User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:10:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:14:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I will be all over that like stink on shit... I have a 200 round belt of M855/M856 ready to go....

Link Posted: 4/10/2015 12:22:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm wondering what the price will be.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 7:30:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I will be all over that like stink on shit... I have a 200 round belt of M855/M856 ready to go....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have 668 rds on a belt ready to go
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 8:51:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

We were discussing that in the office this morning. It will probably be out of my range.  Still, it'd be awesome to have a bump stock on one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We were discussing that in the office this morning. It will probably be out of my range.  Still, it'd be awesome to have a bump stock on one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

considering the fact that I haven't gone all in for an RPD should be proof that I will likely be priced out from this...

Still cool though.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, an RPD is on my list, hopefully next year some time. Ive still got 5 or six stamps to pay for first.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 3:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yeah, an RPD is on my list, hopefully next year some time. Ive still got 5 or six stamps to pay for first.
View Quote

Being real, I would probably find a way to get my hands on one if it is realistic ($2500 or so).
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been following this thread and the "bump saw" concept for a while and decided to build one of my own so here I am.  I've got a 16" heavy barreled mid length rifle on a 9-13" bipod, H2 buffer, and JP yellow/red trigger spring kit with an SSAR-15 bump stock.  I have yet to fire it but will post updates when I do.  

What is the optimal buffer weight for a bump saw?  I saw Skillet's videos where he had too much magazine/drum mass and he couldn't initially figure out how to make it sing but then got it figured out.  I'm going to use two 40rd PMAGS coupled together.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 1:55:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I use a standard carbine buffer.  I was worried bolt bounce would cause problems, but so far it hasn't.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 8:23:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been following this thread and the "bump saw" concept for a while and decided to build one of my own so here I am.  I've got a 16" heavy barreled mid length rifle on a 9-13" bipod, H2 buffer, and JP yellow/red trigger spring kit with an SSAR-15 bump stock.  I have yet to fire it but will post updates when I do.  

What is the optimal buffer weight for a bump saw?  I saw Skillet's videos where he had too much magazine/drum mass and he couldn't initially figure out how to make it sing but then got it figured out.  I'm going to use two 40rd PMAGS coupled together.
View Quote

Welcome to arfcom!

I think stock buffers are best. The running consensus is that fast cycling to relatively slow recoil/bump movement will yield the best results.

Make sure you test out that bipod with your 40 round PMAGs. They are pretty darn tall, and if they are dragging on the ground, they will likely cause failures in the bump-cycle.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I burned up about $100 of ammo tonight with only one failure that I don't think was related to the bump firing.  A Tula steel case got stuck in my chamber and I had to bang it out with a rod.  Other than that, I had a great time shooting prone and from the bench.

40 round PMAGs and coupled 30 rounders worked great.

I have a feeling I'm going to be poor soon.

Here is a video of the gun firing pretty well:  https://vid.me/UBda
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:46:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I burned up about $100 of ammo tonight with only one failure that I don't think was related to the bump firing.  A Tula steel case got stuck in my chamber and I had to bang it out with a rod.  Other than that, I had a great time shooting prone and from the bench.

40 round PMAGs and coupled 30 rounders worked great.

I have a feeling I'm going to be poor soon.
View Quote

Pics or video?
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 11:48:25 PM EDT
[#14]
https://vid.me/UBda
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:10:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Firing from the bench: https://vid.me/1PjT
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:14:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Last video:  https://vid.me/IRQU
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 12:25:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Looks sweet!
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 1:24:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Let me know which one is your favorite (maybe a pic too?) and I'll put it in the OP.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:31:19 AM EDT
[#19]
TulAmmo Bump!

Did something change with video embedding? I can't seem to embed a video anymore.

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:38:04 AM EDT
[#20]
One more video, this time about 30 rounds of ZQ1 M855.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:  TulAmmo Bump!

https://youtu.be/HsoWTNQCYVM

Did something change with video embedding? I can't seem to embed a video anymore.  
View Quote

You've got to drop the s out of the https://

Link Posted: 4/17/2015 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks, I knew I was missing something.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#23]

IN! First dude to find out MSRP better post it up cause I have a jar that needs a fill line for all my pennies. Never thought I would want this, but the bumpsaw has been a fun ride. Seems like this is the only logical path from here.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 10:42:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
IN! First dude to find out MSRP better post it up cause I have a jar that needs a fill line for all my pennies. Never thought I would want this, but the bumpsaw has been a fun ride. Seems like this is the only logical path from here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I've heard MSRP is right around 7k.  Only 100 to be made, so expect them to sell very quickly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 11:10:59 PM EDT
[#25]
7.5 inch with alg scb brake. It will shake your fillings out and clear the range because it's so obnoxious
http://youtu.be/1GRNMBV9s7g
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Let me know which one is your favorite (maybe a pic too?) and I'll put it in the OP.
View Quote

The first video I posted is the best one.  Here's a pic of my rig:

Specs:
16" heavy barrel with mid-length gas system
H2 buffer
JP yellow/red trigger/hammer springs on stock LPK trigger
9-13" bipod mounted as far forward as it can go on the handguard rail (about 10") in front of receiver
SSAR-15 bump stock
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#27]
OK, updated the OP as best I could from a phone. Not having YouTube makes things harder, but whatever.

Always glad to see another one of these in the wild!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Well... Had the afternoon off. Busted my gas block or I'd be done.

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Looking good. At very first glace, I though you somehow picked up the semi auto SAW.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Looking good. At very first glace, I though you somehow picked up the semi auto SAW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Me too. I about shit myself.
SIDE NOTE: I'm convinced that if its possible when the semi-auto SAWs drop I'm grabbing up a FOSTECH for one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:18:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

SIDE NOTE: I'm convinced that if its possible when the semi-auto SAWs drop I'm grabbing up a FOSTECH for one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was so stoked for the real deal, but not for $7K...

Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$7K!?! Nevermind
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Where did you get the reciever piece to attach the front hand guard? Looks awesome.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Where did you get the reciever piece to attach the front hand guard? Looks awesome.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I made it... I will have a DIY thread when I am done.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:34:42 PM EDT
[#35]
View Quote

That's going to take some Journeyman level ghetto engineering to make a heat shield for that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That's going to take some Journeyman level ghetto engineering to make a heat shield for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have some ideas (using an authentic M249 heat shield) but I may just leave it off.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#37]
So I have been brainstorming quite a bit and I think I have a workable way to have a bipod supported gun with a QC barrel. It is going to take some machining to make it look and work legit, but I am confident I can get a workable prototype out in a few months.

In the mean time, I figured I would post my DIY setup currently. I just got bored and decided to do this, so it is reflected in the "hokey factor." Still, it let me see some of the things I will need to do with a more professional setup, and gave me something to get numbers off for the more permanent project. Right now it's 1.25" square tubing with a 7/8" pipe clamp welded to it. The bipod is mounted with a 1/2" ID steel pipe clamp, and some electrical conduit parts. After I was done I hit it all with some high heat BBQ paint. If you have a welder, you could probably mimic this for ~$50 tops. It took me like 2 hours—most of which were finding and fixing my tools.

I have rewelded some stuff here, so that's why the tube is black in some pics and not in others.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#38]
What is that barrel nut from?
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What is that barrel nut from?
View Quote

It's from my parallax tactical rail that I got in a trade. it's just sitting in the safe so I figured I'd use it here when I'm fabbing up stuff.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Very nice. Gives me some ideas to work off of.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:09:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:36:06 AM EDT
[#42]

How much does the M145 normally go for?  That price seems pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 12:48:29 AM EDT
[#43]
I am monitoring this thread
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:05:34 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote
That is awesome!

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I am seeing it for ~$1300ish on some quick searches.

Why the hell do all the good deals come after tax season?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 5:10:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Have you thought about integrating a constant recoil design into your latest iteration?  I had an idea on it today and threw it up in my other thread.  I can cross post here if you want.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#47]
TAG

- Clint
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
TAG

- Clint
View Quote

Yeah buddy...

I'm ready for the G17 vs BumpSAW competition...
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I was actually thinking that the top half piece of something like this will work easy-peasy with the HG cap and the delta ring.

Link Posted: 5/11/2015 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Had the bump gun out at a day on the range with some work friends and clients.  It was quite a hit.  One guy called up his wife and told her to get a stock for Father's Day.  Everyone who tried it was able to make it function.  This was from the bipod, usually with the AAC 762-SDN-6 on it.  All my stuff worked great* and I got to shoot some neat other guns, so it was just a fantastic day on the range.

At the end of the day I had one last go with a 30-round mag at this IPSC target we had set up at 100 yards.  We marked out the two hits it had from someone else.  I meant to do it in bursts, but in the moment it felt so good that I did one long burst of all 30 rounds.  There's 19 hits, plus two edgers on the head and shoulder (possibly from the previous shooter) and at least three on the stick on the left.  I suspect most of the others are just off to the left.  Next time I'll have a bigger target, but I'd say this rifle is good for getting 95% in about a 24" circle at 100 yards.  What is the standard for long bursts from LMGs anyways?

* - except camera for videos of other guys shooting this, and tannerite etc...
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top