Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 82
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Added a LWRC Ultra Compact stock to my CWAR; replacing the LWRC Compact stock that was on there before.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Question to those that have run magnified optics at CW:

If you've used a 1-4, or 1-6, did you find it sufficient? Ever find yourself wanting more scope? Same thing for those that have run higher magnification before, did you find you had too much glass?

Also, I'm looking to incorporate some CW specific items into my workouts/training. What would you guys recommend in terms of exercises (both physical and shooting)?

Thanks so much for all the advice/help!
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:19:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If you've used a 1-4, or 1-6, did you find it sufficient? Ever find yourself wanting more scope? Same thing for those that have run higher magnification before, did you find you had too much glass?

Also, I'm looking to incorporate some CW specific items into my workouts/training. What would you guys recommend in terms of exercises (both physical and shooting)?

View Quote
I've used 3-9 and TA33 either one works fine.

Training, Pullups and running, shooting while gassed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I shot West III with a TA33.  It was sufficient, although I wouldn't have complained about a 1-6.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
My Vortex 1-4 was fine out to 500 for CWWIII.  I agree about shooting while gassed (and more cardio so you don't have to be gassed).
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:23:02 AM EDT
[#6]
TA31 and 3x12, hell I think I was faster and only missed once with my ACOG then with 12x, but it helps if the targets are camouflaged or the sun and rain does what it always does.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
At CWW2 I ran an AUG with a Nightforce 1-4 and cleared all the targets with no problem (439 was the furthest). At CWW3, I ran a tranny gun with my scope around 8x (4.5-27), and cleaned all the targets (out to 500) easily. Wife ran my SPR at 16x and cleared rifle in 27 rounds.

Focus on shooting while winded, and reconsidering all of your life choices as you chug soda afterwards.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have old eyes.  My current CWAR (which really isn't) has a VXIII 3.5-10.  I haven't pushed it past 6 however.

Everyone can shoot until they have run and targets are camo'd are 90% hidden by a hill.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I ran this year with the new PA 1-8x24 ACSS and cleared all targets easily on one mag (40 rds).  

Last year I used a PA-10 in .308 with 4-14X44 ACSS.  I had the scope mounted for bench shooting and I was all kinds of FUBAR trying to shoot in a weird position with the rifle balanced on my toe because of the slope, a huge rock in the way and the fact that I was leaning back.  ETA: 14X was overkill and made the FOV too small to be functional for CW.

I like the ACSS, you might say.  It's not a ACOG, but it certainly works.  I see that they are now making an ACOG with the ACSS reticle, but not a TA-33.  One day....
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 4:19:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks to everyone for the feedback!
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 8:48:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Who has the best price on SSAs right now? Trading Place Pawn is OOS.

I need a birfday gift for my brother. He is putting together an AR but I don't think is willing to splurge on a great trigger, so I'll  do that for him.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/253448/image-197564.jpg

Added a LWRC Ultra Compact stock to my CWAR; replacing the LWRC Compact stock that was on there before.
View Quote
You still got the Compact?

Is it dirt colored?

Wanna trade for something?
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:39:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Who has the best price on SSAs right now? Trading Place Pawn is OOS.

I need a birfday gift for my brother. He is putting together an AR but I don't think is willing to splurge on a great trigger, so I'll  do that for him.
View Quote
Primary Arms does 10% Geissele for .mil year round.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#15]
So...  question here.  I currently have the beginnings of a diet CWAR here i think.  

Super T trigger
SOPMOD stock
Aero lower
Super P mount

Would an ALG handguard with a 16" midlength and a 1x4 illuminated reticle complete the proper specs?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:07:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
So...  question here.  I currently have the beginnings of a diet CWAR here i think.  

Super T trigger
SOPMOD stock
Aero lower
Super P mount

Would an ALG handguard with a 16" midlength and a 1x4 illuminated reticle complete the proper specs?

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360538/IMG-2861-210943.JPG
View Quote
Nope. See here:

CWAR requirements
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nope. See here:

CWAR requirements
View Quote
thanks.  I think I'll ditch the idea of a CWAR then.  

trigger and mount were gifted to me by Charlie and Bill, so I thought I could maybe throw a CWAR together but I guess not
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

thanks.  I think I'll ditch the idea of a CWAR then.  

trigger and mount were gifted to me by Charlie and Bill, so I thought I could maybe throw a CWAR together but I guess not
View Quote
Send me your Super T for disposal.

I'll even pay you shipping, because I am kind like that.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Super T trigger
SOPMOD stock
Aero lower
Super P mount

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/360538/IMG-2861-210943.JPG
View Quote
Not 100%... but close enough to receive no hazing when you come to run cola warrior.

So, when are you coming?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 3:25:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 1:30:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Mostly SCWARAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#22]
What is everyone thoughts about the SD-C vs the SSA?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#24]
What is the cap or ard on the objective? It looks like it clips on the raised ridge of the housing.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Not a CWAR.

Attachment Attached File
View Quote
Op3r8or @s fu¢k
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Any issues to speak of with the LWRC Ultra Compact setup?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:02:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, it works really well. 
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
On sale here.

Anyone know the length difference of this stock and a standard, carbine stock?
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

On sale here.

Anyone know the length difference of this stock and a standard, carbine stock?
View Quote

Ultra compact
Compact
B5 Sopmod Bravo for comparison
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#30]
New stock. SCWAR

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/253448/image-217341.jpg

Ultra compact
Compact
B5 Sopmod Bravo for comparison
View Quote
I see I'm not the only one with a mount waiting for an optic.
Link Posted: 6/10/2017 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Working on 6.5 Grendel SBR cwar-ish
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 2:30:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
I bought a Razor gen2 1-6x just for Cola Warrior. It's perfect for me. CWW has targets from 100 to 500yds and I just left it at 6x zoom and it was just right. It's my main truck/tractor gun now because I love looking through that optic and slinging a 69gr smk at random critters.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 6:05:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Is a 20X SWFA SS overkill enough for optics overkill CWAR?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:15:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is a 20X SWFA SS overkill enough for optics overkill CWAR?
View Quote
Yes, but barely.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Anybody know if you can cut a fixed front sight base down with an angle grinder and fit under one of dem fancy G rails?

I have a BCM 16" mid length lightweight upper that is screaming for G treatment.

If I cant grind down the FSB I'll get a low pro gas block from G and and have it pinned into place.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:50:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Anybody know if you can cut a fixed front sight base down with an angle grinder and fit under one of dem fancy G rails?

I have a BCM 16" mid length lightweight upper that is screaming for G treatment.

If I cant grind down the FSB I'll get a low pro gas block from G and and have it pinned into place.
View Quote
Yes.  I put a MK4 on a Colt OEM2 and it has tons of room.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:53:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dremel all things.

Then G all thingz
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#40]
There should be a Grendel-CWAR.

After I finish building these two Grendel's I'm working on, that might be the next project.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Do you have to have all that specific gear to compete?
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
no
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 6:05:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I just finished my first CW. You'll see guns of every flavor, but most are some AR with a magnified optic and a lot of Glocks.

That being said, I cleared pistols on a night run with a single stack 1911. The trick is just to not miss very much.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 7:01:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:The trick is just to not miss very much don't puke.
View Quote
And not being fat, obv.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#45]
Has anyone done CW receivers or is just anything halal and then get it peeped up later?
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Has anyone done CW receivers or is just anything halal and then get it peeped up later?
View Quote
They are (almost) all halal. There is an official CWAR branded lower, you are too late for the group buy though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 9:43:55 AM EDT
[#47]
So a 15" Mk4 G rail, Vltor Bi pod, Aero precision 30mm mount and a 20X SWFA SS on its way for my "I am blind" OOCWAR build. God help my wallet when i get to wizardfying it.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 10:40:20 AM EDT
[#48]
I somehow picked up great privilege at my first Cola Warrior, despite running with a rifle very out of spec (too many dicks). This has obviously led to the creation of a shopping list to fix this problem. I don't think I'll be in spec for any particular definition of a pre-existing CWAR category, but all parts are either directly from a sponsor or responsibly sourced from a sponsor company. I submit for your approval...

Currently too poor for an optic, especially an ACOG. I really need more than a 3x though, so TA33 isn't really in my wheelhouse. Probably going Super Precision with something variable power.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I somehow picked up great privilege at my first Cola Warrior, despite running with a rifle very out of spec (too many dicks). This has obviously led to the creation of a shopping list to fix this problem. I don't think I'll be in spec for any particular definition of a pre-existing CWAR category, but all parts are either directly from a sponsor or responsibly sourced from a sponsor company. I submit for your approval...

http://i.imgur.com/pK4J7Xt.png?1

Currently too poor for an optic, especially an ACOG. I really need more than a 3x though, so TA33 isn't really in my wheelhouse. Probably going Super Precision with something variable power.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:18:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/pK4J7Xt.png?1

View Quote
also check the clubhouse for an alternative lower option . . .
Page / 82
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top