BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 34
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Brandon, still praying for you and your family.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
still here, and we always will be.

prayers out.
View Quote

Well said chapperjoe.  We're thinking of you much more than we express it here Hayslip family.  

We'll be down to 12 triggers tomorrow, so the rest of you better get in line while you can.  I'm proud to be a part of this family.  We may bicker and argue on occasion, but we're there for each other when it counts.  We're here.  Just tell us if there's anything we can do Hayslips.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Continuing prayers . . .

Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Still thinking and praying for you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#5]
None of this is for "us", and yet somehow, it is.

Thank you for the update!

With love and continued prayer....
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:46:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Thinking about you Brandon & Christina & Aria.  We pray every night for you guys.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:44:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Praying for you, Hayslip family. God bless.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:15:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Brandon & Family,

Just a quick little story for you.

I'm in Kuwait right now on my last deployment before retirement. My job is to transport and issue ammo to an Artillery Unit. It's tough, physical labor that my old ass can barely do anymore.

The other day, while out in the desert issuing ammo to the guns, I stopped for a second and looked at all the rounds layed out that we had moved by hand. ( they weigh 98 pounds each) I was covered in sweat, had sand in places you don't talk about in polite company, and my back was killing me. But while I was thinking about how tired and beat I was, the thought crossed my mind that you guys were going through a hardship that I can't imagine, and I thought to myself that Brandon would much rather be here doing this than facing what he is going through right now. I realized that I have absolutely nothing to bitch about.

At that exact moment, while I was thinking about you guys, our unit photographer snapped a picture of me. I heard his camera shudder and it brought me back to reality. I didn't think anything else of it until a couple days later when I saw the picture uploaded to my Units facebook page.

So, here you go. A picture of a random stranger that you've never met who was captured on film while thinking about you guys from thousands of miles away. Stay strong. And the next time we go out, I'm going to write a note on one of the illumination rounds so that you can light up the desert sky.

Take care

I'm the guy on the left, closest to the camera.

<a href="http://s85.photobucket.com/user/Leatherpuke/media/r3sp_zps4d651cdf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/Leatherpuke/r3sp_zps4d651cdf.jpg</a>
View Quote

Thanks.....my hat is off to you. Stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 4:55:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Brandon & Family,

I'm in Kuwait right now on my last deployment before retirement. My job is to transport and issue ammo to an Artillery Unit. It's tough, physical labor that my old ass can barely do anymore.

The other day, while out in the desert issuing ammo to the guns, I stopped for a second and looked at all the rounds layed out that we had moved by hand. ( they weigh 98 pounds each) I was covered in sweat, had sand in places you don't talk about in polite company, and my back was killing me. But while I was thinking about how tired and beat I was, the thought crossed my mind that you guys were going through a hardship that I can't imagine, and I thought to myself that Brandon would much rather be here doing this than facing what he is going through right now. I realized that I have absolutely nothing to bitch about.

At that exact moment, while I was thinking about you guys, our unit photographer snapped a picture of me. I heard his camera shudder and it brought me back to reality. I didn't think anything else of it until a couple days later when I saw the picture uploaded to my Units facebook page.

So, here you go. A picture of a random stranger that you've never met who was captured on film while thinking about you guys from thousands of miles away. Stay strong. And the next time we go out, I'm going to write a note on one of the illumination rounds so that you can light up the desert sky.

Take care

<a href="http://s85.photobucket.com/user/Leatherpuke/media/r3sp_zps4d651cdf.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/Leatherpuke/r3sp_zps4d651cdf.jpg</a>
View Quote

Powerful  
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:19:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Thinking and praying for you this morning.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:26:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Praying for you both.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 7:54:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Prayers sent again this morning.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:22:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Prayers with you guys this morning.  

“Keep your head up. God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers. ”
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Keep fighting the good fight Jeep... We're all pulling for you! God Bless my friend!
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:32:05 PM EDT
[#15]
My 8yo sold had to fill out a worksheet for his Royal Rangers (kind of like scouts, but @ church) last night.  One of the questions asked if he had anyone he would like to pray for specifically.  He said "Brandon from the gun board".

Brandon/Christina - you've been on our minds for weeks now & I guess even my little ones have been thinking about/praying for you all.  Tonight @ church - a pack of little guys will be saying a special prayer for your family.

-AA
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:11:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Still thinking of you and praying for you. Glad that you have these moments to cherish.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Still thinking and praying for Brandon, Christina, & baby Aria....
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 5:36:23 PM EDT
[#18]
My families thoughts and prayers continue for you Brandon, Christina, and beautiful Aria
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Page 27
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Page 25

Trigger information is toward the bottom of the page on the link above and pictures are also there.

Page 26

Page 27

Page 28.

Fun little story from my day. VP Biden had lunch down the street from where I work, and I was able to stand on the sidewalk and watch his motorcade go past.

I'm not a fan of crazy Joe, but it was cool to see the motorcade in person.

I also flipped him the bird when I saw him in his limo, then realized I actually did that and hoped Secret Service didn't take me down.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:55:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Prayers being sent.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:20:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Prayers before retiring.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:27:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Donation sent. I usually read and never log in, I remember your avatar many times over the yrs. I logged in to send thoughts and prayers to you and the family,
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:34:35 PM EDT
[#23]

Praying for you here in NJ. I wish I had seen this earlier.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:49:55 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm half awake working on the keyboard while my wife is sleeping beside me and my kids still at home are all crashed in their rooms.  Even as tired as I am right now, I know they the Hayslip's and their care team are tired too, and that what small problems I have with finances, job problems, and income worries - it all pales in comparison to the burden that the Hayslip's have on them.  May God lighten all our loads and grant us His peace.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 1:22:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Brandon & Family,

Take care

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/Leatherpuke/r3sp_zps4d651cdf.jpg

View Quote

Very touching

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Prayers Sent
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:40:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Brandon, Christina, & Aria - You are in my prayers each and every day.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Thoughts and prayers for the Hayslip family.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm half awake working on the keyboard while my wife is sleeping beside me and my kids still at home are all crashed in their rooms.  Even as tired as I am right now, I know they the Hayslip's and their care team are tired too, and that what small problems I have with finances, job problems, and income worries - it all pales in comparison to the burden that the Hayslip's have on them.  May God lighten all our loads and grant us His peace.
View Quote

Amen
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:57:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Hayslips, I check on you guys every day. I just don't know what to say. I guess I'm letting you know I'm here and care about you.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I have sat here thinking about how to phrase this  for nearly 20 minutes and still don't know how, but here goes. I recently heard from someone I know who lost his daughter at age 3 in a drowning accident. This tragedy happened years ago and I had thought I knew the story, but recently he shared about how his wife began  having a miscarriage late in the pregnancy. He immediately asked for prayers from his church and community and rushed to the hospital while both friends and strangers prayed  for his child. When he got there, he found that their daughter survived and was perfectly healthy.

They lost her 3 years later. He spoke about how, in his grief, he was tremendously grateful that God allowed them to hold her and know her, even if only for a brief time. He said that he believes it was God's will to bring her home during the pregnancy, but  He allowed them the gift of being able to see her due to the prayers of these hundreds of people.

OP, I don't know why this is happening to you and your family, nor does anyone have the ability to provide these answers,  but when I pray for you, I am  also going to thank God that you were able to see your daughter and hold her, even if turns out to be  only for a little while.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 2:42:24 PM EDT
[#33]
I too have been thinking and praying for you and your family. Wish I could say something better but it's from the heart.

I also donated and have trigger #15 coming.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 5:55:54 PM EDT
[#34]
I am not elegant with words as so many before me have been.

But your family is in my thoughts and prayers nonetheless.

May God heal Brandon.

While I sit here with my miniscule worries, I realize that while my problems may not be as severe as your own, neither are my gifts. That isn't meant to sound the way it does. Again, words escape me at the moment and I can't find the right words that adequately convey my feelings. I am grateful for all of the many blessings that I have in my life.

But I have witnessed through this thread and through the CaringBridge site what it means to love, and be loved, completely, unconditionally, and wholly. Brandon is an inspiration in strength. And you have been an inspiration in compassionate love.

May God grant you comfort, strength, and peace even though understanding may escape you in these moments.

Praying for Brandon and the entire Hayslip family.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Best Wishes!

~S
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:21:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Sorry it took me so long to get some pictures, but here's a couple. Thank you Geissele for your generosity, and going out of your way to help a beautiful young family stricken by this horrible disease.

Usually when I'm reloading or working on something on the reloading bench, my 3 year old daughter sits in the floor and plays with her brass-ones that I've rejected for whatever reason. Anyway, after I got done assembling this lower, I showed her the picture of the you guys on the hammer, and she thought it was very cool (her words). I feel guilty that I am blessed enough to have a little girl that I can make memories like this with, while some like Brandon cannot. It's just unfair, and it makes me angry and sad. I guess in the end, all us parents can do is make sure not to take the little things for granted, and to cherish every moment. Your Arfcom family is still here, and still thinking about you.

On the cover of fellow member Rizzo's book, you'll notice the exact same buttstock. At the Arizona Hometown Forum Shoot earlier this year, I grabbed it from the 'Pay it Forward' box, knowing I wanted to build a Mk12 Mod0-I wanted a fixed stock. Then, a few weeks later, I was looking at Rizzo's book on Amazon, and noticed that it was the same stock. This trigger assembly is going into a rifle I will keep for life. It's that much more special with this trigger group.

Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Continued prayers.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Prayers, peace and God's love.
Amen.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 9:14:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
My 8yo sold had to fill out a worksheet for his Royal Rangers (kind of like scouts, but @ church) last night.  One of the questions asked if he had anyone he would like to pray for specifically.  He said "Brandon from the gun board".

Brandon/Christina - you've been on our minds for weeks now & I guess even my little ones have been thinking about/praying for you all.  Tonight @ church - a pack of little guys will be saying a special prayer for your family.

-AA
View Quote

How precious! Thank you for sharing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:37:36 AM EDT
[#41]
Praying for and thinking of the Hayslip crew
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:11:46 AM EDT
[#42]
praying for you guys.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#43]
praying for you guys.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:35:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Brandon,

You and your girls are in the Geissele family's prayers.  I talked to Christina last night via IM and we are going to do a special Brandon, Christina and Aria Trigger.  I hope you will like it.

Gents,

Below are some pictures of this special trigger.  Its a Geissele Super Select Fire Trigger that has a picture of Brandon and Christina laser engraved on it.  There are 51 triggers and all are serialized.  00 and 01 are going to Brandon.  The rest Geissele will donate to those Arfcommers who will send in to Geissele a check or money order made out to Christina.  Geissele will then forward all the checks and MO onto Christina.

The donation amount is $250 (retail on the SSF is $320 so its a deal!).  Geissele will pay for shipping and include cool Geissele swag.  I ask that when you get your trigger you take a picture of it and share on FB, Instagram, Arfcom, etc with a link to the Hayslip Family's donation site.  This will help get even more donations for the Hayslip's.

Just call into the shop and ask for Kelsey.  She will be taking your name and address and reserving a serial number for you.  Right now its one trigger per person.

It makes me proud to me a member of this forum that is filled with a lot of generous, caring people who have donated through the Hayslip donation link.

BlackFox, a big high five to you!

WHG

http://i61.tinypic.com/33mrbf8.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/20z73fb.jpg
View Quote

Thanks GA - anyway I can support someone and work with a great company I will do it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Just in case anyone missed it (I did), Christina did an update on the Caring Bridge link yesterday.
Have your Kleenex and prayer bones ready.....

Continued prayers and thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 3:00:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I have sat here thinking about how to phrase this  for nearly 20 minutes and still don't know how, but here goes. I recently heard from someone I know who lost his daughter at age 3 in a drowning accident. This tragedy happened years ago and I had thought I knew the story, but recently he shared about how his wife began  having a miscarriage late in the pregnancy. He immediately asked for prayers from his church and community and rushed to the hospital while both friends and strangers prayed  for his child. When he got there, he found that their daughter survived and was perfectly healthy.

They lost her 3 years later. He spoke about how, in his grief, he was tremendously grateful that God allowed them to hold her and know her, even if only for a brief time. He said that he believes it was God's will to bring her home during the pregnancy, but  He allowed them the gift of being able to see her due to the prayers of these hundreds of people.

OP, I don't know why this is happening to you and your family, nor does anyone have the ability to provide these answers,  but when I pray for you, I am  also going to thank God that you were able to see your daughter and hold her, even if turns out to be  only for a little while.
View Quote

I believe that this is the only way to look at things, when someone has been taken at a time we feel is way too soon. The only thing we can do is be grateful for the time we had with that person.

I would also like to mention that there are exponentially more people who read this thread and are touched by it than the number who actually post. Some of us just don't have the words we feel would be worthy of posting.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 5:17:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Still praying for you guys. I find mysel thinking about it often through out the day. Stay strong
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 6:58:46 PM EDT
[#48]
It's payday let's help get the Hayslip's closer to their goal!  
Still praying like crazy for you all.

Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:44:52 PM EDT
[#49]
We are very much in prayer for all of you, Jeep
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#50]
From the caringbridge update:

"Prayers for continued comfort for Brandon, miraculous healing, and supernatural strength for all of us who need to be Brandon's strength and positive light."

Amen!

You remind me of my wife in how you are thinking and feeling about your Brandon. Especially the teeth thing lol. He is blessed to have you and we are in prayer with you for healing. Continue  to receive the promises of His word. By his stripes we are healed.

Thank you for sharing and a big Amen for brother Brandon and his wonderful family. Hang in there.
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top