Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah, but can you drive it?

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Just send it straight to the winner. That goes for all of you individual sponsors for your winners.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It appears that most of us locals have dropped out. Is there anyone I should give the fifth of rum to for the 5th place prize to bring up, or do one of y'all up in NoVA want to pick a fifth up and I'll paypal you the money?

Just send it straight to the winner. That goes for all of you individual sponsors for your winners.

If I'm the sponsor coordinator, or whatever, I am also willing to handle whatever you need if you can't make it personally.

In this case, Cap'n's prize is easy enough for me to take care of for him.  I'll get him a PM and we can work out the details.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:56:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If I'm the sponsor coordinator, or whatever, I am also willing to handle whatever you need if you can't make it personally.

In this case, Cap'n's prize is easy enough for me to take care of for him.  I'll get him a PM and we can work out the details.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It appears that most of us locals have dropped out. Is there anyone I should give the fifth of rum to for the 5th place prize to bring up, or do one of y'all up in NoVA want to pick a fifth up and I'll paypal you the money?

Works for me. Wasn't going to volunteer you for that stuff, but it would be easier on the individuals to work through you, and you'll be able to get whatever info you need from Brandon.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM sent.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#7]
So you're sending Trojy money to buy rum and expect it to be at East?
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:43:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

He's too much of a snob to drink it himself.  I have faith.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

IM sent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IM sent.

Mail him a check.  In the memo line domument all the deviant sexual services he provided for the cost of a bottle of rum.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm coming down from the Dulles Airport area if anyone needed something delivered.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pistol greatly underestimates my distaste of spiced/flavored spirits.

CM is bad, but at least it can be made palatable by mixing it with Sprite.

This is unlike Southern Comfort, which cannot be redeemed by any method known to science.  That shit's gross.

Besides, I have plenty of awesome beer and liquor, I'm not going to suddenly think, "Oh, yeah, what I really need right now is some spiced rum."
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This is unlike Southern Comfort, which cannot be redeemed by any method known to science.  That shit's gross.

Besides, I have plenty of awesome beer and liquor, I'm not going to suddenly think, "Oh, yeah, what I really need right now is some spiced rum."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

C_M nailed it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:27:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

God damn right.

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:28:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You need to try french toast made with eggnog and Southern Comfort.  It is SoCo's redemption, I swear.

Edited to un-fuck quotes.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I drink Natty Light and Albertson's (local grocery store) brand whiskey, and I like it.

Not really, but yeah really.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:40:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Military Special
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I drink Natty Light and Albertson's (local grocery store) brand whiskey, and I like it.

View Quote

High five.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, to be honest, I was embelishing.  High Life is my real go to beer with a side of Bacardi Silver.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

High five.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

High five.

We got a nattOlantern last weekend.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 6:57:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ok, to be honest, I was embelishing.  High Life is my real go to beer with a side of Bacardi Silver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Imposter!  
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Military Special
View Quote

$12 for a liter and a half of liquor is glorious
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:47:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

High five.

And you guys are supposed to be white trash. Pshaw.

Natty Ice and Kentucky Gentleman, gentlemen.

Of course, I only drink that shit because 99% of the time I can't afford Dogfish whatever and Lagavulin.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 7:48:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Military Special

It's that high now?  I stocked up when it was $5 a gallon
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

The kid across the street drinks Nasty Light. I don't know how they can get away with calling that $#!+ beer.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:56:31 PM EDT
[#26]
OK guys. We're getting close. I need a final count on 4-wheelers (and hopefully, but not yet pledged UTV's.)

I also need any last pennies you folks can spare beforehand. I know we'll receive donations on site, and that's OK. We're still a nice bit short, but I know we'll make it.

I ALSO need to know who has shelters they can bring. Our caterer will need shelter regardless, but especially in case of weather.  We don't know what we'll face. No one wants wet food...at least not any more wet than usual. Blue skies, rain, sleet, or snow, the show WILL go on, and on time.

Need, need, need. Now is the time for giving.

Tomorrow I'm cutting down a tree in my back yard (nice to live in the country) and I'll have it split up before the event (unless it's rotten...I hope not.) If that tree is bad, I have another...but there is plenty of wood my chainsaw and axes can handle on site.

FIRE! Fire for our gathering. We will be using propane for cooking and food prep. Wood fire for our ritual. Usually Pistol Pete is our Shaman, but he can't make it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 10:57:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I also need any last pennies you folks can spare beforehand. I know we'll receive donations on site, and that's OK. We're still a nice bit short, but I know we'll make it.
View Quote

Just waiting on some money orders to show and I'll send you the funds from the Ts.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Just waiting on some money orders to show and I'll send you the funds from the Ts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No worries man. Just putting it out there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:37:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Honestly just worried about atv's and shelters more than anything. Generators are a third. Between TrojanMan and me, we should have everything dealt with.

If anyone has some plywood laying around, that would be great too. No matter what, we're going to have a great time and a terrible (in a good way?) course.

I'll post the course the Sunday or Monday before the event. Either 11/2 or 11/3. Depends on whether or not I spend the week down there and how good my 4G is.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:58:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Honestly just worried about atv's and shelters more than anything. Generators are a third. Between TrojanMan and me, we should have everything dealt with.

If anyone has some plywood laying around, that would be great too. No matter what, we're going to have a great time and a terrible (in a good way?) course.

I'll post the course the Sunday or Monday before the event. Either 11/2 or 11/3. Depends on whether or not I spend the week down there and how good my 4G is.
View Quote
I may have a half sheet of plywood in the garage, how big do you need it? I also have some nice and dry firewood out back that I can't use, so I could bring some of that too. Just let me know.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:42:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm coming down from the Dulles Airport area if anyone needed something delivered.
View Quote

someone had made some "Peep Brew" or something like that and can't come now. Maybe bring that?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I also have some nice and dry firewood out back that I can't use, so I could bring some of that too. Just let me know.  
View Quote

Yes, bring it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:45:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Military Special

It goes on sale sometimes for like $9 always a good time to stock up.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:02:33 PM EDT
[#34]
So we got this notification from another CWE organizer:

Brandon 12:46pm Oct 16
I talked to the Appomattox Sheriff's department today. We are good to go on the night vision runs. The noise ordinance doesn't kick in until 11pm. With that said we should still keep with the plan of finishing early so we don't bother the neighbors to much. The second in command at the Sheriff's office is a guy I played football with in high school so we shouldn't have any police issues at all. I also invited any of the deputies who want to become a Cola Warrior to come down and join the festivities.
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:53:05 PM EDT
[#35]

If anyone else wants a shirt (or extras), if I can get a minimum order of 6 by Monday I'll order them.  $27.50 each, prepay via paypal to my Arfcom email only, brought to CWE or shipped afterward.  If I don't get 6 orders by end of day Monday payments will be refunded.  If I get 6 or more, I'll place the order.  Same deal as last order, if there are any profits it'll go to funding the event.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Sweet, do they seem like they run true to size?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 2:58:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Sweet, do they seem like they run true to size?
View Quote

Looks like it to me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Totally want one!

Totally broke right now.

Got a couple things I am trying to sell before CWE.  If you happen to have a leftover in medium and I have $$ by then I'd take it off your hands.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:32:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:38:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I don't think I got in on the order the first time, so I definitely want 2 shirts (one L and one XL if possible).

Just send the paypal now, or wait to see if 4 more orders come in?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww337/joshua_aston/80F38D2E-348B-4C33-A3D2-0C441BB369D3_zpsapswhu6x.jpg

If anyone else wants a shirt (or extras), if I can get a minimum order of 6 by Monday I'll order them.  $27.50 each, prepay via paypal to my Arfcom email only, brought to CWE or shipped afterward.  If I don't get 6 orders by end of day Monday payments will be refunded.  If I get 6 or more, I'll place the order.  Same deal as last order, if there are any profits it'll go to funding the event.

I don't think I got in on the order the first time, so I definitely want 2 shirts (one L and one XL if possible).

Just send the paypal now, or wait to see if 4 more orders come in?

As long as I have it by Monday, I'll refund it if I don't get enough orders by then.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 5:57:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Just sent $55 now
View Quote

Got it, thanks.  A few others have shown interest, so as long as they follow through it looks like we'll have at least enough for the minimum order.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

My earlier commitment to the suffering is still strong. I will be there with one ATV, I can also bring up some sheets of OSB if that will work vs. plywood.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

My earlier commitment to the suffering is still strong. I will be there with one ATV, I can also bring up some sheets of OSB if that will work vs. plywood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We may need a little of something...OSB is just as good as plywood for our use...but we may not need it. I'll know two weeks out for sure...as in next weekend.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:25:50 PM EDT
[#45]
I can bring my Honda foreman if we need another quad.  I can also bring my canopy, I think it is 12x12.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#46]
I want to say thanks to our contributors. All of you. Our sponsors are fantastic, corporate or individual. You guys throwing stuff in for us are awesome. I especially want to thank CW's and sponsors not attending that still gave to the cause.

Check the OP for updates. People like our organizers and volunteers are the ones that make this possible.

I am making apple pie, this time real apple pie. About as strong as a Port. I'll make sure I have two quarts for our two biggest individual donors, and pints for everyone that's helped that I can put together in such a short amount amount of time.

ETA My recipe is made with legal, taxed liquor and given freely to people over 21, so no CoC violation.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I can bring my Honda foreman if we need another quad.  I can also bring my canopy, I think it is 12x12.
View Quote

Yes to both please. Even if we go "over" on quads for our officials, which I really doubt, we can still use you on your quad for various things. It could be a great help.

ETA and we can never have enough shelter. We can set them up side by side.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 8:57:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Someone remind me to grab some Great Lakes beer to bring a couple days before this starts.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We may need a little of something...OSB is just as good as plywood for our use...but we may not need it. I'll know two weeks out for sure...as in next weekend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not a problem just let me know I've got plenty and bringing it up won't be an issue.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:34:24 PM EDT
[#50]
This event needs more ICS
Page / 83
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top