BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 34
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:44:24 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just in case anyone missed it (I did), Christina did an update on the Caring Bridge link yesterday.

Have your Kleenex and prayer bones ready.....

Continued prayers and thoughts.
View Quote

Couple new ones are up & yes it gets real dusty.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:46:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Still praying for you. God bless.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:58:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have sat here thinking about how to phrase this  for nearly 20 minutes and still don't know how, but here goes. I recently heard from someone I know who lost his daughter at age 3 in a drowning accident. This tragedy happened years ago and I had thought I knew the story, but recently he shared about how his wife began  having a miscarriage late in the pregnancy. He immediately asked for prayers from his church and community and rushed to the hospital while both friends and strangers prayed  for his child. When he got there, he found that their daughter survived and was perfectly healthy.

They lost her 3 years later. He spoke about how, in his grief, he was tremendously grateful that God allowed them to hold her and know her, even if only for a brief time. He said that he believes it was God's will to bring her home during the pregnancy, but  He allowed them the gift of being able to see her due to the prayers of these hundreds of people.

OP, I don't know why this is happening to you and your family, nor does anyone have the ability to provide these answers,  but when I pray for you, I am  also going to thank God that you were able to see your daughter and hold her, even if turns out to be  only for a little while.
View Quote

Thank you for sharing that.

Brandon shared with me that he always thought he would pass away young-he felt by 30. When he was diagnosed originally at 29 he really thought that was it. When it came back in June he said he had an overwhelming feeling that God spared him his life the first time, answering prayers and allowing us to have 3 years, buy a house and have a daughter. I am so grateful he was there for the birth of Aria. And the timing is shitty, yet I see God's blessings within it. I had a high risk pregnancy b/c of my Lupus and needed a lot of care from 20 weeks on. In the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy I got a huge burst of energy out of no where, while Brandon then visited many doctors, leading to the bad news. Though he was in the ER for half of my labor, God allowed him to be there for the important part, and he even had 2 days/nights of being the husband and new father he dreamed of being. I believe God held it off to bless us with those moments. I have to trust His plan, I just wish He had a different plan for us.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:11:15 AM EDT
[#4]
God Bless you both and respect both your strengths. Thank  you for sharing everything you have. My niece which is a year and half now is also named Aria. She is an amazing little girl.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:21:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Continued prayers of comfort.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:57:50 AM EDT
[#6]
More prayers from overseas....
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:05:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Just dropping in to send our best wishes to you and yours.

New post up on caring bridge site about 7 hours ago..
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:25:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Just got off working the night shift at the hospital. Sat down and was thinking of you guys.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:26:36 AM EDT
[#10]
More thoughts and prayers coming your way.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

More thoughts and prayers coming your way.
View Quote

Prayers coming from my loving family!

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Christina, after reading today's post I thought of this:

As someone who had no faith at the time I lost my father and BIL in 2006, I honestly don't know how I made it through my grief and pain.  I'm wondering now if this was how I made it out of my dark hole.

You don't want to burden others. I know. But even when you think you're going it alone, you're not.

There will always be days where the hardest task you have is getting out of bed.  On those days, remind yourself of this prayer and the fact the we are with you too.

As much as I cry reading everyone's posts, I am uplifted by their responses to you, Brandon, and Aria.

Prayers to you and your family.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:24:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Prayers for you and your family this morning.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Second that !
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Second that !
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Second that !

And third.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 11:50:14 AM EDT
[#16]
And 4th.  Just got ready for the day and said a prayer for you all.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:08:53 PM EDT
[#17]

We are thinking about you Brandon and hoping you are comfortable.  My family and I continue to pray for you all.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey Brandon, good morning man!

Here's some silliness for you...I hope you get a chuckle out of these guys.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:38:18 PM EDT
[#19]
From Caring Bridge a bit ago:

By Christina Hayslip — 28 minutes ago

"God gave me this thought to rest in today and I wanted to share it, as it is really calming my heart for the moment:

With every image of this battle that I fear I won't forget, I strengthen myself against the pain it causes me, knowing that though it hurts me to the core, it is ministering true love to Brandon in his time of need. Giving love far outweighs the pain I take on in serving my husband. True love is selfless, and this is where I get to bless Brandon. As Jesus took the pain of the cross out of love for us, Lord, let the love that was shown outshine the pain I feel. Let it overcome and encompass the hurt, and fill me with joy. Amen. "

Amen
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Jeep this is the first time I saw the thread, I tend to stay out of gd. I am praying for you and your family.
I have a daughter named Aria and I'm your age, your situation really hits home.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:41:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Prayers again and I have been thinking about you guys
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Prayers to you all this mid morning.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Funny thing im not a big church guy   BUT I've sure been doing a lot of talking to him lately  ..keep strong ...
Brandon's a lucky guy to have you by his side ..
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 2:16:22 PM EDT
[#24]
This seems a long day,
Prayers continue.........
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Thinking of you guys today. Prayers sent up! May God give you strength and courage to fight harder each day.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Thinking of your family. God bless.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Praying that Christina gets some restful sleep.  I can imagine the anxiety and the feelings of detachment/dizziness that comes with worry.  Jesus, I pray that you bring her mind to restful awareness and clarity.  I pray that you continue to do your work through Brandon, and by your grace heal his condition if it remains in your will.  Amen
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:17:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Stay strong Jeep!

Praying for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#29]
My family is still praying for yours, we want you to grow old and see Aria grow up. We have faith, and know you do too.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:34:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Prayers before sleep for Hayslip family.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 9:45:51 PM EDT
[#31]
New update on the caringbridge get the tissues ready.... Praying for you all. Christina please let us know anything that you may need.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:02:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
New update on the caringbridge get the tissues ready.... Praying for you all. Christina please let us know anything that you may need.
View Quote

Have the whole box ready. Still praying for you. God bless.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having worked an oncology ward as an RN for almost 14 years gives you some insight as to what it going on.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Mrs. Miami_JBT and I have you and yours in our prayers.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Thank you hyperjoe :) And thank you and your wife for the adorable gift! I was able to show Brandon when it arrived and he loved it.  Aria has a pound or two to gain til she fits in it, but I will have my brother in law help me post a pic when she's in it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Your in our thoughts and prayers tonight as every night
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Edit. Links were just posted
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:28:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Tonight’s Caringbridge entry is a tough one.

I have had many, many conversations with all of my children over the years about prayer.  When they pray for specific requests which are not fulfilled, then as kids they might think that God does not love them,  Even adults, some on this board, have said “I prayed for a miracle and my mom died, so now I don’t believe in God anymore”.

I have always tried to temper the direction of my children’s prayers by discussing the will of God. and about how prayer works and how God has plans so intricate and intertwined that we can't begin to comprehend the way we are destined to go from one moment to the next.  We can only live by faith and travel the path that we are currently on.

The truth of the matter is that praying for a miracle is a huge sign of faith and love.  But accepting God’s will, and thanking Him for it, is even bigger.

For weeks now I have been keeping Brandon in my prayers.  I have been praying for a miracle, if it is His will; and for God’s will to be worked in the lives of Brandon and Christina for His pleasure and purpose.  Lately I have been adding to my prayer that pray that Brandon rests easy in his heart as he grows closer to his new journey.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."   Romans 8:28
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#42]
God bless and keep strong.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:30:05 AM EDT
[#43]

Still glued to you guys and wishing heaps of peace, comfort and wisdom your way.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:37:53 AM EDT
[#44]
May God bless you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:00:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Thank you for sharing your journey with us Jeepswife.

I visit caringbridge for your updates and they always seem to stir up the dust around here.

My thoughts are with your family.

Stay strong.

You have many people behind you.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:03:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Thank you for sharing your journey with us Jeepswife.

I visit caringbridge for your updates and they always seem to stir up the dust around here.

My thoughts are with your family.

Stay strong.

You have many people behind you.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 3:30:51 AM EDT
[#47]
May Peace of God, which passeth all understanding, keep your hearts and minds in the knowledge and love of God, and of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 5:17:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Geez...  You weren't kidding.  That was a tough one to read.  Prayers out for the Hayslip family.    
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#49]
That last update was difficult to read. I can't find words.

God and I aren't on the best terms, but I said a prayer for your family this morning.

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:49:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Donation made.

Man, what a huge bummer

Fucking cancer

Godspeed
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top