Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 58
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 12:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It would go through a window on your house but will be slowed enough that "if" they penetrated your neighbors house they certainly would not cause a kill shot. Also a miss with a shotgun inside your house on a bud guy is pretty much not possibru unless you are living in some sort of huge mansion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If buckshot won't travel through a window, like this 9mm did, how will it travel through a bad guy?

It would go through a window on your house but will be slowed enough that "if" they penetrated your neighbors house they certainly would not cause a kill shot. Also a miss with a shotgun inside your house on a bud guy is pretty much not possibru unless you are living in some sort of huge mansion.

I guess you've never fired a shotgun at a room sized distance. Sorry but you need to aim.

I would suggest you stick to what you know.

Shotguns aren't it!
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 12:55:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Less anal fisting, more ballistics research OP
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 12:58:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If buckshot won't travel through a window, like this 9mm did, how will it travel through a bad guy?

Is this a Saturday and drunk thread just reread what you wrote.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#4]
  Also a miss with a shotgun inside your house on a bud guy is pretty much not possibru unless you are living in some sort of huge mansion.
View Quote

I watch a lot of youtube videos, and apparently the possibru are indeed coming back to Earth.

Though this will not change the way buckshot penetrates building materials, or the way 5.56 mm bullets act after passing through building materials.

It may be insane, (some claim it is), but I will prefer 5.56 for HD.  Those who choose shotguns are not making a bad choice.  They are just not making the best choice.

And the difference is not that great.  Call it 1.00 for the AR, and .98 for the shotgun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So that when you "accidentally" pull the trigger on a shotgun with 00 buck, you have now launched eight 9mm projectiles instead of one?
View Quote

And at a higher velocity than out of a 9mm handgun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:01:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Not this crap again...

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Halberd a are more effective. Can't miss, longer reach, and deadly effective. Plus it's proven battle technology.
View Quote

In the Hitlerverse no other weapon is as feared.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Remember, you are responsible for every round that comes from every pull of your trigger. Even in a life or death scenario.

A shotgun with 00 Buck will not blow through into your neighbors house or someone outside your house.

Stray Bullet Kills Florida Man From 200 Feet Away

PANAMA CITY, Fla. — Jun 20, 2014, 8:51 PM
Associated Press
A new father in Florida was killed by a stray bullet that traveled more than 200 feet from a neighbor's house and hit him in the back of the head.

Bay County Sheriff's officials were quoted by the The News Herald of Panama City http://bit.ly/1l30xwL as saying that 33-year-old Steven Justin Ayers was killed instantly during a family gathering he and his wife, Jessica, were having at their home to celebrate the birth of their 3-day-old son, born on Father's Day.

Police say Ayers' 62-year-old neighbor Charles Edward Shisler is accused of manslaughter and possession of a firearm by a felon. Investigators say Shisler told them the 9 mm pistol accidentally discharged when he picked it up inside his home Tuesday night. The bullet traveled through Shisler's window and into the Ayers home.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/stray-bullet-kills-florida-man-200-feet-24241825
View Quote

Drywall won't stop 00 buck. Your neighbors are safe, your wife and brat aren't.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Stop being wrong, OP.  Just stop it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:52:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Halberd a are more effective. Can't miss, longer reach, and deadly effective. Plus it's proven battle technology.
View Quote

Everyone thinks the sound of racking a shotgun is the scariest sound on earth nope. The sound of a halbred swinging through the air is where its at. Edit for spelling
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember, you are responsible for every round that comes from every pull of your trigger. Even in a life or death scenario.

A shotgun with 00 Buck will not blow through into your neighbors house or someone outside your house.

Associated Press
A new father in Florida was killed by a stray bullet that traveled more than 200 feet from a neighbor's house and hit him in the back of the head.

Bay County Sheriff's officials were quoted by the The News Herald of Panama City http://bit.ly/1l30xwL as saying that 33-year-old Steven Justin Ayers was killed instantly during a family gathering he and his wife, Jessica, were having at their home to celebrate the birth of their 3-day-old son, born on Father's Day.

Police say Ayers' 62-year-old neighbor Charles Edward Shisler is accused of manslaughter and possession of a firearm by a felon. Investigators say Shisler told them the 9 mm pistol accidentally discharged when he picked it up inside his home Tuesday night. The bullet traveled through Shisler's window and into the Ayers home.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/stray-bullet-kills-florida-man-200-feet-24241825

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#12]
So a .32 H&R magnum submacinegun with a 72 round magazine and 2-position selector (safe and 9-round burst), would be the ultimate weapon......
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:55:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Sadly, it lacks the back hook and spike on top for a proper halberd, but still...my dual universe defensive implement...

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:58:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The shotgun has its definitive advantages as a defensive arm but that's certainly not one of them. I think one of the biggest drawbacks of shotguns as fielded as the ignorance of some of its owners on its capabilities and drawbacks.
View Quote

This is so true. ARF is largely ignorant of, and extremely bias against shotguns.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 1:59:06 PM EDT
[#15]
There are very few problems that can't be solved by money or a 12 gauge shotgun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:02:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
There are very few problems that can't be solved by money or a 12 gauge shotgun.
View Quote

Well, I suppose you could use the money to buy a rifle....
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

How about a home intruder holding your kid at gunpoint? No way I'm trying to shoot him with a shotgun.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Mr. BigPony, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

View Quote

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Not me. I had my fingers in my ears when I read it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:06:08 PM EDT
[#19]
This thread is dildos.   Brony inspired dildos.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/natebedair/Rapesloth_zps5d83d84a.jpg
dude, he is gay

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I always grab a shotgun when my home is invaded by a flock of ducks
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:11:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

13'r AND Brony Logic FTMFL!  Stick with the little horses bud, you are out of your league and in over your head here.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#23]
A shotgun can't do what an AR can, and an AR can do what a shotgun can.

It's good for shooting birds, but you won't be able to find a unit that regularly conducts CQB that uses a shotgun unless it's for breaching.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:17:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Commonly taught by Massad Ayoob and all other experts, under there strict tutelage of renowned self defense expert Joe Biden:

1) start with empty chamber, "rack shotgun", intruders pee pants and flee
2) first two rounds confetti rounds, best fired out window

3) next two rounds rock salt, best fired into intruders buttocks

4) finally, if/when shit gets real

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
dude, he is gay  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc141/natebedair/Rapesloth_zps5d83d84a.jpg
dude, he is gay  

So.  Maybe he only pitches....
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you have to be trollin.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Do you know how I know you're gay?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stray Bullet Kills Florida Man From 200 Feet Away...

You mean the Bronnie part wasn't enough of a dead give away?

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:22:23 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm sorry, but this is just ridiculous.  They apparently don't teach much common sense on little girl shows.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:23:14 PM EDT
[#30]
I have a police 870 I built from a receiver with all the Magpul furniture and 3 dot night sights, and nice metal (not plastic bits).

What I like about shotguns:
-relatively powerful
-not too long for indoor maneuvering with the shortest legal barrel, but stock makes it long. Birdshead is an option.
-00 buck and PDX slugs are pretty effective
-durable and pretty hard to malf

What I hate about shotguns:
-with the HD barrel, I get 5-6 in the tube and one in the chamber
-I don't short stroke it, but I have seen lots of people do it in shotgun classes
-Heavy
-Still longer than an AR pistol, SBR, and much bigger than a regular pistol
-slower to reload than weapons with magazines
-questionably slower to fire, you can shoot them pretty fast, but risk short strokes

I'd take an AR pistol or a 14.5" pinned  with holographic sight indoors, that's what I currently have as the "nightstand" gun, but I live in the boonies. The nearest neighbor is over 600 yards away.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#31]
OP doesnt know what he doesnt know and has a 4th grade grasp of physics. Ill be standing by for his thread about how 5.56 tumbles like a football because it was designed to wound.... any day now.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http:// http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/funny-pictures-auto-patrick-anus-381138.jpeg

Omfg I'm dying over here.

ARFCOM delivers more comedic gold.

Lol
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:26:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:27:54 PM EDT
[#34]
There is nothing (pointy) on the butt of that rifle.

Get to work.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:28:31 PM EDT
[#35]
I don't remember a single issue with Joe Horn's errant shot damaging anyone or anything... Mr. Horn was not a tactical guru, LE, ex-mil...just a guy with some familiarity with shotguns from hunting.  Put two Colombian shitbags in the morgue with a 3 rounds of 12 ga (unknown load)...  Simplicity and effectiveness, especially in the middle of the night when everything is fuzzy.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:33:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This is so true. ARF is largely ignorant of, and extremely bias against shotguns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The shotgun has its definitive advantages as a defensive arm but that's certainly not one of them. I think one of the biggest drawbacks of shotguns as fielded as the ignorance of some of its owners on its capabilities and drawbacks.

Arf is full of people who shoot thousands and thousands of shotgun rounds every year, in a multitude of sporting events.

What we're not is blind to the reality of physics.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Associated Press

View Quote

No 13'er no.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:33:56 PM EDT
[#38]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sadly, it lacks the back hook and spike on top for a proper halberd, but still...my dual universe defensive implement...
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k83/shade_1313/stuffs/IMG_0180_zps7bc757b3.jpg

BUM

BUM

BUUUUUMMMMMMM

http://oi59.tinypic.com/r287wg.jpg

Holy shit its ARFs dream HD "tool"

Halberd>Rifle+Rifle>Shotgun=ideal HD setup.

The only way to improve is to paint it black, add a quad rail and AFG.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:35:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So that when you "accidentally" pull the trigger on a shotgun with 00 buck, you have now launched eight 9mm projectiles instead of one?

About the same as a +p round.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:41:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Arf is full of people who shoot thousands and thousands of shotgun rounds every year, in a multitude of sporting events.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go look at the AR vs Shotgun threads (there are at least two currently and a few every month). ARF as a whole is ignorant as fuck about shotguns. Both those that think they are great, and those that fanboy AR15's to unicorn status. Tons of people on this site are ignorant as fuck on physics. Many think AR>12GA 100% of the time simply because the mil uses M4s in Afghanistan. Pretty much the epitome of foolishness, and lack of critical thinking skills.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Go look at the AR vs Shotgun threads (there are at least two currently and a few every month). ARF as a whole is ignorant as fuck about shotguns. Both those that think they are great, and those that fanboy AR15's to unicorn status. Tons of people on this site are ignorant as fuck on physics. Many think AR>12GA 100% of the time simply because the mil uses M4s in Afghanistan. Pretty much the epitome of foolishness, and lack of critical thinking skills.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

M4.  What now?

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:43:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If you are inside a home?  Sure, it is entirely possible.

See here:  Precision Shooting With a Shotgun

But I would prefer a rifle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about a home intruder holding your kid at gunpoint? No way I'm trying to shoot him with a shotgun.

If you are inside a home?  Sure, it is entirely possible.

See here:  Precision Shooting With a Shotgun

But I would prefer a rifle.

I wonder what % of shotgun owners have never patterned a shotgun, or done any reading on shotgun ballistics? It is sad to admit that it seems a pretty safe bet that the majority are completely ignorant on it.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:44:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your posts get less coherent with each instance, and unless your point is "there are lots of stupid people" I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to get at.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Successful troll thread is successful.
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:45:43 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Stray Bullet Kills Florida Man From 200 Feet Away...

He has a baby horse as his avitar

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're surprised that people on a website called "www.ar15.com", prefer an AR for home defense?

Really?

Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Do you even Box of  Truth bro?
Link Posted: 6/21/2014 2:47:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Have you seen penetration figures on 00 Buck?
View Quote

Yeah, as adamant of a fan as I am of a pump being a solid HD option, this is not one of the reasons.
Page / 58
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top