J
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What you need to bring:
Your "A" game
Camping gear
Rifle, pistol, mags and ammo,
Eye and ear pro

Food will be served Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, and Saturday Dinner. This is still not fully funded.

Walmart is 10-15 minutes away from the site.

We have firewood covered between two different guys bringing it and what we can dig up on site.

I believe we have 3 committed ATV's, we could use another (hell, 2 if possible.)

Maybe some shop lights for the evenings (TrojanMan and I both are bringing generators.)

Maybe some shelters. May not need them, but it would be nice if the weather turns shitty on us.

Gas in gas cans.

We really should have just about everything covered.

ETA Radios...I think b-stitch has that covered for the organizers, but you guys might want  your own to comm on site.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Are there any SUPPLIES we need? What are we supplying of our own?

Do we still need food?

What you need to bring:
Your "A" game
Camping gear
Eye and ear pro

Food will be served Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, and Saturday Dinner. This is still not fully funded.

We have firewood covered between two different guys bringing it and what we can dig up on site.

I believe we have 3 committed ATV's, we could use another (hell, 2 if possible.)

Maybe some shop lights for the evenings (TrojanMan and I both are bringing generators.)

Maybe some shelters. May not need them, but it would be nice if the weather turns shitty on us.

Gas in gas cans.

ETA Radios...I think b-stitch has that covered for the organizers, but you guys might want  your own to comm on site.

Surv..  As I am dragging my trailer for the 4 wheeler,I will throw my gen set in there in case we need it.  If anyone has a quad to bring but no trailer, let me know.  I think I am heading down 81 but I am not 100%. What time do you want stuff to start showing up?  I don't want to be "that guy" on either side of the clock.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Are the 2 liters covered?

Now that there is more room, I can see if my friend Paul can come (if that's alright). His rotisserie can churn out a ton of wings quick. If he can come, I will bring a bunch wings and maybe some bacon wrapped chicken
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Now that there is more room, I can see if my friend Paul can come (if that's alright). His rotisserie can churn out a ton of wings quick. If he can come, I will bring a bunch wings and maybe some bacon wrapped chicken
View Quote

gotta bring your own soda
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
J

Surv..  As I am dragging my trailer for the 4 wheeler,I will throw my gen set in there in case we need it.  If anyone has a quad to bring but no trailer, let me know.  I think I am heading down 81 but I am not 100%. What time do you want stuff to start showing up?  I don't want to be "that guy" on either side of the clock.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
J
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do we still need food?

What you need to bring:
Your "A" game
Camping gear
Eye and ear pro

Gas in gas cans.

I certainly hope that we're running people on the course by 10am on Thursday, so probably Between 8-9am Thursday or after if that's not something you can accomplish.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I can leave whenever so timing isn't an issue.  I just need to plan it out so I arrive on time.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:13:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what are the regulations on sodas?

and can people run it on Saturday at all?

sorry, I didn't keep up with the details as the thread went on as I didn't think my chances of getting in were high
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

sorry, I didn't keep up with the details as the thread went on as I didn't think my chances of getting in were high
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

72 oz of any carbonated, non alcoholic beverage. 12 oz cans, 24 oz cans, or a 2 liter with a 5 oz chaser are the only acceptable sizes, I believe.  People will definitely be running on Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

72 oz of any carbonated, non alcoholic beverage. 12 oz cans, 24 oz cans, or a 2 liter with a 5 oz chaser are the only acceptable sizes, I believe.  People will definitely be running on Saturday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I won't get there till Saturday unfortunately.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well you know we'd prefer you there for the whole event, but as CWE Champion, you get to run whenever you like.

I hope you'll hang out for a good bit of the evening. It'll be a couple hours past dark before we have our awards ceremony, and I expect that you might want to be there for that.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Was anyone from cwe1 at Harpers Ferry, WV today? As I was bringing my train into the station, I saw a guy in what appeared to be a gray Geissele Cola Warrior east shirt.  I didn't get a chance to wave though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 7:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Also, please people....if you have a "IN" spot, don't just decide that you can wait until Saturday. There is only so much daylight. Those of us who are making this happen are starting the course on Thursday for a reason. If half of you decide to show up Saturday, than as much as half of you won't be running the course.

The earlier you show, the better. Only previous champions get their pick. I and a couple others will run the course after we're done setting up the weekend before. My goal is to be inside 40 minutes with penalties and also test the strength of the equipment on the course.

TM will probably be our video preparedness guy, as he will do very well, and is likely going to be a high finisher. If he kicks the courses ass, and wins, then he wins. I expect our top five will compete from Thursday to Saturday.

(Nothing personal TM...I know you follow me.)  

RA has always run the course as a demo, and has always been fastest...but he also has never accepted any prizes or included himself in the comp. Even at CWE he ran like everyone else, and excluded himself after smoking everyone. That's going to stop next year at CWE if he can make it. I hope between Sylvan, P_more, skyshark288, and wag-bag that we have times that show that 6 years deep, he actually has real competition.  I also expect a lot out of a few other competitors. I can't wait to see how Cake does. MaxTheRabbit and TrojanMan are in beast mode too. All those guys? Sylvan is 100% right. It's all about the chug.

Who is fit and fast and a marksman...that can also pound 72 ounces of cola? That's our champion.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well you know we'd prefer you there for the whole event, but as CWE Champion, you get to run whenever you like.

I hope you'll hang out for a good bit of the evening. It'll be a couple hours past dark before we have our awards ceremony, and I expect that you might want to be there for that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I'll stay late.  I just can't get out till saturday morning right now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem. You think Mrs. Sylvan is going to own the female division?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.
Thats the problem, actually.

Mrs. Sylvan has turned into Sylvan Jr.  And he can't go until Saturday.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Ahhh...well late congratulations. I had no idea you had a mini-me. I'm glad to hear it though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:30:23 PM EDT
[#16]

I don't have paypal, but will donate when I get there like last year.

I'm in for $100.

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ahhh...well late congratulations. I had no idea you had a mini-me. I'm glad to hear it though.
View Quote

I have 4, actually.

And this one was getting a little mouthy.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I have 4, actually.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I have 4, actually.

So you're shutting him up with the pain of cola wars... Brilliant!

I will be coming in early Friday, going to try to leave Richmond by 8.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 4, actually.

lad wants to be an airborne infantryman.  
Time to taste a little pain.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#20]
I know I'm not making this, but as long as I am defending low/no light champion, first place is deferred.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:26:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have 4, actually.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 4, actually.

So you've spawned four Cola Warriors.

Try harder. Blitz still has you beat on that score.

On a serious note, is Mrs. Sylvan attending or no?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I know I'm not making this, but as long as I am defending low/no light champion, first place is deferred.
View Quote

Nope. As much as I love you, bro...you have to show to defend your title. I know and understand why you can't, but this is a full on 100% legit CW event. If we only have three guys running NV? Well, we'll still have one winner.

It would be awesome if TNVC would loan equipment to guys as we only have three right now...but that's how it has to go down, I suppose.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nope. As much as I love you, bro...you have to show to defend your title. I know and understand why you can't, but this is a full on 100% legit CW event. If we only have three guys running NV? Well, we'll still have one winner.

It would be awesome if TNVC would loan equipment to guys as we only have three right now...but that's how it has to go down, I suppose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know what you're saying, but if they get beat at CW5...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:51:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We may have another sponsor who, if they're able to make it, has said they'd bring NV units for demo.

I don't know if that includes possibly running the course with them (as that obviously involves some risk to the units), but if they're able to make it, I'll defer to their decision at the event.

Yes, I know we're two weeks away, but I still don't have a full list of all the sponsors.  This year was just a little rough, and some folks have taken some time to confirm and sort out schedules.

This is perfectly fine, of course, but something to keep in mind is that there will definitely be more sponsors and prizes than what I've been able to confirm publicly.

Again, I'm not putting anyone in an awkward position of me promising something that for whatever reason doesn't happen.  So the result of that is you guys will just have to be pleasantly surprised at the event.

Speaking of, if you haven't seen on the Peep Signal, B5 Systems is in, and the winner will get a SOPMOD stock for their CWAR.  Top three get a sweet Aztec dude tshirt, and everyone else gets a sticker.  Thanks, B5!
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I would be up for a night run if I could borrow equipment. Also, can we get an address or something, or do I need to ride around Appomattox firing my rifle out my truck window like a game of Cola War Marco Polo?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:03:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
do I need to ride around Appomattox firing my rifle out my truck window like a game of Cola War Marco Polo?
View Quote

That's what I was planning on doing.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:04:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Location will be released a little closer to the event.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:06:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would hope the location released would direct more exactly than closer to the event.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:13:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I would hope the location released would direct more exactly than closer to the event.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All people got last year was a few landmarks and some GPS coordinates.
If you're lucky this year you'll get an address.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:19:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just need a phone number  

Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Somehow we made it with Tim driving like a cop. Glad I had my helmet on.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What you need to bring:
Your "A" game
Camping gear
Eye and ear pro
Your own Sodas!

Gas in gas cans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do we still need food?

What you need to bring:
Your "A" game
Camping gear
Eye and ear pro
Your own Sodas!

Gas in gas cans.

I have a pair of 900 MHz ham radios.. not that anyone would noticed if they were operated in the ISM band...
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Also, please people....if you have a "IN" spot, don't just decide that you can wait until Saturday. There is only so much daylight. Those of us who are making this happen are starting the course on Thursday for a reason. If half of you decide to show up Saturday, than as much as half of you won't be running the course.

The earlier you show, the better. Only previous champions get their pick. I and a couple others will run the course after we're done setting up the weekend before. My goal is to be inside 40 minutes with penalties and also test the strength of the equipment on the course.

TM will probably be our video preparedness guy, as he will do very well, and is likely going to be a high finisher. If he kicks the courses ass, and wins, then he wins. I expect our top five will compete from Thursday to Saturday.

(Nothing personal TM...I know you follow me.)  

RA has always run the course as a demo, and has always been fastest...but he also has never accepted any prizes or included himself in the comp. Even at CWE he ran like everyone else, and excluded himself after smoking everyone. That's going to stop next year at CWE if he can make it. I hope between Sylvan, P_more, skyshark288, and wag-bag that we have times that show that 6 years deep, he actually has real competition.  I also expect a lot out of a few other competitors. I can't wait to see how Cake does. MaxTheRabbit and TrojanMan are in beast mode too. All those guys? Sylvan is 100% right. It's all about the chug.

Who is fit and fast and a marksman...that can also pound 72 ounces of cola? That's our champion.
View Quote

Didn't he once accept a tattoo of himself on himself as a prize?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Unless I can get someone to cover for me, I have to work a mid Wednesday night - Thursday morning.  I'll be there sometime Thursday, I don't know exactly when yet, but I'll be there.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:27:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I won't be able to make it until saturday, thus is the price of freedom.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:45:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Freedom isn't free. No there's a hefty fuckin' fee.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:54:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's al good. You're a defacto Champ until you aren't.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Unless I can get someone to cover for me, I have to work a mid Wednesday night - Thursday morning.  I'll be there sometime Thursday, I don't know exactly when yet, but I'll be there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You should be golden.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:32:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I dont think anyone is defacto anything at Cola Warrior.

Both Dirtsquid and SuperQ, came out of nowhere for wins.

Sylvan pretty much came out of nowhere at East with his chug skill.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh I agree...I just remember a statement made that none shall soon forget,

We shall see how CWE plays out.

Link Posted: 10/25/2014 12:34:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More than good enough. Thanks J.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:38:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dirtsquid didn't come out of nowhere, I brought him.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#43]
The three of us will be there early Thursday morning, but I'll have to bounce out for a meeting Thursday night. Unfortunately all of us have obligations Saturday, so we'll have to leave Friday night.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:09:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
The three of us will be there early Thursday morning, but I'll have to bounce out for a meeting Thursday night. Unfortunately all of us have obligations Saturday, so we'll have to leave Friday night.
View Quote

It's all good. If you guys win anything I'll make sure me, or someone, gets you your gear.

ETA That goes for anyone who can't stay Saturday, obviously. But we take pictures and generally have a good time the last night. Plus there will be a nice dinner served...so if you CAN stay, you should, even if you leave Saturday night.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 1:14:19 PM EDT
[#45]
I might be interested in running a NV spot, but I'm not sure right now.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Was anyone from cwe1 at Harpers Ferry, WV today? As I was bringing my train into the station, I saw a guy in what appeared to be a gray Geissele Cola Warrior east shirt.  I didn't get a chance to wave though.
View Quote

I ran into him as well....

He said he would be there this year.  I was trying to beat a time so I didn't have the time to gossip with him further.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

He said he would be there this year.  I was trying to beat a time so I didn't have the time to gossip with him further.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good.  I wasn't seeing things then.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 4, actually.

No.  She has to stay home.

So I subbed sylvan jr.  Is that cool?  I figure I was sitting on +1.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 5:34:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 4, actually.

Yep. You're GTG.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was interesting as this was my first meeting in the wild of an Arfcommer.  I about fell over when I saw the shirt and it took me a second to click on what it was.
Page / 83
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top