Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oooooh... I'll be picking that up once I'm home. Thanks for the share!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

For anyone looking for a budget low mass carrier, rubber city armory is now offering one. Not as light as the AP Custom, but retains forward assist serrations if you want it.

https://www.rubbercityarmory.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=51

Oooooh... I'll be picking that up once I'm home. Thanks for the share!
I thought you might want one, lol.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:57:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you end up ordering the low mass carrier?
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I did not. I'm pretty swamped with BS right now. So bad that I've logged out of all other types of  social media outside arfcom. I check this here and there but I'm avoiding any internet arguments.

As soon as the storm passes I'll be on it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:47:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I did not. I'm pretty swamped with BS right now. So bad that I've logged out of all other types of  social media outside arfcom. I check this here and there but I'm avoiding any internet arguments.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that man, I was wondering what happened to you
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's nothing bad, just a very large amount of work/school/personal crap.

The dumb ammo panic doesn't help either. I have extra ammo, but the BumpSAW chews through it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

The dumb ammo panic doesn't help either. I have extra ammo, but the BumpSAW chews through it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did not. I'm pretty swamped with BS right now. So bad that I've logged out of all other types of social media outside arfcom. I check this here and there but I'm avoiding any internet arguments.

Ammo prices may put a damper on my bumpsaw use too  Thankfully I ordered some Independence 5.56 a couple weeks ago right as things were starting to take off.  Normally I was shooting ZQI M855, but that's pretty much all gone now.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:08:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I sold my transferable machine guns.  Then I made the mistake of coming into this thread, so now I have a slidefire coming.  Even though I've shot a good bit with the fun switch, these things still look like fun to me.  I think I'll try it on one of my 5.45 guns first...I stocked up on that shit for a couple reasons and this is one of them.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 6:14:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I sold my transferable machine guns.  Then I made the mistake of coming into this thread, so now I have a slidefire coming.  Even though I've shot a good bit with the fun switch, these things still look like fun to me.  I think I'll try it on one of my 5.45 guns first...I stocked up on that shit for a couple reasons and this is one of them.
View Quote

Make sure you do it off of a bipod. It has a more authentic feel that way.

It's a little different than firing the SAW, but not that much.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear ya.  Slide Fire came in today.  Now, ready to bump-saw:

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Got my M-60 bipod mounted today. I will get outside tomorrow and take some pictures.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 10:36:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Sweeeeet... Two new BumpSAWs. Good shit!
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 11:17:13 AM EDT
[#12]
M&P 15-22 bump-saw ready to go. Got the kit from Grabagun (stock, trigger and recoil-increasing muzzle break).
Sold my un-used Bumpfire Systems stock to recover some of the cost.
Bipod is off a Stoeger Atac pellet gun.

Have to say, the Slidefire is much nicer finished, and smoother in action.
Won't know for a week or so how this one runs.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
M&P 15-22 bump-saw ready to go. Got the kit from Grabagun (stock, trigger and recoil-increasing muzzle break).
Sold my un-used Bumpfire Systems stock to recover some of the cost.
Bipod is off a Stoeger Atac pellet gun.

Have to say, the Slidefire is much nicer finished, and smoother in action.
Won't know for a week or so how this one runs.<a href="http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/usjet1/media/saw1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1232.photobucket.com/albums/ff380/usjet1/saw1.jpg</a>
View Quote

Awesome! Good luck with it! I have definitely seen people get M&P 22s to bump.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got my M-60 bipod mounted today. I will get outside tomorrow and take some pictures.
View Quote

It's tomorrow...

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It's tomorrow...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's tomorrow...

Sorry guys. I got a call from a good friend that just picked up a Ruger 556. He asked me to go to the range and help him site in the Ruger and another AR. All my life I have caved easy to peer pressure and this morning was no exception.

I did not get back from the range till late afternoon. Then I played catch up on weekend chores. I will get pictures up soon.

I have to get a crush washer to get the flash hider timed correctly.

ETA: Stupidity
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 9:31:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Sorry guys. I got a call from a good friend that just picked up a Ruger 556. He asked me to go to the range and help him site in the Ruger and another AR. All my life I have caved easy to peer pressure and this morning was no exception.

I did not get back from the range till late afternoon. Then I played catch up on weekend chores. I will get pictures up soon.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's tomorrow...

A Ruger SR556 would a make a fine Bump SAW...
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks to this, I am now building one.   I am trying to adapt a saw bipod to the barrel. Will see how it goes.  It's only money right.  I will try and get some pics up as soon as I am close.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Thanks to this, I am now building one.   I am trying to adapt a saw bipod to the barrel. Will see how it goes.  It's only money right.  I will try and get some pics up as soon as I am close.
View Quote
I have pondered this for so long. You'll need to account for the handguards when it's closed. I actually pondered attaching a real M249 handguard so that the bipod could collapse inside of them.

Let me know how it works out!

Link Posted: 3/18/2015 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone looked at Michaels Machines MM23E with the 21E conversion setup.  Belt fed 5.56 swappable to 7.62 with a couple parts changed.  It needs a bumpstock  RPD would probably be a lot cheaper though.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 11:49:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anyone looked at Michaels Machines MM23E with the 21E conversion setup.  Belt fed 5.56 swappable to 7.62 with a couple parts changed.  It needs a bumpstock  RPD would probably be a lot cheaper though.
View Quote

Did you watch the same new video I did?
I've been lusting after a MM21 for a while now, and those conversion kits are super cool.  7.62x39 sometime too.  Last I saw was $13k for the gun and upper $20ks for the sear.  I'll stick to bump-ARs for now, although if I'd saved with a purpose instead of buying so much other cool stuff...

As close as I get now is the new HK21-style angled foregrip that I added to my bumpgun a week ago.  I feel less compromising already.  Will show lame pics the next time I have it out.

Link Posted: 3/19/2015 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I've been lusting after a MM21 for a while now, and those conversion kits are super cool.  7.62x39 sometime too.  Last I saw was $13k for the gun and upper $20ks for the sear.  I'll stick to bump-ARs for now, although if I'd saved with a purpose instead of buying so much other cool stuff...

As close as I get now is the new HK21-style angled foregrip that I added to my bumpgun a week ago.  I feel less compromising already.  Will show lame pics the next time I have it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNh4IzYSfus
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNh4IzYSfus
Man, that thing makes my pants tight. Why the US doesn't use that as the SAW, I do not understand.... As far as making it a Bump-SAW, it seems like it might be hard to get it to bump with the way the lower and stock come together. I could be wrong. There is a way around EVERYTHING.

Regarding the video, I couldn't help but notice how his gun was hopping all over more than most of the guns in this thread. The Bump-SAW concept is pretty legit. I have only really experienced issues with steep downward angles. I bet with practice I could get it down. Obviously if the ruskies started jumping in I wouldn't bother with "bump-fire," but it's awesome to have for recreational and political protest purposes.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#22]
I think a fire on pull/fire on release trigger pack would make these beltfeds pretty useable.  Still semi-auto, but in the third position you could crank ~800rpm out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2015 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I think a fire on pull/fire on release trigger pack would make these beltfeds pretty useable.  Still semi-auto, but in the third position you could crank ~800rpm out.
View Quote

Sometimes I look at all this stuff I want on Arfcom and need to remind myself that I already have some pretty sweet guns.

I just keep repeating to my self "you don't need that."

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Speaking of how spendy belt fed kits are for ARs, I was email chatting with a guy at slide fire sales about buying a belt fed upper or just the conversion kit and I mill out my upper myself. No dice for us though, the BF is only sold as a complete rifle for $4k. I mentioned this thread and the tech thread and he said he saw them and was very impressed by our rates of fire we are all getting. I used all my powers of pursuasion and still nothing. He did at least put me on the back burner for a kit IF they ever are offered separately, or so I told him to.

A bump SAW would have been SUPER handy last time I was out hog hunting. Sitting in the high mounted chair on the back of the War Wagon, we came up to a group of 6-7 sows and probably 20 piglets. I emptied my 30 rounds of 6.8 as fast as semi would allow; smoked 4-5 of them. A belt fed bump SAW on the roof of the truck would have been devastating on them. All bunched up next to a stock tank, it was perfect.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 2:40:24 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Speaking of how spendy belt fed kits are for ARs, I was email chatting with a guy at slide fire sales about buying a belt fed upper or just the conversion kit and I mill out my upper myself. No dice for us though, the BF is only sold as a complete rifle for $4k. I mentioned this thread and the tech thread and he said he saw them and was very impressed by our rates of fire we are all getting. I used all my powers of pursuasion and still nothing. He did at least put me on the back burner for a kit IF they ever are offered separately, or so I told him to.

A bump SAW would have been SUPER handy last time I was out hog hunting. Sitting in the high mounted chair on the back of the War Wagon, we came up to a group of 6-7 sows and probably 20 piglets. I emptied my 30 rounds of 6.8 as fast as semi would allow; smoked 4-5 of them. A belt fed bump SAW on the roof of the truck would have been devastating on them. All bunched up next to a stock tank, it was perfect.
View Quote

Getting 20 kills on an area target would have put you at god tier in BumpSAW world...
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 5:41:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Posted this in the theoretical discussion thread, but I don't know who checks it. I sketched this idea up and I might get to work on it soon. It's a quick barrel change Bump-SAW.

The thing on the bottom would be rectangular steel attached to a reciter clamp. I would perhaps put something to attach to the barrel because it's not important for me to free float and I would like to spread the stress. It might be as simple as a spring clip on the barrel though; just something that stops the tube from bending too far out of parallel.

M249 bipods could be used, and probably the hand-guards as well.

A matching barrel would be ready to swap out.

I think this is doable.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 6:33:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Posted this in the theoretical discussion thread, but I don't know who checks it. I sketched this idea up and I might get to work on it soon. It's a quick barrel change Bump-SAW.

The thing on the bottom would be rectangular steel attached to a reciter clamp. I would perhaps put something to attach to the barrel because it's not important for me to free float and I would like to spread the stress. It might be as simple as a spring clip on the barrel though; just something that stops the tube from bending too far out of parallel.

M249 bipods could be used, and probably the hand-guards as well.

A matching barrel would be ready to swap out.

I think this is doable.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/schkoot/91ACCF16-B2D1-4DD2-B3AD-35615265030C_zpsw9l3zzis.jpg

View Quote

That looks awesome man. Are you thinking of using the Dolos Quick change barrel system? Still DI?

ETA I gotta learn how to read.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Here is where I am at on it, still trying to figure some stuff out.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 8:15:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I was tempted to buy a 249 bipod and try and mount it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#30]
For this application the Dolos quick change barrel looks like it would benefit from having a handle welded to the quick change sleeve/heat shield. Particularity if it gets hot. Looks like it is aluminium.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:14:21 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

For this application the Dolos quick change barrel looks like it would benefit from having a handle welded to the quick change sleeve/heat shield. Particularity if it gets hot. Looks like it is aluminium.
View Quote
Interesting. We'll see soon enough. Anyway, I'm back from vacation and ready to start messing with gun stuff. I think I'm going to make a wood mockup of this new setup. I'm a carpenter, so I have all the tools to make it right for a prototype.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I've thought about hot swapping uppers.  Good luck on getting the barrel swaps working!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:15:01 PM EDT
[#33]
I picked up a BFS stock from a local shop yesterday for $80.  

Ordered for a customer that never picked it up, the owner wanted it gone so I helped him out.  

Nine mm AR will be the guinea pig.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I've thought about hot swapping uppers.  Good luck on getting the barrel swaps working!
View Quote
I thought about that too. I figured it's just as easy to have two guns...

If the wood mockup doesn't work I'll probably abandon the project. I'm pretty confident it will though.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:19:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I picked up a BFS stock from a local shop yesterday for $80.  

Ordered for a customer that never picked it up, the owner wanted it gone so I helped him out.  

Nine mm AR will be the guinea pig.
View Quote

Nice! Pics n' videos!!!
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:35:25 PM EDT
[#36]
Getting closer.

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Getting closer.

<a href="http://s120.photobucket.com/user/warhound_01/media/20150331_192747%201_zpsnj3tnk1a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o177/warhound_01/20150331_192747%201_zpsnj3tnk1a.jpg</a>
View Quote

Oh hell to the yeah!!! I am going to do something similar...

You need one of these to flush out with the hand guard!!!!
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:53:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Getting closer.
<a href="http://s120.photobucket.com/user/warhound_01/media/20150331_192747%201_zpsnj3tnk1a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o177/warhound_01/20150331_192747%201_zpsnj3tnk1a.jpg</a>
View Quote

Much like mine is getting closer to being a MM 21.  Well, close meaning that it has an angled front grip.  Nothing else really matches.

I got this Slidefire stock with the .22 package from Grabagun, I like it a little better than the BFS one.  Slightly smaller grip feels better and the grip might be a skosh closer to the safety.

Vids follows from this weekend.  270 rounds bumped, almost all with 762-SDN-6 suppressor.  First time out for that suppressor.  I learned that the 51t latch button gets as hot as the rest of the suppressor.  I also shot some with the Saker 556 I have previously used, but I don't have vid from that so I can't compare.

No malfunctions, but my rate of fire was quite variable at times.  I was using the Federal AE .223 that I was hoping would be cleaner than the Prvi M193, it wasn't.  Early in the session the gun was changing from fast to slow rates of fire within a magazine.  I will keep an eye on it, as I haven't seen that with other ammo.  The 300 frames-per-second video below shows some of this, the first 4 shots go off in rhythm, and then the 5th and 6th are slower.

The 600 fps slow-mo video is out of focus so I didn't upload it, but you can see some bolt bounce.  I need to pay attention to that gun tuning stuff someday.  Until I got into suppressors and bump guns, I just built and shot ARs and never had a problem.  Haven't had a problem with the new stuff either, but I guess I need to check a bit, to put it in the optimal part of the performance curve.

Unfortunately grass was really long on this rifle bay so I couldn't see my targets for safe shooting from the prone.  So I was up on the bench and bouncing all over.  Had fun punching my steel at 100 yards, at least with the first round on each string.  Also punched my target stands (rebar A-frame) in 3 places and shot one of my s-hooks apart.  Suppressive fire.

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 1:10:50 AM EDT
[#39]
MmmmmMmmmm... Very nice!  

Your pic/video is in the OP.

I pondered the angled VFG, but decided against it, in case I had a large mag in the gun.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Getting closer.

View Quote

Warhound:

What is the thing you are using to mount the SAW bipod to the barrel?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Slide Fire just annouced a price drop today. One of their main stocks the SSAR-15 OGR is now priced at $179.95, down from its original $369 MSRP.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/04/01/slide-fire-lowers-their-bump-fire-stock-prices/
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Slide Fire just annouced a price drop today. One of their main stocks the SSAR-15 OGR is now priced at $179.95, down from its original $369 MSRP.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/04/01/slide-fire-lowers-their-bump-fire-stock-prices/
View Quote

Hmmm...

My OGR worked pretty good, but it looked like a prop from star trek.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:56:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Getting closer.

View Quote

That is fucking boss.
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

http://www.pkfirearms.com/product_images/0000/0741/item_950.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Getting closer.

http://www.pkfirearms.com/product_images/0000/0741/item_950.jpg

I like the idea, but this is the optic I had in mind. If I use the riser, might make it to tall.

As far as the mount it is just a sleeve that is threaded 1/2x28 and adapted to 5/8x24. Will try to get better photos once i have it all finished.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 2:58:34 PM EDT
[#45]
So this is a sleeve that goes over the barrel?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:51:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So this is a sleeve that goes over the barrel?
View Quote

Yup, is held in place by the 1/2x28 threads, and slides over the barrel. Not sure what it's going to do to my accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:53:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That is fucking boss.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Getting closer.

That is fucking boss.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Bored... Decided to do a second setup...

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Had the newly built Bump Saw out for the first range outing yesterday morning. It was a little cold, so no target work.......hit a junk car with every round out at 150ish yards

16" mid length barrel, Fortis gas block, KAK flash can, Jard adjustable 1.5# single stage trigger, Fostech Defend-AR stock, Ares Armory NIB BCA, Standard carbine buffer and standard spring.

Fired 5 - 20rd mags (Lancer L5AWM) filled with my own reloads, some Tulammo and a few ZQ1.

100 absolutely perfect rounds. Not one hammer follow, light strike, etc......was very promising. I was doing 3-5 round bursts and a couple 10rd strings. wasn't trying to do full mag dumps. Maybe that is why I had such good luck.

I will try get a video sometime soon.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 10:57:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Had the newly built Bump Saw out for the first range outing yesterday morning. It was a little cold, so no target work.......hit a junk car with every round out at 150ish yards

16" mid length barrel, Fortis gas block, KAK flash can, Jard adjustable 1.5# single stage trigger, Fostech Defend-AR stock, Ares Armory NIB BCA, Standard carbine buffer and standard spring.

Fired 5 - 20rd mags (Lancer L5AWM) filled with my own reloads, some Tulammo and a few ZQ1.

100 absolutely perfect rounds. Not one hammer follow, light strike, etc......was very promising. I was doing 3-5 round bursts and a couple 10rd strings. wasn't trying to do full mag dumps. Maybe that is why I had such good luck.

I will try get a video sometime soon.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Bump_Saw.jpg
View Quote

For a "first time out" not having any stops is really impressive. Looks like you have a legit setup! It also sounds like the jard trigger is where its at. I will probably pick one up when I get that LW carrier.
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top