Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Page three hates belt fed ARs with Slide fire stocks.  A Shrike & a new model from Slide fire.

Can't embed.

http://youtu.be/uQ777a64tK8

http://youtu.be/Cgb8qkunp-I
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I was surprised at how reliably many of the bump fire rifles fired.  For someone who wants an alternative to a registered select fire rifle, the bump fire seems to be a decent alternative.  

When a rifle is outfitted with a bump fire stock, can you still use the rifle for well aimed single shots?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If one was going to use a rifle like this for suppressing fire, would drum mags make more sense?  Or even the surefire million round mags or whatever they are?  It seems to me that you burn through 30 round mags so fast, you spend most your time doing mag changes.

I guess that's the benefit of belt fed.
View Quote

I own or have used pretty much all the normal "large" capacity mags out there. I will break the pros and cons down for them real quick.

C-Beta mag: Runs perfectly. Clears the ground and is decently compact. There is a video of me unloading an entire one into a Steel IPSC target @ 100m. Pretty cool.

KCI Beta. Worked great for about two cycles, then they jammed up BAD. Got them fixed, and have yet to try them out again.

MWG 90. Got it used and it was broken from the start. I was disappointed because I have heard great things about them. I plan on contacting them monday about buying some repair parts. The drum is big, but you can actyally see how much ammo you have.

Surefire 60. A tad long. You need to bump out the bipod legs to get to clear the ground sometimes. It's worked outstanding, and it's probably the best size-to-capacity mag I own. I plan on getting more.

Surefire 100. LOL.... WAY too long. Even with the M60 bipod fully extended I don't think it would work. It would be cool if it did though.

40 round PMAGs. About as long as the Surefire 60—maybe a tad longer. It's a PMAG so you know it's good.

double/triple mag-linked PMAGs. This is the cheapest and most awesome way to have 60-90 rounds on the gun. These work good if you make sure to have a PMAG cover on the mags not in use. The shaking action WILL make rounds pop forward on their own. See pic of what I mean about triple couple. I had to cut the Maglink to make it work.

This was it in it's first inception—note the three PMAGs:
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#4]
...I may have to build my stripped lower out into a SAW type rifle...
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:53:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Page three hates belt fed ARs with Slide fire stocks.  A Shrike & a new model from Slide fire.

Can't embed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Can't embed.

Those are so hot....  I also think the RPD with the AR stock adapter + a mashup of the Bumpski/DefendAR-15 would be pretty much perfect. 7.62x39 is a great round to bump.

Quoted:
I was surprised at how reliably many of the bump fire rifles fired.  For someone who wants an alternative to a registered select fire rifle, the bump fire seems to be a decent alternative.  

When a rifle is outfitted with a bump fire stock, can you still use the rifle for well aimed single shots?

Within reason, yes. The stock isn't as awesome as a UBR or anything, but it works just fine for well aimed shots. My bipod on the barrel sort of kills the possibility of any SPR level accuracy thought.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:55:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

everyone knows you aren't going to.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 2:56:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I have the lower and handguards on hand, as well as a stock and grip... I just need the rest of it and some small parts from Fastenal
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I have the lower and handguards on hand, as well as a stock and grip... I just need the rest of it and some small parts from Fastenal

I'm pretty close to #2.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:05:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/p180x540/970936_10200458767212004_1869643851_n.jpg

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm pretty close to #2.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/20140509_143854_zpsxsvk1sa9.jpg

Can I borrow that stuff?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't mind firing a slidefire AR.

I don't think it'd be as much fun as shooting a 240 though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:16:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Really though... what is?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:16:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I would buy one for a range toy if they were not so damn much money! I cant justify why they cost $350! Maybe $100 and I would buy one.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would buy one for a range toy if they were not so damn much money! I cant justify why they cost $350! Maybe $100 and I would buy one.
View Quote

The point is that it's not *only* a range toy. It's not a real MG either, but it's not some novelty. Everyone that shoots it understands.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:24:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shooting 25mm
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:28:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Shooting 25mm
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shooting 25mm

Yeah, there's really not a bumpfire equivalent for that, now is there.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shooting 25mm

Yet.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The point is that it's not *only* a range toy. It's not a real MG either, but it's not some novelty. Everyone that shoots it understands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have shot one and its freaking fun. But I feel they would sell more if they lowered the price to reach more customers. People on the fence would jump on it if it was cheaper.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got a slidefire hidden away.  I should build a dedicated rifle.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I don't understand the hate.

When I caw a co-workers video of his nephew shooting an AK with one of these I knew I had to get one. I want one just for the simple reason that someday the BATFE or other .gov outfit might decide that I don't need one and outlaw all future sales.

I don't have one yet, but that is going to change. I have read your team thread as well as this thread.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:41:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have shot one and its freaking fun. But I feel they would sell more if they lowered the price to reach more customers. People on the fence would jump on it if it was cheaper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand completely.

When I set out to do this broadband was making his DIY version. I tried a DIY stock and it was epic shit... I decided to drop the $$$ because I was really testing the practical applications. Minus the triple mag link and my bipod set up, I didn't really invent anything new—I saw the potential in stuff that was already out.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I love this gun and I am suspicious of it being legit 1200rpm. we were thinking it was about 1050-1100, but that's still fast.

Here is a pic of the shot timer. I actually let someone else try it out for time.
EDIT: Here is the video from that shot timer run. Hopefully Madcap gets all sciency on it.

http://youtu.be/y1qqVSYWjeQ

View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

I love this gun and I am suspicious of it being legit 1200rpm. we were thinking it was about 1050-1100, but that's still fast.

Here is a pic of the shot timer. I actually let someone else try it out for time.
EDIT: Here is the video from that shot timer run. Hopefully Madcap gets all sciency on it.

http://youtu.be/y1qqVSYWjeQ

Science denied, too echoey.  

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#23]
This guy tried something similar with an RPK. It's a bit unrefined, but it shows that the concept works universally.

Better?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 3:52:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

This guy tried something similar with an RPK. It's a bit unrefined, but it shows that the concept works universally.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zI7IY41v1w
View Quote
Yea but your link didn't

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:00:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Yea but your link didn't

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zI7IY41v1w
Yea but your link didn't

Fixed. I'm bad at the internet apparently.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:06:32 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I'd rather just have a Geissele SD3G trigger.   Which I do have.  Fast enough for me.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvr0rSaFgZE&sns=em

View Quote
Shit, that was musical!

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:11:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I want a bumpski for my PTR91.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:18:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

That would be awesome. .308 would definitely provide enough recoil to make it work... What is the largest magazine for that rifle platform?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
That would be awesome. .308 would definitely provide enough recoil to make it work... What is the largest magazine for that rifle platform?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They make beta c's for them

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:22:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View Quote

this also i dont get it you can buy knockoff Chinese everything but where are the 100 dollar knock off slidefires?

ive been tempted to build one like the guy did on here.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:31:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

this also i dont get it you can buy knockoff Chinese everything but where are the 100 dollar knock off slidefires?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet the Chinese knock-offs would look good, too. I think that is the REAL reason few people buy one.  

My original Slide Fire actually broke, so it's not like they are made of some insane strong material. I broke it trying to clear a jam via mortar method and slide fire replaced it for free when they didn't have to. I was very impressed, and though I use the Fostech stock now, I still respect their company quite a bit. While it's expensive, I think the customer service made up for it.

Let me state this again: THIS WAS FROM VERY HARD USE.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 4:59:07 PM EDT
[#32]
I agree. I'm just waiting for the first idiot to get arrested with one, and claim the letter gives them the ok. An ATF opinion letter is only valid for the person it's addressed to, and in the letter they clearly state they made it for "handicap" shooters. I'm not handicapped. So I'm not legal to own it? According to the letter I'm not.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I agree. I'm just waiting for the first idiot to get arrested with one, and claim the letter gives them the ok. An ATF opinion letter is only valid for the person it's addressed to, and in the letter they clearly state they made it for "handicap" shooters. I'm not handicapped. So I'm not legal to own it? According to the letter I'm not.
View Quote

You talking about the Sig brace?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:11:37 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like.

Funny part being, he's trying to read too far into everything.    The ATF rules on what's in front of them, not how, or who, it's used by.

That's why the clarification letter came out stating that shooting a sig arm brace from the shoulder does NOT make it a shoulder stock, as they don't regulate how a legal product is used.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Anyway, the point of this bump fire gun AND the SB-15 is to be an egg on the face of the NFA. They are legal, they are probably 85-95% as good as the real deal, and they are paperless.

If I become a test case, so be it. 3 hots and a cot... I am staying within the law in all regards here. No springs, no tricks, no nothing. Just forward pressure on slack bipod legs with a bumpfire stock.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#36]
I have one on my AK...its a blast and works great..only have one AR so I probably wouldn't have a slidefire on that...
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 5:53:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have one on my AK...its a blast and works great..only have one AR so I probably wouldn't have a slidefire on that...
View Quote

This + your AK slidefire...

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:50:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Will that stock work with 9mm and 22lr carbines?
View Quote

Mine works great with my 9mm AR, but apparently my 22lr is too heavy.  I have seen some people get them to work with 22lrs, though.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 6:59:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

When I paired the Fostech stock with the SD3G trigger I was getting insane rates of fire...and LOTS of failures. It was literally so efficient that the "bump action" was beating the BCG back into battery, causing the trigger to drop the hammer on the bolt early. Sort of a weird hammer follow. I solved it with Madcap's suggestion to put silicone grease on the moving part of the stock and slow it down. I think it might be OK with the polymer Slide Fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have to admit, I am seriously impressed.  And that's coming from an M16 owner, though I've never had an issue with bump stocks.  Really cool friend...tempted to try this with my other rifle that has the SD3G in it

When I paired the Fostech stock with the SD3G trigger I was getting insane rates of fire...and LOTS of failures. It was literally so efficient that the "bump action" was beating the BCG back into battery, causing the trigger to drop the hammer on the bolt early. Sort of a weird hammer follow. I solved it with Madcap's suggestion to put silicone grease on the moving part of the stock and slow it down. I think it might be OK with the polymer Slide Fire.

H2 buffer would fix it as well, it's called carrier bounce and is pretty common in converted ar15 ' s and .22's...

This thread makes me want to go take a quick video to check my cyclic rate.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#40]
I have a few new videos to upload yet. Here is my 45 yard target

Here are a few pics of the rifle. Its just a temporary set up.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:11:35 PM EDT
[#41]
30rd dump

at the target above.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

H2 buffer would fix it as well, it's called carrier bounce and is pretty common in converted ar15 ' s and .22's...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Have to admit, I am seriously impressed.  And that's coming from an M16 owner, though I've never had an issue with bump stocks.  Really cool friend...tempted to try this with my other rifle that has the SD3G in it

Switching from my H3 buffer to my stock actually helped it out. Swear to god. LOL. I tried going down that road and it made things worse.

Clear your AR, pull back on the carry handle and press the trigger. The hammer was engaging in that spot. The RoF with the H3 buffer was too slow and the slide-action of the stock too fast. I put the stock buffer back in and put the silicone grease on the Fostech and BOOM. Problems almost totally solved.

Edit: I have a couple different H2 and H3 buffers to monkey around with. I may try both the slower stock and cyclic rate. It's clocked at a consistent 840 now and honestly, I think 700 rpm is the sweet spot.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Grease is a couple bucks and immediately available.

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
30rd dump

at the target above.

http://youtu.be/Z9KHtOFQZAM
View Quote

That is so awesome. What distance is that?

I need to find someone with a post-sample M249 to go head to head with. Obviously the SAW will win, but by how much?
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I need to find someone with a post-sample M249 to go head to head with. Obviously the SAW will win, but by how much?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
30rd dump

at the target above.

thats only about 45 yards. Iron sights are a little hard to use with the bumpfire beyond that
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

thats only about 45 yards. Iron sights are a little hard to use with the bumpfire beyond that
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
30rd dump

at the target above.

I dont know, man. That's what? a 5 1/2" to 6" group? Call it 12" @ 100yds and 24" @ 200yds.

That's most or all of your rounds in the target at 4x the distance on IRONS.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:37:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

http://youtu.be/0zI7IY41v1w

Better?
View Quote

This is what I was thinking after I saw your other thread a long time ago. Fostech + RPK= awesomeness.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have a few new videos to upload yet. Here is my 45 yard target

<a href="http://s542.photobucket.com/user/jm0502/media/20140706_161014_zpsf1e879b5.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg415/jm0502/20140706_161014_zpsf1e879b5.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s542.photobucket.com/user/jm0502/media/20140706_161058_zpseff7b60e.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg415/jm0502/20140706_161058_zpseff7b60e.jpg</a>

Here are a few pics of the rifle. Its just a temporary set up.

<a href="http://s542.photobucket.com/user/jm0502/media/20140706_161506_zps657c9c57.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg415/jm0502/20140706_161506_zps657c9c57.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s542.photobucket.com/user/jm0502/media/20140706_161511_zps9b671dbb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg415/jm0502/20140706_161511_zps9b671dbb.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s542.photobucket.com/user/jm0502/media/20140706_161538_zps1a6c2d41.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg415/jm0502/20140706_161538_zps1a6c2d41.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s542.photobucket.com/user/jm0502/media/20140706_161546_zps596b321a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg415/jm0502/20140706_161546_zps596b321a.jpg</a>
View Quote

Really digging your bi-pod set up, it gives it a BAR appearance.
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 7:39:01 PM EDT
[#49]

I liked your buds revolver rant video better, cokeman. Been shooting your Makarov in your house much lately?

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Ran out to the field and took a couple videos for your pleasure.

http://youtu.be/xU_YcqSC5uY

http://youtu.be/RpA-cd5cbjg

Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top