Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let me clarify: we would love to give Hugo a home, and we're ready to start making the arrangements now.

This is our old dog that we rescued from the pound about twenty years ago. Best dog ever, and probably the same history as Hugo.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh247/amy-n-skeeter/dapple.jpg

My wife was reading this thread over my shoulder and now every five minutes she's nagging me "Has he said anything yet? Has he said anything yet? Has he said anything yet?"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have a large yard. No other dogs. We had a large bulldog mix years ago and would love to get another. If you have no other takers, let me know what we need to do to make the arrangements.

Let me clarify: we would love to give Hugo a home, and we're ready to start making the arrangements now.

This is our old dog that we rescued from the pound about twenty years ago. Best dog ever, and probably the same history as Hugo.

My wife was reading this thread over my shoulder and now every five minutes she's nagging me "Has he said anything yet? Has he said anything yet? Has he said anything yet?"

Well there we go, a happy ending in the making!
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:16:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We have a large yard. No other dogs. We had a large bulldog mix years ago and would love to get another. If you have no other takers, let me know what we need to do to make the arrangements.

Good on you. Looks like he will have a loving home.

I motion that we nominate FluffyTheCat as Arfcom's Patron Saint of Canines.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Fluffy, you're a good man.  I don't think I can help in any way, but I wish Hugo the best of luck.

Quoted:
Why not just put the poor thing out of his misery
View Quote

Bless your heart.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump to connect skeeter and fluffy!
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect he may be a reincarnation of Saint Francis of Assisi.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Seems like a happy ending in the making.

As for the thread-shitters, y'all seriously need your own heads examined. If you are so wrapped up in your hatred of a breed or type of dog that you can't shut up and let people do something good, y'all are some psychologically fucked individuals.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#7]
He'll make someone a great dog. Fuck the haters
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Seriously, go fuck yourselves. A dog that has had a troubled past can overcome and be a great pet, just as a good dog can be trained to fight or for bait, like Hugo here. With an owner that will give him the love and security that he wants and needs and he will be a best friend. He looks happy and just wants a loving hand to be his friend too, and play and pet him. Fluffy is a saint to rescued dogs and those who need rescuing, and he is well respected around these parts ft or all he does for them. Before telling someone to kill a dog for his past, why not see the dog and let that make the decision for you. Or, like said earlier, to fuck yourselves and leave this thread be.

Fluffy, tip o the cap again good sir for helping those who need it. You have a beer here if you get here, on me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would like to put you out of your misery; however, that would be illegal.  

Dog is obviously damaged psychologically and probably not a very good pet. Getting eaten up by other dogs is not natural and probably has to do with its submissive behaviour. Letting it continue, as it probaly will, seems kind of cruel.

Yep.

Seriously, go fuck yourselves. A dog that has had a troubled past can overcome and be a great pet, just as a good dog can be trained to fight or for bait, like Hugo here. With an owner that will give him the love and security that he wants and needs and he will be a best friend. He looks happy and just wants a loving hand to be his friend too, and play and pet him. Fluffy is a saint to rescued dogs and those who need rescuing, and he is well respected around these parts ft or all he does for them. Before telling someone to kill a dog for his past, why not see the dog and let that make the decision for you. Or, like said earlier, to fuck yourselves and leave this thread be.

Fluffy, tip o the cap again good sir for helping those who need it. You have a beer here if you get here, on me.

Go fuck myself? Aren't you sweet.

Why don't you go save some fucking whales or something.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:39:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Excellent!  Beautiful boy, by the way.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Would Those of you who came here with the sole purpose to defecate  in a dog rescue thread kindly just go away. There is no reason to make the comments you are making, other than to be a troll. There are plenty of other threads in GD where your flinging of fecal matter would actually be appropriate.

This thread is not it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#11]
You're a good man Fluffy!

Maizie, Tracie and I thank you for your enormous heart.

Good luck finding him a home.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Fluffy FTW once again.

Fk all the nay sayers. Probably never owned a dog in their life. He will be a great pet to somebody.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 1:06:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Fluffy,

I would love to take him, but funds right now don't allow for another dog (grad school, etc.)

I can, however, help with transportation in the western NC  if this dog needs to take a road trip.

IM me and let me know
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Been mauled 3 times since his rescue, sounds like shitty "fosters".
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 1:26:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, because dogs don't have behaviour problems.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Last year I helped rescue an American bulldog.  I named him Hugo.

Hugo was found wandering around an apartment building.  A friend of mine runs a dog rescue in North Carolina and she took Hugo into her care.

A subsequent examination by a vet revealed that Hugo had been used as a bait dog by dog fighters.  He had some nasty injuries; however, he recovered.

There were two attempts made to adopt Hugo; however, both attempts failed. Both adopters had other dogs and in both cases the other dogs attacked Hugo.  

Hugo is totally passive and submissive.  He has no fight in him.  He will not fight back or retaliate.  It seems that he was trained to be a bait dog and he can absorb terrible punishment without fighting back

Hugo is a very loving, affectionate and gentle dog and all he needs is patience and love.  

Now here's the sad part.  My friend had Hugo in her yard last night and another dog entered the yard and chewed Hugo up.  He is at the vet right now and he will recover.  I am helping with his veterinary expenses and he will get whatever he needs.

But Hugo needs a home. Will someone here give him a home?

As I said Hugo is totally gentle and submissive. He has no fight in him.  All he has is a gentle, loving heart.

Here is today after being attacked.  Please someone adopt him.

<a href="http://s641.photobucket.com/user/Fluffy9lives/media/imagejpeg_21_zpsead0815f.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/imagejpeg_21_zpsead0815f.jpg</a>
View Quote

my living arrangements are on the change I'll be moving here and looks like I'm getting a place with a fenced in yard. I might be able to take him after I move. I move in the next couple of weeks. i'd have to clear it with the land lord. if Hugo doesn't have a home by then let me know.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We're not talking about your dog. The OP said the dog in question could get along with other dogs. You seem king of emotional today, hope you haven't been reading Hillery's book
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dog is obviously damaged psychologically and probably not a very good pet. Getting eaten up by other dogs is not natural and probably has to do with its submissive behaviour. Letting it continue, as it probaly will, seems kind of cruel.
Kiss my ass.  I have an American Bulldog that was a bait dog, he is well-adjusted to our pack of 6, each one well behaved and loving.  He was a problem at first but now walks fine without a leash.

Don't you have sheep to bugger?

We're not talking about your dog. The OP said the dog in question could get along with other dogs. You seem king of emotional today, hope you haven't been reading Hillery's book

wow you got served by Keith fuckin J damn.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dogs can and do have behavior problems. Their owners are responsible for adjusting for such problems.
Now go make some damn BBQ. I'm hungry.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow. You again.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 1:48:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Dogs can and do have behavior problems. Their owners are responsible for adjusting for such problems.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just did.

Some behaviour issues can't be corrected.

I've had dogs all my life, and have only had one problem dog.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 2:35:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Would he play nice with 4 cats and a small yard?
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I just did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just did.

Right.  That would be the one that stayed with you.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 2:44:15 PM EDT
[#23]
double tap
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 2:55:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just did.

What?
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 2:57:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
What?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?
I got it.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 2:59:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I got it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?
I got it.

Me too
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Seems like a happy ending in the making.

As for the thread-shitters, y'all seriously need your own heads examined. If you are so wrapped up in your hatred of a breed or type of dog that you can't shut up and let people do something good, y'all are some psychologically fucked individuals.
View Quote

You've said it much nicer than I was going to.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I got it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What?
I got it.

I understood what he said, but his point is foolish.

I guess I don't get the dog worship on here. There are good dogs, and bad dogs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 3:27:35 PM EDT
[#29]
poor guy
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take your thread shitting elsewhere.  You and LoneCoyoteHunter both.
In fact, <click> and <click>
AMF.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 3:28:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Want to say you do good work Fluffy,  If I did not all ready have 3 dogs,  One kinda a brat, I would offer my home to this one.  

Tag for outcome
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#32]

Hugo returns to the vet tomorrow.  The vet will install a drain and Hugo will be well in two or three weeks.

I will keep everyone posted.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:08:59 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not getting whats so bad about having a dog,that is submissive to aggressive dogs and won't fight? That is unless you are a weak person and live vicariously through your dog to feel tough.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I just did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just did.

I've had dogs all my life as well. I wouldn't consider a submissive dog a problem. A dog that doesn't want to fight is not a problem dog.
Alpha dogs will always try to establish dominance over a beta male. The more submissive the beta the more aggressive the alpha will be.
I've dealt with abused dogs and when given love and attention they will usually develop the self confidence necessary to be great dogs as long as you don't put them together with another alpha.
We have no intention of getting more than one dog. We don't need a "guard dog" so something like this isn't a problem for us.
Had this dog been the aggressor in the altercations then you would have a good point.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:19:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like a brother to our rescue.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I've had dogs all my life as well. I wouldn't consider a submissive dog a problem. A dog that doesn't want to fight is not a problem dog.
Alpha dogs will always try to establish dominance over a beta male. The more submissive the beta the more aggressive the alpha will be.
I've dealt with abused dogs and when given love and attention they will usually develop the self confidence necessary to be great dogs as long as you don't put them together with another alpha.
We have no intention of getting more than one dog. We don't need a "guard dog" so something like this isn't a problem for us.
Had this dog been the aggressor in the altercations then you would have a good point.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just did.

Ok, I re-read. I thought this dog was the aggressor.

My apologies.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Hugo returns to the vet tomorrow.  The vet will install a drain and Hugo will be well in two or three weeks.

I will keep everyone posted.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

My apologies.
View Quote

Ahh, That makes more sense.
I didn't think you'd be such an asshat.
I still miss your BBQ.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#39]

I thought I'd explain how Hugo got his name.  I was reading about the Battle of Britain last year and I read about one of the Luftwaffe's commanders,  General Hugo Sperrle.

I thought that Herr Sperrle looked like a bulldog and that's how Hugo got his name.

Here's Hugo Sperrle:

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:35:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Oops...
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:41:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You sound like an emotional liberal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sound like an emotional liberal.

Don't talk about fluffy.  He has proven himself here as a great man.  

GTFO
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I thought I'd explain how Hugo got his name.  I was reading about the Battle of Britain last year and I read about one of the Luftwaffe's commanders,  General Hugo Sperrle.

I thought that Herr Sperrle looked like a bulldog and that's how Hugo got his name.

Here's Hugo Sperrle:

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu138/Fluffy9lives/HugoSperrle_zps73a6466a.jpg
View Quote

I definitely see what you mean now. Hahahaha

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#43]
We also have a rescued bait dog who has become the sweetest animal I've ever been the caretaker of.

Step daughter and SIL have American Bulldog and she is an absolute sweetheart.

Hugo will make someone a wonderful companion.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#44]
the dog is the only one of God's creatures that will love you more than its own life
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:47:54 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perfect family dog, especially in a single dog home.  

The kind of dog that you can take food out of their mouths are great if you've got little kids crawling around who don't know any better.

Jesus H. Christ, the idiots are coming out in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:51:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The kind of dog that you can take food out of their mouths are great if you've got little kids crawling around who don't know any better.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. My Dachshund is as submissive as they come. Apparently she's a defect and should be put down immediately.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:52:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Fluffy - is the dog going to skeeterh?

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:54:59 PM EDT
[#49]

MQuoted:
Agreed. My Dachshund is as submissive as they come. Apparently she's a defect and should be put down immediately.

View All Quotes
MQuoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My border collie mix too.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

My apologies.
View Quote

A little late for that.  

Since when does being attacked and not fighting back constitute aggression?  The OP and the whole fricking thread (minus your imbecilic comments) have been about this dog that keeps getting attacked by other more dominant dogs b/c he won't fight back.   The pic of his injuries shows a dog with bite marks all over his face.  

But you weren't interested in the specifics.  You just wanted to bash one of the bully breeds and those of us who like them.

Oh, and I'm not a "he", I'm a "she".  Don't bother apologizing for getting that wrong, too.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top