Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/2/2014 2:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He is in Eden, North Carolina
View Quote

I ll ask around, Eden is less than 15 mins from me.   Wish I could take him but cant.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 2:57:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey any updates on Hugo?
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
He has a new home, now I need some help getting him here.
I thought about starting a new thread but figured I'd post here. Shannon has decided to let Hugo/Duncan come to Texas for his new home, I'm super excited! BUT, I have a problem; the airlines will not fly any bully breed so now we're trying to figure out how to get him to his new home. Anyone happen to be traveling from somewhere near NC to TX soon??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope that poor dog finds a good home soon.

He has a new home, now I need some help getting him here.
I thought about starting a new thread but figured I'd post here. Shannon has decided to let Hugo/Duncan come to Texas for his new home, I'm super excited! BUT, I have a problem; the airlines will not fly any bully breed so now we're trying to figure out how to get him to his new home. Anyone happen to be traveling from somewhere near NC to TX soon??
I'll be heading down to Oklahoma on August 2nd. I can drop down to Tennessee and across to Oklahoma. I will be visiting some family in McCurtain County in Southeastern OK. If someone could meet me in Tennessee with him

Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:06:24 AM EDT
[#4]
bumpski
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Update: Shannon is in the process of arranging a dog transport.  The details are being worked out.  I will keep everyone posted
Link Posted: 7/6/2014 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#6]
You're a great Canadian, Fluffy.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#7]

Update:  Hugo is off to Texas this weekend....
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:20:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:21:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why not just put the poor thing out of his misery
View Quote

The dog isn't dying from a fucking disease.  It's just a very beta male creature that needs a home that doesn't have other dogs, apparently.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to Fluffy and Shannon Hugo/Duncan will be headed here to his new home this weekend, I'm pretty excited about it too! Can't wait...
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks to Fluffy and Shannon Hugo/Duncan will be headed here to his new home this weekend, I'm pretty excited about it too! Can't wait...

Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Awesome!!   Good luck to ya!!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:37:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Awesome! I can't wait to see the pics of the little guy at his new home!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:45:04 AM EDT
[#14]
great job Fluffy and crew as always!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
bumpski
View Quote

Thank you for your offer to help, much appreciated sir.
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 1:59:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please give us lots of updates and pictures
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:20:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Great news!
Link Posted: 7/8/2014 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Updates with pics when he gets to his new home
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#19]
waiting
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Updates?
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:53:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Complications set in and this rescue did not happen.  We had trouble in arranging transport and Hugo still needs a home.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:26:28 PM EDT
[#22]
If we can get him anywhere close to Mississippi,  I still have room.  I know transportation is a pain.   I may have missed it but is he still in NC and if so, what part?  I could put out feelers on FB to help with transportation also.    
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:55:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If we can get him anywhere close to Mississippi,  I still have room.  I know transportation is a pain.   I may have missed it but is he still in NC and if so, what part?  I could put out feelers on FB to help with transportation also.    
View Quote

Eden
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:57:32 PM EDT
[#24]
If I lived in Canada, I would jump on that. I hope you find a good home soon.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Eden
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eden

Ok, thanks,  I'm going to work on this  and see what I can come up with.  I'm off line when I leave work so it'll be tomorrow before I can check back in.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm on the wrong side of the country, but it looks like an I-85 run, more or less.

Greensboro to Anderson to Atlanta to Birmingham to Someplace In Mississippi?

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#27]
PM sent. I'll take him! I could use some help with transport if someone could maybe meet me somewhere along the way. Eden is about 6hrs from me and thats a long day. I work from home, have two very friendly female Boxers (one being a rescue) and a large fenced in back yard. My girls get walks and car rides everyday and I'm in good with my vet. Hugo will be in good hands, I can't stand the see the guy without a home and living a rough life. Hugo, time to come home, forever.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:31:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
PM sent. I'll take him! I could use some help with transport if someone could maybe meet me somewhere along the way. Eden is about 6hrs from me and thats a long day. I work from home, have two very friendly female Boxers (one being a rescue) and a large fenced in back yard. My girls get walks and car rides everyday and I'm in good with my vet. Hugo will be in good hands, I can't stand the see the guy without a home and living a rough life. Hugo, time to come home, forever.
View Quote

Depending on where you are in GA, I could help with transport maybe.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:35:41 PM EDT
[#29]
To all the southern folks:

I'm am still currently on deployment, however, I have a return date almost exactly mid August, which is 3 weeks away.

If any driving needs to happen (even up to the NC area), I love driving, and would love to meet Hugo, and assist in the the transport chain on the way to a new owner. I'm requesting some leave, just give me some dates after the middle of August, and I'm your huckleberry.

(If Hugo still needs a home, count me in on that list too).

PM me for details.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:40:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I live in North Georgia off of I85. I was kinda hoping someone in the Eden area could meet me around the Charlotte area. Charlotte is about 4hrs from me. It's hard to lose a whole day of work, I've been crazy busy but if no one can help, that won't stop me. I want to get him this weekend.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:42:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I live in North Georgia off of I85. I was kinda hoping someone in the Eden area could meet me around the Charlotte area. Charlotte is about 4hrs from me. It's hard to lose a whole day of work, I've been crazy busy but if no one can help, that won't stop me. I want to get him this weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Text message sent to you
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Text message sent to you
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Text message sent to you

Got it, callling Shannon in a few.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:44:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're much, much closer to him than I am.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

:) kinda figured. Just a little wishful thinking but I've already decided to leave early Saturday morning and make the trip. I'm waiting on Shannon to call me back now.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for stepping up Hulley!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like I'm gonna get Hugo Saturday morning, been chatting with Shannon on setting up a time and place! Going to go and get some extra bowls/toys/etc tomorrow and make a vet appointment for Monday to make sure Hugo is good and get whatever meds (heart guard, flea, etc) he needs. I'm excited! Dogs are awesome!
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Please update us with pics, etc when you get him.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 3:36:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Looks like I'm gonna get Hugo Saturday morning, been chatting with Shannon on setting up a time and place! Going to go and get some extra bowls/toys/etc tomorrow and make a vet appointment for Monday to make sure Hugo is good and get whatever meds (heart guard, flea, etc) he needs. I'm excited! Dogs are awesome!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome man!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 4:46:01 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's awesome man!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's awesome man!!

That is fantastic, keep up updated please.  And thanks.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 6:53:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Something I want people to be aware of. If I get there and Hugo is not what I thought he is in terms of personality, temperment, etc, I will pass. I have two Boxers now with one of them being a rescue and they are very friendly, submissive and would'nt hurt a fly, they are my #1 priority. If I get the feeling that Hugo would harm them then all bets are off. I'm waiting to hear back from the woman who has been keeping Hugo to learn some more. I really have no doubt that Hugo is a sweet dog that just needs a family, if I did, I wouldn't make the 5hr drive to get him, I won't know for sure until I actually meet him. I'm sure you guys understand.

The reason I'm saying this is, my wife and I have gone to rescue dogs twice this year with the dogs being NOTHING like what we were told. The last dog was supposedly a 45lb black lab/terrior mix, when we got there he was an 80lb full on pitt bull that had no attention span and like to naw on my hands, that little monster would destroy my girls in an instant. If I had no dogs that would be different, I could work with him but I have 2 that I have to worry about.

Hugo is the kind of dog that we want to rescue and give a good, loving home to. A dog thats just been beat down by life and deserves a break. I'm really praying this works out, I hate to see dogs that were used and abused. Something that loves you unconditionally deserves that back. I'll report back as I hear stuff or when Hugo is in my truck.

Wish me and Hugo good luck!
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 7:59:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Good luck!

Hulley, that is perfectly understandable. You family (dogs included) come first. I had the same attitude when I rescued an Arfcom dog earlier this year. I hope it works out for you like it did for me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Good luck!

Hulley, that is perfectly understandable. You family (dogs included) come first. I had the same attitude when I rescued an Arfcom dog earlier this year. I hope it works out for you like it did for me.
View Quote

Thanks, I'm praying for the best!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:14:43 AM EDT
[#43]

Hugo is on the way home!

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:18:22 AM EDT
[#44]

Damn, I hope hugo gets a good life. That poor dog deserves it.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hugo is on the way home!
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#46]

I am on the phone with Hulley now.  He tells me that he will rename the dog Dunkin.  ( Shannon's late daughter used to call him "Dunkin" after Dunkin Donuts.)

Hulley is delighted with the dog.  Dunkin is very, very affectionate and he is resting with his head on Hulley's shoulder.  They have only been on the road together for an hour or so; however, Dunkin already runs back to the truck.

Hulley will post more about this in the Georgia home town forum.  He tells me that he loves the dog already
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Awesome. Good to see there are some decent people left in the world. I hope the dog has a good loving life in his new home. He deserves it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 8:41:11 AM EDT
[#48]
To Fluffy and Hulley and anyone else who helped:
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Thanks guy! Dunkin is a very  loving dog and so deserves a good life. I just got home a few minutes ago and my wife is spending some time with him until we introduce our two female boxers. Dunkin would stand on my center console and rest his head on my shoulder while I drive and every once in a while lick my face. After him checking out the house you can see the smile on his face and a happy wag going on! I hope he's happy here, I'm gonna do all I can. I'll start a thread in a little while with some more pics in the Georgia HTF. Thanks again to Fluffy and Shannon!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Hugo is on the way home!

<a href="http://s641.photobucket.com/user/Fluffy9lives/media/ee513fc9-fc9d-400a-ad07-8affb0641852_zps27f1898a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/ee513fc9-fc9d-400a-ad07-8affb0641852_zps27f1898a.jpg</a>
View Quote

That is one handsome boy right there.

Cheers to all involved.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top