Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2014 8:00:34 PM EDT
I've worn boots on a daily basis for as long as I can remember...with the occasional pair of cleats, dress shoes and flip flops mixed in.

Anyone else?

I <3 muh boots

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Mainly Danners, Ft Lewis and desert arcadia

even with shorts
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Flip flops. Because 'Murica. And it's hot in Texas.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:32:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes I wear:

Wolverine work boots
Colorful Nikes to match my outfits
Flip-flops
Go barefoot with an anklet.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Had some Salomon boots I really liked. They wore out and then I found out they don't make that style in my size anymore so I haven't replaced them yet.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:36:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

even with shorts
View Quote

Well what else would you wear with shorts?

Ankle support, yo

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:39:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have some really nice cowboy boots I wear with my suit (the few times I need to wear one) as it fits me very well and it fits my style ive never got anything but compliments. Otherwise I wear a pair of Whites and a pair of Nicks on the farm and in the shop. I have a pair of Nikes I wear running, on the boat, with shorts, golfing, etc....
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Steel toe shoes at work , sneakers or flip flops off work.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:43:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

even with shorts
View Quote

ft lewis and acadia here too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Boots with pants; hiking boots either leather or nylon.  Occasionally a pair of ropers.

Sneakers with shorts; occasionally hiking boots, and crocs around the house.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#10]
When not at work, (office) I'm usually found in a pair of Bates RAT boots.  My oldest loved mine so much I let have him have mine and bought another pair.  He did his 50 mile hike in it.  Outfitted with proper wool socks and liners of course.  I just broke in when he asked if he could take them.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:48:40 PM EDT
[#11]
My favorite pair and daily wear weather permitting, Old Gringo:

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:52:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Depending on what I am doing or where I am going, will determine with pair of Rocky boots I put on.  I also have one pair of slip on shoes that are for when I am in the house.  Other wise I 'live' in boots no matter the weather
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:53:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Favorites so far were the Corcoran USMC model that was discontinued.
It took 5 years of daily thrashing, and the soles finally packed up, leather was soaked with Hydro and grease, and it was time...

If I could get the same support from a pair of tennie runners or light hiking boots, I'd be on 'em like stink on shit.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:57:11 PM EDT
[#14]
merrell hiking boots or tennierunners
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:02:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:05:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Boots, every day of the year.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:06:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Mostly Bates Marine Lightweights, love them to death. Workout-walk in Asics. Flip-flops rest of the time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:15:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Hiking boots are what I wear at work, which ends up carrying over to my days off.

99% of the time I'm in one of these pairs, or barefoot/flip flops. Couldn't tell ya the last time I wore a regular pair of sneakers/tennis shoes.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:16:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Red Wing slip ons for work and Ariat cowboy boots for everything else.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:16:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Flashy but classy. Want

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:57:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Shoes are pretty worthless when you encounter more than 1/8" of water. Most boots have a sole that can do 1/2" at least. Therefore, shoes are of little utility to me.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:01:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Nike and NB shoes and a pair of Bates gx-8's.
All get worn for different reasons.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#23]
boots at work, dress and work depending on if I need to do a field visit. Usually flipflops or barefoot at home.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:09:00 PM EDT
[#24]
I used to just wear Whites Boots but their quality took a turn for the worse so I've switched to Nicks and I'll be buying more from them as my Whites wear out.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:20:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I used to just wear Whites Boots but their quality took a turn for the worse so I've switched to Nicks and I'll be buying more from them as my Whites wear out.
View Quote

I wasn't impressed with whites last time I looked at them either.   Running Danner flashpoint 2s for the summer.  Never heard of Nicks. They seem to hold up?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:21:51 PM EDT
[#27]
I wear these most of the week.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:22:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Nah. Il stick with my Jordan's

I wear boots for work though.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I wasn't impressed with whites last time I looked at them either.   Running Danner flashpoint 2s for the summer.  Never heard of Nicks. They seem to hold up?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy who founded Nicks in the late 60's was trained by the guy that started Whites. I've never had a pair of Whites that bothered me when they were brand new, the first time I put on a pair of Nicks I realized what everyone always cried about. They actually took some break in, so far they've held up but I haven't abused them yet either. I've been tearing up my Whites since I know they aren't even worth a rebuild anymore. Word on the street is Whites is loosing a lot of business to Nicks. They are worth a look at least but I'm boot snob.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Obviously boots at work since .mil, off days I usually wear Salomon Quest 4D GTX hiking boots.  Some of the most comfortable damn boots I've ever worn.

When I'm wearing shorts, which isn't very often even though I live in FL, it's some Reef sandals.  Also some of the most comfortable flip flops I've ever worn.

Rarely ever wear sneakers except when I'm PTing.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#31]

What is the point of having snake boots if you're gonna give the reptiles the facial expression of a Labrador begging for a treat?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:43:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Justin work boots or Haix P9's.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:45:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Cushe

These are the best man sandal you can buy.  Comfortable and durable as hell.  Has a Roman soldier look to it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#34]
When I'm not wearing my Adidas sneaks I have my Lowa Zephyr Mid boots on. Fuckers are comfy as hell.
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 12:09:41 AM EDT
[#35]

Mostly boots for the past 25 years.

I mostly wear any one of my 87 pair of combat boots.

Issued Welcos, Oakleys, or OTB Desert Lites.

Lately I wear my half-height 5.11 black boots that I got for my EMT gig.

ETA: Need another pair of Grinders.

Link Posted: 6/4/2014 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#36]
Ariat Square Toe/Steel Toe
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 1:39:42 AM EDT
[#37]
I typically either where my Asolo hiking boots, or a pair of shoes i bought from cabelas that are similar to hiking boots but without the ankle support..

I stand all day at times, and like the extra support that kind of footwear offers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top