BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's pretty close, but if I had to use my BumpSAW back in Iraq, I would say it would only maybe work from defensive positions. I think if you trained on it enough, you might get it...

But as I always say, if the ruskies are parachuting in over calumet, the NFA is irrelevant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the best stock to go with?  I know they all ah e their advantages but from everyone here who has tried them all, what do I get?  And do any had a qd strap on the stock?

I believe the general consensus is the Fostech DefenAR15 is the best made... the rest are basically plastic and the same.

- Clint

Agreed.

Looks good and well made. That being said I'll wait for the price to come down a little bit. Quick question, do you think bump stocks have a place in real world battlefield applications? I'm completely ignorant to them I admit. I've never held or shot one but my concern would be having to "float" the stock to get it to bumpfire under stress in a firefight. Also, the trigger block that's built in to the stock, seems like that would be a hindrance when shooting semi / precision shots.

It's pretty close, but if I had to use my BumpSAW back in Iraq, I would say it would only maybe work from defensive positions. I think if you trained on it enough, you might get it...

But as I always say, if the ruskies are parachuting in over calumet, the NFA is irrelevant.

Link Posted: 1/25/2016 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Did I miss your reply in that quote tree?
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:14:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Slide fire is offering the BFR for sale again....

http://www.slidefire.com/products/rifles/bfr-556a
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:20:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Slide fire is offering the BFR for sale again....

http://www.slidefire.com/products/rifles/bfr-556a
View Quote

I've been staring at those for few weeks... that is a good price comparatively speaking. Unfortunately I would be in for one if they were $2500... but not $3500!

- Clint  
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 2:34:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Ya... I waited too. They were originally $6000.... I waited some more. $5500. And then I forgot about it for awhile and boom.... $3500... I purchased at 3500.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 4:09:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ya... I waited too. They were originally $6000.... I waited some more. $5500. And then I forgot about it for awhile and boom.... $3500... I purchased at 3500.
View Quote

Cool.... the Valkyrie without the bumpfire stock is still $4500, lol

- Clint

Link Posted: 1/31/2016 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I just wish they would sell the upper/lower/BC/system. I'd pay $2k for all of that.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 2:53:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just wish they would sell the upper/lower/BC/system. I'd pay $2k for all of that.
View Quote

me too

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:06:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What do you recommend? And what are you using?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just moved to a new state and I'm looking for a new range to shoot/test mine at. I'm running my same setup, a spikes lower with a Jard 1.5# single stage trigger on a Colt 604 upper with a Colt M16 bcg, with a DefendAR15.

I've got a NiB bcg that I want to see if it will increase the rate of fire. After seeing what the light weight bcg will do I might have to order one. Thinking about trying a Geissle trigger and switching to an M4 upper. I ran a couple different M4 uppers and the rate of fire was much slower than what I could get out of my 604 upper. I've got a unknown buffer in it and think that may have been the reason.

Let's keep this thing going.
The Geissele triggers have a very short lock time.  I believe that increases the hammer follow problems as the carrier has less time to close before the hammer reaches it.  

Geissele high speed has a 4.4 millisecond lock time (.0044 seconds), a stock trigger has about 10ms (.010s) and a JARD I believe is closer to 16ms (.016s).  Considering a ROF of 900RPM, you have a cycle time of .066s.  So a Geissele high speed is reaching the firing pin in about 6.66% of the cycle time.  A JARD is taking about 24.25% of the cycle time to reach the firing pin.

You could probably take any trigger and use a lighter hammer spring.  That's likely how JARD, or whoever, gets the pull weight down, which of course leads to a longer lock time.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:47:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You could probably take any trigger and use a lighter hammer spring.  That's likely how JARD, or whoever, gets the pull weight down, which of course leads to a longer lock time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just moved to a new state and I'm looking for a new range to shoot/test mine at. I'm running my same setup, a spikes lower with a Jard 1.5# single stage trigger on a Colt 604 upper with a Colt M16 bcg, with a DefendAR15.

I've got a NiB bcg that I want to see if it will increase the rate of fire. After seeing what the light weight bcg will do I might have to order one. Thinking about trying a Geissle trigger and switching to an M4 upper. I ran a couple different M4 uppers and the rate of fire was much slower than what I could get out of my 604 upper. I've got a unknown buffer in it and think that may have been the reason.

The Geissele triggers have a very short lock time.  I believe that increases the hammer follow problems as the carrier has less time to close before the hammer reaches it.  

Geissele high speed has a 4.4 millisecond lock time (.0044 seconds), a stock trigger has about 10ms (.010s) and a JARD I believe is closer to 16ms (.016s).  Considering a ROF of 900RPM, you have a cycle time of .066s.  So a Geissele high speed is reaching the firing pin in about 6.66% of the cycle time.  A JARD is taking about 24.25% of the cycle time to reach the firing pin.

I think your right.  Maybe I should try my SD3G with a yellow hammer spring

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:40:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...and then solder on some weight...
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:24:51 AM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

Holy fuck! Is that with the binary trigger? It's MP5/UZI speed territory
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:34:52 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Slidefire style, and it's faster.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:38:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forced me to buy another trigger form JSE. Too bad the original debadged ones disappeared.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I really need a good camera
for this kind of stuff. Any recommendations?

Also, I was thinking about dropping the money on one of the new slide fire stocks and painting it brown for the 3rd BumpSAW.

Anyone have one? I can't remember seeing one in this thread.
View Quote
Remind me after I've gotten to sleep to hit up WO and see if I can get you guys in touch for some form of collaboration.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:41:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Forced me to buy another trigger form JSE. Too bad the original debadged ones disappeared.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, the debadged BRO's were a good deal.  I think the $99 Rise armament is pretty similar though.  I might try one if I get another single stage AR trigger.

My binary trigger gets a pretty steady 700RPM or so.  Occasionally I will get a couple off faster, but I can't keep my trigger finger moving fast enough to sustain it.  Here is my binary setup with a Magpul 60.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:57:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yeah, the debadged BRO's were a good deal.  I think the $99 Rise armament is pretty similar though.  I might try one if I get another single stage AR trigger.  

My binary trigger gets a pretty steady 700RPM or so.  Occasionally I will get a couple off faster, but I can't keep my trigger finger moving fast enough to sustain it.  Here is my binary setup with a Magpul 60.
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=85040
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll let you know how the trigger works this saturday.  Just finished my build with the whisky arms aluminum carrier.  Bringing a few different uppers to try with it and get it dialed in.  I bought the 3.5# rise single stage trigger here and should be able to get out saturday and check it out.  I just have the old $99 bumpfiresystems stock, so we'll see how it all goes!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:01:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Nice, I have a feeling you'll be putting down some fast numbers.

I bought some RedX 7.62x39 firing pins for my Aluminum carrier and the AIM LW that's in my binary gun.  Hopefully that will help solve the hammer follow in my new bump gun.  I may grease the stock as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:17:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I bought some RedX 7.62x39 firing pins for my Aluminum carrier and the AIM LW that's in my binary gun.  Hopefully that will help solve the hammer follow in my new bump gun.  I may grease the stock as well.
View Quote

I ordered this titanium one to try and keep weight down too.  Only thing I'm waiting on so far here
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I ordered this titanium one to try and keep weight down too.  Only thing I'm waiting on so far here
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nice, can you measure it's over all length when it comes in?

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:24:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'll let you know how the trigger works this saturday.  Just finished my build with the whisky arms aluminum carrier.  Bringing a few different uppers to try with it and get it dialed in.  I bought the 3.5# rise single stage trigger here and should be able to get out saturday and check it out.  I just have the old $99 bumpfiresystems stock, so we'll see how it all goes!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FYI JSE has the same Rise Armament triggers for $95.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:42:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes sir, hope to have it today or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Jaqufrost : God dang 1400 rpm is insane fast. So it's the 14.5 and jard trigger making it run like that?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Jaqufrost : God dang 1400 rpm is insane fast. So it's the 14.5 and jard trigger making it run like that?
View Quote

biggest thing that i've taken away is the bolt/carrier weight is the biggest part of speeding it up.  Trigger helps, but the cycling weight being cut down and a powerful buffer spring to throw it back into place seems to be what it is.

edit: also gas system makes a difference too.  I've got 3 uppers I'm going to try at rifle/mid and carbine to check those out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:05:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
I did the 1400RPM with a BRO cassette style drop in trigger.  The aluminum carrier is what's letting it run fast, my complete BCG weight is roughly half of a standard BCG.  The 14.5 is also over gassed, so it has always run pretty quick, even with a standard carrier.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:15:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

biggest thing that i've taken away is the bolt/carrier weight is the biggest part of speeding it up.  Trigger helps, but the cycling weight being cut down and a powerful buffer spring to throw it back into place seems to be what it is.

edit: also gas system makes a difference too.  I've got 3 uppers I'm going to try at rifle/mid and carbine to check those out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The weight of the rifle matters quite a bit in RoF as well.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I really need to pull my 18" setup down and open the gas port.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:29:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Shit... I had a tab open at work but I was too busy to finish the transaction...

Sold out
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry. I think granite outdoors has some NIB ones for $130 if you don't want to wait.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Another weekend of not being able to get out shooting. I have some extra money to spend on BumpSAW parts. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#32]
308 build?

I want to get one of the 50rd drums for mine. I haven't built the stock yet, so I'm thinking about just using an echo trigger.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
308 build?

I want to get one of the 50rd drums for mine. I haven't built the stock yet, so I'm thinking about just using an echo trigger.
View Quote

Not a terrible idea.

Fun fact: I have never owned a rifle in .308 in my 18 years of owning guns. I got pretty close when I found a deal on a couple FALs/L1A1s, but my friend always brought all his out and it scratched my itch. The post panic price of ammo has made that caliber even less attractive.

I am kinda thinking an AK mag compatible AR would be a fun one and use the 75 round drums.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm staying away from 7.62x39 for now. I'm worried about ignition problems with most of the triggers that work well in bump builds.

Perhaps an Armalite 7.62x39 two stage would solve the problem.

I'll be running a bunch of ZQI 7.62x51 in my build. It's a little over $9/box.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:  Another weekend of not being able to get out shooting. I have some extra money to spend on BumpSAW parts. Suggestions?
View Quote

Offset sights so you can run one upside down?  
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:17:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Another weekend of not being able to get out shooting. I have some extra money to spend on BumpSAW parts. Suggestions?

How do I activate the trigger?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:15:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Went out looking for random gun stuff. The only thing BumpSAW related I found was a unbranded AR-10 buffer spring. It's objectively heavier for sure. Hopefully it isn't too stiff for TULA.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 3:39:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The stock is upside down as well, so you'd need a left-handed bump stock.  Your hand sits on the now-right hand side of the Bump-BREN.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:28:54 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The stock is upside down as well, so you'd need a left-handed bump stock.  Your hand sits on the now-right hand side of the Bump-BREN.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the bren idea has sailed, no one has bought in to the idea for the last year.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am going to have to borrow a set of dial calipers as visually I don't see a difference in the firing pins, but it may be very minuscule.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Has anyone made it work with a dedicated .22 AR15?  Not a S&W .22 style, but a regular ar15 with a drop-in conversion or dedicated barrel and bolt.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#43]
I finally got around to installing my Defendar stock on my Colt LE6920.  Included...Geiselle SD-E trigger, AAC SR-7 can, BCM KMR Alpha 15" rail with BCM small VFG, Trijicon MRO with Larue mount.  Have some fun mags with this, including the Surefire 100 rounder and an X-Products 50 rounder.  FUN.  

</a>
post a picture" />

" />
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:04:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Has anyone made it work with a dedicated .22 AR15?  Not a S&W .22 style, but a regular ar15 with a drop-in conversion or dedicated barrel and bolt.
View Quote

I personally have yet to see it done. I think the weight to recoil ratio might be insufficient.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I finally got around to installing my Defendar stock on my Colt LE6920.  Included...Geiselle SD-E trigger, AAC SR-7 can, BCM KMR Alpha 15" rail with BCM small VFG, Trijicon MRO with Larue mount.  Have some fun mags with this, including the Surefire 100 rounder and an X-Products 50 rounder.  FUN.  

http://postimg.org/image/u00od9i3t/

http://<a href=http://s28.postimg.org/ftkxi178t/BUMP.jpg</a>
post a picture" />

http://<a href=http://s28.postimg.org/u00od9i3t/BUMP.jpg</a>" />
View Quote

Damn...  You'll need an E-tool if you want to use that mag with a bipod...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I finally got around to installing my Defendar stock on my Colt LE6920.  Included...Geiselle SD-E trigger, AAC SR-7 can, BCM KMR Alpha 15" rail with BCM small VFG, Trijicon MRO with Larue mount.  Have some fun mags with this, including the Surefire 100 rounder and an X-Products 50 rounder.  FUN.  

http://postimg.org/image/u00od9i3t/

http://<a href=http://s28.postimg.org/ftkxi178t/BUMP.jpg</a>
post a picture" />

http://<a href=http://s28.postimg.org/u00od9i3t/BUMP.jpg</a>" />

Or....  there is yet another way....  
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Another weekend of not being able to get out shooting. I have some extra money to spend on BumpSAW parts. Suggestions?
View Quote

RPK or RPK74

Edit: If you want to stay with an AR have you thought about 5.45x39 or 300BLK
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

RPK or RPK74

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RPK or RPK74

I've definitely considered the RPK route. Every time I get close to getting one, the RPD desires creep back into my head.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:36:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I've definitely considered the RPK route. Every time I get close to getting one, the RPD desires creep back into my head.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RPK or RPK74

Has anyone found a way to make a bump fire stock work with the RPD?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RPK or RPK74

I am convinced I could do it with the cool tactical version. I think the ROF would be pretty slow, but whatever. if I could keep it at 550-600 it would be worth it.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top