Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 4:34:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Optic added (TA11MGO-M249), got the dust cover right, actually took a real photo.

WE DONE BOYS. Gotta take it out one of these weekends. I clocked my previous cyclic rate at 850 RPM btw.

http://i.imgur.com/Of4M4oR.jpg
View Quote
Bump for the bump god!

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#2]
So has anyone done this with a Shrike yet?
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 6:46:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't seen one. Slidefire does sell this though.

http://www.slidefire.com/products/rifles/bfr-556a

It's a weird bastardized version of a standard Colt upper, machined out pretty roughly.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 9:51:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Hmm, well I guess I'll be the first.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's a weird bastardized version of a standard Colt upper, machined out pretty roughly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow they got it to work!     The important thing about that (BFR-556) is that it uses standard m27 disintegrating links.    

I believe Slide Fire either works with or purchased the rights to the Valkyrie Armament LLC  which used propitiatory links (modified m27 links) and required feed tabs.  

Here is some video of the Valkyrie Armament Belt fed unit.
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:07:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Wow they got it to work!     The important thing about that (BFR-556) is that it uses standard m27 disintegrating links.    

I believe Slide Fire either works with or purchased the rights to the Valkyrie Armament LLC  which used propitiatory links and required starter tabs.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe Slide Fire either works with or purchased the rights to the Valkyrie Armament LLC  which used propitiatory links and required starter tabs.  

It's all copied from the old ciener conversion kits, which themselves are an adaptation from the M-16/ AR-10 kits.

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's all copied from the old ciener conversion kits, which themselves are an adaptation from the M-16/ AR-10 kits.    
View Quote

I got that.   There must be something I am missing because they (Valkyrie and later Slidefire) had to use modified m-27 links which apparently has been fixed.

The original M-16 belt fed alterations used regular, unaltered m-27 links didn't it?

With that said, what do you think about this?     Take a look at the SSAR-15®MOD STOCK .  They moved the "switch" to the bottom of the pistol grip.

I wonder if it would still work if you "chopped off" the stock and used only the grip and then put on your own stock (this is what I am thinking about).
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:08:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hmm, well I guess I'll be the first.
View Quote

It woulda been a lot cooler if you did it first though...

- Clint
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:13:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I got that.   There must be something I am missing because they (Valkyrie and later Slidefire) had to use modified m-27 links which apparently has been fixed.

The original M-16 belt fed alterations used regular, unaltered m-27 links didn't it?

With that said, what do you think about this?     Take a look at the SSAR-15®MOD STOCK .  They moved the "switch" to the bottom of the pistol grip.

I wonder if it would still work if you "chopped off" the stock and used only the grip and then put on your own stock (this is what I am thinking about).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The JT Grip guy started following me on instagram and one of his pics is of an RPD so I'm assuming he is trying to market a way to bumpfire a cheap beltfed.... but I haven't seen any videos yet.

- Clint
Link Posted: 8/6/2016 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There's already a guy bringing a bumpfire grip, the JT Grip, to the market... he started following me on instagram and one of his pics is of an RPD so I'm assuming he is trying to market a way to bumpfire a cheap beltfed.... but I haven't seen any videos yet.

https://youtu.be/q-a4aUV7l1g

https://youtu.be/M5gARxQmJyU

- Clint
View Quote

At first glance that certainly looks a lot more appealing than a bumpfire stock setup (the ability to use your own stock and no stock moving with the grip).  I wonder if that would change the dynamic of a bumpsaw for the worse?

I can't imagine it would.    I really want to play with one of those.
Link Posted: 8/7/2016 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

At first glance that certainly looks a lot more appealing than a bumpfire stock setup (the ability to use your own stock and no stock moving with the grip).  I wonder if that would change the dynamic of a bumpsaw for the worse?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's already a guy bringing a bumpfire grip, the JT Grip, to the market... he started following me on instagram and one of his pics is of an RPD so I'm assuming he is trying to market a way to bumpfire a cheap beltfed.... but I haven't seen any videos yet.

https://youtu.be/q-a4aUV7l1g

https://youtu.be/M5gARxQmJyU

- Clint

Has my interest too
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Inspired by this thread, I took the plunge and got a slidefire.   Installed it on my 6920.  

Quick question though.   It seemed a bit stiff, so I oiled the buffer tube.   How easily should it slide?
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 7:55:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Inspired by this thread, I took the plunge and got a slidefire.   Installed it on my 6920.  

Quick question though.   It seemed a bit stiff, so I oiled the buffer tube.   How easily should it slide?
View Quote

Is it the new one? If so mine has the same problem. I figured my reciever extension was not square/level with the rifle. I loosened up the grip attachment and it works fine now. Hopefully it's not a problem with the stocks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Is it the new one? If so mine has the same problem. I figured my reciever extension was not square/level with the rifle. I loosened up the grip attachment and it works fine now. Hopefully it's not a problem with the stocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The screw directly below the trigger?
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The screw that holds the grip attachment on the lower receiver. The one that captures the selector spring and detent. I can take pictures later. I thought it was that my lower was out of spec. Hmmm....
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The screw that holds the grip attachment on the lower receiver. The one that captures the selector spring and detent. I can take pictures later. I thought it was that my lower was out of spec. Hmmm....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll try that.  The instructions said not to over tighten.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Super sized extended take down pin fabricated and installed. Code name : Bump Charger

This will allow you to easily bump and activate the trigger with one hand. It leaves your other hand free to stabilize and aim.

Better pics and AAR coming early next week.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I like the term "gas pedal".
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Super sized extended take down pin fabricated and installed. Code name : Bump Charger

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww71/GSGMAN/630DB6F9-B3C6-4AC1-95EA-1082043471BA_zpsxh4eez0f.jpg

This will allow you to easily bump and activate the trigger with one hand. It leaves your other hand free to stabilize and aim.

View Quote

If you make another one.... "I'll take it"

- Clint
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/jEI3N9kIyP4

- Clint
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww71/GSGMAN/630DB6F9-B3C6-4AC1-95EA-1082043471BA_zpsxh4eez0f.jpg

- Clint

I smell a group buy. In for one. Though it'd need to be anodized red for me :)
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:14:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Clint

I'd like to try one I suppose. I would miss being able to two-thumb it though.

Still a cool addition to the thread!

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Got my second M60 bipod in recently. It is definitely a little different than mine. I think they came out of different factories. I am quite sure both are authentic though. They are way too rugged to be airsoft stuff.

Anyway, the bipod leg blades are a bit narrower when collapsed on the new ones compared to my original. So much so that it won't wok with my MOE foregrip. That would have drastically changed how I built my gun had I gotten a new bipod to start with.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Got my second M60 bipod in recently. It is definitely a little different than mine. I think they came out of different factories. I am quite sure both are authentic though. They are way too rugged to be airsoft stuff.

Anyway, the bipod leg blades are a bit narrower when collapsed on the new ones compared to my original. So much so that it won't wok with my MOE foregrip. That would have drastically changed how I built my gun had I gotten a new bipod to start with.

View Quote

Don't feel bad. There are different versions of the m249 bipod as well. Guess which I bought first
Resold it at a $15 or so loss. Just a retard tax I suppose

Bumpsaw v2.0 aka m249 para will arrive tomorrow. Pics soon, and videah soon after. I returned the chicom gopro I got, video was meh, so now you'll get LG G5 phone video

I just liquidated a p90 (minus the hammer pack I could never find, fuck you FNUSA), funds went towards a g36 .22LR and mags. Deciding if tax stamp for g36c glory or a gopro are proper appropriations for the remainder of that fund. Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Don't feel bad. There are different versions of the m249 bipod as well. Guess which I bought first

Bumpsaw v2.0 aka m249 para will arrive tomorrow. Pics soon, and videah soon after. I returned the chicom gopro I got, video was meh, so now you'll get LG G5 phone video

I just liquidated a p90 (minus the hammer pack I could never find, fuck you FNUSA), funds went towards a g36 .22LR and mags. Deciding if tax stamp for g36c glory or a gopro are proper appropriations for the remainder of that fund. Hmmmm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, I knew about the M249 differences at least.

These would look the same next to each other. I think the specs are loose because the differences in geometry wouldn't matter on a real M60.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:26:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone ever used one of these?

90rd snail mag
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Anybody tried a bumpfire grip?

Wondering if this would work on a 9mm pistol?

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:39:26 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I've used a bunch. They're actually my favorite so far.

Link Posted: 8/11/2016 11:41:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Anybody tried a bumpfire grip?

Wondering if this would work on a 9mm pistol?

https://youtu.be/b3Ggjw4Murk
View Quote

I'm not certain any exist in the wild yet.

I think they will probably work OK, but won't be as good as the whole stock for keeping the gun under control.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:12:21 AM EDT
[#29]
A buddy shot my old chronograph, so I just received my new Magnetospeed V3.  I note in the manual that it can calculate a rate of fire for you.  I knew it could grab the projectile speeds from automatic weapons, but calculating the ROF is a nice plus (although obvious, easy enough to do).  I'll give it a try the next time I'm out with the bump-Lewis.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:28:32 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

https://youtu.be/vIUBoR6T3Uw

View All Quotes
Quoted:

So your saying since Primary Arms has them on sale for $100, I should get one
I think I'll also attempt to cerekote it dark green ala m249 style
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 12:40:00 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm still waiting on the adapter but I agree that it's going to be a tight fit with my Midwest 15" rail.  Did you give the seller a call to ask about the narrowness of these bipods?  Mine is sturdy but I have nothing to compare.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:08:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

http://www.figurines-12-pouces.com/14364-29915-large_default/m249-200-round-ammo-box.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.figurines-12-pouces.com/14364-29915-large_default/m249-200-round-ammo-box.jpg

I've been meaning to order some of these for mine.

Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:09:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm still waiting on the adapter but I agree that it's going to be a tight fit with my Midwest 15" rail.  Did you give the seller a call to ask about the narrowness of these bipods?  Mine is sturdy but I have nothing to compare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't bother to contact them. I'm pretty sure it's in spec, and my older version is "loose."

I think it will fit on your gun fine. My MOE flares out pretty wide at the end.
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
A buddy shot my old chronograph, so I just received my new Magnetospeed V3.  I note in the manual that it can calculate a rate of fire for you.  I knew it could grab the projectile speeds from automatic weapons, but calculating the ROF is a nice plus (although obvious, easy enough to do).  I'll give it a try the next time I'm out with the bump-Lewis.
View Quote

Let me know how that works out and ill buy one if it's good!
Link Posted: 8/12/2016 1:26:32 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Bump for the bump god!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Optic added (TA11MGO-M249), got the dust cover right, actually took a real photo.

WE DONE BOYS. Gotta take it out one of these weekends. I clocked my previous cyclic rate at 850 RPM btw.

http://i.imgur.com/Of4M4oR.jpg
Bump for the bump god!  

AHHHHHHAHAHA! DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Forgot to post here as well

I present to you... Bumpsaw m249para

Got my m249 para bumpsaw in from the gunsmith, can't wait to test it out

It's not 100% done, still got a m249 rubber buttpad incoming, along with a m249 rear sight. Also have to break out the file and dremel and hand fit the Tapco SAW pistol grip to the bumpstock. All in all though, I think it came out fanfuckintastic

Also ordered a MWG 90rd snail drum to round out my drum collection (3x D60's)
I plan on Cerekoting it green to mimic a real m249 para even more

I'll update with gratuitous range video next week.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#37]
That upper is hotter than tijuana pussy...
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 6:13:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Latest BumpSaw action. Running a .308 carbine spring pretty much did away with hammer follows!

https://vimeo.com/178831101

Vimeo sucks and won't embed
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 6:20:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Noice.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 6:32:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah buddy!!! One-handed method FTW!!!

Let me see if I can get it to imbed.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:17:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Once you get the one-handed method down, you'll wonder how you ever did without it  As far as accuracy goes, I stitched a clean ivan target with 43 hits @100 yards in that drum dump. Silly stable platform
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#42]
The first test of the prototype extended takedown pin was a huge success. I had to modify it a bit and now it can be mounted on either side. It is really controllable one handed and the big pin makes it bounce off your thumb easily.

I am going to contact a buddy of mine who is a FFL/SOT and see what his opinion is before I go forward on making any more.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Once you get the one-handed method down, you'll wonder how you ever did without it  As far as accuracy goes, I stitched a clean ivan target with 43 hits @100 yards in that drum dump. Silly stable platform
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I believe it! My previous barrel was probably well shot out before I started doing tests for groups. I just rebarreled and opened up my gas port on a low round count barrel. I'm going to check my accuracy first thing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The first test of the prototype extended takedown pin was a huge success. I had to modify it a bit and now it can be mounted on either side. It is really controllable one handed and the big pin makes it bounce off your thumb easily.

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww71/GSGMAN/DFACC33A-F776-47CF-BF1F-FC4A6BBC7988_zps1bjlwsh3.jpg

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww71/GSGMAN/EB5EE0BF-5713-4903-81DC-5B732CB80E2D_zpsi4u4zuvp.jpg

http://youtu.be/RQFrGjEY4zQ

I am going to contact a buddy of mine who is a FFL/SOT and see what his opinion is before I go forward on making any more.
View Quote

I'm not a fan of loudenboomer devices, but badass!

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:19:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww71/GSGMAN/DFACC33A-F776-47CF-BF1F-FC4A6BBC7988_zps1bjlwsh3.jpg

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww71/GSGMAN/EB5EE0BF-5713-4903-81DC-5B732CB80E2D_zpsi4u4zuvp.jpg

http://youtu.be/RQFrGjEY4zQ

It is a Krinkov style brake with the cone removed. It's just an empty can that acts as a linear comp and makes it easier to bump.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Vimeo is pretty hard to embed.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:36:00 PM EDT
[#47]
I like where this thread is going...

- Clint
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#48]
It'd be a hell of a lot better if I could embed that damn video...
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Vimeo is pretty hard to embed.

View Quote

I think only YouTube can. Others have to be hotlinked.

Link Posted: 8/16/2016 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#50]
What's your guys recipe for success on running the aim light weight bcg?
I am now getting hammer follow
This is what I am running now
7.5 inch barrel pistol gas
Alg single chamber brake.
Standard buffer
Standard buffer spring
Rra two stage trigger
All this worked when I had my aim v2 nib bolt.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top