Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 66
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Cleveland is going to be a madhouse tomorrow. A perfect storm of traffic.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

What's the general consensus amongst locals and local sports writers on Manziel?  Bust or just needs time?

ETA:  On Browns related note, it sure seems like you guys knew something about Trent Richardson that nobody else did.  I thought the Colts were screwing you guys on that deal but seems the jokes on Indy now.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:06:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What's the general consensus amongst locals and local sports writers on Manziel?  Bust or just needs time?

ETA:  On Browns related note, it sure seems like you guys knew something about Trent Richardson that nobody else did.  I thought the Colts were screwing you guys on that deal but seems the jokes on Indy now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

wat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 10:15:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

wat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wat.

I was asking if the fans and newspapers are already giving up on him as an overhyped bust or if they aren't giving up on him just yet considering Hoyer was named starter, Maziel's "bird" and other reported partying over the summer.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The Seahawks look unreal...
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:46:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The Seahawks look unreal...
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Well, the 2014 draft certainly proved that point.

I can't wait to see the fireworks if a certain Ram gets cut.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have decided to stop watching the NFL. It was their threatening the state of Arizona with the loss of the Super Bowl if they passes a Religious Freedom bill that put me over the line.

I was a HUGE NFL fan. Born and raised in Green Bay. Watching the Packers win the Super Bowl in 1996 was one of the highlights of my life. They have become too political and are now just an extension of the secular progressive establishment.

Well, the 2014 draft certainly proved that point.

I can't wait to see the fireworks if a certain Ram gets cut.

They damned themselves when they drafted him.

If they ever cut him, all hell will be raised.

I don't give a shit about him being gay or  whatever, but the Rams really set themselves up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was asking if the fans and newspapers are already giving up on him as an overhyped bust or if they aren't giving up on him just yet considering Hoyer was named starter, Maziel's "bird" and other reported partying over the summer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

wat.

I highly doubt it.  That would be stupid.

Manziel will start games this year, but Hoyer is the right call to start the season.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:59:47 PM EDT
[#9]

St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford is out for season after MRI shows he did tear left knee ACL, per sources - @mortreport

View Quote

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:02:49 PM EDT
[#10]
superbowl 2015, home game for the cards. lookin forward to it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 4:43:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford is out for season after MRI shows he did tear left knee ACL, per sources - @mortreport

Damn.  Feel for him.  Talented kid.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:24:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

That sucks hard.2 years in a row.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:29:58 PM EDT
[#13]

1st Dolphins home game (preseason)

Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah that's a shit sandwich.  Tough break for him.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 7:46:35 PM EDT
[#15]

Hellfuckinyeah !! Cameron Wake is a fucking beast !
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:38:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Michael Sam touched his wee-knee?

Sorry

Tough spot for that kid, he nor Jeff Fisher can catch a break.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 9:40:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He's NEVER healthy. Ever.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't imagine what he's going through.  I'd have to give serious consideration to just hanging it up.

All that work and countless hours rehabbing for nothing.  So discouraging.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I can't imagine what he's going through.  I'd have to give serious consideration to just hanging it up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He has sucked since he first got to STL and now he can sit back and enjoy all the $$ he got for being the last first round pick with guaranteed money.

I like Fisher as a coach, but his draft skills could use some work,  anyone who has watched Bradford play more than a few games could tell that he is garbage and not even a Tier 2 QB.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
He has sucked since he first got to STL and now he can sit back and enjoy all the $$ he got for being the last first round pick with guaranteed money.

I like Fisher as a coach, but his draft skills could use some work,  anyone who has watched Bradford play more than a few games could tell that he is garbage and not even a Tier 2 QB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I always thought he had loads of potential and could have made a franchise QB out of him, but the injury bug and plain old shit luck would never let him succeed.

Good news is STL will probably be in the running for a hot QB prospect in the 2015 draft.

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#21]

snip

Good news is STL will probably be in the running for a hot QB prospect in the 2015 draft.

View Quote

Yeah, but it will probably be the LA Rams with the 1st pick.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
  I always thought he had loads of potential and could have made a franchise QB out of him, but the injury bug and plain old shit luck would never let him succeed.

View Quote

I don't follow college football at all.  Does it look like QBs in next year's draft will be better than this year?  Overall listening to the commentators if didn't seem like this past year's class of QBs was great.  Not saying they're bad, but I didn't hear a lot of genuine excitement about any of them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

At least he got PAID.  Huge guaranteed $ contract.  He is set for life if he is smart with it.  I feel really bad for him but also for the Rams - they unfortunately are going to have to let Bradford go as he is due a $14 million dollar bonus next year and is a huge cap liability.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:17:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I don't follow college football at all.  Does it look like QBs in next year's draft will be better than this year?  Overall listening to the commentators if didn't seem like this past year's class of QBs was great.  Not saying they're bad, but I didn't hear a lot of genuine excitement about any of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Mariota is supposed to be really good
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:19:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our luck, the Texans will be just good enough to miss out on him in the next draft.
God, we NEED a QB.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Petty, Hundley will also be up there.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Josh Gordon's one year ban upheld on appeal.
Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View Quote
Figured that was going to be the outcome. He should have hit his girl, way less costly.

Link Posted: 8/27/2014 2:52:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Figured that was going to be the outcome. He should have hit his girl, way less costly.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or had a few beers during the off season.  Only cost Matt Prater 4 games.  I understand he had a previous DUI, but geez.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:02:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Dolphins Rams

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:32:11 PM EDT
[#31]
1/4 for 0 yds in 5th(!) preseason game

Eli Manning is horrible.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

1/4 for 0 yds in 5th(!) preseason game

Eli Manning is horrible.

View Quote

Giants fans are in for another looooonggg season.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Wes Welker suspended 4 games for violating drug policy.

Tested for Molly laced with amphetamines.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:11:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Less than 24 hrs
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:23:05 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Less than 24 hrs
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:24:31 AM EDT
[#36]
I quoted and responded something on page one thinking I was reading page 3
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:34:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Less than 24 hrs

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:17:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Let's rock!
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:19:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Green Bay leave their defense at home?
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Green Bay leave their defense at home?
View Quote

No. Seattle is that much better in all phases of the game.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm happy with tonight's outcome

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:51:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Seattle is a monster.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:52:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Seattle looked good.  Green Bay also looked real sloppy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Seattle is a monster.
View Quote

Yep.

Harvin makes that offense brutal. Defenses can no longer stack the box on Lynch with Harvin in the game.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Seattle looked good.  Green Bay also looked real sloppy.
View Quote

Everyone pretty much looks sloppy up there.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Buffalo tension boils over in shouting match for Marrone, Bills officials

Tension between Bills coach Doug Marrone and the team's front office spilled over recently in a loud verbal altercation on the practice field between the head coach and several team officials, according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation, punctuating what had been a tumultuous preseason for the franchise as it awaits word on new ownership.

The incident began with Marrone, who sources said has had a strained relationship with director of player personnel Jim Monos from their time together in New Orleans, getting into a loud exchange with Monos in which the men were cursing at each other to the point where others noticed ("they were more or less MFing each other," is how one source put it). General manager Doug Whaley then intervened. The expletives continued and finally team president and acting owner Russ Brandon tried to defuse the situation by getting involved in an attempt to get all parties to "shut up," as one source put it. But that too escalated into more yelling and hollering, with Brandon and Marrone ultimately separated by their peers and Marrone, in earshot of players, making remarks along the lines of "go ahead and fire me," before order was restored and the team took the field for practice.
View Quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24695455/buffalo-tension-boils-over-in-shouting-match-for-marrone-bills-officials
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:53:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Ahh yes, the official NFL thread... Had to actually search for it this time.

As always, I am picking my Hawks to win it all. It's weird for that to be an actual possibility...
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

As always, I am picking my Hawks to win it all. It's weird for that to be an actual possibility...
View Quote

Really going out on a limb this year, huh?  
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:58:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd have picked them even if we were 5-11 last year, but yeah.... Pretty safe pick. These are the good ol' days for us Hawks fans.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
I'd have picked them even if we were 5-11 last year, but yeah.... Pretty safe pick. These are the good ol' days for us Hawks fans.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Enjoy it while it lasts.  Wilson is gonna get PAID eventually and create cap problems.

I'm always conflicted on the Seahawks because I hate Carroll and Sherman but I love Wilson so much.

But as a Falcons fan, fuck the Seahawks.  
Page / 66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top