Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/17/2001 8:39:36 PM EDT
I am in college now and I am wondering if i should start eating ramon noodles more often and start buying the weapons I crave while it lasts or will it be there when I actually have some money to spend. I would expect to have a payrole and be on my feet in about 3 years tops.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think AR's will be illegal in 3 years but there might be a short supply of AK's.

I am in college too.  I got my AR because I won $1000 in the lottery while scratching tickets at work.  Now I am saving up for an AK.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:47:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I bet many PRK subjects pondered that question a couple of years ago.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:53:05 PM EDT
[#3]
AR's will be taken off the market in 2005, when the new Dem admin and congress come into power. I suspect we will have five more years to register them and they will be outlawed by 2015.
So enjoy them now.
All you need to do is find a credit card which you won't have to pay until you graduate, (or divert your student loans.)
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:03:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Pick what you want most and buy 'em now if you can, or you will regret it.  I remember when you could get a premo M1 Carbine with mags for... I remember when... In the current setting I don't see prices getting any lower.

Here in the PRK, almost everything with a pistol grip is banned.  I really want a FAL, but can't buy one now.  Moving to America is just not in the cards just yet.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:07:20 PM EDT
[#5]
New "AR's" are already gone, there now called sporters or "AR" type weapons. Anyway I think the FMJ ammo will go first. Besides in their eyes whats the perpose of FMJ's
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#6]
just buy one anyway its a good gun that will provide years of happyness besides you can always use another gun
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Entreprise sells complete FALs and receivers in CA.

Or you can order an Imbel receiver from Dealer Warehouse, and STG58 kit from FAC, and send if off to a gunsmith for assembly. Check www.fnfal.com.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:53:18 PM EDT
[#8]
In 2015, the new Dem admin "could" be overthrown.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 10:08:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
In 2015, the new Dem admin "could" be overthrown.  
View Quote

Sure you don't mean "will"??
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#10]
ar's banned?  but that hurts my feelings and nowadays people cant do that.  right? i'll call cnn or abc and ask them if they can do one of those bleedingheart, pointy head, intellectual segments about the unfair act of banning ar's cause it hurts many people's feelings.  it works so well for the libs.  just a thought.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 1:24:58 AM EDT
[#11]
3-5 years.  Depends on who wins the next couple of elections.  Also how many more workplace/school shootings happen during that time also.

Any more domestic terrorism incidents could hasten the process also.

You have been given the gift of additional time with the Bush win in the election.  You need to buy whatever you need NOW.  Time is short.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 1:32:39 AM EDT
[#12]
They can have mine at any time.....bullet holes and lead first!  Come get it, Feinstein[-!-]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 1:41:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Just start buying and don't look back.

Times running out.

Don't worry about the noodles, just get the AR's.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 2:58:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Buy your ramen in Bulk at Sam's or BJ's it will allow you more money to spend on purchasing AR's
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 3:24:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Buy it yesterday, buy ammo today.  Firearms are almost always a good investment.  I wish that i'd bought a couple of AK's when thay were $159.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 3:27:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
AR's will be taken off the market in 2005, when the new Dem admin and congress come into power. I suspect we will have five more years to register them and they will be outlawed by 2015.
So enjoy them now.
All you need to do is find a credit card which you won't have to pay until you graduate, (or divert your student loans.)
View Quote

Guess who passed all the "Gun Control" legislation in the last 7 or so years...A republican Congress!!!  When are people going to wake up and see the republicans are [red][u][b]NOT[/b][/u][/red] are allies!?!?!?!?!?!?!

[:(!]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 3:51:46 AM EDT
[#17]
If I were you, I don't want to wait to find out. I get it while I still can. Thing can change rapidly in a year. No one knows for sure.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#18]
You could always just buy the lower reciver first.  That could be $200 or less complete with the A2 butstock.  
Then buy a upper for 4-5 bills later this summer after working the whole deal.  As long as the upper is headspaced, you can just pop in on.
Also, start stocking on mags, $15-20 a pop.  Once you start, remeber it goes down hill from there.  
Also, get a job part-time hippie, and during the summer, work two jobs!!  I did when I was your age.  [smoke]
also, make sure you vote, that does not cost anything!! If you vote and write to your reps, maybe it wont get banned!!  
c-rock
[url]www.illinois-shooter.org
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#19]
This thread is depressing in how you're all seeming to accept our slide to the HCI wetdream.

Firefight, you got it right,
as long as it doesn't happen in the next few years(I'm still in high school...gonna be a few years before I have the money and an apartment- dorms ban weapons- for an AR), it'll be after I run out of ammo.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#20]
36,35,34,33,32,31,30,29......how much time do you have left? Let me check my watch. Don't count on the Republicans to guarentee anything. Bush Sr. banned most military firearms from import in '89. It only gets worse, it never gets better and time is ticking.

Gentlemen, I strongly believe we will be the LAST generation capable of purchasing NEW military type weapons. It will be a continued struggle for successive generations to simply own them at all. The same way we marvel at how are grandfathers could buy anything is how our grandchildren will view us. If you want it better do it.

Get off your ass and grab the LEGP rifle. $660.00 is cheaper than FFL prices for the same gun. If you don;t have the cash get a second job at a carwash or whatever. No amount of hardship to purchase this gun can compare to telling someone, "Yeah I could have bought one of those years ago when they were legal."
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 8:20:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Guess who passed all the "Gun Control" legislation in the last 7 or so years...A republican Congress!!!  When are people going to wake up and see the republicans are [red][u][b]NOT[/b][/u][/red] are allies!?!?!?!?!?!?!

View Quote
I agree with you to an extent but let's give the devil(democrats)his due. Bill Clinton and his minions were responsible for the assault weapon ban. Gore was the deciding vote. Many Republicans were painted out as "for weapons whose sole purpose is to kill children" by the Democratic propoganda machine. So some, fearing for their careers, got behind this bullshit.
I don't mind lying Republican responsibility at their feet. But let's keep in mind who the REAL assholes are.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#22]
The liberals are already working on more legislationn to ban not only the AR but several other type of Assault rifles and handguns (especially semi-autos). Just visit any of the Gun Ban rallies and listen to them speak, you will get thier agenda for the next 3 years. We need places like the NRA to keep our rights in place....and they get these Cheifs of Police on thier side and all, butnot all cops are against gun ownership....I'm not as long as one is used morally and legally.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 8:44:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Get the imbel FAL like the guy said above. Mags are cheap. $8-$15 .
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#24]
I just hope that call it a "War on Weapons" since the War on Drugs was such a raving success.  More drugs and cheaper prices.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 8:48:00 AM EDT
[#25]
you can call me one of those guys who need aluminum foil hats BUT it is m firm belief that there are technologies available to both govt and non-govt agencies that can influence people into acting in certain ways.  these 'feeling' frequencies can be laser beamed into a house or send out on a wide band 'carrier' frequency such as radio or tv (the germans used this in ww2 guys imagine what it is like now).  by coincidnece cell phones operate at the same freq. range as our brains.

now that i have set the stage for the possibility of outside 'manipulation' - we must now investigate what kind of scenario would cause good americans to TURN their weapons IN ON THEIR OWN or risk looking UNAMERICAN.

there are many that come to mind - but the one that seems too easy is this.

using the mind manipulation technology - get a group of people in the u.s. (a cult, a persons with certain tendancies towards violence, or manchurian candidate types) to invade a home of a person with alot of evil assault weapons, a gun shop - then go on a bloody rampage with full media coverage. EVERY CHANNEL FOR 48 hours or more. the news story of the decade!! hostages, executions, dead kids everywhere.

and guess what?  feinstein types will take this fabricated event to their advantage.  even the most staunch pro-gun president will have to bend and ask for 'all good americans' to turn those suckers in.  and if that don;t do it - throw in some really high body count school shootings.

guys the technology for this to happen is over 60 years old, and what if kids are the most vulnerable?  i have a good friend that i trust who is 'sensiant' - she can feel energies natural and other and she swore that there was some kind of very powerful evil feeling energy that came out of her tv while watching the last episode of 'seinfeld' and guess what guys?  what happened the next day?  columbine.  call it crazy, insane, alu-hat funny farm time WHATEVER

i just hope i'm wrong

steve
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 8:50:09 AM EDT
[#26]
[B]SteyrAug:[/b] Bush ban the AK47's and the Spas12 shotguns in 89!!!! i just hope Bush today
remember's who help got him elected. but seriously i really don't think we have seen nothing yet. it seem's to me the Ar15's are the thorn in the Anti's side's. i think camp perry/
and competition shooting is keeping the ar15 alive the longest.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 8:58:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Tomorrow, April 19th- Patriot's Day, the Emerson decision will be released. The 2nd Amendment will be ruled a collective right that only applies to the national guard. It will be game over.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Bush banned AK47's back in '89?  Hmm, I thought it was later.  Given that information, is it possible that the ban on AK47 importation was more a factor of getting the last laugh on the Cold War then it was gun control?  I'm "assault weapon" control was his intention anyway, but I find it fascinating he chose to pick the Russian-breadwinner as his decision.  I'm sure I'm not the only one to think of this, and I'm sure I'm not really correct in it, but it is food for thought; we were wrapping up a Reagan administration with a succession by Bush, this would have been a nice "last spit in the face" of Russia.

Of course he also banned the SPAS-12 which is Italian; that doesn't really fit the criteria, but hey give me at least SOME credit for the creative thought process [:P]

Jew~
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 9:22:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Er, I suppose I should have replaced the words "Russia" with "USSR".  Because we fondly disliked the Soviet Union, but of course we welcomed with open arms the Russians...but you know what I mean...

Jew~
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#30]
We must not forget that it was Dole the traitor that allowed an unconstitutional senate procedural move on the floor of the senate with only 4 individuals there to allow brady to go into effect. To paraphrase his words, it was that Brady needed a win. This from a scumsucking republican traitor who swears by the same unholy cloth as Bush and his father did. There are very few words to reflect what I think of Klinton, and the whore of washington and what they did to our country. In 86 and 87  there were those who laughted at the idea to cache ammo, buy what you needed (ar's. spas, hk's, street sweepers, etc) before they were outlawed. When the bans came in they would ask us what to do, and we would only tell them that they had to concentrate on what they could get now, and would have to pay premium prices to get anything that was banned. Then came the maggots of the liberal world telling us what we could have and using the bully boys of the alphabet soup groups to enforce and promote fear in the nation. To those of you that are young, and are just now awakening to a sense of awful peril for our nation, get your butts in gear and start amassing all that you can. People may deride your concerns, but in the event that the tyrants in washington go into full bloom, are you going to be a sheepel, or a warrior. In all generations there are the warriors that are criticized for what they believe in, but when the shit hits the fan, guess who they run to for help. Our beloved Constitution will be crying for those that prepare to save it. Will you be the mindless minions that cringe under the bed, or will you stand up for liberty, truth, God, family, and our true nation. Prepare now, obtain all that you can including all of the ss109 that you can.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 9:45:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 10:25:25 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm from Canada, and I believe gradually politicians and anti-gun advocates will point at fellow Common Wealth Countries like Britian and Australia as being the gun control model that we should follow. The Canadian Public  already view people who own rifles like the AR15 as "fanatics" or "irresponsible", and if we think it is only Liberals who hold this view, we are sadly mistaken. Most of the flak I have taken about owning AR15's or Ak's have come from taget shooters and hunters. We are a dying breed.

AR15's are already restricted weapons in this Country (to and from the range only), and I think eventually they will be banned outright, as will all handguns, and semiauto rifles. I predict this will happen within ten years, or sooner, if there continues to be high profile shooting incidents in schools and workplaces.

As for me, I'm buying all "evil assault" weapons
while I can. Hope you do the same.

Signals
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So enjoy them now.
View Quote

View Quote

So far DemoCraps have written every gun ban bill, the republicans are only voting.  Now we have everyone's favorite McCain also promoting anti gun bills.

The big fear is 2004 and will the Dems take over Pres, house and senate. Backlash from the 2k election.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 10:48:23 AM EDT
[#34]
[b]enigma2y0u:[/b]

I am a college student right now; graduating this May.  I started college in the fall of 1997 and will be out in spring 2001.  This is what has happened since I was in college:

1.  Y2K scare hits the nation; AR-15's go from uncommon to rare.  Prices rise from $900+ to $1,200+.  Even postbans get expensive.

2.  Kalifornia creates laws against just about everything that could be construed as fun.  In November and December 1999, ALL AR-15's get REAL RARE.  Good Colt and Bushmaster models start going above $1,500.00.  Even postbans become in demand.

3.  Expectations of a large sell-off of Y2K stockpiles are dashed; most folks who bought "assault weapons" decide to keep them instead of selling them.  (ie.  Fewer in circulation.)

4.  Overall, Klinton and Kompany ban the import of post-ban NON-ASSAULT weapons like the Steyr USR, most thumbhole AK's, etc.

5.  The BATF reinterprets some policies and ends the importation of barrels and receivers.

6.  Preban magazines get more expensive; finding ones that are New in the Wrap or are factory refurbished get harder with each day that passes.

I've probably forgotten a few things, but you should get a general idea of where I'm going.  

Eat noodles.  Buy preban AR.  Buy many mags; more than you think that you will ever need.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 10:57:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote
I agree with you to an extent but let's give the devil(democrats)his due. Bill Clinton and his minions were responsible for the assault weapon ban. Gore was the deciding vote. Many Republicans were painted out as "for weapons whose sole purpose is to kill children" by the Democratic propoganda machine. So some, fearing for their careers, got behind this bullshit.
I don't mind lying Republican responsibility at their feet. But let's keep in mind who the REAL assholes are.
View Quote

Their (congressmens') sole responsibility is not their "career" but [red][b]PROTECTING & UPHOLDING THE CONSTITUTION![/b][/red]

[u]Let me run by you a brief list of items that are "the law" in America today. As you read, consider what all these have in common.

1. A national database of employed people.

2. 100 pages of new "health care crimes," for which the penalty is (among other things) seizure of assets from both doctors and patients.

3. Confiscation of assets from any American who establishes foreign citizenship.

4. The largest gun confiscation act in U.S. history-which is also an unconstitutional ex post facto law and the first law ever to remove people's constitutional rights for committing a misdemeanor.

5. A law banning guns in ill-defined school zones; random roadblocks may be used for enforcement; gun-bearing residents could become federal criminals just by stepping outside their doors or getting into vehicles.

6. Increased funding for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, an agency infamous for its brutality, dishonesty and ineptitude.

7. A law enabling the executive branch to declare various groups "Terrorists"- without stating any reason and without the possibility of appeal. Once a group has been so declared, its mailing and membership lists must be turned over to the government.

8. A law authorizing secret trials with secret evidence for certain classes of people.

9. A law requiring that all states begin issuing drivers licenses carrying Social Security numbers and "security features" (such as magnetically coded fingerprints and personal records) by October 1, 2000. By October 1, 2006, "Neither the Social Security Administration or the Passport Office or any other Federal agency or any State or local government agency may accept for any evidentiary purpose a State driver's license or identification document in a form other than [one issued with a verified Social Security number and 'security features']."

10. And my personal favorite-a national database, now being constructed, that will contain every exchange and observation that takes place in your doctor's office. This includes records of your prescriptions, your hemorrhoids and your mental illness. It also includes-by law-any statements you make ("Doc, I'm worried my kid may be on drugs.... Doc, I've been so stressed out lately I feel about ready to go postal.") and any observations your doctor makes about your mental or physical condition, whether accurate or not, whether made with your knowledge or not. For the time being, there will be zero (count 'em, zero) privacy safeguards on this data. But don't worry, your government will pr
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Until you willingly give them up...

Link Posted: 4/18/2001 11:32:13 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm not trying to be a smart@ss but, legally how can guns be banned?  Is it justified that these cause deaths, so they can be made illegal?  It seems to me that, and I am not a lawyer, that the restrictions on weapon-bans would be a valid agruement, especially if you could prove that the gun actually is not used in crimes.  Can something be outlawed, just becasue some people think you don't need it?  I guess what I am asking is:

When was the last time someone was killed with an AR-15 (not some AK variation)?

I have asked this before and not gotten an answer, but if there are any there are probably few.  You could just compare it to say, people killed by cigarette lighters, or airbags.  (I like the airbags since you could draw a direct comparision with lives saved vs. accidental deaths).

I think that a way to fight the gun regulations is with property rights.  OK, outlaw it, but you have to buy them back at market value.

What I really want to see is the second amendment verified as an individual right.  Then make it so that if you move to state with restricitons, as long as you owned the gun before the restrictions, you could keep it undersome kind of federal equal protection language.

Personally I think that the next few years will bring:

1. No high-cap guns. (New guns cannot accept hi-cap mags. Picture a single stack AR mag, with a thinner magazine well.)
2. Consumer "Protection" legislation. (Are recalls ever mandatory?  Bring in your childs crib, or we will send in the Reno.)
3. So many states enact AW bans that, yes you can own an AR, but you can never move from your home state.

Really, when was the last time someone was shot with an AR, police and the 82nd Airborne excluded?
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 12:14:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Man, this is just too depressing.
View Quote

Man, that is what I am saying.  I like to have a positive outlook...but damn you guys, you ruin it.  I just hope some of these predictions are not true.

BTW contras21 has a very valid point.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#39]

[red]FromMyColdDeadHand "I think that a way to fight the gun regulations is with property rights. OK, outlaw it, but you have to buy them back at market value."[/red]
[u]                                                                                           [/u]

And what is fair market value?  When the guns are determined illegal, then the "fair market value" will be nothing!  They will no longer have a value because the Gov has determined that they are illegal.  I surely wouldn't buy one then, only to have the Gov take it away.  So if you are "lucky" (their words, not mine) when they come for your guns, they will tell you that if you give them up, you will not be killed or put in jail.....  I guess I should feel thankful !
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 12:59:46 PM EDT
[#40]
enigma2y0u, if your short on funds, then I would consider buying a stripped lower (the only part w/ a serial # and the only part that requires an FFL).  Olympic ([url]http://www.olyarms.com/[/url]) has them for only $82.  Then, you could buy the parts at you can afford them.  That way, if new purchases of the AR-15 is outlawed, you already have it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 3:17:37 PM EDT
[#41]
the part that really pisses me off about this whole deal is the fact that shootings take place in public. no one invites a group of people over to thier house to shoot them. as far as i know it has been illegal for quite some time to carry without a permit. why didn't our retarded government figure out that when this law didn't work the others would lead to no solution either. the United States sucks, but its a double edged sword becase we have wonderful things in this country.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Going in to debt to buy an AR is bad advice.  Not having a rifle doesn't make you slave.  But owing someone else a lot of money does.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 3:49:07 PM EDT
[#43]
AMEN Brother!!!

Financial Freedom is the only "true" freedom one can acheive in the current shape our country is in.

Buy a knife...When TSHTF cut a UN/ATF/FBI/DEA/CIA/NSA etc... bastard and take his stuff.  You'll save on interest payments, won't be registered with the FBI, and you'll eventually get a full auto to boot!

But I should talk, more weapons then I need and still owe a mortgage...Its a good theory though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 3:52:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Right now, the current stats on gun deaths are
the lowest since 1966.  Not much on anti gun
stuff at the moment.  NJ's Torrecelli(sp?)
is in trouble with his China connection.  His
anti gun crap could be muted for a while.  Don't
count on Bush or his moderate Republican friends.  I do not believe Bush is a conservative.  Our only voices, in my opinion,
are Chaney and Ashcroft. I had one paranoid fear
that Clinton, in his last hours, would sign some bogus executive order making all gun ownership an illegal act.  I would not want to
make predictions.  Politicians want to be reelected.  If the soccer moms go away, we might
have a chance.  Clinton and Tony Blair were buds.  Maybe Bush won't warm up to Blair & his anti gun laws.  I don't trust Bush.  I just
wish a tried and true pro 2nd Amendment guy (or
gal) would step up and announce candidacy in 2004.   Just once.  Anyway, thanks for reading,
John H Osterholm
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 4:20:22 PM EDT
[#46]
In my humble opinion the next big "BAN" will be all semi auto weapons with more than 5 round magazines. That way the hunters will still be halfway appeased, then it will be banning all semi autos and with these victories they will go after all guns to be registered. Buy now, guns make you happy and contented!!
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Imbrog|io,

Are you just making a hopeful prediction, or is the Emerson decision really being released tomarrow?

Kyle
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Sounds like I'm not the only one listening to Art Bell.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 5:32:41 PM EDT
[#49]
SHSHSHSH.Man this is more than depressing!Think NRA. I guess there is only so much they can do, with all the bullshit that goes on.Enjoy noww and keep our fingers crossed(on the trigger of corse).
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#50]
the NRA comprimises to Freaking much also they supported the NFA back in 34  i wish they would stop sending me all this junk mail about we need money. Join GOA!  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top