Page / 34
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:03:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

She's adorable.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:27:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Hope you had a good day Brandon.

Little update from my day. For the first time in 6 weeks I did not have to walk my customers dog. She had open heart surgery 6 weeks ago, and I've been walking the dog for her. Today Ruby had an appointment to get her teeth cleaned, so with all the anaesthesia, she was not up for walking.

I was able to have a day where I didn't have to wake up to an alarm clock, although, like clockwork, my dogs got me up at 7:30 for their morning bathroom break. After that, we came in, I threw some bacon on my Foreman grill, me and the dags had a nice morning bacon snack, sat on the patio for a cigarette, then went back to bed. With no alarm clocks to wake me up, and bacon fed dogs, they let me sleep until 1:00 this afternoon.

Once awake, we went for a nice stroll in the neighborhood. I'm sure it was a great sight for the neighbors, me in my bed slippers, gym shorts, and a wife beater, but I try and keep it classy on my days off.

After that, I went to my dads house to do some laundry. We had a lot of rain here last night, and the basement at my apartment flooded, making use of washing facilities impossible, I hate my property management company.

I had a lot of laundry to do, so after the first load finished, and my stepmom got home from work, I asked if she would swap my next load to the dryer, since rain was coming, and I wanted to let my dogs out before the rain. When I got back to my house, my little dog was burrowed under the blankets on my bed, only his nose sticking out. He does that fairly often, so I'm going to carry my camera with me now so I can get a pic for you, it's hella cute.

Went back to my dads to pick up my clothes, got to see my stepsisters, and they had one of their friends with them. She's smoking hot. So all in all, it was a good day.

Didn't make it out to the range since I slept in so late, but that's in the cards next week. I'll get some pictures of that trip. It's gonna be fun seeing peoples reactions to my 7.5" AR pistol. It's loud, concussive, and unpleasant to witness. But fun as hell to shoot!!!!

Rest easy tonight.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Brandon, you and your family are in my prayers daily and I often think of you, your wife, and the kidlet.

Godspeed, brother.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Brandon,

You and your girls are in the Geissele family's prayers.  I talked to Christina last night via IM and we are going to do a special Brandon, Christina and Aria Trigger.  I hope you will like it.

Gents,

Below are some pictures of this special trigger.  Its a Geissele Super Select Fire Trigger that has a picture of Brandon and Christina laser engraved on it.  There are 51 triggers and all are serialized.  00 and 01 are going to Brandon.  The rest Geissele will donate to those Arfcommers who will send in to Geissele a check or money order made out to Christina.  Geissele will then forward all the checks and MO onto Christina.

The donation amount is $250 (retail on the SSF is $320 so its a deal!).  Geissele will pay for shipping and include cool Geissele swag.  I ask that when you get your trigger you take a picture of it and share on FB, Instagram, Arfcom, etc with a link to the Hayslip Family's donation site.  This will help get even more donations for the Hayslip's.

Just call into the shop and ask for Kelsey.  She will be taking your name and address and reserving a serial number for you.  Right now its one trigger per person.

It makes me proud to me a member of this forum that is filled with a lot of generous, caring people who have donated through the Hayslip donation link.

BlackFox, a big high five to you!

WHG

http://i61.tinypic.com/33mrbf8.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/20z73fb.jpg
View Quote

Wow, you guys have big hearts.  What an incredible donation on your part.  I am proud to own one of the FW triggers but will have to pass on this one as I'm not in the Class 3 game.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Jeep, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Brandon,

You and your girls are in the Geissele family's prayers.  I talked to Christina last night via IM and we are going to do a special Brandon, Christina and Aria Trigger.  I hope you will like it.

Gents,

Below are some pictures of this special trigger.  Its a Geissele Super Select Fire Trigger that has a picture of Brandon and Christina laser engraved on it.  There are 51 triggers and all are serialized.  00 and 01 are going to Brandon.  The rest Geissele will donate to those Arfcommers who will send in to Geissele a check or money order made out to Christina.  Geissele will then forward all the checks and MO onto Christina.

The donation amount is $250 (retail on the SSF is $320 so its a deal!).  Geissele will pay for shipping and include cool Geissele swag.  I ask that when you get your trigger you take a picture of it and share on FB, Instagram, Arfcom, etc with a link to the Hayslip Family's donation site.  This will help get even more donations for the Hayslip's.

Just call into the shop and ask for Kelsey.  She will be taking your name and address and reserving a serial number for you.  Right now its one trigger per person.

It makes me proud to me a member of this forum that is filled with a lot of generous, caring people who have donated through the Hayslip donation link.

WHG

View Quote

OUT-FREAKING-STANDING!!!

I again applaud Mr. Geissele and company. Though this is a heartbreaking situation, I continue to be impressed at the outpouring of camaraderie, generosity, love and support. Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:55:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Just saw this unfortunately.  I am local to you in west metro (Wheat Ridge) If I can be of service to you for any random minor task do not hesitate to PM me I am off work Sunday Monday Tuesday.  Donation inbound after pay day.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:57:50 PM EDT
[#8]
more prayers inbound, that's a beautiful little girl there that will always be proud to call you her daddy
I have a cheap little jewelry box with a price tag (from what I don't know) in it, a broken ceramic angel and a few little butterflies that my mom caught and saved, she died in a bad car wreck when I was 6 yo, that cheap little jewelry box is, aside from my wife, 4 girls and 1 little boy THE most valuable thing I have and will never let it out of my sight. It's on a nightstand beside the bed and everytime I walk by it I see my mother. Luckily in today's time we have videos and so many pictures that we didn't have back then and your baby will be able to hear your voice and see your face anytime she wants, I don't know if this helps just wanted to try to give a little comfort

God bless
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Brandon, Christina, and Aria:

John Piper is a great contemporary theologian. When he was diagnosed with prostate cancer, he wrote Don't Waste Your Cancer. I hope it comforts, uplifts, and encourages you to seek the Lord even in this most difficult hour.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:46:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Brandon - Jeep297

As Supreme Leader and Dictator for Life of the People's Party of .40 S&W.

I hereby make you an official member of the Party. You are granted 87 reloading slaves, have access to all Party Properties and Ranges, and as an honored member. You are hereby granted an official pardon for all past and future crimes.

You Comrade can shoot at the People's Glorious Party Range with any cartridges of your choice. Even with 9mm or .45 ACP.

Please stay strong and I am praying for you, your wife, and your beautiful daughter. My wife is praying for you too. Stay strong and don't give up please!

116. Jeep297 - Official Honorary Comrade Member of the People's Party of .40 S&W.

Granted all rights and privileges afforded to all Party Members. Granted with an Official Pardon for all crimes committed against the Party and the State; both past and future. Official Pardon allows the use of lesser cartridges on all Party and State Properties and Ranges.

Miami_JBT

Supreme Leader and Dictator for Life

.40 S&W Now & Forever!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1635847_Official_People_s_Party_of__40_SandW_Membership_list_and_Party_Duties___Over_100_Members_now_.html&page=1

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1635847_Official_People_s_Party_of__40_SandW_Membership_list_and_Party_Duties___Over_100_Members_now_.html&page=12

Laughter is great medicine and I hope this gives you and yours a chuckle.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:55:59 AM EDT
[#11]
I truly have no words for the level of kindness and generosity towards us. This trigger is beautiful, and I feel so honored by the Geissele family  for this thoughtful act. God bless you, this will never be forgotten, and I will always treasure the memories of how much this has impacted Brandon's life, and put him at ease about Aria and I's well being.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:06:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I truly have no words for the level of kindness and generosity towards us. This trigger is beautiful, and I feel so honored by the Geissele family  for this thoughtful act. God bless you, this will never be forgotten, and I will always treasure the memories of how much this has impacted Brandon's life, and put him at ease about Aria and I's well being.
View Quote

Like the shiny new membership, welcome once again..

This place can do pretty amazing things once we pool our remain brain cells and get pointed in the right direction.

It all may be a bit overwhelming, but please, do not be afraid to ask for things you know you will be needing..  We will find a way to get things taken care of.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:23:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This place can do pretty amazing things once we pool our remain brain cells and get pointed in the right direction.

It all may be a bit overwhelming, but please, do not be afraid to ask for things you know you will be needing..  We will find a way to get things taken care of.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:43:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:50:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey Brandon, made another donation today (All I could afford).

God bless man and please sleep easy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:59:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

+3, most definitely
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll call Monday to reserve my trigger.  Continued prayers for Brandon and family...
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:47:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Brandon,

Gents,

WHG

View Quote

Bill your generosity is amazing. Thank you for doing this for this family. All of my rifles have Geissele triggers and rails not only because they are the best in the business but because you and your company have proven to be truly amazing people!

Cheers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hey Dave - your post has been on my mind ever since you told us about your journey.  I don't want to take away from Brandon, but I suspect he wouldn't object to an occasional update from you.  Our thoughts are with you too, and I hope your path improves in the coming weeks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When i saw this thread it gripped my heart . I too am battling cancer . I Know in a small way what your going through . I just finished my radiation and chemo treatment 2 wks ago and now I'm waiting to heal enough to run test to see if they got it all . On top of that they found
3 nodules in my lungs they're monitoring for the time being .
You will be in my thoughts and prayers . It's a strange connection you have with other cancer victims , one you wouldn't know unless you've been there .
My x wive , when she found out i had cancer (she went through it also) said something to me that i held onto now I'll pass it to you .
YOU NEVER KNOW HOW STRONG YOU ARE UNTIL BEING STRONG IS THE ONLY CHOICE YOU HAVE
Live long brother .
Dave N

Hey Dave - your post has been on my mind ever since you told us about your journey.  I don't want to take away from Brandon, but I suspect he wouldn't object to an occasional update from you.  Our thoughts are with you too, and I hope your path improves in the coming weeks.

Black fox , thank you for your response . At first I wasn't going to respond but I think that would be rude of me . In a way I wish I said something different because I didn't want to takeaway from what this is all about .
You people will may never know how much this means to Brandon . All the well wishing and prayers are a source of positive energy . When your faced with these surcomstances you tend to feed off the positive energy . It makes a difference !
Christina , your a unsung hero . What you face on a daily basis is daunting . You need to be strong for Brandon and Aria when there's moments you just want to fall apart , I'm sure .
My heart weighs heavy for you folks and my prayers are lifted high .
Black Fox once again thank you for your thoughts.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:30:12 AM EDT
[#20]
In, and prayers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Brandon, I hope your worries about financials are somewhat at ease. We got this. Fill what time you have with love and joy, and put trust in your brothers and sisters of ARFCOM.. Let everyone know all they need to do is ask.. We will make sure what needs to be done is done.

To ARFCOM, I'm damn proud of you.. Good work.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Brandon, I hope your worries about financials are somewhat at ease. We got this. Fill what time you have with love and joy, and put trust in your brothers and sisters of ARFCOM.. Let everyone know all they need to do is ask.. We will make sure what needs to be done is done.

To ARFCOM, I'm damn proud of you.. Good work.
View Quote

Well said!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:07:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Everyone in this thread
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#24]
While the challenges that Brandon and his family face burdens the heart, the blessings of caring shown here lifts away that burden. The joy that remains seems to be in such direct conflict to this situation. Though, if one chooses to focus on that which is good; there is much joy to be found.

Prayers outbound.

Sly
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:13:19 PM EDT
[#26]
if we can have a 500 page thread about the Ferguson situation, there is no reason why this thread shouldn't make it to 50 pages with donations included.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 2:20:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Donation and prayers your way.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hi, I am Brandon's wife, Christina.

I am so incredibly humbled beyond words at the outpouring of support from the ARFCOM family. The kindness and generosity from you all is unbelievable. I am so scared of what is ahead, but your actions have allowed me to release at least the financial fears for my daughter and I.

I really hope you all know how much of  a part of Brandon's life you have been. In healthy days before cancer, but especially in all the struggles. Your lighthearted posts with the photoshopped pictures, the hysterical first posts, how ARFCOM always has the news before the news, polls....so many things have been daily conversation for us, and laughter in our day.  But not only that, Brandon has shared with me amazing stories of deep discussions on marriage, family, and struggles of all kinds. I know that he has taken much advise from threads on here and applied it to our lives.  

I hope to continue his presence on here how ever I can. I have a lot to learn about forums, but I'll get there.

Thank you does not even begin to scratch the surface of my gratitude to you all.

Link to our caringbridge site for updates: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/brandonhayslip/journal
View Quote

Nice to meet you Christina! Prayers....
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:02:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Goal has been hit, lets double it.  
View Quote

In...so in
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Here with you Brandon and Christina....I lost my older brother to cancer 11 years ago.  Fcancer!  Donation has been sent...
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Jeep, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
View Quote

Ditto..........
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#32]
OP, I regret that I cannot contribute financially at this time.   My thoughts and prayers are with you.  

Your daughter is beautiful (I have a 6 mo old baby girl).
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Brandon,

Gents,

WHG

View Quote

Such an outstanding company.  No words to describe what you are dong for Brandon and his family.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Prayers out.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Thoughts are with you guys.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:08:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Brandon, I didn't have the money to give so I donated some things to the raffle. Prayers for you brother.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:53:37 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Hey Brandon, made another donation today (All I could afford).

God bless man and please sleep easy.
View Quote
+1 http://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/srh5/brandon-s-journey-with-the-big-c-?utm_source=giveforward&utm_medium=share&utm_campaign=dashboard&shareid=2565902

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:04:06 PM EDT
[#38]

Gave what I could for now.

I've lost loved ones to cancer before. I really have no words.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:11:41 PM EDT
[#39]
I am truly amazed at the outpouring of generosity that is Arfcom. Right now Brandon (Jeep297) is receiving such amazing support. This site never ceases to amaze me. We have such a variety of folks here. We argue, fight, bicker, and sometimes down right get nasty. But all of that is put aside when one of our own is in need.

We put aside the cop bashing, politics, regional differences, religious differences, and even the Beans VS No Beans in Chili.

I just want to say THANK YOU.

From the bottom of my heart.... This is what the American Spirit is about. I get misty when I think about what this forum can do when someone is in need. The collective goodness that is here. Over the yearsI have seen folks here help those we never met in person in the most tremendous ways possible.

From natural disasters, to health issues, to personal support. You guys are awesome.

I am proud to call this place and the truly wonderful folks that make it special.... family. Many here are officially my brothers and sisters now.

Now let's keep helping Brandon!
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#40]
I just made another (small, unfortunately) donation.  I'd really like to see us hit $50,000.  Can we do it?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#41]
I just hit the donation... wish I could do more.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Donated.

I know its not much but I hope it helps. You are in our prayers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:21:39 PM EDT
[#43]

She is so adorable.
I can't imagine the strength and bond your family has to go thougth this. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Remember the amount of people that care about you here and enjoy every minute you have with the precious little girl.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:37:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Between this the raffle and when the triggers sell(which they will) were over $50,000.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 2:10:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am truly amazed at the outpouring of generosity that is Arfcom. Right now Brandon (Jeep297) is receiving such amazing support. This site never ceases to amaze me. We have such a variety of folks here. We argue, fight, bicker, and sometimes down right get nasty. But all of that is put aside when one of our own is in need.

We put aside the cop bashing, politics, regional differences, religious differences, and even the Beans VS No Beans in Chili.

I just want to say THANK YOU.

From the bottom of my heart.... This is what the American Spirit is about. I get misty when I think about what this forum can do when someone is in need. The collective goodness that is here. Over the yearsI have seen folks here help those we never met in person in the most tremendous ways possible.

From natural disasters, to health issues, to personal support. You guys are awesome.

I am proud to call this place and the truly wonderful folks that make it special.... family. Many here are officially my brothers and sisters now.

Now let's keep helping Brandon!
View Quote

^^ Truth, we all argue and give the symbol to each other frequently...but when one of our own is down, better believe we will be there to help.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:04:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Thinking of your beautiful family tonight.

It is so easy to get lost in the trivial aspects of ones own life.

Stories like yours really put things into perspective.

I want to thank you for reminding me that life is precious and we must cherish every day.

I have shared your story with others in hopes that it can do the same for them.

Take care and Godspeed.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 3:32:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Just noticed this thread and said a prayer for you and your family. Stay strong man
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:31:57 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
There are a lot of $87.00 donations, including mine. An Arf tradition, did I miss something?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just got on to donate a minute ago.  I'm so sorry my brother.

On a lighter note, which one of you wankers donated $87?

There are a lot of $87.00 donations, including mine. An Arf tradition, did I miss something?

Yeah I'm not sure what the big deal is.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Read and learn, Newb, read and learn.

Click Here Newb

Oh, and welcome to the site
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top