I was wearing gloves and noticed the rails got warm, but not uncomfortable.  The rails also drew heat away from the dissipator, I think, they are really close.  The upper did not get as hot as before, even though the ambient temp sitting in the sun had surfaces at over 113f.  Again, qualitative data is lacking, but I believe this to be a solid concept.  

The bipod idea needs a reduction of friction and force on its horizontal.  I need to keep thinking on how to proceed with out simply hogging out the rail or mount...

As for the accuracy test, I had to re zero due to install of the rail.  Tula sucks balls.  I had a horrible time judging groups.  I will shoot accuracy with hand loads next time, but don't think the dissipator affected it adversely.  I had several stuck cases deadline the gun and destroyed my second usgi cleaning rod in 2 trips with this gun,  I need a fixed steel rod to mount to the handguard and HAVE to clean my chamber after every use.  

I need to work on my form in closer too, I'm getting stuck on doubles and have caused two hammer follows...
View Quote
Were their major extraction marks on the stuck cases? I like to run a stiff extractor, if it doesnt extract it should rip the rim off. Do you have a 5 coil extractor spring and rubber o-ring?

What buffer are you using? A little extra buffer weight can delay opening but it will also slow your cycle time slightly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Fostech + MWG90 + Eotech = THE TRUTH!!!

Videos later tonight.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Were their major extraction marks on the stuck cases? I like to run a stiff extractor, if it doesnt extract it should rip the rim off. Do you have a 5 coil extractor spring and rubber o-ring?  

What buffer are you using? A little extra buffer weight can delay opening but it will also slow your cycle time slightly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Talking...

Regular buffer.  Rims were torn... The cases were covered in flakey carbon and carbon wielded in place.  I might post pics tomorrow, keep track of all my issues and document them...I have had "stoppages" with steel, but never a deadline like with this system.  I think it's pressure, timing and suppressor all combined.  I need to move up to an h or h2 buffer...
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:29:27 PM EDT
[#36]
I would put an H buffer in, H2 is more likely to have excess timing problems (hammer follow).

Is the chamber chrome lined?  You might try a heavy action spring to decrease cycle time and counteract the slower heavier buffer.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:34:20 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
gay
View Quote

Well that makes it offical......I have to get one now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:22:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
gay

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:04:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I would put an H buffer in, H2 is more likely to have excess timing problems (hammer follow).

Is the chamber chrome lined?  You might try a heavy action spring to decrease cycle time and counteract the slower heavier buffer.
View Quote

I have an H I need to toss in to try.  Im not too concerned with loosing rpm, so I will give it a shot.
I have one of the "Double crome lined" psa uppers....  I actually thought the carbon on the cases was crome lining at first....
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Videos later tonight.
View Quote

Well, here I am about to have my coffee and NOTHING...
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Videos later tonight.

Video upload failed as I was sleeping.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#42]
EDIT: Nevermind. It's in at least 720p now. Enjoy!

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:56:55 PM EDT
[#43]
I wish I could see videos at work        

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:05:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

You will enjoy this one. I sure did.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:06:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My knees and elbows are all scabby now, but it was totally worth it!
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#46]
Any failures during the shooting session?        

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Any failures during the shooting session?          
View Quote

Nothing major.

One hammer follow, and a couple of issues getting a reliable bump going from the kneeling and standing. The quad-Pmag is a no-go from a weight perspective. It's just heavy and has the RoF around 500 or so. 3 or less from now on.

Due to my pace and a lot of dust I wasn't as accurate as I have been before.

Some goods: behind the table/barricade was pretty effective. I have a bunch of video on that, but I can only upload so much on my data plan. The yoke of the bipod effected the ability of it to move sometimes. I suppose it's an imperfect workaround for the NFA and will come with some tradeoffs.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#48]
This was with the RRA 2 stage?  Have you considered using a different spring to help cure the hammer follow?        

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This was with the RRA 2 stage?  Have you considered using a different spring to help cure the hammer follow?          
View Quote

This was with a normal milspec trigger (mfgr unknown) that had been smoothed out with a stone. Considering there was only one HF yesterday, I am willing to keep my setup as is for now. It was weird how easy it was to get to work.

One of the other issues I fixed was my gas block (it had rotated) and I put my O-ring back into the extractor. I had ZERO issues with stuck cases, and that was starting to become a thing.

The big mod I want to do now is a 20" bbl. I like the idea of the gun being long so that it doesn't walk around much. With the extra Pmags it felt like blocking jabs. Less recoil would probably make it even smoother, but it loses it's jack-of-all-trades carbine status.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:09:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
EDIT: Nevermind. It's in at least 720p now. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/e6eI6QpI4Ik
View Quote

One of the cooler arfcom vids I've seen.  Thanks for posting.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top