Quoted:
90% of ARFCOM can't even do 3 push ups
View Quote

I'm not even sure I can do one that SSGT Smith would of accepted back in 86
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I may be the only Arfcommer in history to drive a stick and wish it was an auto.
View Quote

Nah - I'm kind of sick & tired of the 6spd stick in my CTD.  Wish it was the 6spd auto with all the damn traffic..........
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:28:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If you cant do 30 p/u you have no business being a cop. PERIOD.
View Quote

Why are you such a sexist?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Probably rather well since he has the balls and brains to fuck a .gov agency,  and you can't read to understand that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If a guy can get 29, he can get 30 easy.

Maybe, maybe not.

Or, maybe someone decided to fuck him, counted wrong and skipped a number, and the guy didn't throw out an extra few reps just to be sure.

He hit "30" and quit, when the instructor grading only counted 29?  I dunno, I've seen it happen.  People lose count.  It's no big deal, and they should just let you re-test, at least.

That he didn't just get to re-test or that it wasn't handled in a fair manner suggests the agency (or some people within it) were out to fuck the guy on purpose.

If this guy will bust out a bullshit lawsuit over a PT test, How do you think he will act if he is actually challenged with a situation that requires him to man up and do what's right when things get dangerous?

Probably rather well since he has the balls and brains to fuck a .gov agency,  and you can't read to understand that.

Dan...you are going to be here all night trying to get them to see the light. You can lead an arfcomer to water but you can't make him think.

If in fact this was purposeful, it is brilliant.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I got burned on a FF exam. Scored top 10.
I knew I had no shot in hell with 12 woman, 4 of them African-Amrtican, out of 70 or so candidates.

What got me was if I'm in my 3rd floor walk up on fire and one of these woman showed up at the top of the ladder was gonna get saved ?

Now let's talk BMI... That will get your ass hairs on end.

Good suit, standards should be just that

All the screaming about equal pay for equal work from ObamaLand fuck that with your exceptions

No such thing as equality it's that simple
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:59:47 PM EDT
[#6]
not completing 30 push ups is a lack of motivation, not physical fitness.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I agree with the judge.

If the FBI has decided that 14 pushups is enough to prove you can do the job, then 14 pushups is adequate for everybody.

If it isn't adequate for everybody, it means the FBI has been putting people at risk for a while by allowing people who aren't up to the standard in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If it is untimed, how can you fail?

You have to recover eventually, unless you just give up-- and then you should fail.

I agree with the judge.

If the FBI has decided that 14 pushups is enough to prove you can do the job, then 14 pushups is adequate for everybody.

If it isn't adequate for everybody, it means the FBI has been putting people at risk for a while by allowing people who aren't up to the standard in.
BINGO.

Either raise the rate for women or let men have the same rate.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:04:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd say he was a highly motivated,  mission oriented person.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:07:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've read else where that there was more to the story. Guy had always passed fitness test with high scores, test day comes around and they say he only did 29. Then they're was supposed to be video footage, but they don't have video of him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that. Guy had the opportunity of a lifetime and blew it. That's what this comes down to.

I've read else where that there was more to the story. Guy had always passed fitness test with high scores, test day comes around and they say he only did 29. Then they're was supposed to be video footage, but they don't have video of him.

I don't think that is what happened,  IIRC, but that would be interesting.  I can almost hear the count now,"...26, 27, 28, 29, 29, 29, 29, 29, 29, 29 29..." and so on until exhaustion.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:08:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't think that is what happened,  IIRC, but that would be interesting.  I can almost hear the count now,"...26, 27, 28, 29, 29, 29, 29, 29, 29, 29 29..." and so on until exhaustion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that. Guy had the opportunity of a lifetime and blew it. That's what this comes down to.

The FBI guys I know would be scared shit less to fail someone on something like that.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#11]
My problem wasn't pushups it was chinups/pullups. I looked like Gomer Pyle in FMJ, I was so bad.

But I spent a full year working on them to the point that I could do 50 in a row. Never flunked a PT after that.

Ed

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:18:39 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know guys, thirty pushups is an awful lot.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#13]
And maybe if he had a high enough fitness level or was saving himself for an event he struggled with, and knowing he only had to have 30 pushups, got down banged out what he thought was 30, got up, and the grader counted 29 and they wouldn't allow a retest because they thought it was BS he didn't put forth his best effort.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't know guys, thirty pushups is an awful lot.
View Quote

This is true, it is thirty times more than a single pushup.  That is why everyone in law enforcement looks up to the FBI as some sort of SuperCop.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

So how long before someone challenges the APFT?
View Quote
It needs to be MOS specific, certainly not a male/female standard.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I agree with the judge.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If it is untimed, how can you fail?

You have to recover eventually, unless you just give up-- and then you should fail.

I agree with the judge.

This.  PC standards come back to bite the feminists.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:25:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think it is already 'MOS' specific, or close enough already. I know I'm not in the best shape I can be, I'm about middle of the road between the lowest passing score and the highest score. I'm sure as shit not able to pass specwar or higher PT regimens.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:26:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Retired AF guy is a non reader.  He should be ashamed to show up to kindergarten,  much less preschool. . .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pseudo Agent bauer is a pussy. He should be ashamed to show up to his academy classes let alone a courtroom. I retired from the AF almost 3 years ago and I can still do 30 pushups after mostly sitting on my ass.

Retired AF guy is a non reader.  He should be ashamed to show up to kindergarten,  much less preschool. . .

Whatever, man.   I read that he failed to do the minimum number of pushups required to pass.  It was a requirement for graduation from the FBI Academy and he did not perform to the standard. The article does not say why he failed, but does it really matter?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:28:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Ironically, I imagine in the back of the instructors mind, he was thinking he would get sued if he didn't let her retest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if they raised the female requirement to match the male requirement he would have no suit right?

Wonder how his coworkers will feel about a agent that couldn't pass the same physical test they all did??

Came here to post this... and oh, yeah, it should be a lose-lose for him. Of course, one set of standards across the board would mean 'sexism'...

He would still have a suit because they let the chick retest but not him.

Ironically, I imagine in the back of the instructors mind, he was thinking he would get sued if he didn't let her retest.

Imagine?  I'm certain he was thinking that.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:29:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That aint shit, you should see how I drive a stick and how much I bench.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you can't do 30 untimed push-ups you shouldn't be in the FBI

Oh he could do them.

I'm amazed, although I shouldn't be, at how many are not seeing the forest through the trees on this one and instead chest thumping about how many push ups they can do.

That aint shit, you should see how I drive a stick and how much I bench.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
2 minutes to do it on the PT test

Anyway i was in the Airborne Infantry.. i didnt know chicks were even in the "Army".. i think they had one at brigade level having sex with colonel
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wat..

You can't even GET into the army with 30 push-ups

You can if you're a female in the right age bracket.

I just looked it up, it looks like 30 pushups for a female passes no what age bracket. Minimum point score of 60 occurs at the youngest age bracket of 17-21, and that's at 19 pushups. 19 or more pushups as a female and there's no way to fail no matter what age she is.

2 minutes to do it on the PT test

Anyway i was in the Airborne Infantry.. i didnt know chicks were even in the "Army".. i think they had one at brigade level having sex with colonel

Sounds like the movie Private Benjamin....

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I think it is already 'MOS' specific, or close enough already. I know I'm not in the best shape I can be, I'm about middle of the road between the lowest passing score and the highest score. I'm sure as shit not able to pass specwar or higher PT regimens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes and no.

To go to airborne school, you have to pass the 18 yo standard.

But a 35 yo infantry major has to do the same number as a 35 yo .mil O4 pediatrician to pass their semi-annual APFT.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Amazing how all the know it all professors of arfcom always bitching about PC lowing of standards for women in the military, fire, police, etc. and yet can't see what the point of this lawsuit was and why this brilliant guy did what he did.

No fucking wonder we're our own worst enemies. Here we have several people explaining the motive of this "failure" and lawsuit, but as usual, all the chest thumpers don't read, don't analyze, and then just post their drivel.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Amazing how all the know it all professors of arfcom always bitching about PC lowing of standards for women in the military, fire, police, etc. and yet can't see what the point of this lawsuit was and why this brilliant guy did what he did.

No fucking wonder we're our own worst enemies. Here we have several people explaining the motive of this "failure" and lawsuit, but as usual, all the chest thumpers don't read, don't analyze, and then just post their drivel.
View Quote

+1

I hope the FBI eliminates separate standards, and keeps the higher standard. Can you imagine the fallout, even thought that would be the right thing to do?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:20:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The argument is an interesting one.  I wonder how this will reflect on the military..if at all...

Males that are currently in the same MOS as females shouldn't be required to work twice as hard on a PT test if they are doing the same job.

It gives females an unfair advantage in promotions and commendations.

View Quote

Like the females that say "I scored higher than you" but did 60% of what you did.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hahgaha I could not do 30 fbi style pushups but never moist a one on one fight/arrest as a cop
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:23:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Fuck that guy.

As already mentioned, FBI protocol pushups require strict form. If you aren't doing it right you'll hear a lot of this: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, and so on. And that's continual motion, take a break and you're done.

That being said, he would have had this all explained to him during the pre-employment process and been tested during at least one practice PFT in the field before being sent to Quantico. Once at QT, he would have had multiple chances and coaching to pass. I don't believe the story that a woman was allowed an extra retest and he wasn't. The FBI doesn't want to lose trainees in QT after all the investment to get them there, unless there's a good reason.

Most likely he thought he could cheat by doing half-assed pushups and couldn't follow the rules. Do you want an LEO that can't follow basic instructions and try to cheat? It's like a test where you get all the answers before hand and plenty of time to study. Think of it a more of a test to see how motivated you are instead of a physical aptitude test.

Not only that, but he was an FBI intel analyst, so he had a heads up over other non FBI applicants, and had no excuse for not knowing the rules.

I'm not getting into the men and women should have equal standards argument. Bottom line is if he could make the cut, he shouldn't be an LEO.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.

As already mentioned, FBI protocol pushups requires strict form. If you aren't doing it right you'll hear a lot of this: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, and so on. And that's continual motion, take a break and you're done.

That being said, he would have had this all explained to him during the pre-employment process and been tested during at least one practice PFT in the field before being sent to Quantico. Once at QT, he would have had multiple chances and coaching to pass. I don't believe the story that a woman was allowed an extra retest and he wasn't. The FBI doesn't want to lose applicants in QT after all the investment to get them there, unless there's a good reason.

Most likely he thought he could cheat by doing half-assed pushups and couldn't follow the rules. Do you want an LEO that can't follow basic instructions and try to cheat? It's like a test where you get all the answers before hand and plenty of time to study. Think of it a more of a test to see how motivated you are instead of a physical aptitude test.

Not only that, but he was an FBI intel analyst, so he had a heads up over other non FBI applicants, and had no excuse for not knowing the rules.

I'm not getting into the men and women should have equal standards argument. Bottom line is if he could make the cut, he shouldn't be an LEO.
View Quote

You sure you're in the right thread?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:31:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Hahgaha I could not do 30 fbi style pushups but never moist a one on one fight/arrest as a cop
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't think that's because you're billy Superbadass, do you?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:33:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.

As already mentioned, FBI protocol pushups requires strict form. If you aren't doing it right you'll hear a lot of this: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, and so on. And that's continual motion, take a break and you're done.

That being said, he would have had this all explained to him during the pre-employment process and been tested during at least one practice PFT in the field before being sent to Quantico. Once at QT, he would have had multiple chances and coaching to pass. I don't believe the story that a woman was allowed an extra retest and he wasn't. The FBI doesn't want to lose applicants in QT after all the investment to get them there, unless there's a good reason.

Yeah, and I'm going to beat my chest and say that I'm a man and wanted to be tested as one. I'm not going to cry and demand to be tested as a woman because that's the 'fair' 21st century way.

I don't want that guy anywhere near a law enforcement gun toting job, and I'm ashamed that so many American men have become so pussified that they are supporting a guy the who is suing to be scored on an equal basis to a woman in a physical aptitude test.

Right or wrong, he's still a pussy.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
So if they raised the female requirement to match the male requirement he would have no suit right?

Wonder how his coworkers will feel about a agent that couldn't pass the same physical test they all some of them did??
View Quote

FIFY

the women didn't pass that test.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cognition is hard.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Yeah, and I'm going to beat my chest and say that I'm a man and wanted to be tested as one. I'm not going to cry and demand to be tested as a woman because that's the 'fair' 21st century way.

I don't want that guy anywhere near a law enforcement gun toting job, and I'm ashamed that so many American men have become so pussified that they are supporting a guy the who is suing to be scored on an equal basis to a woman in a physical aptitude test.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.

Fucking ROFLMAO.

You are obtuse.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've seen distance running athletes incapable of 30 pushups.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
30 untimed pushups.

I dont even....

Most middle aged Americans can not do 30 push ups I would hazard to guess.  Sad but true.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Pathetic that he couldn't do 30 push-ups. Though good ruling because having two different standards is bullshit. Either you can do the job or you can't. Fuck this gender special treatment shit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Fucking ROFLMAO.

You are obtuse.
View Quote

Oh, I get it. I just don't mind being judged differently as a male.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

I get why he may have done it. But it read as though the FBI is getting gigged for not being able to demonstrate that the push-ups test a job applicable ability.  If they are setting the test with separate male and female requirements based on a desire to promote diversity then I'd imagine they will win. These things rarely have the desirable outcome in court.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking ROFLMAO.

You are obtuse.

Do you mind having females as team members who are not held to the same standards as you are, who can't carry the same weight, literally and figuratively?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#39]
If you cant do 30 push ups your not catching, restraining, or protecting anything.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Hkocher, you're on the losing side.

If females want to do the exact same job as males, they should be tested to the exact same standards. If they can be tested to lesser standards, that means males can be too. If the females can do the exact same job but to a lesser standard, than why are males tested to a higher standard?

Because of bullshit diversity hires and affirmative action.  They need more females to say they're not sexist.

If there is a job that females need a lesser standard in order to be tested for, they should not be considered for that job. Period.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:26:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking ROFLMAO.

You are obtuse.

Men should be paid more and have more opportunities available to them if more is required of them.

This guy is making them take a real clear fucking look at their duality.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#42]
I guess I don't get it.

He was required to do more pushups than females - and he did.

He was required to do 30 untimed pushups...and he couldn't rest long enough to knock out #30 out of #29?

I'm kind of at a loss, here. It seems like the FBI was practically begging him to meet the (low) standards, and he refused?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Do you mind having females as team members who are not held to the same standards as you are, who can't carry the same weight, literally and figuratively?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking ROFLMAO.

You are obtuse.

It's a LE job, it's not SF selection. Like I said, it's more of a test of motivation and integrity than a true physical test. You guys are giving him too much credit. Most likely he just couldn't make the cut or tried to cheat than this was part of his grand scheme to prove the inequity of the testing process.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:38:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's a LE job, it's not SF selection. Like I said, it's more of a test of motivation and integrity than a true physical test. You guys are giving him too much credit. Most likely he just couldn't make the cut or tried to cheat than this was part of his grand scheme to prove the inequity of the testing process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fucking ROFLMAO.

You are obtuse.

Job Alpha = Performance Standard Alpha, period, what is wrong with that? You don't get a free ride or a lighter pack just because you have an innie instead of an outtie.

You're white knighting and you don't even know it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
30 untimed pushups.

I dont even....

At ridiculously high levels, arm/chest strength (muscle) is wasted weight.  But if that's the case they probably shouldn't be in law enforcement.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:41:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck that guy.

So says the poster who didn't start a suit against the FBI for something that you don't even want to talk about, and doesn't even grasp how to gain the necessary standing to do so.

Good job.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:50:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

But,  he can read and you can't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm out of shape and overweight and I can do 30 fuckin pushups.  What a wimp.

But,  he can read and you can't.

Went back and read again.  Not seeing any evidence given in the article to suggest what you're suggesting, which appears to be that he could do the pushups but didn't in order to sue.

So unless you know the guy or are more privy to this situation than the rest of us reading an article, all your bullshit is speculative.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So says the poster who didn't start a suit against the FBI for something that you don't even want to talk about, and doesn't even grasp how to gain the necessary standing to do so.

Good job.
View Quote

You misinterpret my lack of sympathy for the lad and his fight as ignorance. I understand the argument, but my cavemanish working male genitalia forbids me for giving a fuck about a 'man' who couldn't pass the male standards for employment, even after those standards were fully explained to him.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I guess I don't get it.

View Quote

He was required to do more pushups than females - and he did.

He was required to do 30 untimed pushups...and he couldn't rest long enough to knock out #30 out of #29?

I'm kind of at a loss, here. It seems like the FBI was practically begging him to meet the (low) standards, and he refused?

Either 30 pushups equals "restraining a suspect" or 14 pushups equals "restraining a suspect". It can't be both. Kinda makes sense.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

You misinterpret my lack of sympathy for the lad and his fight as ignorance. I understand the argument, but my cavemanish working male genitalia forbids me for giving a fuck about a 'man' who couldn't pass the male standards for employment, even after those standards were fully explained to him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good job.

Lol... you still think that that is what this is about... oh geez.

Whatever floats your boat, dude.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top