Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 6/22/2014 8:52:35 AM EDT
Last year I helped rescue an American bulldog.  I named him Hugo.

Hugo was found wandering around an apartment building.  A friend of mine runs a dog rescue in North Carolina and she took Hugo into her care.

A subsequent examination by a vet revealed that Hugo had been used as a bait dog by dog fighters.  He had some nasty injuries; however, he recovered.

There were two attempts made to adopt Hugo; however, both attempts failed. Both adopters had other dogs and in both cases the other dogs attacked Hugo.  

Hugo is totally passive and submissive.  He has no fight in him.  He will not fight back or retaliate.  It seems that he was trained to be a bait dog and he can absorb terrible punishment without fighting back

Hugo is a very loving, affectionate and gentle dog and all he needs is patience and love.  

Now here's the sad part.  My friend had Hugo in her yard last night and another dog entered the yard and chewed Hugo up.  He is at the vet right now and he will recover.  I am helping with his veterinary expenses and he will get whatever he needs.

But Hugo needs a home. Will someone here give him a home?

As I said Hugo is totally gentle and submissive. He has no fight in him.  All he has is a gentle, loving heart.

Here is today after being attacked.  Please someone adopt him.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:05:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Is this the dog that was in the Denver area or am I thinking of

a different one

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Hugo was not an arfcom rescue. He was a dog that I got involved with through a friend.  Here he is before his recent injury.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Awhile back I remember a guy that adopted a dog in the Denver area

that had problems with existing animals I didn't know if it was the same one.

Where is Hugo at?

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Awhile back I remember a guy that adopted a dog in the Denver area

that had problems with existing animals I didn't know if it was the same one.

Where is Hugo at?  

View Quote

The Denver dog is Maizie.  She has a new home and all is well with her.

Hugo is in North Carolina.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Why not just put the poor thing out of his misery
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would like to put you out of your misery; however, that would be illegal.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Thanks Fluffy you do a great job with these animals

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Keep up the faith OP, maybe some one on here will put LCH out of his misery
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:33:10 AM EDT
[#9]

I will make sure that Hugo gets the treatment that he needs.  He will be well soon.  But he needs a home.

He needs to be the only dog because he cannot fight or stand up for himself.   He just needs a quiet loving home.  

If I did not have a jealous bitch, I would drive down to North Carolina next week and pick him up.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:34:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

He has to shit all over every dog and every cat thread.  The man is totally bereft of any human kindness.  He is a morally bankrupt, depraved wretch and he gives Canada a bad name.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:34:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He is from NS, isn't there an exception?  Almost a Newfie?

We already have an American Bulldog rescue here, he is very passive and loving.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:35:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sound like an emotional liberal.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#13]
This is terrible. I have an American Bulldog and can attest they are great dogs and make a wonderful pet. This kills me to see Hugo like this.

I'd like to help in any way I can if he needs to pass through DFW.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:37:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dog is obviously damaged psychologically and probably not a very good pet. Getting eaten up by other dogs is not natural and probably has to do with its submissive behaviour. Letting it continue, as it probaly will, seems kind of cruel.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But he isn't.  You can be a dog lover and still be a very conservative guy.  Even Rush Limbaugh has cats.  And now, dogs.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and have people wonder if you are an idiot than to open it and remove all shadow of doubt.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Dog is obviously damaged psychologically and probably not a very good pet. Getting eaten up by other dogs is not natural and probably has to do with its submissive behaviour. Letting it continue, as it probaly will, seems kind of cruel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kiss my ass.  I have an American Bulldog that was a bait dog, he is well-adjusted to our pack of 6, each one well behaved and loving.  He was a problem at first but now walks fine without a leash.

Don't you have sheep to bugger?

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Kiss my ass.  I have an American Bulldog that was a bait dog, he is well-adjusted to our pack of 6, each one well behaved and loving.  He was a problem at first but now walks fine without a leash.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sheep rejected him.  They have too much class
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:43:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fluffy has more restraint than I do. Anything I say in response will be a COC violation.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:44:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're not talking about your dog. The OP said the dog in question could get along with other dogs. You seem king of emotional today, hope you haven't been reading Hillery's book
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#20]
You're a good man Fluffy, good luck finding Hugo a home!
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:48:19 AM EDT
[#21]

First things first.  

First he will get all the treatment he needs and he will get better.  I don't care what it costs.  He will get better.

Then he will stay with my friend at her rescue until we find him a home.  I just thought we might be able to promote his cause here first.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
But he isn't.  You can be a dog lover and still be a very conservative guy.  Even Rush Limbaugh has cats.  And now, dogs.

It is better to keep your mouth shut and have people wonder if you are an idiot than to open it and remove all shadow of doubt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Telling someone you want to kill them because they talk about putting an animal down is the sign of an emotionally disturbed individual.
I know what Fluffy does for animals on here, still doesn't make it a sane statement to say.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:56:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

We're not talking about your dog. The OP said the dog in question could get along with other dogs. You seem king of emotional today, hope you haven't been reading Hillery's book
View Quote

What is "Hillery's book"?

If I took your brain and shoved it up a gnat's rectum, it would be like putting a BB in a box car.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#24]
This breaks my heart.

While "sharing" dogs needing rescue on FB, I see lots dogs like Hugo.  And to those who say dog-fighting should not be illegal, I have nothing to say except I hope one day they feel the pain Hugo has felt.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#25]
The next person who shits in Fluffy's thread is getting the full Elephant of Shame treatment in the Pit.

This man has more generosity and kindness in his toenail clippings than most of you do in your entire body.  So quit fucking around and giving him flak.  Now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

You mean if someone here would put LCH out of our misery.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:04:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is terrible. I have an American Bulldog and can attest they are great dogs and make a wonderful pet. This kills me to see Hugo like this.

I'd like to help in any way I can if he needs to pass through DFW.
View Quote

Oh man.

Fluff: If I had the space I'd adopt Hugo in a minute. He'd be great company for my Boston Terrier mix Bob.

Good luck with Hugo and God bless you.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:06:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

are you sure?
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:11:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Is he fixed?
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#30]
What would it cost to get him to Spokane Wa.?
Has he been around cats?
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What would it cost to get him to Spokane Wa.?
Has he been around cats?
View Quote

don't know but I got $250 towards the cause ,  where ever he may be needed.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#32]
He loves kids and gets along with cats snd other dogs.  He loves to play ball.  He is not yet fixed
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Where at in NC? I wish I could take him, my BIL has a dog similar and just very sweet, but can't with the room and Sparky here.

I may be able to help get him where he needs to go though if he's not too FD far out from me
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:28:02 AM EDT
[#34]
hope he gets a new family...

fuck the thread shitters.... that's all I'll say
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#35]
We have a large yard. No other dogs. We had a large bulldog mix years ago and would love to get another. If you have no other takers, let me know what we need to do to make the arrangements.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Thanks for all you do Fluffy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

We have a large yard. No other dogs. We had a large bulldog mix years ago and would love to get another. If you have no other takers, let me know what we need to do to make the arrangements.
View Quote
good man

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:36:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Fluffy,

Just wanted to say thank you for all you do for these animals. If we only had a few more people like you in this world, it would be a better place.

As for the scum, that would lay a hand on a defenseless animal, well they deserve 10 fold coming to them for what they have done to these animals.

The lack of balls of these wussies, is what gives them the power to strike down a animal or a person smaller than themselves, it is only a matter of time before someone bigger, will stomp these assholes the way they deserve to be stomped in to the ground.

I am broke but will make a donation of what i can, to help you take care and find a good home for these dogs and cats.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:38:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Hugo looks happy in the second (before attack) picture.  He just needs love like many here.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Fluffy you are a good man, may I share this on facebook, not the asshole part just the home for the dog part.

I had a very submissive golden Samson till my neighbors stupid ridgeback tore him up in our yard when my samson that he had come to play, after that my samson became very aggressive to other same size dogs that were not a golden.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:46:49 AM EDT
[#41]
Fluffy, where in NC is this dog?

I cannot afford to take him, but I know quite a few that can, quite a few without dogs that would either keep him inside as a house/truck buddy, or a farm.

If it's close enough and I can find a suitable owner, the dog will be cared for. Most people down here are country folk, dog lovers, very small town with mostly rural living, woods etc.

Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:52:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tag for backup.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 10:55:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Fluffy the saint is at it again. God bless you kind sir. If I didn't currently have an AB I'd throw may hat into the ring. She does not play well with other dogs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well put Fluffy.  Some people are nothing more than oxygen thieves.

Any idea the age of Hugo?  I'll see if the better half would take him in.  She is the boss after all.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Good looking dog that would make a nice pet.
He just wants love and some safety.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 11:38:18 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 11:54:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Seriously, go fuck yourselves. A dog that has had a troubled past can overcome and be a great pet, just as a good dog can be trained to fight or for bait, like Hugo here. With an owner that will give him the love and security that he wants and needs and he will be a best friend. He looks happy and just wants a loving hand to be his friend too, and play and pet him. Fluffy is a saint to rescued dogs and those who need rescuing, and he is well respected around these parts ft or all he does for them. Before telling someone to kill a dog for his past, why not see the dog and let that make the decision for you. Or, like said earlier, to fuck yourselves and leave this thread be.

Fluffy, tip o the cap again good sir for helping those who need it. You have a beer here if you get here, on me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:04:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Let me clarify: we would love to give Hugo a home, and we're ready to start making the arrangements now.

This is our old dog that we rescued from the pound about twenty years ago. Best dog ever, and probably the same history as Hugo.

My wife was reading this thread over my shoulder and now every five minutes she's nagging me "Has he said anything yet? Has he said anything yet? Has he said anything yet?"
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:06:35 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote

why the fuck would you troll now?
Link Posted: 6/22/2014 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Cute dog, I wish I could take in another. 3 dogs and a 11 month old don't allow for it with my limited space tho . Good luck fluff and good on the ones willing to take in an awesome dog.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top