Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 109
Posted: 6/10/2014 7:26:01 AM EDT
http://en.itar-tass.com/world/735564

Militants from the Sunni group Islamic State of Iraq and Levant linked to al-Qaeda took control of Mosul in northern Iraq, Al Arabiya TV channel reported.

Iraqi police and army forces abandoned their posts in the city of Mosul, which shocked the locals, the governor said.

Who's ready to go back?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:27:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Militants from the Sunni group Islamic State of Iraq and Levant linked to al-Qaeda took control of Mosul in northern Iraq, Al Arabiya TV channel reported.

Iraqi police and army forces abandoned their posts in the city of Mosul, which shocked the locals, the governor said.

Who's ready to go back?
View Quote

here's my shocked face
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:29:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck that.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Who's ready to go back?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:32:43 AM EDT
[#4]
they have been fighting since the dawn of time, lets just stay out of it, and let them take turns killing each other.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:33:33 AM EDT
[#5]
fucking awesome... this shit just pisses me the fuck off. Mosul was our AO for one of my deployments. We lost 11 people getting that place under control for fucking nothing I guess.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:34:01 AM EDT
[#6]

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
fucking awesome... this shit just pisses me the fuck off. Mosul was our AO for one of my deployments. We lost 11 people getting that place under control for fucking nothing I guess.
View Quote

For once, you can really say, "Thanks, Obama!"  A skeleton crew would have kept the peace.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:39:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

For once, you can really say, "Thanks, Obama!"  A skeleton crew would have kept the peace.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, full occupation and total control of their entire country would have kept the peace. You know, like we used to do.

We need to get back in the business of CONQUERING people and taking their shit. This nation building bullshit is a waste of time, lives, and resources.

Either submit to our domination or fucking die. Period.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No, full occupation and total control of their entire country would have kept the peace. You know, like we used to do.

We need to get back in the business of CONQUERING people and taking their shit. This nation building bullshit is a waste of time, lives, and resources.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We need Pershing
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:53:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:54:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#12]
As expected.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:01:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#14]

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, evidently the first 6 tours weren't enough....thats not counting the Strom/Shield tour.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#16]
They would ravage my clog wearing homeland

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices GEESE suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:40:37 AM EDT
[#17]

Iraqi uniforms strewn on the road in Mosul. Troops discarded them & fled. The city is now under ISIS control.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:48:02 AM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpxUqkDCMAEj4zg.jpg
Iraqi uniforms strewn on the road in Mosul. Troops discarded them & fled. The city is now under ISIS control.

Well that inspires confidence.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
they have been fighting since the dawn of time, lets just stay out of it, and let them take turns killing each other.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Did anyone really expect a different outcome?

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#21]
al-qaeda is taking over?  no, i didnt see that coming when we pulled out.  this is my shocked face
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#22]
So glad I shed blood, sweat and tears in that city
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who's ready to go back?

ETA: With an ROE that says "Kill everything that moves"

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:04:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Abu Umar ?@AbuUmar8246  5m
An entire regiment of vehicles captured by the Islamic State after the conquest of Mosul,

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#25]
They really need to change that name. I hear ISIS, and, well....

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:06:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We have never really conquered anyone, it was more a land grab with some shooting involved for the US.  We gave back most everything during WWI and WWII.  Occupation for a longer duration would work, like Japan.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:07:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Did anyone really expect a different outcome?

View Quote

I did, just not so soon .

anyway its Bush's fault
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#28]
And why did my cousin give his life for those bastards again, was it just so the city could fall to the enemy with no fight 10 years later

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#29]
That sucks.  Some good people in Mosul and the surrounding areas.  I wonder if they are keeping them in check on the other side of the river.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#30]

Militants believed to belong to extremist group, Islamic State of
Iraq and Syria, in control of much of central and southern Mosul, Iraq,
according to witnesses - @nytimes

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:22:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And why did my cousin give his life for those bastards again, was it just so the city could fall to the enemy with no fight 10 years later

View Quote

I'm sorry for your family's loss.    But, the way the war liberation operation started and was managed, this could've been predicted (and was) 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#32]
This has to be a mistake.  Obama personally killed bin Laden, remember?

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:23:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
This has to be a mistake.  Obama personally killed bin Laden, remember?

View Quote

Maybe his five friends he just released from Gitmo will help stop this sort of thing?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Kyle W. Orton ?@Syrian_Intifada  1h
Here we go / RT @RamiAlLolah

Sources confirm hundreds fully equipped Peshmerga units heading towards Mosul awaiting signal to storm the city
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:35:39 AM EDT
[#35]

About 150,000 people thought to have fled Iraqi city of Mosul after militants take control - @BBCNews

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Is it too late to reinstall the Ba'ath Party?
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:38:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sources confirm hundreds fully equipped Peshmerga units heading towards Mosul awaiting signal to storm the city
View Quote

Its gonna be a shitfight
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Fuck yeah, and after that let em roll to Syria to reinforce the PYD.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#40]

Jenan Moussa ?@jenanmoussa  2m

US Humvee from #Mosul in hands of ISIS.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#41]

Photo: Iraqis fleeing violence wait at a Kurdish checkpoint in Aski kalak, west of Arbil, capital of the Kurdish region - via @AFP

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:47:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Does  Saddam Hussein have any relatives that are still alive that we can put in power over there .i have a gut feeling will be heading back there.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:49:45 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

About 150,000 people thought to have fled Iraqi city of Mosul after militants take control - @BBCNews

Figure half that are men of fighting age. Nice sized army running for the hills instead of defending their turf.

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:54:04 AM EDT
[#44]
I still am reeling from the fact that Obama released five Jihadists who are basically of the same extremism as the Nazi war criminals were.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:55:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:57:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Kill the police and Military who ran.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I still am reeling from the fact that Obama released five Jihadists who are basically of the same extremism as the Nazi war criminals were.
View Quote

To be fair, he took responsibility for that unanimous decision and found someone to blame for it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#48]
glass em
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Kill the police and Military who ran.
View Quote

It takes a brave man to not be a hero in Comrade xcell's army!
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
glass em
View Quote

'murica.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 109
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top