Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:32:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I watched like 3 minutes of it and I nearly died when my shit puked.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That was about as satisfying as the end of The Shield.

Boardwalk will be ending this year too.

What will HBO do next?
View Quote

They are still working on Cocaine Cowboys with Mark Wahlberg so its going to be either a miniseries like Generation Kill or a complete 5 season or longer series (I hope)

I don't really know how I feel about True Bloods ending. I was just looking at the clock during the wedding scene thinking that they were going to shaft Eric and Pam out of the conclusion.

Eric and Pam/Sarah's fate was the best part of the episode for me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:40:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

HA HA, that was an interesting choice. How did Sookie become pregnant? I missed who the daddy was.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best part of the ending was Led Zeppelin's "Thank You".....

HA HA, that was an interesting choice. How did Sookie become pregnant? I missed who the daddy was.

She had sex.

It was presumably some guy she met during the 3 year (or however long) flash-forward and whom we've never seen.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Worst ending EVER.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 9:54:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Fuck everyone on that show.  Especially HBO
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:02:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View Quote

How can you be pissed off after how shitty the show has been for the past 3 years?

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How can you be pissed off after how shitty the show has been for the past 3 years?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it's been shitty for a while, but this season took it to a whole new level.

In hindsight I wish I would have quit after S3.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I wasn't a big fan of the show, although I'd snack on some Sookie Snackbar (well Anna Pacquin - because Sookie has been fucked by dead things and werewolves - I doubt I could compete with that), and the redhead vampire, and the chick they used to make new blood, and Stackhouses new girlfriend....Dat ass in the boxer shorts....daaaammmn!  I always liked Eric's groupie chick - the smartass one - she's funny.

But what a pitifully written final ending to the show.  A gay fucking wedding?  Really?  Those people just wanted to be done and move on.

Also who eats a Thanksgiving dinner outside in the swamps of Louisiana?

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Not impressed.

The best part was Bill turning to blood slime.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

We stuck with the show to the end.

So many character lines that I really did not give a shit about.

Too many good story lines just 'dropped' by season 3.

TRG
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Eric`s character finished like a boss! I loved it when he killed the Yakusa going to kill Sookie, and then drove off in their car getting down to the music.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:18:16 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been watching True Blood on Amazon Prime.  The first season was really good.  About 3/4 of the way through the 2nd season I got kind of bored with the shaky mind control bitch and thought the last 3-4 episodes just dragged on.  Is it worth continuing on to season 3 or should I just cut my losses now?

BTW I think Sookie is annoying and ugly.  That gap in her teeth drives me nuts.  

Jessica is hot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:27:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Well....it's over. That's the best thing I can say about it. I got sucked in way back when it was at least fun.

I want my money back.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:11:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Eric`s character finished like a boss! I loved it when he killed the Yakusa going to kill Sookie, and then drove off in their car getting down to the music.
View Quote

Pretty much the only part of the episode I liked.

I think before this season Eric had been the only interesting character on the show for a long time.  

This season the shitty writers even managed to make his character suck.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been watching True Blood on Amazon Prime.  The first season was really good.  About 3/4 of the way through the 2nd season I got kind of bored with the shaky mind control bitch and thought the last 3-4 episodes just dragged on.  Is it worth continuing on to season 3 or should I just cut my losses now?

BTW I think Sookie is annoying and ugly.  That gap in her teeth drives me nuts.  

Jessica is hot.
View Quote

As I said in the above post "in hindsight I wish I would have quit after S3."

However, seasons 4 and 5 are still watchable even though the quality really took a nosedive after S3.

Just make sure to quit after season 5.  Just read the episode summaries online if you want to see what happens after that.

Right there with you on your Sookie and Jessica opinions.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:18:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/eric-driving-away.gif?w=650&h=309

I think before this season Eric had been the only interesting character on the show for a long time.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/eric-driving-away.gif?w=650&h=309

the evo really got some nice screen time.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:51:23 PM EDT
[#17]
The hottest female in the whole series was Lucy Griffiths that played the vampire cousin of Eric. Her screen name was Nora Gainsborough. Damn she's fine.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:55:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The hottest female in the whole series was Lucy Griffiths that played the vampire cousin of Eric. Her screen name was Nora Gainsborough. Damn she's fine.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/45/f7/49/45f749b2f9c86c08361af955c5375a3d.jpg
View Quote

His sister actually.

Not sure how anyone could miss that considering she constantly called him "brother" (even while fucking him).

And yeah, she's pretty hot.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#19]
That's right, I just remember she was related. Must have lost my mind while watching her.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 2:03:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
That's right, I just remember she was related. Must have lost my mind while watching her.
View Quote

One of the many incest/pseudo-incest relationships in 'True Blood.'
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

They are still working on Cocaine Cowboys with Mark Wahlberg so its going to be either a miniseries like Generation Kill or a complete 5 season or longer series (I hope)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What will HBO do next?

I don't really know how I feel about True Bloods ending. I was just looking at the clock during the wedding scene thinking that they were going to shaft Eric and Pam out of the conclusion.

I actually felt bad for Sarah.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:27:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What will HBO do next?

Shit, I felt bad for the fans this whole season.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The only Anya I know of on tv is this one:

http://buffysavedmylife.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/anya-quote.gif?w=652
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know, but I hope it does't have as many cop-outs.

As far as Game of Thrones: Except for Anya I haven't a single reason to watch it.

The only Anya I know of on tv is this one:

http://buffysavedmylife.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/anya-quote.gif?w=652

My mistake: ARYA:

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Worst ending EVER.
View Quote

Dexter was still worse.  Recall my analogy about jumping out of window of a 100 story window.  Dexter was 80+ stories up, True Blood 2nd or 3rd floor At Best.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Dexter was still worse.  Recall my analogy about jumping out of window of a 100 story window.  Dexter was 80+ stories up, True Blood 2nd or 3rd floor At Best.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Worst ending EVER.

Outside of rabid 'True Blood' fans, you seem to be pretty much the only one that thinks that.

Though with the way you keep defending this train wreck of a season I'm starting to think you might fall into that category.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:12:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The best part of the ending was Led Zeppelin's "Thank You".....
View Quote

View Quote

LOL - I turned it off before I heard the closing music.
Apparently the daddy was an unknown human guy that she met afterwards - trying to show that she moved on with her life after being a fang-banger.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 4:44:59 AM EDT
[#27]
So to sum it up, He was blind the whole time.

And he had Hep--v and never knew it....huh...
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 6:47:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Outside of rabid 'True Blood' fans, you seem to be pretty much the only one that thinks that.

Though with the way you keep defending this train wreck of a season I'm starting to think you might fall into that category.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Worst ending EVER.

In my humble opinion True Blood was put out of its misery.
I believe when that Vampire that was encased in concrete, came back a following season is when it Jumped the Shark.  I can't remember his name, but as far as I'm concerned that's when it started going down.

Dexter, on the other hand, pretty much stayed good.  I still believe they made a mistake when they killed off Rita, but the show didn't fall apart.  Right up until he steered his boat into the coming storm we were expecting something To Happen.  When we discovered he became a Lumberjack everything just crashed and crashed HARD.

So I still say that Dexter had a worse ending than True Blood.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 10:55:43 PM EDT
[#29]
The show started to jump the shark in season 2 with Michelle Forbes' character.
They were able to recover that time, but then it just went down hill.
Werewolves were OK;

Were-panthers, shape shifters, fairy-land, ghosts (godrick, the grandmother, etc), witches, smoke-monsters, Lilith, vampire gods, etc - all absolutely ridiculous.
Add to that all the annoying characters that should have been killed off in season 1 (Tara, her mother, & Lafayette) plus all the gay stuff that they kept forcing in that just changed the show into something that was no longer watchable.
If the writers didn't have an agenda that they wanted to shove down everybody's throat they could have actually been creative & made the series into something good.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:06:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

His sister actually.

Not sure how anyone could miss that considering she constantly called him "brother" (even while fucking him).

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/45/f7/49/45f749b2f9c86c08361af955c5375a3d.jpg

His sister actually.

She wasn't actually his biological sister, but she was his vampire "sister", both she and Eric having  been turned by the same vampire.

Anyway; Eric and Pam definitely ended the series like Bosses.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I believe when that Vampire that was encased in concrete, came back a following season is when it Jumped the Shark.  I can't remember his name, but as far as I'm concerned that's when it started going down.

Dexter, on the other hand, pretty much stayed good.  I still believe they made a mistake when they killed off Rita, but the show didn't fall apart.  Right up until he steered his boat into the coming storm we were expecting something To Happen.  When we discovered he became a Lumberjack everything just crashed and crashed HARD.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Worst ending EVER.

Earlier in this thread you said the last season of 'Dexter' was worse than that last season of 'True Blood.'  Seems like with your last post you're saying you no longer believe that to be the case.

Either way, I agree that 'Dexter' had farther to fall and the expectations were higher, but the final season of 'Dexter' still looked like the final season of 'Breaking Bad' compared to the final season of 'True Blood'.

And I'm definitely going to have to disagree with you about Russell Eddington. With the exception of Eric he was the last interesting character on the show and one of the few good things about S5.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

She wasn't actually his biological sister, but she was his vampire "sister", both she and Eric having  been turned by the same vampire.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His sister actually.

Which would be why I highlighted, bolded, and enlarged "vampire cousin" in the post I replied to instead of just "cousin."
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:28:49 PM EDT
[#33]
[b]Quoted:

View Quote

Dexter is best viewed as ending at the end of season 4.  That is a complete full circle story arc.  Dexter's obsession with killing comes back to haunt him and his son presumably because Dexter v2.0 in 20 years.  

After season 4 they changed show runners.
Season 5 wasn't terrible but had no lasting consequences.

There is no way to objectively say the later seasons were as good as the first 4.
Seasons 6-8 progressively got worse.  There was no longer any sense that dexter might be caught, he started murdering people or abducting them in broad daylight.  How many people know he's a serial killer now?  Harrison was an irritating plot device.  Jaimie served only to make us think Dexter wasn't leaving Harrison home alone.  The writing was lazier and lazier.  The ending wasn't bad because the rest of the show was so good.  It was bad because everything about the show was bad at that point and Dexters decision making was completely out of character.

The problem with True Blood is introducing too much other supernatural bullshit and trying to cater to too many interests.  Seasons 1-3 were good.  After that it started feeling like Buffy the Vampire Slayer adult content edition.  The only good thing about the last season is finally seeing some bad ass vampire fights.  Pam and Eric vs the Yakuza could have been a Vampire The Masquerade story.   Sookie is the worst main protagonist ever because she consistently makes bad decisions, almost never learns from them, and blames everyone else.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:30:58 PM EDT
[#34]
I thought the finale sucked.

After Pam and Eric killed Mr. Gus and the yakuza, the whole show turned into a Brady Bunch wedding.

I am going to be pissed if Justified ends as badly as True Blood.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 3:57:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I thought the finale sucked.

After Pam and Eric killed Mr. Gus and the yakuza, the whole show turned into a Brady Bunch wedding.

I am going to be pissed if Justified ends as badly as True Blood.

View Quote

It seems that the writers have been punking us at the end of every series - Galactica, Sopranos...
If they do this to the Walking Dead we riot.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:15:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Out of the last 3 season these last 2 shows were the best...
Was Bill turning human? When Jessica hugs him she says "You are warm" and then Sookie could hear his thoughts, but then when Sookie kills him he bursts into the normal vamp goo. What gives?
I think they wrapped it up nicely. Everyone got a happy ending except Sara Newlin who didnt really deserve one.

What upsets me is out of the 4-6 shows I actually like these days all are gettign wrapped up.

True Blood - finished
Boardwalk Empire - this is the last season
Justified - last season
Longmire - the dumbasses at A&E fucking cancelled it!!! WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK?!

All I have left is House of Cards and Orange is the New Black.

What the hell am I gonna do now??

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:35:45 PM EDT
[#37]
It was like the baby boom after WW 2, Jason had four kids in three years, Sookie was pregnant, I think Lafayette was too...

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:37:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Was Bill turning human? When Jessica hugs him she says "You are warm" and then Sookie could hear his thoughts, but then when Sookie kills him he bursts into the normal vamp goo. What gives?
I think they wrapped it up nicely. Everyone got a happy ending except Sara Newlin who didnt really deserve one.

What upsets me is out of the 4-6 shows I actually like these days all are gettign wrapped up.

True Blood - finished
Justified - last season

View Quote

Start watching the best show on tv would be a good start.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:48:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Not impressed.

View Quote

did you notice that chic looked orgasmic on top on his body, then facialized with blood...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:20:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhv6bpiGkH1qe757yo1_500.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True Blood - finished
Justified - last season

Yeah, like they won't fuck that one up too...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True Blood - finished
Justified - last season

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:33:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True Blood - finished
Justified - last season

if one is to watch the best show on television why did you post a picture of that shitty show?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

if one is to watch the best show on television why did you post a picture of that shitty show?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True Blood - finished
Justified - last season

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  You could say Kate Beckinsale is the ugliest woman who ever lived and you wouldn't technically be wrong.  However, it's safe to say you'd be in the extremely small minority.

Thus so with 'Game of Thrones.'  The only show in the history of tv with a higher imdb rating is 'Breaking Bad' and that's only by 1/10 of a point.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True Blood - finished
Justified - last season

I have watched a few episodes of GoT, but I wasnt in to it that much.Luckily I have Netflix.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

True Blood - finished
Justified - last season

View Quote

Do you watch the Walking Dead?

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

The pilot was great.  The next few episodes were very good. After that it became the type of show that was just barely good enough to continue watching, but not good enough to consistently enjoy.

The last two seasons of the TWD feels like they wrote 8 decent episodes and then stuffed those 8 episodes with enough boring filler to stretch them out to 16 episodes.

And now Click To View Spoiler so I think it's safe to say they aren't exactly moving in a direction that's likely to make the show better.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:48:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

did you notice that chic looked orgasmic on top on his body, then facialized with blood...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not impressed.

I don't know how she managed that--I find him hard to get excited about.  Maybe it was the idea of killing him that had her excited.
Hell, in the books she ends up with Sam, and even that's an upgrade from Bill.

Bill is like whiny Sansa Stark--you just want them both to STFU.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:49:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Anyone wanna place bets on who gets a spin off series?  You know it's gonna happen
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:16:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Anyone wanna place bets on who gets a spin off series?  You know it's gonna happen
View Quote

I doubt it, but if they did a spin off the ONLY character it could possibly work for would be Eric.

A prequel about Eric could actually be decent if the writing didn't suck.  However, given how dreadful the final season was I'd put those chances about as high as Obama championing a repeal of FOPA.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:48:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True Blood - finished
Justified - last season

To much drama, not enough action.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top